The UnWanted Passenger #YourS...

By intotheunknown_123

Mahaya Roy is an independent lady of twenty-four, working as a lawyer in a successful firm in Mumbai. One ni... More

Pilot.
Fate intervenes
Guy in the backseat of the car
Getting to know each other part.
Unwanted Collegue.
Male egos and competition.
Secrets.
For Paul.
Unknown jealousy
That Awkward Moment
Fair game
The End.
Territorial b*tch
Oblivion is a bliss.
Getting into character.
Secret reveals
Birthday dinner
Kiss seals the deal
Love Guru
Secrets
Naive Yashraj
Opening up
Best wedding ever.
Patience is a virtue
Blast from the plast
Betrayal stinks
The one where he knows it all. (Collaboration)
The one with the goodbyes.
Author's note.
The one with tieing lose ends.
Epilogue.
Announcement
BONUS: Married With Benefits.

Permission granted.

5.7K 351 39
By intotheunknown_123

There's no one who can bring out the worst and the best in me other than you.

____________________________________

Chapter twelve: Permission granted.

It had been a week and three days.

Not that Yashraj was counting but it had indeed been a week and three days and Rashi still hadn't agreed to go out with him.

Maybe that's the reason he was grumpy.

Also, having Arjun around didn't really cheer him up.

Though Arjun had back off but he was still hanging around Mahaya.

And the fact that he liked her didn't make it any better for Yashraj.

Honesty? He had a bad week.

He was silent on the way to the office and Mahaya didn't even ask him about it.

Maybe another reason why he was in a bad mood.

They got stuck in traffic, as usual.

"So, you want to talk about it?" Mahaya asked, once she brought the car to a halt.

Seeing this traffic, they weren't going to move any time soon.

"Talk about what?" Yashraj asked nonchantaly.

Internally, he was smiling.

So she did notice.

"Why are you in a bad mood? You didn't even have your daily dose of chocolate." She teased.

That's right. Everyday before leaving, Yashraj would have a chocolate. One day it would be a 5-Star, one day it'd be a Dairy Milk.

"Like it matters to you." He grumbled.

"Of course it matters to me." She said, placing her hand over his.

Yashraj gripped onto it.

"It looks like you spend all of your time with Arjun now."

"That's not true. I spend it with you guys too." She argued.

"No. It's always Arjun. Arjun this, Arjun that. Oh, he's so funny."

"Well, he is."

Yashraj let go of her hand.

"What I am saying is, he's new and he doesn't know many people. I'm just trying to make him welcomed." Mahaya shrugged, trying to make amends.

"I don't like him. Stay away from him." Yashraj insisted like a stubborn child.

"I don't like Rashi. That didn't stop you, did it?" Mahaya challenged.

Sometimes Yashraj forgot how good a lawyer she is.

"So is this what it is? I went for Rashi so you go for Arjun?"

"No! What makes you think that?!" Mahaya asked, shocked that he would even think that.

She was repulsed by Rashi, yes, but she didn't do this for vengeance. She genuinely liked Arjun.

"So you will date him?" Yashraj asked, raising his eyebrow.

The traffic had started moving now and Mahaya revived the engine.

"If he asks me out, then yes."

Well, then I'll have to make sure he doesn't ask you.

Yashraj thought to himself.

Both of them got out of the car and to their offices without speaking a word to each other.

Mahaya entered her office. Her coffee was already there and Bhavna seemed to be talking to someone.

"Ma'am, the eleven o'clock with the Mishra's is fixed." Bhavna informed her, hanging up.

Mahaya nodded.

Bhavna stepped out as Mahaya began to re-read the Mishra's file.

It was a simple case. They wanted to buy twenty shares of the Roy Enterprises but they had a few conditions.

The conditions weren't mentioned on paper yet.

Mahaya heard the door opening and expected to see Bhavna come in.

She was shocked when she saw Rashi instead of her assistant.

"Rashi, what are you doing here?" Mahaya asked, trying to cover up her shocked face.

"Hey, I hope I wasn't disturbing." Rashi smiled hesitantly as she entered, sitting in a chair opposite to Mahaya.

"No, not at all. I was just reading the Mishra's file." Mahaya replied.

Mahaya took a few sips of her coffee as she closed the file.

"So what's up?" Mahaya asked.

She didn't want Rashi in her cabin.

"Well, I was here to ask for permission." She said timidly.

"Permission for what?" Mahaya crunched her eyebrows, confused.

Mahaya was the head of the department but that didn't usually have lawyers coming up to her cabin, asking for permissions.

"Well, I didn't know, so I'm just here for confirmation."

"About what?" Mahaya's patience was wearing thin.

To calm herself she lifted her coffee and placed it between her lips, ready to take a sip.

"Are you and Yashraj an item?"

The coffee flew right onto the closed file, from her mouth.

Mahaya quickly wiped off the traces of coffee from the file, grabbing a few tissue papers.

"No! No, no, no, no, no, no!" Mahaya quickly said, pouring water on her spoiled shirt, trying to rub off the trace of coffee.

She looked at Rashi, sitting there, looking at her in surprise.

"No, no no. No. Yashraj and I are not an item." Mahaya reassured.

"Alright. I just wanted to ask your permission since you two seem tight, you know? So it's better to ask you than cause a drift between us." Rashi smiled sweetly, which Mahaya felt weird.

"No. It's completely alright." Mahaya said, gritting her teeth.

Damn, that was one hot coffee.

____•_____

Yashraj was typing furiously into his computer, trying to find the bug.

Two hours ago, the technician had reported a virus in their system. It was slowing programs down and hanging the computers.

Everyone predicted it to be a minor bug. There's one everywhere and it's usually a piece of cake to remove it.

But Yashraj wasn't able to find it. And he'd been searching for quite some time.

Maybe a break was what he needed.

Their website project was kept on hold for the moment.

Yashraj got out of his tiny cubicle and made his way to the cafeteria.

"One coffee, black." Yashraj ordered and paid a twenty rupees bill.

"Thank you." He muttered as he picked up his coffee.

He was on the way to his cubicle and software world again when he was stopped on the way.

"Hey, do you have a minute?" Rashi asked him.

"Yeah sure. What's up?" Yashraj asked.

"Well, it has been a week." She began.

A week and three f'ucking days.

Yashraj wanted to interrupt but he didn't.

"Has it?" Yashraj laughed nervously.

Rashi gave him a soft smile.

"And I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight." Rashi asked, looking at him through her long eyelashes.

Yashraj grinned.

"Do I? I have to check my schedule. I'm a very busy man." He pretended to think.

Rashi gave him a playful punch in his stomach.

"So, tonight after office?" Rashi asked.

"Tonight after office." Yashraj confirmed.
______________________________________

So how many of you fell for that little prank earlier?

I always wanted to do that!

Tell me about it in the comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 301 35
Anaya Oberoi is a final year student at one of the prestigious colleges in India and gets selected for the student exchange program at kings college...
22.5K 1.4K 16
π™³πš‘πšŠπš’πš›πš’πšŠ πš‚πš’πš—πšπš‘ πšπšŠπšπš‘πšžπšŸπšŠπš—πšœπš‘πš’ πšπš‘πšŽ π™ΌπšŠπšπš’πšŠ π™Ίπš’πš—πš 𝚘𝚏 π™Όπšžπš–πš‹πšŠπš’ πšπšŠπš•πš• πš’πš— πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚊 πš‹πš›πš˜πš πš— πš˜πš›πš‹πšœ...
193K 15.5K 30
Β°β€’ Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series β€’Β° *:゚✧ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence but they forgot that their eyes spoke t...
1.8M 71.7K 79
'WIFE'...huh you call yourself my wife, He said very calmly. "A girl like u cannot afford to become maid at my house and u call yourself my wife." He...