Texas Time!

By hellllllnah

(Sequel to Tiny Texas Time) Texas is all grown up now!!!! I know! I cried too!!!! More

Welcome!
Awwww
Strikeout
:>
Its about to get messy
Ok, Ok
Action and Reaction
New and Odd
Not Yet
This Chapter is a lot and I'm Tired
Chillin
Oh sh-
Talk it out
That one L word
'No Promises'
Oh damn
Wooo
Short
Summer Timmmmmeeee
High School
Narc
Homecoming
Obvious
*cue music* AAAAATTTTT LAAAAAAAST MY LOVE HAS COME ALONG
Ew cooties
California Time!
Fashion. Also Love.
Growing Up
Even Newer Normal
Long and Emotional
Whiskey
The Finale
Q&A

TEX-MEX

220 8 18
By hellllllnah

(Warning: I spend this chapter intensely (and wholesomely) simping for Selena and Tejano culture)

It was international festival time because I ran out of hype-filler

Texas was having fun seeing all the different cultures at his school, and noticed a booth getting crowded. He smiled and snuck behind the booth.

"You we're right, everyone's loving the pizza," Texas said. Tito chuckled.

"Yep! Here, I saved you and your Grandma some, tell her I said hi!" Tito exclaimed, giving Texas two plates with a slice of Margherita pizza on each. Texas smiled and nodded, before going to look for his family. He eventually found them sitting at a table in the middle of the quad (open area, not the kids)

"Grandma?" Texas said gently. France looked a bit overwhelmed, but smiled upon hearing her grandsons voice. Texas set the pizza in front of her. "Tito saved you a slice," Texas said. France smiled, and began eating, finally looking peaceful. Britain happily wrapped an arm around her.

"Don't you have to set up your booth?" Britain asked.

"Papá is covering for me while I look around... I'll go back to my booth now though... I can't wait for you to see the performance later!" Texas exclaimed.

"Yes! I'm so excited to finally see it!! Mexico hasn't even shown me your outfit yet, I'm so curious!" America exclaimed. Texas smiled and nodded.

"I hope you guys love it!" Texas exclaimed. He went back to his booth, and was happy that the principal didn't go near his area. He proudly strung up his 'Tex-Mex' sign, and hung Mexican, American, and Texan flags all over his table. And of course, his state motto, 'FRIENDSHIP'.

(Texas is into MLP confirmed?? Jk jk... unless?)

A few of Texas's teachers walked by his booth, and agreed to not tell the principal he was kinda sorta breaking the rules a little bit.

And soon, everyone was called into the auditorium for the culture-show thing. The kids who were performing went backstage to set up their outfits and props for the dance/song/presentation they were doing, while Tito snuck Texas into a nearby prop closet where he hid his costume earlier.

"I'll tell you when you're on... and your sister formed an elaborate plan to get the principal out of the auditorium during your performance," Tito said. Texas smiled and wrapped Tito in a hug.

"Thanks for all your help Tito... I genuinely don't know if I could've done this without you...," Texas said. Tito hesitantly hugged him back.

"Are you feeling ok? You sound like you're crying," Tito said. Texas took a deep breath.

"I'm nervous," Texas said.

"Ah Tex, you'll do great! It might feel intimidating now, but I'm sure you'll feel better once you hit the stage! I'll be in the wings the whole time, I promise. I'll be right there for you," Tito said. Texas smiled and nodded.

While the principal was watching the show, she suddenly got a call. She checked, and it said it was from the board of education. She hurriedly left the room, knowing that the show only had one more act anyway. California locked the doors on her way out (and stayed by the doors so she could unlock them in case of emergency). Tito peeked out from the wing and saw California give him a thumbs up. He ran to get Texas.

"Tex! You're on- Woah.... Oh damn," Tito said upon seeing Texas's outfit.

"Do I look stupid?" Texas asked. Tito shook his head, smiling.

"You look awesome...," Tito said, handing Texas his microphone. Texas smiled at him, and they locked eyes.

"Thank you, Tito," Texas said softly. Tito nodded, feeling an all-too-familiar feeling. Texas walked past him, and onto the stage, and Tito simply stood in the wings and gazed upon how the spotlights made Texas's outfit glitter and shine.

"Buenas noches, señores y señoras!" Texas exclaimed. The crowd cheered because yay. "My name is Texas, I'm the student president, and I wanted to embrace my culture as the son of Mexico and America... unfortunately, I could only choose one culture... so I figured there was no better culture to choose than Tex-Mex, a cultural smoothie -if you will- of cultures from northern Mexico and the southern United States," Texas said. He noticed his family smiling up at him from the audience, and he felt a joyful grin grow on his face.

"The unifying of two cultures doesn't have to demean either of its parent cultures... it's a development, and it births something that two cultures can understand and bond over... even if the two cultures might be vastly different. I know my parents sure are different," Texas said. He heard the unmistakable sound of his parents giggling like kids. "I wanted to perform a few songs from an artist who inspired me to embrace both sides of my heritage. Her name is Selena Quintanilla. Her hometown was Lake Jackson, Texas. She's a prominent artist in Latin-pop history even after her untimely death in 1995... today, I want to bring her music to you," Texas said. The crowd cheered once more, because yay, and the music started up

(If you want, listen to Como La Flor by Selena while you marvel over this drawing I made)

Meanwhile, in the audience, PJ was blown away.

"I didn't realize he had such a beautiful voice!" Nekomi exclaimed, vibing with the upbeat song.

But PJ could understand the lyrics.

Texas took off his scarf-bow thing and threw it into the audience that was cheering for him like some sort of fan girl frenzy, and it landed in PJs grasp. He stared down at it, tears welling up in his eyes

"Aaaaaay! Como me duele,"

Soon, Texas wrapped up 'Como La Flor' and 'Amor Prohibido'. The crowd was lovin it, and Texas smiled upon seeing his family's proud smiles.

"Ok, I have just one more song before I go... it's an emotional one, so I hope I don't make you cry!" Texas exclaimed. The music started, and Texas channeled his inner teen angst into an emotional performance...

(Ok I actually kinda want you to play the song because I vibe with it ngl it's sad but I love it:

No Me Queda Más by Selena)

As the song wrapped up, Texas looked over at Tito, who was still watching from the wings. He took a bow.

"Gracias, all of you," He said, before rushing off stage and collapsing into a hug with Tito.

"Ohhhh my god that was so emotional... that took it outa me!" Texas exclaimed, before looking up at Tito, and noticing he was crying. "Oh! Are you ok?!" Texas exclaimed. Tito smiled slightly, wiping his eyes.

"Don't worry about me... that was awesome Tex, I'm really impressed," Tito said happily. Texas smiled and nodded, however he was still worried for his friend. They went outside, and Texas was surrounded by his family congratulating him.

"That was awesome Tex! I'm so proud of you!" America exclaimed, giving Texas a hug. Texas laughed, happy that his family was proud. He went to go clean up his booth very quickly, when suddenly...

"Texas...," PJ said gently. Texas looked up at PJ, who was holding a small bouquet of flowers. He silently handed them over. The two stared at each other, and PJ leaned in and kissed Texas's cheek. "Para mí... fue lo más bello," PJ said softly, before walking away. Texas noticed the bouquet PJ gave him was bound with the scarf he had thrown into the audience.

However, this moment turned more bitter when the principal walked over to him.

"Texas, we need to talk...,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.2K 1.3K 57
It's always unknown of what will happen next. READ WITH CAUTION! This book contains topics that may disturb you. Began : Jan 4th 2020 Finished : July...
49.2K 3.9K 28
"You are and always have been my whole world." He started by answering his first question, looking at the blanket he was covered by. He will speak th...
97.3K 3.3K 35
[Completed] It's the start of summer and you were more than happy to finally get out of your school and have careless long summer days. But when you...
112 4 1
This is a series of History from the perspective of young texas and the trials he's faced. Many things are forgotten in this but I did the best I cou...