Why Can't It Be The Two Of Us...

By ryujinie_qt17

It's always the one falls first and the other fell harder. But what if I did both? . . . I'm sorry I loved yo... More

I: Oh Sorry, Hi Lady!
II: Maybe, She's Cute
III: Something More Than Sorry.
IV: Obvious But Stay Hidden.
V: Want To Be Friends(?)
VI: Help From A Friend.
VII: Simple Turns Out Meaningful.
VIII: Yes, You Do Have.
X: Wish You Were Sober
XI: Think, No I Fell.
XII: How It Will Happen?
XIII: I'm Honestly (Not) Fine
XIV: This May Be Enough.
XV: My Kind Of Vacation
XVI: Hope This Will Stay.
XVII: Secretly Love, Confusing Act.
XVIII: Near Yet Too Far.
XIX: Hate To Admit, Maybe.
XX: As We Play Along
XXI:Something Is Definitely Changing
XXII: I Feel Perfectly Fine
XXIII: Can I Be Him?
XXIV: Handle Me With Care
XXV: You Are My Valentine
XXVI: Us, Atleast For Tonight.
XXVII: Excellent Job At Hiding.
XXVIII: Specially Made For You.
XXIX: As It Should Be.
XXX: Assuming Is In Denial.
XXXI: Need A Little Help.
XXXII: What A Perfect Confession.
XXXIII: Tears Left To Dry.
XXXIV: Then So Be It
XXXV: Just Please Stay Away.
XXXVI: You, More Than Me.
XXXVII: This Life Without You.
XXXVIII: Too Much To Handle.
XXXIX: On Your Wedding Day.
XXXX: My Only, My You
THANK YOU NOTE.
KINDA NEW STORY!!

IX: Just Wanted To Sleep.

450 26 28
By ryujinie_qt17

3rd POV

After that little moment leaving the whiskered still in daze, the others congratulated the brunette for her development in ranking. She didn't placed that high but the improvement is one that should be celebrated.

The maknae, behaving as usual, wished to eat with her group and with the overwhelmed feeling of the brunette in receiving such help from them, she announced to pay for their incoming receipt.... Which will surely be a pain in the wallet.

With the evident excitement of the three, they cling their arms and walked ahead, leaving the two in an unknown atmosphere.

Until the brunette tugged the other's sleeve, nudging her to follow the others. It didn't take long for the shorter to understand and then take a hold on the other's wrist, following their friends behind.

For the next days or weeks their school life continued but maybe, being a more responsible student who avoids sneaking out. There's like an unmentioned agreement in their circle of friends that they'll focus more on helping their friend than playing around and being chased by the guards.

Before their semester ends, it was announced that there'll be a school program. It's like giving the students time to enjoy and be free from school works but after... They'll face the final examination. Sure, they'll truly enjoy that given 'free' time.

They were allowed to wear their casual clothing which is one of the things that made some delighted but most.. prefers to spend their time outside the school.

And Ryujin's group belong to those who wants to leave the place and just stay on one's home instead of wasting their time here. They usually don't attend these kind of events but they came to support their friend, Soobin. He's competing against the other class, and also his basketball team mate, Yeonjun. So maybe there won't be any seriousness involved between them in this game and will just fool around.

It was the start of the game when Ryujin found her friends already sitting on the upper bleacher, holding their balloons in support for Soobin's team.

She went to school way earlier to assist and finalize some decorations and also to be informed on her duties as the school paper's photographer. And her club mate is tasked to take pictures for the time being, so she got time to spend with her friends.

Meaning, she and the brunette didn't meet since the morning. She's tired but as she saw the other in those lovely casual fit, it looks like she could do more task than she have already done.

But as she walked upstairs towards their seat, those expressions faded noticing how exposed the brunette's legs are with those skirt, looking from lower bleachers and that made her somewhat uneasy.

Her friends noticed her presence and cheerfully greeted her, signing her to come up and sit beside them. Which she did and sat next to the brunette, being handed with the same balloon before they continued on cheering.

The thought soon got pushed behind when the game went intense and each teams were just taking turns on scoring points.

Until when they were just joining the hype of their other schoolmates, the whiskered caught someone glancing from the lower bleacher.

Her fit is absolutely lovely but not looked as it is by others.

She can't just point it out and put the brunette in an awkward situation, so she just slide it for the first time.

But everytime someone will look up and move from their seat on the lower bleacher, ryujin will act weirdly and give them the most intense glare until they finally look back in their fronts, even though they're not looking at the brunette who's oblivious of what's happening and were just enjoying the game.

Ryujin seems a bit, no, a lot more uncomfortable. Not because of anything about ber but the person beside, so she came up with an idea. It's not the greatest but it'll do.

She got enough of it and suddenly acted impulsively. Standing in front of yeji that surprised her friends. Then she plopped herself down, crossing her legs as she sit on the floor. Yeji looked at her confused but she just smiled before handing her balloon to yuna and then tiliting her head sideways and rest it on yeji's lap. "The game just made me sleepy... Let me for a moment" she said and closed her eyes.

Yeji gently patted Ryujin's head looking at yuna and chaer for any explanation but both just shrugged. They just let her be and continued watching the game, the two freely moving and cheering soobin everytime he score a point while the brunette can't seem to move as she cared for the sleeping person on her lap.

Unknown to them how the whiskered secretly formed a smile, enjoying the feeling of being patted by the other as well as protecting her from the eyes of others.

But it soon turned to frown when she heard her friends talk.

"Yah Yeji unnie, you keep on looking that way. Soobin is on the other side" Chaer pointed on both sides with the balloon she's holding.

"Ooohhh Yeji unnie might be eyeing someone look.... She keeps on smiling" Yuna teased.

"No, no one. Oh Soobin scored again" Yeji then pointed on the game, avoiding the teasings.

Obviously, she can't stop herself from smiling... While watching the game.

The other two just keep on glancing and talking with their eyes as the game goes on. Then the whiskered moved a bit from her seat, maybe to more 'comfortable' on taking a nap that surely caught the brunette's attention and continued on caressing her head.

After a while, it looks like the game ended and from the shouts and cheers of her friends, it seems like they won.

Ryujin was then being woken up by yeji but still choose not to move, but when a club authority was heard looking for her, she quickly stand up and went to that person. Again, shocking her friends for her sudden action.

Before she took turns with her club mate, she asked to take back her bag that has other needed equipments for her camera that was also borrowed by the other.

She quickly placed her bag on Yeji's lap before leaving her friends to fulfill her duty for the day.

Going down on the court, she congratulated Soobin leading his team to victory. Then she asked to take photos of the whole group before he pulled Yeonjun with him.

Ryujin's face couldn't be painted while she took their photo but as it was her duty, she can't just say no.

After, she talked to her club mate and discussed few photos to feature in their school paper, then she went to look for her friends although they might have eaten as it's already past lunch. Coming back to the gym with only yeji on sight.

RYUJIN's POV

"Hey, where are they? Have you eaten?" I asked and take a sit beside her. Seeing that my bag is still placed on her lap.

"They're eating and... I-- I thought you'll be eating alone so I kind of waited for you" she looked at me with those smiles.

Now I'm asking myself if I could still handle seeing those smiles. 'I'm scared for this to develop'.

"Come on then" I wore my bag on my shoulder before pulling her wrist and leading our way.

As I glance at her, she looks confused but still don't ask and maybe trusting me to where we'll go, which is enough to make me again... The happiest.

She never failed me to be.

Until we reached the rooftop that only her have visited, well except for me ofcourse.

"Sorry, I only packed for one today. I thought I won't be able to join you cause I got busy" I said as we take a sit and I brought out my lunch box, placing it in between us. "How about breakfast? I didn't came this morning so you probably.... Yah did you eat?". I remembered that she mentioned she don't eat breakfast when I haven't started on cooking for us.

Instead of an answer, she lowered her head and slightly shook it that made me sigh. So I handed her the spoon as I hold the fork, and start to dig in.

"Eat up or I'll eat it all" I said when she's still not moving.

"It's yours... You need to eat since you've been busy all day" she responded and handing me back the spoon.

"We ahm... We're given snacks earlier so I'm not that hungry. So eat now" I lief and took the spoon, scooping on my food, then placing it in front of her mouth. "And I bet you're hungry".

"I am but--" I took that chance to put make her take a bite and leaved the spoon on her mouth. But she continued to speak that I don't really understand.

"Yeah.. yeah" I just nodded like I'm listening. But internally celebrated when she started to eat.

Noticing that she's already enjoying the food, I placed down my fork and rubbed my belly. "Ha... I feel like my stomach will explode".

"Looks like the school provided enough foods for their hard working students" she mumbled while finishing the food.

'yeah. Right' I thought and drank my water, placing it beside her after. Then I stand up, walking to take pictures of the students busy on trying different boots and stalls.

After capturing a few from the rooftop, I turned back and checks the photos.

I almost drop my precious camera when I glanced at her, smiling so bright as she stares at me. "You look great while taking pics... Photography suits you".

I cough and acted all cool just to hide the blush creeping in. "I know".

Then I busied myself on taking photos of her when I saw that she's not looking at me. Candid Shots are the best for me... It's perfect even when she's my subject.

"Hey.." she looked up as I walked closer and she got shy as she noticed me taking pictures of her. "Stop that".

I chuckled and hid the camera in my bag before laying beside her. The sunlight made me a bit uncomfortable so I moved closer to her, maybe she thought I planned to rest my head ok her thigh so she did it herself and now her shadow protects me from the sunlight.

Then our eyes met, smiles are wide before I closed my eyes feeling the moment.

With the serene environment, I didn't noticed that I had taken a nap.

Until I woke up. But instead of being met with her face, I only saw a palm that was just right above my face.

I took and lowered it but not removing at all.

"Oh, you're awake" she smiled as she looked down on me. "Sleep for some more".

I didn't complained or go against with it and rest her palm on my eyes before crossing my arms on my chest.

Then I sighed in content. This thing, even though as a friend alone makes me feel things and happier, full even inside.

But... What they have talked about during the game suddenly popped in my mind and made me feel upset about it. I shouldn't be but... Maybe I could as a friend... Just a caring one.

"Yeji.. can I ask you something?" I'll just give it a try.

She hummed and was about to remove her hand but I placed my hand over it.

"No no it's nothing. It's just ahm..." Would it make things awkward?

"Yah, I heard you're not focusing on cheering Soobin and was eyeing someone on the game. Who is it?" I sat up and nudge her side. Keeping myself smiling while deep inside, I'm trembling as hell.

"No, I'm not" she denied but the blush tells otherwise. So I let out a chuckle just to ease this feeling that's building up in me.

I stared at her and observe her still smiling face. 'I won't be able to do anything when the time comes that you fall to someone else'.

With that, I stand up and grabbed my bag. Trying to hide my fake smile as I walk ahead and leave her behind.

"Come on, they might be looking for us" I shouted, not glancing back at her.
___________________________________________________________
Have you experienced having some sort of special feelings towards a friend? I do, a couple of times and we're just cool about it. Making fun and mentioning it as a joke but I got over them.

Share your thoughts 💭💭💭

Not proofread.

Thanks for reading and kindly vote and follow for more stories!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 697 27
~•COMPLETED•~ When you choose, make sure that your ready to fight the circumstances. But also make sure that your with someone that is ready to fight...
11.5K 642 38
continuation of regret • ryeji😁 p.s. if you haven't seen book 1, check it out so you'll have an idea of how this one goes
205K 8.9K 38
❝ 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨.❞ A typical love story you might say. But what if this 'typical' turned out to have not just o...
46.7K 1.8K 55
her, it's always been her. Shin Ryujin. Hwang Yeji worked at a small cafe shop near at her house. Shin Ryujin was a successful soloist in an industry...