The Book of Secrets

By katie-ann9316

Kelly, Rachel, Jenny, Max, Adam and Zack use to be childhood best friends but everything changed when they st... More

The Book of Secrets
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
***** Note *****

Chapter 11

279 13 0
By katie-ann9316

Sorry is didn't upload yesterday I have had a really busy weekend :( Here is the next chapter Enjoy :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Rachel entered the training room Tray smiled before clapping his hands together, “I was looking forward to your element Rachel. Let's get started” he said pulling her into the centre of the room. “Right let's see, your element is Earth which means you are a caring and practical kind of girl” he said making Rachel smile,

“That does sound like me” she laughed,

“When you think of Earth you think of growth, all of nature grows over time if it has the right amount of love and care” he said, “Adam will you bring up the Earth training equipment like I showed you earlier” he called to Adam who happily pressed a button on the control desk that caused the floor of the training room to transform into a field of grass.

“Alright, now you have your element all around you so I want you to control it” Tray said stepping away from Rachel,

“What do you mean? How do I do that?” Rachel asked unsure.

“I can not tell you how to control your element, it is different for everyone.” Tray explained “If it helps Flora the old Earth warrior liked to touch and talk to the earth, she said that it was alive and so should be treated that way” he added and Rachel took a deep breath concentrating on her element.

Slowly Rachel bent down to be closer to the ground, placing her hands on the floor so the grass weaved in between her fingers, she closed her eyes and smiled when she could feel her element. “You know what the prettiest flowers are?” Rachel quietly whispered to her element, “Daises, little white daises” she said remembering how she would pick the small flowers and make necklaces out of them when she was a child.

“Well done Rachel,” Tray praised causing her to open her eyes to see that the floor was filled with little white daises growing in the grass. “Now lets try to make the grass grow” he said “Control it and make it come to you so you are the only one standing on the grass” he challenged and Rachel stood up holding her hands out with her palms facing the floor, everything that she did felt natural to her like she had been using the element for years. Tray smiled again when he saw that the grass was being pulled into a small circle where Rachel stood, it grew taller until it started to wrap around her hands.

“Very good” he said, “Now this is the hard part” Tray began “release your element so that the grass goes away” he explained.

Rachel tried to release her element but she felt like it was clinging to her like a small child, “I can't it doesn’t want to go” she cried getting worried, the grass around her continued to grow wrapping itself around her arms, “Tray I can't do it!” Rachel cried trying to free her hands as the grass reached her shoulders.

“You have to relax, your element is like your child, it can sense your fear, you have to give it confidence to go off on it's own” Tray said repeating how Flora had described her element to him all those years ago.

Taking in a deep breath Rachel let all her fear wash from her, instructing her element to leave her, creating a wall to block it out. The grass began to shrink until it was completely gone from the training room. “You did it” Tray said happily, “The more you practice the more control you will have over the element” he added but Rachel looked sad.

“I don't want to practice, what if I can't control it?” she said fearfully,

“You have to be strong and brave enough to believe that you can control the Earth, It is a powerful element that takes a lot to control. You must not be afraid of it Rachel, It doesn’t what to hurt you.” Tray promised placing his hand on her shoulder.

“Alright I will try” she agreed leaving the room.

Adam was next for training and he was intrigued to learn more about his element.

“Electricity” Tray said taking a deep breath,

“I didn't really know that Electricity was an Element” Adam admitted,

“Yes it isn't a very well know element and is over looked much of the time. That is because it is a very quiet element” Tray explained, “The original source of Electricity - before it is used in technology - is Lightning. What do you know about Lightning?” Tray asked and Adam laughed,

“Well it is dangerous and powerful” he said,

“Yes but it is also quick and precise” Tray added. “Volt the old Electric warrior was always quiet, he would seek answers to every question that he asked, and he was never wrong, this is the same with his element. He would never miss a target or loose control. If he did it would have been disastrous because the element is so volatile” Tray explained,

“For you to learn how to control your element you must be patient and smart, you must start small” Tray said “try to turn off the light” he challenged pointing to one of the light bulbs in the control room.

Adam turned and faced the light and took a deep breath. Holding his hand out in front of him Adam started to feel his element flow through him making the hairs on his arms stand up. Not taking his eyes from the light he quickly clenched his hand and the light turned off.

“Very good” Tray said “Now turn it back on” he added, Adam released his hand and the light was shining brightly once again. “Alright now this is a little harder, I want you to take the electricity from the light into your hands and hold it.” Tray said taking two steps away from him.

Adam nodded his head and lifted his hand once again, the light quickly zipped across the room to Adam's hand.

“Ouch!” he cried pulling his hand away, “It shocked me” he explained,

“You are thinking about it too much, don't be fearful of the element, you are grounded to the earth so it will not hurt you. You just need to allow it to flow through you” Tray explained.

Adam tried again taking a deep breath before reaching for the light again, this time the light zipped across the room into his hand and he held it there,

“That's it Adam, hold it …. keep control” Tray incoraged.

The ball of raw electric shined in Adam's hand spinning around trying to escape from his grasp, a bead of sweat fell from his head as he put all his concentration into controlling the small ball of light. Unable to hold it any longer he was forced backwards and fell to the ground. The ball of electric flew across the room bouncing of the walls, Tray quickly held up a shield before he was hit by the bouncing ball and contained it.

“That was very good Adam” he praised allowing the ball of electric to disappear into the ground.

“I feel really tired” Adam explained,

“That's because your element takes it's toll on your body, it is hard to control electricity. The more you practice the longer you will be able to use your element without feeling week” Tray explained.

Jenny was next to train with Tray, she entered the room looking scared. “It's not that bad Jen” Adam encouraged as she passed him,

“He is right your element is the easiest to control, the only difficulty is holding your emotions together.” Tray said,

“What do you mean?”

“Well Water is the element of emotion and wisdom.” Tray explained.

“Wisdom?” Jenny asked “I'm not clever, Adam's the clever one” she cried,

“Jenny calm down, you are clever you just act like a dumb blonde” Adam shouted.

“I don't act dumb!” Jenny argued

“Yes you do, you do it so you can be popular” her brother snapped,

“Let's begin” Tray said interrupting the siblings argument. “I want you to control the water in this glass. When I pore it onto the floor I want you to hold it in the air” he explained.

“How am I suppose to do that?” Jenny asked confused,

“Well River was always calm and thoughtful. Try to stay calm and feel the water” Tray said, holding up a glass of water. “Are you ready?” he asked and Jenny took a deep breath before nodding, Tray slowly tipped the glass until a small stream of water pored out. Jenny tried to stop the water from hitting the floor but failed and she was left starring at a small puddle at her feet. “This isn't going to work” she cried throwing her hands up into the air only to jump back when a spray of water flew at her.

“How did I do that?” she asked Tray who was just smiling happily at her,

“Your emotions help you to control your element, Try to lift the water from the floor back into the glass” Tray said placing the glass on the floor besides the puddle of water.

Jenny stood over the puddle holding out her hands and slowly moved them up, as she did a thin column of the water rose. Carefully she moved her hands so the water travelled over to the glass filling it back up. “Oh my gosh! I did it” Jenny cheered happily jumping up and down.

“Well done Jenny,” Tray praised with a smile.

“Max is here!” Adam called as Max entered the control room,

“That was great timing, your up next Max” Tray called and Jenny walked out of the training room, leaving Max and Tray to train.

Tray had lit a candle and placed it in the centre of the room, “Your element is very persistent, it is difficult to control because it likes to do it's own thing” he began walking over to Max, “I want you to stop the fire from burning this string” he continued holding out a long length of wool, placing one end next to Max before walking back to the candle and lighting the other end. Max watched as the flame slowly began to burn it's way along the string.

“I can't stop it from burning that!” Max cried looking at the travelling flame in confusion.

“All you have to do is not let it burn the string. Fury the old Fire warrior told me that her element was stubborn so she had to be persistent with it.” Tray explained and Max just looked at him.

“What is that suppose to mean?” he cried, the flame was now half way along the string.

“That if your determined you can control the element, you have to be more stubborn than the Fire” Tray explained. Max nodded his head before looking back at the flame that was travelling towards him, He glared at the fire burning the string that lay helplessly in it's path. Max concentrated willing the flame to stop it's destructive rampage and slowly the flame started to slow down until it completely stopped travelling along the string.

“Very good Max, now send it back to the candle” Tray challenged, Max frowned from the force of his element but slowly the flame began to retreat along the remains of the chard string. Just before it reached the candle Max's phone started to ring, distracting him and causing the flame to extinguish.

“Hello” he said answering his phone, Tray stood and watched in shock as Max continued to talked to the person who had rang him.

“Yes alright I will be there in five minuets, bye” Max said ending the phone call,

“Sorry Tray I have to go, my brothers have just arrived back home” Max called as he ran out of the room and back into the main building.

“Oh... alright … bye” Tray called but Max had already gone.

“Well I’m surprised he stayed this long, you'll get use to that” Adam said to Tray who still stood shocked in the centre of the training room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you have now seen Rachel, Adam, Jenny and Max training to use there powers.

What did you think? who did teh best in there training lesson? DO you think Rachel will get over the fear of Earth to practice? Will Jenny learn to control her emotions? what about Max? he just left in the middle of training :0

Please tell me what you thought :)

I would really like five votes and or comments <3 the next chapter will have Kelly's training lesson :0 how do you think it will go?

Katie-ann xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 43 47
Two girls named Terra and Phoenix flair had a big secret that only they knew, they were independent and didn't need any adult supervision. They owned...
1.2K 70 24
"Promise me that we will always be besties forever cowboy." I said. "I will stop drinking juice boxes if we don't cowgirl. " He promised. *ten years...
186 16 12
6 best friends find out that they are the long lost heirs to the six elemental kingdoms: fire, air, earth, water, lightning, and space. Long ago, the...
806 6 35
When four friends find Elemental Warriors on the verge of death what will they do to save the world in their place when they also have the chance to...