Redamancy | Elena Gilbert

De SprintingFox

One seemed to know everything about love, while the other couldn't claim any experience with it. What was sup... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Final Author's Note

Chapter 18

2.9K 119 21
De SprintingFox

Stefan was operating on crazy.

At least, that was how Damon put it. Rosalind awoke on the morning of Caroline's birthday to a text from the elder Salvatore informing her that he and Stefan had killed a hybrid that went after Bonnie. Why that hybrid attacked the Bennett witch, she had no idea (and he didn't seem like he was going to tell her).

So, now, Stefan was demanding that Klaus send his hybrids away. And according to Damon, there was a 'wild' look in his eyes. Rosalind was tasked with keeping a lookout and being careful around Stefan.

She would have rather joined in on the festivities for Caroline's birthday. She'd been able to help decorate the locker, but Caroline had decided not to go to school at all. Like the good friends they were, Elena, Bonnie, and Matt ditched school to go to her house instead.

Rosalind wondered if any of them would manage to graduate high school. Hell, she'd barely managed and she was busting her ass daily to get things done. Her homework time was always limited because of all the sports she did, and she was never naturally gifted enough to sail through any course. Her anger issues left her getting frustrated easily with every teacher and every assignment. She couldn't imagine how she would have fared if she missed school as often as they did.

"Hey, you're still here," said Jeremy when he found her in the athletic trainer's office, cleaning up.

She raised a brow. "And you're... here. Where injured athletes and students come for therapy."

"Oh, I came looking for you, I just thought you might be at the field already. Elena wanted me to tell you that they're moving Caroline's party to the cemetery, in case you're able to go."

Rosalind blinked. "Excuse me? The cemetery? Why?"

"Guess she was feeling sentimental about the fact she's a vampire and not actually turning eighteen. So, it's more of a 'goodbye old Caroline' and 'hello new Caroline' kind of thing."

"Huh. Well, that's unexpected. Oh, I've been wanting to ask— how are you? Tyler feels awful about what happened when Klaus made him get you off of the vervain. He's been preparing a way to fix his sire bond issues."

Jeremy shrugged. "I'm alive. Alaric saved me, and he's okay, too. I'm staying late today for detention but maybe if you want we could head to Caroline's together when we're done with practice. Unless you're heading home for the Council Meeting. Tyler mentioned it."

Rosalind smacked her forehead. "Oh, shit. I forgot about that! My Aunt Carol wants me present to help fundraise. I don't think I'll be able to go to Caroline's party at all. Would it be okay if I give you the present I got for Caroline so you can give it to her on my behalf?"

"Sure," said Jeremy, waiting for her to get it from her bag. "Well, I'll see you another time."

"See you," said Rosalind. "Thanks."

He held up the present as he walked out. As soon as she finished cleaning the office, she went to eat some lunch. Afterwards, she got to the field, planning to give her athletes a shorter workout so she could get to the house on time. Her aunt would be livid if she wasn't showered and ready by the time the fundraiser started.

She had to speed back home after practice, pretending all lights were green (they weren't, but there also weren't any cops around). She ran up to her room and took the quickest shower of her life, slipping into some more formal clothes just as her aunt came knocking on the door to see if she was ready.

"Be down in a bit!" said Rosalind, almost falling flat on her face when she slipped on some heels. She looked in the mirror, adjusting the line of her dress pants and blazer. To keep it looking formal but also modern, she'd worn a blue crop top with the suit. As long as she kept her hands tucked together while around her aunt, she wouldn't notice.

"Rosie?"

"Come in," she told Tyler, spraying perfume all over herself.

Tyler made a face as he came in. "I need to talk to you about something. More like... ask you to do something."

"What is it?" she asked.

"Klaus told me to bite Caroline."

The perfume bottle fell out of her hand. "What?" she snapped. "Why?!"

"Because of Stefan," said Tyler. "He killed Mindy. And Klaus wants Caroline as collateral damage. He said I had to and I said no, and he made a comment about how I have free will. And then Caroline invited me to her birthday, but all I can think about is hurting her. What if I can't resist the sire bond? What if I do it without meaning to? The hybrids and I have been getting to know each other more after you invited them to that party and they thought you were cool. And they think I'm not going to be able to resist."

"So what do you need me to do? Knock you out?"

"No, I need you to command me to stay here and to never bite Caroline. The hybrids all listen to you! I listen to you, it's like I know inherently that you're stronger, mentally. Hell, if you were a hybrid, I think you'd be stronger physically, too. You're an Alpha, even if you're not my current Alpha. My brain will listen if you give me a command. Just say it and say it assertively or threaten me or something. I can't bear the thought of hurting Caroline, I just can't. And you have this way of making me listen to you so please, Rosie..."

She took his shoulders in her hands, looking into his eyes, concentrating as if she was compelling him, and saying in a firm voice, "You are going to stay in your room and get some homework done, and you are not going to ever, ever bite Caroline or I'll kick your ass and have my new hybrid pals help me. You care for her, and you don't bite the people you care about. So I don't give a damn what Klaus says— you will not bite her. Got it?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I got it." He offered her a small smile, then went to his room.

She made her way downstairs. Her aunt ushered her to the main doors so she could greet the attendees, particularly the rich who would be donating tonight. Rosalind put on a smile and shook hands left and right, but came to a stop when she saw Klaus with one of his hybrids, Daniel. He had been at her pool party, but hadn't really spoken to her.

"You," she murmured. "Are you just here to rub in the fact you can prance into my house whenever you want?"

"Nonsense," said Klaus, feigning offense and putting a hand on his chest. "As an inhabitant of this town, I'm coming to make contributions. I'll be speaking with your aunt."

He walked past her with a mischievous smirk. Daniel shrugged, causing Rosalind to huff and go back to greeting people. As soon as the guests stopped arriving, she went to find her aunt, and saw that Klaus was already speaking with her. Rosalind had already told her a lot about their current predicament with Klaus to keep her informed for safety reasons. Carol noted that she would try to avoid problems with him at all cost, if it meant keeping Tyler and Rosalind safe. Which Rosalind took to mean that she might be complicit in whatever Klaus asked of her.

"You know, Carol," Klaus was saying nonchalantly, "when I think of a mayor I think of an old fuddy-duddy, but you really have changed my perception!"

"Oh, thank you," said Carol.

"I mean, you are just delightful," Klaus continued to smarm up, even when Rosalind came to stand protectively beside her aunt. "What color are your eyes?"

Carol replied, "They are blue."

"Oh, yes, they are."

"Look at what the cat dragged in," came Damon's voice as he stood with Rosalind. "Nice vest."

"Thank you very much," said Klaus, as if nothing was wrong. "Good to see you, Damon. Carol and I were discussing about whether you would be the other big benefactor."

Carol cast Damon a slightly nervous smile. "What do you say Damon? Klaus has made a very generous pledge. You know how we're chomping at the bit to begin the renovation."

"Carol," said Damon, "don't take this the wrong way, but do you realize that you've been kissing the ass of an immortal hybrid who ruined your son's life and has been harassing your niece day after day since he forced her to kill somebody?"

"Oh, come now," said Klaus. "Some would say that I saved Tyler from all that nasty full moon business." He looked at Carol and spoke softer, "I've never had to go through it myself more than twice, to be honest, but still, I'm very sympathetic. As for Rosalind, I have offered to free her of her burden if she'd only just accept me as her leader. Whenever she is ready, I will save her from that pain as well."

Rosalind made a face at him, crossing her arms and sticking her tongue out when her aunt wasn't looking.

"Klaus has promised me he will protect Tyler and Rosalind, Damon," said Carol, looking at her niece as well. "And our town."

"From who?" said Damon. "His hybrids are the one the town needs protection from."

"Well," said Klaus, "I'd have no use for them if your brother would kindly return my family."

"Not gonna happen."

"That's what I thought, which is why I've come to an agreement with the Mayor. You and the Council stay out of my hair, I stay out of yours. Your town gets protected, my hybrids get left alone and everybody will be happy. All you have to do is to get Stefan to stop decapitating my friends."

"Please, Damon," pleaded Carol. "Just get your brother under control, or the Council will be forced to take action against him."

Damon sneered. "You've gotta be kidding me!"

"Oh, come on, mate," urged Klaus wickedly. "Give peace a chance."

Damon scoffed and walked away. "You just like controlling everybody around you, don't you?" said Rosalind.

"Did you know, Carol?" said Klaus. "My hybrids actually quite like your niece. They admire her. She has the makings of a leader. She truly is in no danger here. I see no reason why I cannot have my family back when I am being cooperative."

"I will speak with Damon," said Carol. "Rosalind, sweetheart, can you go around and see if anyone else would like to donate?"

"Sure," she said. "But Klaus is coming with me."

He accepted, offering his arm to her. She didn't take it. "Why are you donating to renovate Wickery Bridge?" asked Rosalind. "You don't seem the type to do charity."

"I am a charitable man," said Klaus very seriously. "Perhaps you couldn't realize what with you dodging every offer I make to turn you."

"You're only giving me a choice to be turned because you want me to admit you're better than me, which you're not. The only purpose you serve in turning me is being my sire. Everything else I accomplish from there is my own doing, it has nothing to do with you."

He chuckled. "I will be your maker. You will only be able to become a hybrid because of my blood. Without me, you'll be a simple werewolf your whole life."

"And even as a simple werewolf I'd be a better person than you are. Just be quiet so I can talk to donors."

She had a few conversations, all of which Klaus rudely joined. Everyone wrote a check for her to collect, and Klaus playfully tried to take them away, much to her dismay. She was just about to lead him into another room so she could smash a vase on his head when Damon came behind them and grabbed their arms.

"Need to talk," he said. "Follow me."

Klaus was not pleased about being grabbed or told what to do, and neither was Rosalind, but they both followed after Damon, who closed the doors when they reached the downstairs study and were away from everyone else.

"Stefan just grabbed Elena," announced Damon.

Rosalind's eyes widened. Klaus simply said, "Well, he's getting desperate."

"He's gonna try and use her against you," said Damon worriedly. "Do what he says, get rid of your hybrids."

"Or what?" asked Klaus boredly. "Stefan would never dream of killing her."

"You sure about that? He just tried to behead someone in the middle of a Council party. He's operating on crazy right now."

Klaus shrugged. "Well, crazy or not, that kind of love never dies. He's bluffing."

"Maybe he is, maybe he isn't," said Damon. "But if you don't want to believe him, believe me. I know my brother better than anyone, and right now, I don't have a clue how far he is willing to take this. So if he says blink, I suggest you blink." He tapped Rosalind. "I'm going to go look for them. Stay here in case he comes by, and if he does, tell me immediately."

She nodded, and he sped out through the doors that led out into the patio. "Just send the damn hybrids away," she told Klaus. "They're not happy here and you know it. I really don't see why you can't settle somewhere else. Just leave us all alone."

"My hybrids are quite taken with you," said Klaus. "All of them like you."

"Maybe because I treat them like people. And because I'm a more understanding leader than you."

"Your abilities rival mine, perhaps. That can be proven with the fact you forced Tyler to stay in his room. It isn't a secret you are mighty. But you have never actually had to lead a pack."

"Neither have you," said Rosalind. "This is your first time and you're screwing it up."

Klaus did not reply, his phone beginning to ring and cutting him off. "Stefan," he said, beginning to walk outside. Rosalind followed him. "How nice to hear your voice."

"Tell your hybrids to get out of town, Klaus," said Stefan. Rosalind could hear an engine running in the background.

The hybrid ran his tongue over his lips. "Well, that's not gonna happen until I get my coffins back."

"Okay," said Stefan with a deadly calmness. "Well then I'm gonna drive your blood source off Wickery Bridge."

"I don't believe you, Stefan," said Klaus. "You won't kill her."

There was the sound of tires screeching, and a girl (Elena, of course) whimpering. "No, no, no!" she cried out. "What are you doing?"

Rosalind started to grow tense. "What is he doing to her?" she asked, knowing that Stefan would have heard.

"I just fed her my blood," said Stefan. "No more hybrids if she's a vampire."

"You won't do it," said Klaus lowly.

"Really?" said Stefan. "Try me, because your coffins are next to go. Say goodbye to your family Klaus."

The sound of the engine became much louder. Elena was screaming, terrified, "Stefan, slow down! Stefan! Stefan, stop it!"

Rosalind gave Klaus a pleading look, which really wasn't necessary now that he was hearing firsthand just how far Stefan was willing to take things. "Fine, I'll send them away. You win."

But Stefan hadn't stopped. "Stefan!" Elena was screeching. "Stefan, stop!"

"Stop the car, Stefan!" Klaus yelled, eyes wide when he realized Stefan might still kill Elena.

As soon as Rosalind heard the car skidding to a stop, she sprinted to her car, and began driving to Wickery Bridge at full speed, not even bothering to text Damon first. She couldn't think of anything other than getting there and making sure Elena wasn't dead.

When she got to the bridge, Elena was standing there alone. Rosalind parked the car quickly and ran out. "Are you okay?" she asked frantically.

Elena turned to face her, revealing she was crying. She pulled Rosalind into a hug, and began to sob. "He left me here," she cried into her shoulder. "I was so scared..." she started to breathe heavily. "He... he was going to..."

"Elena," said Rosalind worriedly. "Take a moment and don't breathe. Look at me. Look at me—" she held onto her face. "Hold your breath for a moment, then follow after me. Breathe with me. Inhale..." she demonstrated, and Elena followed. "Exhale. Okay, now lean down—" she made Elena put her hands on her knees. "Repeat. Inhale... exhale..."

The doppelgänger was still trembling. "A-All I can remember is that night," she whimpered as she started to breathe normally. "The night we went off that bridge, the night I almost died..."

"You're safe now," said Rosalind. "Come with me, I'll take you home." She put an arm around her and led her to the car, helping her into the passenger's seat. "I just need to call Damon so he knows that you're okay."

She stepped off to the side to call him. "What happened?" he asked. "Did Stefan show up?"

"No, he called Klaus and almost drove Elena off of Wickery Bridge!" she said, unable to keep from getting angry. "If I see him in the next twenty-four hours, I just might kill him! She almost had a panic attack, Damon, and all that trauma she went through has resurfaced so suddenly, I'm worried about her spending the night alone at her house. Klaus said he's sending his hybrids away, so you make sure your brother doesn't do any other stupid things tonight, or I will bite him and make sure Klaus doesn't heal him."

"Got it," muttered Damon. "Let me know when you get her home safely."

"I will." She hung up and walked back to the car. Elena had buckled herself up and was crying silently. Rosalind turned on the radio to play some gentle music as she drove her home, making sure to let the car glide slowly, not braking suddenly or making any moves that might startle her.

"Thanks for picking me up," sniffled Elena. "You showed up fast."

"You're welcome," said Rosalind, pulling up to her house. "Elena, I worry about leaving you here alone tonight. Is Jeremy home yet?"

"He'll be home soon. I'll be okay... I'll survive. Somehow, I always do."

"I know. But life isn't supposed to be like this. Where we just survive over and over, with trauma piling up on us. We should get to live and be happy and this... this is just so wrong."

Elena shrugged numbly. "Stefan got what he wanted. He's so consumed with anger, wanting to make Klaus suffer. I guess I'm just collateral damage to him now. I... I'm just glad I can always count on you, Rosalind."

"I'll always be here for you, Elena," she promised. "As long as I'm alive and well."

Elena sniffled and dried her eyes. "Oh... I don't want to go inside just yet. I need another minute. Can you um... distract me? Tell me literally anything else?"

"Ah, shit," said Rosalind. "Well, um, I looked fashionable today, if you notice the outfit. Dress pants and a blazer but with a crop top underneath. I was thinking of posting it with a caption of colorful hearts like a pride flag."

"That would be cute," said Elena. "I hope I'm not prying, but... how did you know you were gay?"

"Well, thinking back to my earliest memory when I gained consciousness... I remember I used to watch cartoons and there was this one character, I don't even know her name... she would pucker her lips a lot. And one day I just thought... that looks kissable. I mean, you see characters kiss on screen and you know that they do it when they like each other, even if as a kid you don't understand the sexual nature of it. And I kissed her when she came on screen. Pressed my lips onto the television and kissed her. One time my dad saw me and he sat me down, gave me a talk about sexuality, and how some people like boys and some people like girls. He asked me if I liked girls and even as a kid I just thought I liked everybody. Because people are beautiful. So then, as I got older, I learned more about sexuality and identity and how sexual attraction can differ from romantic attraction. I think I was in middle school when I decided I was omnisexual, but only romantically attracted to people who identify as female. There are other sexuality terms that could probabyl still encompass what I feel, but I liked the word 'omnisexual.' So, I've stuck with that."

"I want to learn more about that," said Elena. "There's a lot of terms I don't know, a lot of things I don't understand. I don't want to be ignorant."

Rosalind beamed. "Well, I have a few links I can send you, articles to read so you can find out more. And I'm always happy to answer any questions you might have."

"Thank you. I think I'm ready to go inside now."

They both stepped out of the vehicle. Rosalind walked Elena to her door, and all the way up to her room. Minutes later, Jeremy arrived, having been informed by Damon that Stefan had taken Elena. It seemed he and Matt had been knocked out so that they couldn't stop Stefan from kidnapping her.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" asked Rosalind once Elena was ready for bed.

"I'll be fine," said Elena, walking over to her. "Don't worry about me. Go home, go to sleep. If I need anything, I'll let you know."

"Goodnight then, Elena," said Rosalind.

"Goodnight, Rosalind," replied the doppelgänger.

Even if Elena seemed fine, Rosalind worried. She kept a close eye on her the next few days following the incident, and constantly made sure to check in and see how she was doing, emotionally. Elena claimed she was okay, but Rosalind noticed she was going on morning runs more often. Probably needed to blow off some steam.

Tyler had come to her ten days later to announce that he'd solidified his plan to break the sire bond. He had invited Bill Forbes back into town to help him, and had arranged for him and Rosalind to help him conquer painless turning. Caroline was informed, of course, but Bill had been very firm with his daughter, not wanting her to witness anything. Given Tyler still naturally had orders from Klaus to bite her, they worried that while turning, Klaus's command would overcome Rosalind's, and if Caroline was anywhere nearby, she'd be hurt.

"Let's get started," said Bill once Rosalind and Tyler had shown him to the cellar and chained the younger Lockwood up. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah," said Tyler worriedly. "The sooner the better. Klaus is probably going to start checking on me if Stefan doesn't give the coffins back, and since he hasn't... I need to do this fast."

"Don't worry," said Rosalind, not wanting him to be concerned about that. "Just focus on what Mr. Forbes tells you."

She was the one currently overthinking. First and foremost, she wanted to help Tyler. But she was also wanting to check on Elena and Bonnie, who were going to find Bonnie's mom to try and open one of the coffins, which was magically sealed. Apparently, Stefan had been hiding the coffins in the old witch house. He wasn't pleased when Bonnie spilled the beans to Rosalind and Elena.

"It took decades to train myself to resist compulsion," explained Bill. "Brain's like a muscle. The more you use it, the more it can do. A sire bond, at its core, is about one thing... gratitude. We're going to make sure you have nothing to be grateful to Klaus for. Own your pain then you'll owe Klaus nothing and you will be free. Now, turn."

Tyler stared at him. "I can turn at will, but that doesn't mean I know how to start."

"You're making excuses," said Bill.

"You don't understand," Tyler replied. "When I turn, I break every bone in my body. How do I even kickstart that?"

"Break a bone," said Rosalind. "Think about it, and break a bone. Take charge of it." She motioned for Bill to move behind the gate, but he refused. "Come on, Tyler, you can do it."

He groaned, and concentrated. His eyes began to glow, and he yelled out, his shoulder snapping and causing his arm to twist back. "I can't, I can't—"

"Try harder," said Bill firmly. "Think about your anger. It's in you, you know it is. Your bond to Klaus is putting my daughter in danger. Doesn't that make you angry?'

Tyler growled, and tried to think about it again. He screamed as his bones started to break again, this time in his legs. "It hurts, I can't—"

"Yes you can!" urged Rosalind. "Just breathe and keep breaking bones, Tyler. Deal with the pain now so you won't have to in the future. Come on, push through it!"

Tyler tugged hard at the chains on the wall. "I don't think these chains are strong enough!"

"Get behind the gate," Rosalind told Bill. "Now."

"No," he said. "Not until he turns."

"He's a hybrid now, he has more strength than he did as a regular wolf, and even then he almost broke free of the chains. Get behind the gate!"

The hybrid beside her was becoming less human with each passing second. "Hey!" she said, watching him snarling at Bill, already baring his fangs. "Stop that." She faced Bill. "Get behind the—"

Tyler broke free of his chains, already in wolf form. Rosalind watched him dive forward, scratching Bill across the face and snarling as he tried to tear out his throat.

.

A/N: Happy 200 pages!! Comment for more :)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

186K 4.9K 22
(Y/n) Gilbert was one of the most outgoing people you could ever meet, but when her parents died in an accident things became very rough. What once w...
312K 6.9K 68
Lily and her twin Elena are still trying to get over the death of their parents when two mysterious boys come into their town, Mystic Falls. The seem...
687K 17.8K 97
She was their protector, because they were all she had. She returned to Mystic Falls solely to help them, and had every intention of leaving afterwar...
1.3M 39.5K 51
"You don't pick who you fall in love with and it never happens as it should." ---- *Disclaimer I don't own any of The Vampire Diaries characters. All...