A Girl Called Lori

By RStoriesz

Lex has been defeated, and Kara and Lena are rebuilding their friendship, with Kara having realised she is to... More

Chapter 1 - A Girl Called Lori
Chapter 2 - Lori at L-Corp
Chapter 3 - The Interview
Chapter 4 - Final Assessments
Chapter 5 - Lori's New Home
Chapter 6 - Lori's Issues
Chapter 7 - Lori Meets Alex
Chapter 8 - Jealousy
Chapter 9 - Indian Food
Chapter 10 - Lori Meets Nia
Chapter 11 - Italian Lunch
Chapter 12 - Another Nightmare
Chapter 13 - Alex & Lori
Chapter 14 - Helen's Check In
Chapter 15 - Kara and Lori's Friday
Chapter 16 - Eliza Meets Lori
Chapter 17 - Making Pizzas
Chapter 19 - Back to School
Chapter 20 - First Date Preparations
Chapter 21 - Kara & Lena's Date
Chapter 22 - Kara Tells Lori
Chapter 23 - Second Date
Chapter 24 - Sexy Fun Times
Chapter 25 - Christmas Shopping
Chapter 26 - The Terrorists
Chapter 27 - Drive to Midvale
Chapter 28 - Midvale
Chapter 29 - Christmas Eve Part 1
Chapter 30 - Christmas Eve Part 2
Chapter 31 - Christmas Fair
Chapter 32 - Christmas Day Part 1
Chapter 33 - The News
Chapter 34 - Digging Dirt
Chapter 35 - Kara Meets the Lawyer
Chapter 36 - A New Year
Chapter 37 - Custody Petition
Chapter 38 - Stephen Andrews
Chapter 39 - Lori Finds Out
Chapter 40 - Morning Cuteness
Chapter 41 - Day with Lori
Chapter 42 - Court Date
Chapter 43 - Trial Preparations
Chapter 44 - Lawyer Meeting
Chapter 45 - Second Trial Prep
Chapter 46 - Trial Nerves
Chapter 47 - Trial Begins
Chapter 48 - Court Day 2
Chapter 49 - Kara on the Stand
Chapter 50 - Kara Questioned
Chapter 51 - The Investigation
Chapter 52 - Cat Testifies!
Chapter 53 - Finale Part 1
Chapter 54 - A Girl Called Lori

Chapter 18 - Roast Dinner

744 40 3
By RStoriesz

It is now the following day, the Sunday where Kara is hosting a family roast dinner at her apartment, with Lena, Alex, Kelly, Esme, Eliza, Lori and herself attending. Admittedly, a part of Kara does feel bad about not inviting J'onn, Nia and Brainy, but at the end of the day, Kara still feels it's very important to not overwhelm Lori, as the 7-year-old is going to be meeting 2 new people today, in Kelly and Esme, which she really hopes goes well. Kara, for her part, is very excited to meet Esme too, because she knows that Alex and Kelly must be extremely excited by the prospect of being able to adopt Esme, and call her their daughter. Kara just knows Esme is going to be the cutest girl in the entire world, obviously not including Lori.

Right now, Kara is just waking up, but not because she just naturally woke up. Kara is just waking up now, because she can feel Lori moving a bit in her arms, which signals to the blonde that Lori is awake now too. So, Kara slowly begins to open her eyes, and moves about a bit, and then sees Lori still laying with her, snuggled close to her, but looking up into her eyes.

"Morning." Kara smiles, looking into Lori's beautiful eyes, feeling so much love right now, "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah." Lori nods, and then snuggles further into Kara.

Kara chuckles.

"Do I make a good pillow?" Kara asks, with a smile.

"Yes. I like sleeping with you." Lori says.

"Well, I'm glad." Kara smiles, and then moves her head to place a kiss on the top of Lori's head.

Kara and Lori then continue to snuggle and relax in the bed for another 5 minutes, simply enjoying snuggling together like this. However, eventually Kara knows that they will both have to get up, because they need to prepare everything for the roast dinner this afternoon, and Kara knows that if she doesn't get up, Eliza will go about doing it herself, and Kara doesn't want that.

"Alright, Lori." Kara says, "We have to get up now."

"Owwww." Lori says, with a pout.

Kara's heart feels so good at Lori pouting like that, as she knows it's because Lori wants to continue to snuggle with her.

"I'm sorry, little one." Kara says, placing another kiss on the top of Lori's head, "But we have to get up now, as remember everyone is coming over for the roast dinner this afternoon, where you will be meeting Alex's girlfriend, Kelly, for the first time, and Kelly and Alex's potentially adopted daughter, Esme."

"Yes, okay." Lori replies, but in sad voice.

"Hey, why are you acting all sad? You want to see everyone, right?" Kara asks.

"Yes. I do." Lori replies, "I just.... I like sleeping and cuddling with you."

Kara now grows a very sympathetic look on her face.

"I'll tell you what..... we'll probably not have everything with your room ready today.... So..... maybe that means you'll have to sleep with me again tonight too." Kara says, "How does that sound?"

"YES!!!" Lori says, nodding her head eagerly.

Kara chuckles.

"Okay." Kara smiles, "But we can't do this every night. After tonight, you'll have to go back to sleep in your own bed, otherwise decorating your room was kind of pointless."

"I will. I promise, Kara." Lori says.

"Alright, good girl." Kara smiles, and this time leans down and places a kiss on one of Lori's cheeks, "Now, let's get up and go see what Eliza is up to."

"Okay." Lori replies.

Kara and Lori then get out of bed, with both of them making a trip to the bathroom before they leave the bedroom, and head into the living room/kitchen area, where they see Eliza sitting on one of the couches, drinking some coffee.

"Morning sweeties." Eliza smiles.

"Eliza!" Lori says, and goes running over to Eliza, quickly jumping on her and taking her in for a hug, causing the Danvers matriarch to spill some of her coffee.

"Oooooo... Lori...." Eliza says, in a slightly surprised voice.

"I'm sorry." Lori replies, quickly backing away.

"It's okay." Eliza says, with her face softening, "You just can't jump on people when they have hot drinks in their hands. I could have spilt this on you, and that would have been really bad."

"Yes. Okay. I'm sorry." Lori says.

"You said you're sorry already, you don't need to say it again." Eliza says with a smile, and places her drink down on the coffee table, "Now, come give me a big morning hug."

Lori doesn't need to be told twice, and quickly moves into Eliza's arms again, hugging the Danvers matriarch, with Eliza hugging the 7-year-old back.

"Did you have a nice sleep?" Eliza asks Lori.

"Yeah, I slept with Kara." Lori smiles.

"I know." Eliza smiles back, "Do you like sleeping with Kara?"

"Yeah. I like cuddling with her." Lori says.

Kara's heart literally melts upon hearing Lori say that, even though Lori has already said it to her a few moments ago.

"Well, that's good." Eliza smiles, "You know, Kara always loved hugging me after we adopted her too."

"Really?" Lori asks.

"Yeah." Eliza says, "It took her a while to gain the confidence to do it. But once she did, she never stopped."

"That's true." Kara says, with a smile, stepping into the living room now.

"Although your sister took a while to warm up to your hugs compared with me and Jeremiah." Eliza says.

Kara chuckles, recalling the times when she had first landed on Earth, after she was less afraid, where she wanted to hug Alex, but Alex wouldn't let her. Admittedly, most of the time was out in public, when Alex was just embarrassed by it.

"Yeah, it did." Kara nods, and then takes a seat on the couch next to Eliza and Lori, "Anyway, have you been up long?"

"I was up at 6, so I've been up a few hours now." Eliza explains.

"Why did you get up so early?" Lori asks, curiously.

"Oh, it's just something I do now I'm old. No matter what time I go to bed, I always wake up at 6, or there abouts." Eliza says.

"You're not old." Lori says.

Eliza chuckles, and smiles lovingly at Lori.

"Thank you, sweetie." Eliza says, "But seeing as I got up so early, I was able to be a little bit productive."

"Yeah?" Kara asks.

"Yep." Eliza nods, "I did the final few bits of painting in Lori's room. So, everything should be done now. Then after that, I've cut the potatoes and parsnips to roast for our dinner already."

"Oh, thank you, Eliza." Kara says, "But please don't feel like you have to do everything. I already told Lori this, but I made sure we just got up now so that we didn't lay in bed any longer, and then you'd just do all the cooking."

"Oh, it's no trouble at all, sweetie." Eliza says.

"Hmmm..... Well.... from now on I'm helping you." Kara says.

"Okay." Eliza smiles.

"Alright." Kara says, "It's 9:15, it'll be a little while yet before everyone starts getting here, so I think it's time for us to all have some nice breakfast. Have you had some already, Eliza?"

"No. I've just had a few coffees, and a banana." Eliza explains.

"Alright." Kara says, "I'll make us breakfast then."

Eliza chuckles.

"What are you going to make for breakfast? I've never known you to be one that's gifted in the cooking area of things." Eliza smiles.

"Well, there is one thing that I'm particularly gifted at making for breakfast, pancakes." Kara says, with a smile.

"PANCAKES!" Lori says, happily.

Kara then goes about making the pancakes for their breakfast, with Lori helping Kara, and even being allowed to flip one of the pancakes, which thankfully didn't end up on the floor, despite what Eliza may have predicted. After a few minutes, Kara was able to finish making all the pancakes, and the trio then sat down and had their lovely breakfast, all while they watched something on the TV.

Eventually Kara, Lori and Eliza finish their breakfast, and Kara decides that she and Lori should go and have their showers and get dressed, just in case anyone turns up early, which Kara thought that basically everyone might, even though she'd told Kelly and Alex to get here at 1, and Lena to arrive anytime she likes.

Kara and Lori then both go and have their showers, with Kara moving a bunch of Lori's clothes back into the 7-year-old's room, and placing them on her bed. About 10 minutes later, Kara comes out of her bedroom, wearing a nice dress, but not one that is too fancy. After all, this isn't a fancy occasion, just a nice gathering of the family to have a roast dinner with, which Lena now is very much a part of, even though she and Kara aren't technically dating yet.

"Where's Lori?" Kara asks, as she walks back out into the living room, where Eliza is sitting, reading a magazine.

"She hasn't come out of her bedroom yet. I guess she's still getting ready." Eliza says.

"Right." Kara nods, "I better go check on her."

"Okay." Eliza smiles.

Kara heads back down the hallway, and soon arrives outside Lori's bedroom door. Kara then gently knocks on Lori's door, not wanting to be the type of parent who just barges into their child's room without knocking.

"Lori? Can I come in?" Kara asks.

"Yes." Lori replies.

Kara walks into the bedroom, and that is when she sees Lori still not dressed, with a towel wrapped around her, looking at a bunch of clothes laid out on her bed, with a thoughtful look on her face.

"Is everything okay, Lori?" Kara asks.

"I don't know what to wear." Lori says, with a little huff.

Kara chuckles, amused by the situation.

"Well, let's see what we've got to work with." Kara smiles.

Kara then has a look through all of Lori's clothes, and while she does this, she actually starts to feel bad, as she realises that Lori really does have a lack of smart-casual clothes. In fact, she doesn't have much variety of clothes anyway.

"Alright." Kara says, "How about you wear this dress?"

"Don't I need to wear something nicer?" Lori asks.

"No. This will be fine, Lori." Kara says, with a warm smile, "But, I promise that next weekend, or maybe one day after school this week, we'll go clothes shopping, and get you a bunch of new clothes."

"Yes. I'd like that." Lori says, with a nod of her head.

"Good." Kara smiles, "Now, you get changed, and once you're done you can come out into the kitchen, and help me and Eliza make the roast."

"Okay." Lori says, now with a smile on her face.

Kara then leaves the bedroom, and heads back into the kitchen/living room area, where she and Eliza continue to prepare their roast dinner, cutting up some more of the vegetables, and putting them in saucepans to be boiled later. A few moments after Kara and Eliza begin to do this, Lori comes out of her bedroom, dressed in her dress, and then proceeds to help the mother and adopted daughter, with the two adults mostly just having Lori put the cut up vegetables into the correct saucepans.

About 20 minutes later, Kara, Lori and Eliza finish all the preparations that they can do, before they actually start cooking the roast. Right now, it is just after 11, and seeing as they are having roast beef, with the plan to eat at around 2, they know they won't have to start cooking the beef until just before 1.

"Alright, I think we have done everything we can do." Kara says.

"Yeah. Not much else we can do until we actually start cooking, and we shouldn't start cooking for another hour or so." Eliza says.

"Yeah, so, Lori, why don't you go put on a movie or something to watch?" Kara suggests.

"Can I choose anything?" Lori asks.

"Yeah." Kara nods, with a smile, "But keep in mind that we probably won't be able to finish watching the movie before people get here."

"Okay." Lori says, and jumps off the stool that she was standing on so she could look over the kitchen counter.

"Lori, you should probably go wash your hands first." Eliza says.

"Okay." Lori replies, and goes running down the hallway, heading for the bathroom.

Just after Lori does this, Kara's phone buzzes.

Lena (to Kara): I know you said I could come over whenever.... Can I come over now?

Lena: I know it's a bit early, but I've got nothing else to do at the moment, so I'm just sitting here.

Kara (to Lena): Of course you can come over now Lee.

Kara: When I said you could come over whenever you want to, I meant it.

Kara: You could have come over at 6AM and I would have been fine with it.

Kara: Although that early the only person who would have been awake to talk to you would be Eliza.

Lena: Thank you Kara. <3

Lena: I'll be over in about 15 minutes.

Kara: See you soon. <3

*************************

It is now an hour and a bit later, and over the last hour, Lena arrived at Kara and Lori's home, much to the 7-year-old's delight, and has spent time last 60 minutes talking with Kara, Eliza and Lori, all while the 7-year-old sits basically in Lena's lap. Kara knows that some parents might be jealous of their daughter, or foster daughter, being so affectionate with another person, and admittedly previously Kara has been jealous of Lori and Lena's relationship, but right now Kara is just happy for Lori and Lena. Kara already knows that Lori loves hugging and snuggling with her, which has been proven by their sleeping arrangement this morning, and the previous night, so she is not jealous of Lena at all. Kara knows that Lori has enough room in her big heart for both herself and Lena to be part of it.

Eventually the time arrives where Eliza suggests that they put the roast beef in the oven, so that everything can be cooked and ready for 2PM. Once Eliza suggests this, Kara agrees, and then she and her adoptive mom head into the kitchen to begin cooking everything, with Lori and Lena remaining in the living room, sitting next to each other, chatting with smiles on their faces.

"Let's put the beef in." Eliza says.

Kara nods her head, and then takes the tray the beef is in, and puts it in the oven, with Eliza setting the correct timer and temperature, having heated the oven a few minutes ago.

"You know.... don't think I haven't noticed the way you and Lena have been looking at one another." Eliza comments.

"What?" Kara says, surprised.

Eliza chuckles.

"Has something happened between you two?" Eliza asks, "I can't help but notice the loving looks and glances that the two of you have constantly been giving one another, and I'm sure Lori has noticed too."

Kara now bites her lip slightly at Eliza saying that, this being a bit of an awkward situation.

"Well... uhhh..... Lena and I..... we have sort of..... expressed feelings to each other.... kissed a few times..... and agreed to go on a date." Kara explains.

"That's wonderful, sweetie." Eliza smiles widely, "I'm happy for you. I've always had a feeling that Lena is more than just a friend, or best friend, to you."

"Yeah.... maybe deep down I've always known that too." Kara admits, with a nod of her head.

"You said you'd agreed to go on a date? Have you not set a time to do it yet?" Eliza asks.

"Well, with everything that's happened with Lori, we haven't had a chance to do it yet. We thought that it would be for the best to have Lori get settled first, before arranging our date." Kara explains, "In fact, that's actually what this week has kind of been about. I've slowly been introducing Lori to everyone, so that when Lena and I do go on a date, and hopefully future dates, Lori will be comfortable to be looked after by someone. So, she's met Alex, Nia and you, and today she's meeting Kelly, and of course Esme."

"Oh, well, that's understandable, I guess, but does Lori know about the two of you?" Eliza asks.

Kara chuckles.

"Yes, she does. In fact, she's like our biggest fan, along with Nia. She has been very excited about the prospect of Lena and I dating." Kara explains.

"Well, like I said, I'm happy for you, Kara. You deserve to be with someone who knows you for you, and looks at you with the amount of love that Lena looks at you." Eliza says.

"Thanks, Eliza." Kara replies, slightly blushing.

After this, Kara, Eliza and Lena go back and forth between the living room and kitchen, checking on things for their roast dinner, and putting other foods in the oven to begin cooking. Of course, Eliza and Kara both insisted that Lena didn't need to help them, but there's just no arguing with the Luthor CEO.

About 20 minutes later, there is a knock at Kara's apartment door, and she knows that means that Kelly, Alex and Esme have arrived.

"That must be Alex, Kelly and Esme." Kara says, with a smile, heading towards her door, with Lori following her closely behind, while Lena and Eliza remain in the kitchen.

Kara opens the door, and that is when she sees Alex and Kelly, both with big smiles on their faces, with a 6-year-old girl standing between them, holding onto Kelly's hand, all the while having a slightly nervous look on her face. Alex, meanwhile, is holding 2 bottles of wine, one in each of her hands, which Kara thinks is pretty typical of her sister.

"Hey guys!" Kara smiles, widely.

"Hey, Kara." Kelly says.

"Hey sis." Alex says at the same time as Kelly.

Kara then looks at Esme, offering her a warm smile.

"You must be Esme, it's nice to meet you." Kara says, holding out her hand for Esme to take.

"Hello." Esme says, as she shakes Kara's hand.

"Esme, like I mentioned, this is my sister, Kara." Alex says, introducing her sister.

Esme then looks between Kara and Alex, back and forth, with a confused look on her face.

"You don't look alike." Esme comments.

Kara and Alex both chuckle upon hearing that.

"That's because I was adopted by Alex's mom, Eliza." Kara says, "So we aren't actually related, but Alex IS my sister."

"Oh, okay." Esme nods.

"Anyway, Esme, there is someone here I would like you to meet." Kara says, as she steps to the side, allowing Esme a better view of Lori, "Esme, this is my foster daughter, Lori. Lori's a year older than you. And Lori, this is Esme."

"Hello." Lori says, shyly.

"Hello." Esme says back, "I like your dress."

"Thank you." Lori replies, with a smile, "I like your bracelet."

Esme now smiles back at Lori.

"It's my friendship bracelet with Kelly." Esme says, moving her wrist to give Lori a better view.

Lori looks at Esme's friendship bracelet for a few moments, before then turning to look at Kelly, who she is now meeting for the first time.

"Lori, this is Kelly, Alex's girlfriend." Kara says.

"Hello, Lori. It's very nice to meet you. I have heard many good things about you from Alex, Nia, Kara and Lena." Kelly says, smiling widely.

"Hello...." Lori says, shyly.

There is then a moment silence between everyone.

"Okay. How about we all come inside now?" Kara suggests, "Esme, I'm sure you'd like to meet the two other people here, Lena, my best friend, and Eliza, Alex and I's mom."

Esme simply nods her head, and then Kara guides Esme, Alex and Kelly into her apartment and towards the kitchen area, where Lena and Eliza still are.

"Kara, I have to say, I really love how your home looks now." Kelly says, with a smile.

"Thanks, but Lena's the one that has to take the credit." Kara replies.

The group then all arrive in the kitchen.

"Hello, you must be Esme." Eliza smiles, "I'm Eliza, Alex and Kara's mom. It's lovely to meet you sweetie."

"Hello..." Esme says, with a teethy smile, clearly still being nervous.

"And my name is Lena. Kara, Alex and Kelly's friend." Lena says, crouching down to Lori's height.

"You're very pretty." Esme says to Lena.

Lena lets out a little chuckle at Esme saying that to her.

"Why, thank you. I think you're very pretty too." Lena replies, with a big smile.

"Okay. Now we have got all the introduction out of the way, what would everyone like to drink?" Kara asks, with a smile.

After this, Kara and Lena get everyone their drinks, with the adults mostly drinking wine, while Lori and Esme decide to drink some apple juice.

"Lori, our dinner is probably not going to be ready for another 30 minutes yet. How about you go take Esme into your bedroom to play?" Kara suggests.

"Yes. Okay." Lori nods, "Come on, Esme. I'll show you my new room! And the new colour we painted it."

"Okay." Esme smiles.

Lori and Esme then leave the main living room area, and head into Kara's room, leaving all the adults alone to talk.

"So, how have things been going with Esme?" Kara asks Kelly and Alex.

"Okay." Kelly nods, "Esme is in a very unique situation, as she's an alien. But we hope that after today, if Esme is still okay with it, then we will be approved to adopted her."

"That's amazing!" Kara smiles, widely.

"Yeah... well... it won't happen right away." Alex quickly says, awkwardly, "If things go well today.... then it's just basically starting the process..... The next step will be Esme officially becoming our foster daughter, like Lori is to you.... so she'll be able to live with us.... then we can adopt her."

"Well, that sounds absolutely wonderful." Eliza says with a big smile, "I know that you both will give Esme a wonderful loving home."

"Thank you, Eliza." Kelly smiles.

"I honestly can't believe that within the space of two weeks both of my daughters are becoming parents." Eliza says.

Alex and Kara both blush upon Eliza saying that.

*********************

It is now about 30 minutes later, and everyone is currently sitting up at Kara's kitchen table, about to dig into their lovely roast dinner that Eliza and Kara have cooked. For the seating arrangements, Kara and Lena are sitting next to one another, with Kara at the head of the table, and Lena to her left. Lori is sitting to the right of Kara, and across from Lena, with Esme sitting to Lori's right. Alex is then sitting next to Esme, with Kelly opposite her, with the seating arrangement being finished off by Eliza sitting right at the other end of the table.

"This looks delicious, Eliza." Lena says, looking at the food being plated onto her plate.

"Hey! I helped too!" Kara pouts.

Lena turns and looks at Kara and chuckles.

"Darling, you and I both know that no matter how much you 'helped', Eliza was the one that did most of the work." Lena says.

"No. I did help." Kara says, continuing to pout.

Lena simply chuckles, and then leans closer to Kara, and places a kiss on her cheek, which causes Kara to finally lose the pout on her face.

"Alright. Let's dig in, everyone." Eliza says, "Happy Sunday."

"Happy Sunday." Kelly says, with a smile.

The group all then dig into their lovely roast dinner, with them all very much enjoying the delicious food, including both of the children. Interestingly though, even though Lori and Esme are 7 and 6-years-old respectively, the two kids have vastly different eating styles. Lori, for her part, is a very messy eater, and gets a bunch of gravy all around her mouth, while Esme is a very precise eater, using her knife and fork elegantly and skilfully.

Eventually, the group finish their dinner, with them all complimenting Eliza, and even Kara, about how much they enjoyed it. After this, they move back into the living room, where they chat again for a little while. However, eventually, as the time hits 4PM, Eliza makes the announcement that she needs to leave, as she needs to drive back to Midvale, and doesn't want to get home too late, as she has work in the morning.

"You're leaving?" Lori asks Eliza, with a sad look on her face.

"Yes." Eliza replies, with a sympathetic look, "But you don't have to be sad. We will definitely see each other again, very soon. I'll even call you, if you'd like."

"Yes. I would like that." Lori says, with a nod of her head.

"Okay then." Eliza smiles, "Now come here."

Eliza then takes Lori in for another big hug, which the 7-year-old seems to very much savour. After this, once the hug ends, the Danvers matriarch says goodbye to everyone else, before leaving for the day.

****************************

If you would like to see some of my other content, check out these links: https://linktr.ee/Rstories

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.2K 1.2K 51
Post season 5. Kara and Lena's friendship is renewed once more, but this time with no secrets between them it turns into something more. Kara and Len...
74.2K 1.5K 19
When Kara is captured by CADMAS, its up to Lena Luther to find out her secret and save her before its too late (Supercorp (LenaxKara) fanfiction) (Co...
46.8K 1.4K 47
Kara has finally revealed to the world that she is Supergirl. She was becoming more of herself not the ones being divided by Kara Danvers and Supergi...
186K 5.8K 16
After a late night visit to LCorp Kara-as Supergirl- ends up spending the night with Lena. Lena finds out that Supergirl has a habit of talking in he...