Let me love you

By zkooby

Thalia Kennedy is a positive ball of sunshine, she likes dirty jokes and smiling whenever. When she meets a m... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60

12

31.8K 1K 413
By zkooby

"Are you sure we're allowed to be inside?" Lola asks as we stand in front of Heaths house.

"Yeah, totally." I say, that being a teeny tiny lie. I look up at the tall gated fence surrounding the house.

"Then why do we have to sneak in?" She asks, following me around the corner.

"We're not sneaking in, we're just trying to get in without him knowing." I explain, that's like the same thing isn't it.

"Think of it like we're surprising him" I say trying to climb this fence.

He'll be surprised alright.

"Give me a boost will ya?" She crouches down and helps me get a hold onto the top of the fence.

"Lola?" I say, shutting my eyes.

"Yeah?" She looks up at me but she can't see my face.

"I'm scared of heights" I admit and open one eye.

"It's okay, just don't look down." She says as if it's that easy.

Don't look down, don't look down.

I looked down.

"I looked down, sorry I'm scared." I grab tightly onto the top of the fence and slightly feeling myself slipping.

"Don't worry, I'm coming" I hear her say and I'm in shock.

"What? Why would you be coming at a time like this- oh you meant that coming, got it." I'm embarrassed, when I see what she meant she's trying to get over the fence.

"Alright now I'm gonna climb to the other side and you try to climb down, I'll catch you." She tells me her plan and I'm sorta listening.

Even though I'm internally busy praying that I don't fall and break a leg. It's happened before, believe me.

"Okay, now slowly start making your way down." She says once she's on her feet, she holds her arms out for me in case I fall.

"Okay, here I come!" I whisper shout. And let out a small laugh when I notice how bad that sounds.

"Oh. This isn't so bad-woah" My hands slipped and I tried to hold on but my hands were really sweaty.

"Oh my god, Thalia. Are you okay?" Lola says from above me, just watching me on the floor as I barely stay conscious.

Just kidding, I'm fine just a broken spine, that's all.

"You said you would catch me" I groan and rub my back, as I go to stand up.

"I was but you just fell too fast...sorry." She pursed her lips, and dusts off any dirt on me.

"It's fine. The hard parts over, now we can just get inside." I sigh and turn around to the house.

There was a really pretty garden surrounding the house, beautiful plants and flowers everywhere. It was surprising someone like Heath lived here. Ooh, I think I saw a lemon tree too, that's fancy.

"Uh Thalia?" I hear Lola say and I turn around.

"Yeah?" I ask, she turns around towards a small gated door and swings it open.

"It was open the whole time." She bites her lip.

"Yeah... I know. Climbing was just more fun." I explain and she nods.

I did not know.

But she doesn't know that so whateves. She follows me as I lead the way to the back of the house. Let's hope one of these doors are open.

"You're not gonna make us break open a window because it's more fun, are you?" She mocks from behind me.

"If that's what it takes Lola, then sure. I suggest checking the doors first though" I think I learned my lesson by now.

I sneaked my way over to the patio and try opening the door but it was locked. Except for the doggie door....

"Don't even think about it, I can't fit In there." Lola says almost as if she knew what I was thinking.

"Well obviously, I can't either" I tell her shaking my head.

"I was just saying cause you were like zoning out as you stared intensely at the doggie door" she crossed her arms and I look at her.

"I wasn't staring intensely, I just peeked at it for like one second, that's not-"

Out of nowhere the sudden loud barking of a dog was heard making Lola and I scream and jump. I run behind her, using her as my own personal shield from the dog.

The dog stops barking when he gets to Lola and starts sniffing her. I look up and see a very upset Heath.

"I thought you said you lived alone?!?" I say, watching the big dog as it circled us.

"what the fuck are you doing here?" He asks, coming over to grab his dog by the collar.

"Uhm Is this not the mall?.." I look around trying to play it off but I don't think he buys it.

He's about to say something when a voice speaks up first.

"I got the gun, you asked for- oh" a guy with more tattoos than I could count, a slight stubble on his face and a buzzcut appears behind Heath.

And he's holding a gun, forgot about that. It's a good thing we weren't intruders because we could've gotten hurt.

"I didn't know you actually booked the hookers, I was joking about that." The stranger says, looking Lola and I up and down.

"Uhhhhh.... excuse you?" I'm confused. I look over at Lola and she looks at me.

"Get inside" Heath says in an ordering tone as he stares directly at me. His pit bull was starting to go all nutz again barking at us as we walked past him.

"You do actually know him right? We didn't just break into some strangers house?" Lola asks as we walk into the house.

"Would I put you in a dangerous situation like breaking into a randoms house?" I raise a brow and she hesitated to answer.

"I hope not.." she whispers and I try not to take offense to that.

I'll let that slide...

Heath and his buddy come inside after they're done talking and he makes sure to leave his dog outside. Lola and I were seated on his couch, I sat on the very edge because it wasn't my house.

"Lovely house, by the way... it's very nice.." I try making some conversation, hoping that he wouldn't be too upset with me just showing up.

His house was surprisingly pretty well organized and clean, it had only a pinch of color in the inside but you wouldn't be able to tell from the outside since the yard was vibrant with colors.
His house was huge.

Just like

"Anyway, I told you I would show up. You shouldn't take my threats lightly, Heath..." I cross my legs and try to remember his last name.

Come to think of it, he never did tell me his last name. Or much of anything for that matter, I guess I should let him talk more.

"What's your last name?" I ask, he opens his mouth slightly but gets interrupted.

"It's Heath Benjamin Jackson" his friends smirks as he answers my question. Heath glares at him for telling me.

"Hm, thats adorable." I exclaim and look at his friend who holds back a laugh.

"I'm Duke, do I get called adorable too?" He mocks and Heath nudges him pretty hard.

"I'm Thalia and this is my friend, Lola. " I point to her and she waves.

"She's happily married so.. she's off the market" I quickly say so that neither of them could make a move towards her.

I'm really committed to having them be a couple forever so if I have to lie to protect their relationship, I will. I will see them married and have a beach wedding.

"What about you?" Duke asks, his piercing green eyes looking at me.

"Me? What about you?" I bring the attention towards him so that I can switch the focus on myself.

"Depends who's asking, for you though, I'm single as fuck." He says very bluntly and Lola snorts a laugh from right next to me.

"Ok, shut the fuck up." Heath finally says something and makes Duke go check on the dog.

"No offense but I didn't think you had friends. I didn't know other people would choose to hang out with you besides me." I swing my legs, now sitting all the way back on the very comfy couch.

"I don't have time for this shit." He shakes his head and walks into a different room.

I stand up to go after him, before going I make sure Lola's okay. Then I follow him into a very fancy looking kitchen.

I suddenly remember my threat to eat all his food and I plan on fulfilling that threat.

"So, Heath Benjamin Jackson. Remember when you told me to shut up? Why don't you say it to my face." I try to sound all big and scary like they do in those school fighting videos but I don't think I have it in me.

He ignores me and goes into his fridge taking out a beer. His bare arms were on display from the sleeveless white shirt he wore, showing off some of the tattoos that he had. He downed the beer in one chug and I cringe.

"Did you do those tattoos yourself?" I suddenly ask, remembering how I wanted to ask that before.

He puts the beer down on the counter and looks down at his arm.

"Some" He answers and I'm proud of him for actually making an effort this time. Even though it's still a one word answer.

"I like this one.." I approach him and stand besides him as I point directly to the sunflower tattoo on his right arm.

He tenses but it was quickly gone, even though I wasn't directly looking at him I could feel him staring down at me as I stood so close to him.

"Your fucking dogs fine, he just likes the fucking attention" Duke says coming into the kitchen. I slightly move away from him and lean on the counter behind me.

Heath chugs his beer once again and I try lifting myself up to sit on the counter, seeing me struggle Duke comes over and puts his hands on my waist, lifting me up on the counter.

"There you go" He taps my leg and I glance at Heath to see him already staring over here, his glare follows Duke once he's away from me.

"Do you have food? I'm hungry" I blurt out and Heath finally unclenches his jaw to answer me.

"Obviously it's a fucking kitchen, check the fridge " He gestures to the modern black fridge and I jump down the counter right away.

Someone's catching an attitude.

I peek my head into the fridge and let my eyes scan around. Ah, now this is what I call a healthy life style, not what my dad has stored in our fridge.

I take out a bowl of red flavored jello and some leftover pizza I managed to find.

I put the pizza in the microwave and take off the Saran wrap from the bowl. I look up to see both Heath and Duke staring at me.

"What? You said I could have some" I shrug, he didn't necessarily say I could have some but whatever. I scoop Some out and eat some of the jello with my fingers.

"I should not be turned on right now." I hear Duke say and then grunt sending a glare at a mad Heath.

"Thanks, I hear that a lot." I blurt out even though I do not hear that a lot, not even once.

"I'm sure you do" Duke said, he's leaning over the counter just watching me.

"That's mine." Heath comes over and drags the bowl away from me and I try to reach back for it but it's no use.

"But.." I look at the bowl.

The microwave stops and I furrow my brows, turning to grab it. The pizza is hot but I still bite into it.

"Thalia?" I hear Lola call out probably trying to find me.

"I'm in the kitchen!" I shout with food in my mouth.

"What?" She shouts back and I try to chew faster.

"I'm in the kicfhen" I said again.

"You're in what?" She asks and I groan.

She finally walks in and we all stare at her.

"Oh, you're in the kitchen. Ooh, pizza" her eyes bright up as she see the food and grabs my slice.

"That's mine-" I said but it was too late.

"Actually, that was mine but I'm not gonna be an asshole and take it away from you." Duke says, looking at Heath, who was still holding on tight to his bowl of jello.

"Pleaseeee, can I have some." I ask, trying to look as innocent as possible.

He rolls his eyes and slides over the bowl, I smile and go stick my finger again. Into the jello, not something else...

"No, Get a spoon." Heath says and he tells me where they are.

"See? Isn't this a nice friendly gathering?" I smile at Heath who looks like he's the last person having fun.

"Definitely is, I'm glad I came here after all." Duke said, getting a spoon and trying to get some jello all of a sudden.

"I didn't say you could fucking get some." Heath strides over to stop Duke.

"Oh but you let her get some? You only said yes because you want to f-" Heath stops him and hits the back of his head.

"Ow, okay fine. Fuck, man." He rubs the back of his head.

Lola and I laugh, and I almost halfway fulfilled my threat to eat all his food because I couldn't fit anything more. Anymore food, not something else...

Anyway, that'll be my excuse for coming here more often. I made a threat to eat all his food and I plan on making that happen.

—————————————————————

A/N

Finally some more moments with just the two of them. More to come

Thanks for reading 💕

7/7/22

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 742 38
"Were you scared?" she asked as our foreheads collided together. I shook my head no. I have to act brave and masculine, right? "No. You're lying," s...
2.5M 102K 52
"You look good wearing my last name." My jaw slacks open and the bell rings then, him smiling a lopsided grin before grabbing his bag and strutting o...
383K 8.9K 42
[ONGOING] "What would you do if I die?" "Die." "Oh you would die?" I mumble and he nods giving me a small smile. "What would you do if I die?" He...
1.2M 32.6K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...