The Billionaire's Bride

By _Alviva_

" If I know what love is, It's because of you! " ❤ ----------------- " Will You be my bride? " I was astound... More

Introduction
Part 1 | Runaway Bride
Part 2 | Goons And Fight
Part 3 | His Proposal
Part 4 | Miss To Mrs
Part 5 | They Think What!?
Part 6 | Meeting His Parents
Part 7 | A Terrace Talk
Part 8 | Just Friends
Part 9 | What is He Hiding?
Part 10 | Apology
Part 11 | Nightmares
Part 12 | Birthday Surprise
Part 13 | Wounds of his Past
Part 14 | Swiss welcomes you
Part 15 | Couple Hiking
Part 16 | Pool Kiss
Part 17 | What are We?
Part 18 | Love Struck
Part 19 | The Headlines
Part 20 | The Gala
Part 21 | Confession of hearts
part 22 | Under one roof
Part 23 | The Bike Ride
Part 24 | What's the Truth?
Part 25 | My comfort Zone
Part 26 | Into You like Flames
Part 27 | Destined together
Part 28 | Let the World Know
Part 29 | And Suddenly
Part 30 | Didn't see that coming
Part 31 | Savour while it lasts
Part 32 | Loving You is a Losing Game
Part 33 | There's No More Us
Part 34 | On The Run
Part 35 | Strangers with Memories
Sneak Peak
Part 36 | Falling slowly
Part 37 | Out of Nowhere
Part 38 | Keeping the Hopes Alive
Part 39 | One Step Away
Part 40 | Back to where it began
Part 41 | Trying Hard
Part 42 | All I Want Is You
Part 43 | A kiss with a wink
Part 44 | let's get drunk tonight
Part 46 | Beware, It's a trap!
Part 47 | Bad Blood
Part 48 | And the Choice is Yours
Author's note
Part 49 | Hold on, a little longer
Part 50 | Checkmate
Part 51 | Old Factory
Part 52 | Last kiss
Part 53 | Pieces of My heart
Part 54 | Drowning on Ice
Part 55 | Home feels like you - 1
Part 56 | Home Feels like you - 2
Epilogue

Part 45 | Sweet surrender

8.6K 406 53
By _Alviva_

" Damn it! "

That was Arjun's first reaction when his eyes landed on the headlines of morning newspaper.

" Honey, What happened? " Aditi asked caressing her baby bump that had just started showing. Swiftly her frowns disappeared when her husband pointed at the article.

" How could this.... Gosh, this isn't good! " She exclaimed with wide eyes.

" I know. I don't understand how this happened! " Arjun pressed his forehead, punching some numbers on his phone furiously.

" I need to go. " She nodded at him as he grabbed his car keys.

Placing a kiss on Aditi's forehead, he reassured her that everything was under control. He didn't want the women carrying their child to panic and stress out.

In less than 15 minutes Arjun jumped out of his Mercedes, marching his way past Kartik's living room.

" This is ridiculous. " Came a frustrated voice behind him. Dhruv joined along with Rudra, tension evident on their faces. Their pace synchronised as they barged into Kartik's bedroom upon finding the hall and kitchen empty.

" What's - " Arjun hushed his voice when Kartik pointed at his wife sleeping beside. He gave a questioning look upon seeing them barge into his bedroom on a Sunday morning.

Arjun held the bundled newspaper in his hand, mouthing the Words with a serious expression.
' we need to talk! '.

Kartik tilted his head sideways to check on Naira before slowly slipping out of the covers. Pecking her temple he tucked her in comfortably before leaving the room.
She was in deep slumber, clueless about What was happening outside her dream world.

" Can you explain this!? " Dhruv questioned Kartik showing him the headlines as the men gathered in the latter's study.

Kartik took them by surprise when he replied in a monotonous tone. " I don't see anything wrong here. "

This wasn't the expected reaction.

What were they expecting?
Shock. Anger. Tension. Anything but not this bored look on his face after seeing the picture plastered on the headlines!

The photo showed the billionaire businessman having his hands wrapped around his wife waist, resting his chin on her shoulder, their cheeks pressed together and their lips curved upwards in a gentle smile.

It was a lovely capture.

I should get this photo framed.
Kartik thought.

" Are you serious! " Dhruv yelled in annoyance. " Don't you realise the consequence of this freaking piece of article. Malhotra will know about - "

" I want him to know. " Kartik's sharp words silenced the room. " It was my decision to have this picture published in today's headlines. "

The information came as a bombshell making their jaws drop to the floor.

" Why would you do this! " Rudra exasperated in horror. " Despite knowing this would imperil Naira's life, you risked her safety. Why brother ! "

Arjun had his gaze fixed on Kartik's stoic face. He didn't say a word and chose to listen instead. He had known his friend ever since childhood. Kartik wouldn't do something stupid like this without a reason. There's something going on, in his mind.

" Because she deserves more than living a scared life, afraid every day! " Kartik yelled back turning towards them. His facial muscles tightened, as he remembered her words.

I don't want to be in constant fear and forget to live while I am still alive. You shouldn't either.

" In the name of protecting her, I can't cage her inside these four walls. What is her fault? Why is she supposed to live in fear and for how long! " His words laced with dejection.

" I know the consequences of my act but As long as I breathe, my wife shouldn't fear any bastard! " Kartik clenched and unclenched his fist, taking in a deep breath.

" Guys, I want you to believe me. I swore to protect her with my life the day I married her. Naira deserves so much more and I am gonna make sure she gets all of it. " He sounded firm and determined.

Silence enveloped the room for brief minutes.

Dhruv uttered softly, pressing Kartik's shoulder. " We believe you, Man. I would give anything for Naira to have a peaceful life. "

Rudra nodded in agreement. Kartik gave them a subtle smile before turning his attention towards his bestfriend who has remained silent all through.

" Spit out the plan, Dude. " Arjun said in a smug tone with a playful glint in his eyes. Kartik knew his friend would understand.

Kartik's face broke into a smirk.
" I'm gonna end what Malhotra Began! "

--------

Kartik tossed for the nth time in his bed wide awake. His mind occupied with several thoughts that just couldn't let him rest. Even the sleeping pill wasn't of any good.

When he found himself sleeping next to a pillow instead of his wife, his brows furrowed.

11 pm.

He descended the stairs looking for Naira but found the entire mansion covered in darkness except for the dim night lamps. Suddenly, low Noises from the kitchen caught his attention.

Upon reaching the kitchen, Kartik switched on the lights to see his wife staring at him startled by his sudden intrusion. The spoon covered in cream fell to the floor from her mouth. He looked down at the packet of cookies and chocolate mousse in her hand.

Crossing his arms, He leaned against the wall sideways " so now I have a thief at home. "

" Hey! I'm not stealing. I was hungry. " Naira said munching a bite of cookie, " eating desserts isn't a crime. "

Chuckling Kartik walked closer to her. He collected a streak of remnant choco cream from the corner of her lower lip.

" Ofcourse having desserts isn't a crime. " He said tasting the chocolate from his thumb.

She slapped his hands with the back of her hand before consuming the last spoon of the mousse.

Wrapping an arm around her waist he lifted her, making her sit on the kitchen aisle. Naira flashed him a toothy grin as she licked the spoon clean.

He smiled at her, Standing in between her knees. In a quick motion he removed the clutch that held her jet black hair in a bun, causing her waves to cascade down loosely.

Her playful eyes met his eager ones.

The night was cold and their eyes boring into each other, ignited heat inside their cells. He knew this isn't just about a kiss. This isn't going to end there. She sucked in a breath, probably because she knew it too.

With their faces in close proximity, he waited.

He had to make sure she wants him, Wants this equally as he do.
Even if things are now sorted between them, consent is always a requisite.

Kartik got his sign when Naira threw her hands around his neck, bringing her lips closer to his face as she planted a trail of butterfly kisses on his jawline.

His hands drove into her lush black hair. Gently grabbing the back of her head Kartik crushed his lips on hers. His tongue darted into her mouth, found hers and twined around his. It only took a couple of seconds before their tongues fought for dominance. They savoured each other like there was no tomorrow.

At a loss of breath they broke the longest kiss they had in months. His fingers drew circles on her bare thighs. The touch of his hands, so warm on her bare skin sent another burst of heat straight to Naira's core and made it ache as a small moan escaped her lips.

" Not here. " Kartik nodded.

She wrapped her legs around his waist as he hoisted her up from the kitchen slab and carried her upstairs.

He tossed her, making her roll on the bed with a giggle. Sitting on her knees on the soft mattress, Naira discarded every piece of her night outfit one by one, slowly in a seductive manner.

" You are gonna regret teasing me, pumpkin. " Kartik threatened in a husky voice tracing two of his fingers down the sides of her neck to her valley of breast. She arched her spine, biting her lower lips.

" Don't say I didn't warn you." He crawled on top of the bed, caging her between his arms and the matress.

She felt firecrackers in her stomach, Her body seemed to melt against his.

Under the dim light, Naira lost herself in his alluring pair of hazel eyes. Gladly letting her body feel the pleasure of his love.

----

They sat leaning against the headrest, cuddling skin to skin with their bodies comfortably tangled under the duvet.

" What are you thinking? " Naira asked grazing her finger across his trimmed beard.

" Nothing babe. Now that we are fine, I was thinking if you would be willing to take this back. " Kartik held the platinum chain he had gifted her the night of their Official wedding before family and friends. The one she had left along with the divorce papers.

Her eyes softened as they danced Between the chain and his hesitant eyes. " It's okay if you don't - "

Collecting her hair to the front, she turned around and displayed the back of her neck.

" You add beauty to this jewellery, babe. " He whispered as he clasped the elegant piece of jewellery around her neck, letting the two locked heart pendant to cascade down her collar bones, inches higher from her cleavage.
She smiled at him letting her fingers graze over the pendant.

Grabbing her by waist Kartik made her sit on his lap. He held her like she was the most precious thing in his world.

" You left this with a note, when you walked away last time. This is a sign, Naira. " She turned her face sideways to meet his gaze before he continued.

" If, I wish it never happens, but If.... At all you decide to leave me, I want you to take it along. Because when I hold it in my hand and you aren't around, I'll know you had left me.... And I don't wanna know.
I rather live with false hopes than knowing you had left. " Kartik said stroking her cheeks gently.

She was at a loss of words, " Kart- "

"Shsshh.... Just wear it always, babe."

" In hundred years I don't plan on removing it. " Taking his hands she wrapped it around her, leaning into his chest.

He planted a kiss on her temple.
" I love you, babe. "

Naira smiled, elated by the way things were going back to how it used to be. Those phrase were his routine utterances.

" Okay. "

Kartik tilted his face, narrowing his brows inwards. " That's it? "

She nodded with a shrug.

Ever Since we met again, She hasn't said it back. His conscience reminded.

He whined, " When will I hear it back from you? "

Call him desparate, he won't care for he was indeed impatient to hear her say again that she loves him.

" Soon maybe, but not today. "

Kartik huffed with a pout, " Not done!"

" Everything is fair in love and war, husband. " She pecked his lips before pulling him closer, slipping into the duvet along with him.

*****************

Love risks everything,

" I will be back, wait for me. Okay? " He cupped her face.

And asks for Nothing,

She nodded, " Okay. "

--

" Good to see you Naira Basu or is it still Mrs. Naira Oberoi . "

Raghav.....

" Seems like your beloved husband doesn't mind exchanging you for his company. "

-----

" You wanna know the truth..... "

-----

***************

What will happen when truths of the past is no longer a secret?

Hang on and sit tight
We are getting closer to the climax!

Don't forget to
Vote and comment

❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 71.9K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...
757K 33.4K 66
Book 1 of #ARRANGED HEARTS series.... (This series will contain only arranged marriage stories...so read only if you want to read arranged marriage t...
1.5M 64.6K 75
They Met At A Wedding And Once The Wedding Ended, They Parted Ways To Never Meet Again, Unknown To What The Future Holds For Them Can This Pure Hatre...
36.5K 3.3K 30
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...