Reunite Her

By Princess_DYS

Warning: This is the eighth book in a series. I recommend you go back and read the others starting with "Figh... More

Fighting Ghosts
White Knuckle
Tender Age
Unforgiven
In Your Care
Equal Justice
Instinct
Protect and Serve
Impossible Dream
Return of the Prodigal Son
One Crazy Shift
The Radical Truth
A Couple Hundred Degrees
Signs of Violence
Natural Born Firefighter
Due Process
Trouble Dolls
Trick-Rolled at the Moulin'
An Inferior Product
Safe
The Right Thing
The Other Side

Double Red

245 11 0
By Princess_DYS

A/N This is a Fire episode that I am including because it's my fic and I want to. 😂

As always, please relax and enjoy the read.

~Princess <3

*Firehouse 51*

Ana walked through the hallways with a smile on her face. It had been way too long since she last picked up a shift. The brunette had entered the Bullpen just in time to see Darren, Blake, and a woman she never met before leaving Chief's Office. The short woman filed that under, "ask Wally about later," and proceeded to enter the small room.

"Miss me?" She grinned.

Chief looked up from where he'd been messing with the desk phone and smiled, warmly.

"You have no idea." He joked.

Ana suddenly noticed that her friend seemed to be a little flustered and grew a bit concerned.

"Everything okay?" She wondered.

"Oh, yeah. It's just one of those situations where ya gotta try to get ahead of things without any prior notice because someone spelled your name wrong on the damn email." Chief explained, jokingly, although his voice did have a bit of underlying anger hidden in it.

The brunette lips formed an "ah" and she nodded in understanding but, before anything else could be said between the two, a new voice joined the fray.

"Just heard you were looking for me, Chief?" Mouch inquired, poking his head in and casting a warm look in Ana's direction.

"Yes. Please tell me why you didn't take the TRA training class five years ago when you were supposed to?" The older man demanded.

"Uh, pretty sure I did." The younger replied in confusion.

"You did not." Chief retorted.

"Huh. Well, that's a puzzler." Mouch muttered.

"Uh-huh." The older man squinted at him in feigned suspicion. "Report to Firehouse 33."

"Copy that." The younger nodded, moving to leave the room before stepping back in again. "Oh, uh, when did you mean?"

"Now, Mouch." Chief ground out.

"Oh, no, Chief. That is not something I was prep-"

The man was silenced by the look on the older man's face and quietly slunk out of the small room. Ana turned to Chief with a teasing smirk on her lips and he just rolled his eyes in response.

*Apparatus Floor: A Little While Later*

Ambulance 61, Truck 81, vehicle accident, 6535 South Union

"It looks like we're down two men." Matt sighed, looking over at Stella as he hopped into his designated vehicle. "It shouldn't be a problem, will it?"

"No, sir." She shook her head.

"Well, I sure picked the right day to come in didn't I?" Ana joked, appearing behind the male Captain and putting her face mask on.

He just turned around and grinned widely at the sight of his mother figure. A few more minutes went by before the two companies arrived on scene.

The brunette got out and immediately noticed the wreck. It looked like the car in the street sideswiped the one parked on the side of it.

"Ma'am, you okay back there?" Matt wondered, pulling Ana's attention to the young woman trying to get out of the back seat.

"My driver is drunk out of his mind!" She cried. "I told him to pull over and let me out, and he swung around and started yelling in my face. And then wham!"

"Okay. Ma'am, don't move, okay? You got glass on you. So we're gonna have our paramedics come in and check you for injuries, okay?" Stella explained, gently, while Matt moved over to the driver's side. "All right. Stay put."

Ana kept her eyes locked on the male Captain, refusing to look away as a wave of dread crashed over her. It was smaller than normal but she was still worried nonetheless.

"Sir, I'm gonna need you to turn off the engine." He instructed.

"They don't get the right." The driver slurred, confirming what the young woman had told them.

"Turn the engine off." Matt snapped, removing his helmet when the drunk continued to protest.

He stuck his head in and moved to do it himself, only for the driver to stomp down hard on the gas pedal.

"Matt!" Ana shrieked as the car sped down the street with said man dangling from the side and holding on for dear life. "51 to Main: I need a police assist right now!"

She ran after the rouge vehicle and the other members of 81 were not too far behind. The automobile suddenly swerved and hit another parked car, sending the male Captain flying onto the sidewalk a few feet away. The brunette swore she could feel her heart dropping into her stomach when Matt immediately reached up and clutched at his head. The older woman gasped and fell to her knees, trying to help him up so she could see the damage.

"Jesus Christ." Ana hissed, bringing a hand up to the fresh cut on his hairline.

"Hey, I'm fine." The male Captain assured, finally getting to his feet and turning to address his crew. "Get that guy out of there and help the woman in the back."

Sirens could be heard wailing down the street, signaling the arrival of their assist. Ana didn't even turn to look at them until a pair of familiar voices reached her ears.

"Hey, Sarge!" Adam called. "We were a few blocks away when we heard the call."

"What's going on?" Kevin inquired.

Oh, thank God. People I can trust.

"Drunk ride-share driver." Ana growled out, sending a fiery glare in said man's direction. "Almost killed Matt."

The two Officers were on him in a few seconds flat, taking over for the two floaters who were keeping the man pinned to his car.

"All right, pal. Let's go." Adam sighed, cuffing him and dragging him away.

"I'm not even drink." He slurred.

"Maniac!" The young woman snarled as the paramedics of 61 led them over to their ambulance.

"Uh huh, sure you aren't." Kevin muttered, walking over to Ana. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm all right, Kev." She nodded, watching Adam shove the drunk into the back of his car. "I can't believe I'm saying this but maybe don't let Henry near him. All these damn rules and regulations, that moron isn't worth him risking his badge just to rough him up a little." The brunette reasoned.

"Yeah, I feel you." The dark skinned Officer agreed.

"Thanks, Kev." Ana cracked a small smile.

"Anytime, Sarge." He nodded and returned it before heading back over to Adam.

Stella walked over and took his place.

"Hey, is he okay?" She wondered, nodding at Matt.

"He claims to be." The brunette rolled her eyes.

The younger woman turned to the other Captain and gave him a good once over.

"You sure you're good? You got a knot coming out your noggin'." Stella pointed out, reaching a hand up to the cut.

"Eh, it's fine. Made out of rock." Matt joked, playfully punching his head and Ana felt herself pale in response to his bad sense of humor. "All right, 81, let's get this street cleaned up, huh?"

Stella gave a short nod and walked off, leaving the two Captains alone together.

"You know damn well it's not 'made out of rock' Matt Casey. Far from it in fact." The older woman hissed, quietly, and he couldn't even look at her, knowing she was right. "Now, you may be able to wave off Stella and the other floaters but that's only because they weren't there. They didn't have to sit in a waiting room for God knows how long after you cracked your skull." The brunette took a deep breath to calm herself down and exhaled through her nose before continuing. "Matt, please, just tell me the truth: Are you really okay?"

"It hurts." He admitted, bringing a hand up to gently massage his injury. "But other than that, I'm fine."

Ana stared at him for a few seconds and let out a sigh.

"Promise that you'll tell me the second you experience any other symptoms." She pleaded.

Matt smirked and did a crossing motion over the area of his chest where his heart would be. The short woman rolled her eyes again and pulled him into a tight hug, burying her face into his shoulder. The younger man just returned it tenfold.

*Firehouse 51: Common Room: A Few Hours Later*

Ana was loitering around the kitchen area, making herself a cup of coffee, when she felt a familiar presence attempting to sneak up behind her.

"Hey, Mom." Kelly grinned.

The brunette finished pouring her drink before turning around and pulling her Godson into a hug. The younger man returned it immediately, being mindful of the hot liquid in her left hand.

"Hi, Sev." She smiled into his shoulder.

They seperated a few seconds later and the Lieutenant let the older woman take a sip of her coffee before speaking again.

"You know where Casey is?" He wondered. "I was actually on my way to go looking for him when I spotted you here so. . ."

Ana let out a small chuckle.

"Yeah, last I checked he was in his Office." She recalled, heading in that direction with Kelly following her every step of the way.

Once the pair was close enough, the two peered through the glass and grew a bit concerned at what they saw.

Matt was lying down on his bed with a hand pressed to the center of his forehead, massaging it almost. But the part that worried them the most, was how his eyes were closed. They were almost screwed shut in pain.

The Lieutenant stepped ahead of his Godmother, pausing once he was in the doorway and knocking on it to signal their arrival. Ana entered and leaned back against the desk, sipping at her drink.

"You all right?" Kelly inquired.

Matt shot up instantly and cleared his throat.

"Just waiting for some aspirin to kick in." He assured. "What's up?"

"You know anything about the delivery Stella ordered for the apartment?" The Lieutenant wondered and the brunette stood a little straighter, her curiosity having been peaked.

"Delivery of what?" The male Captain asked in confusion.

"That's the thing. She wouldn't say. I don't deal well with change. She knows that." Kelly pointed out.

"If I may, it is her home too." Ana shrugged.

"Yeah, she probably wants to put her stamp on the place." Matt agreed.

"Mm, probably." The Lieutenant nodded, moving to leave the room.

"Hey, uh, you and Kidd." The male Captain began, making him pause again. "If it's time for me to move on and you guys need the loft to yourselves, just say the word. I promise I'm all good."

"Didn't I just say I don't deal well with change?" Kelly smirked.

"You did." Matt smiled, sheepishly.

"All right." The Lieutenant laughed, finally walking out.

Ana's gaze switched back to the injured man and her cheery demeanour vanished at the sight of him wincing in pain.

"You sure you're okay?" The older woman pressed, hoping to get an honest answer from him now that they were alone.

"Mom, it's the same pain from before. I'm fine, I promise." Matt assured.

Ana sighed and walked over, placing a hand on his shoulder before leaving the room. The male Captain waited until he was sure she was gone before gently lying back down on the bed. He brought a hand up, continuing to massage his forehead while screwing his eyes shut and groaning in pain.

*End of Shift*

Ana was waiting just outside of the Apparatus Floor for Hank to arrive and pick her up. While messing around on her phone, she felt someone appear next to her and looked up to see Matt staring at her with a conflicted look on his face.

The brunette went to smile but instantly threw that idea out the window when he winced in pain and squeezed his eyes shut for a few seconds. The older woman was worried. The pain from the cut should have faded by now.

"Matt?" She called, gently, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

He opened his eyes again and blinked a few times before letting out a sigh.

"I made you a promise, so. . ." The male Captain paused and took a deep breath before continuing. "I have a headache and I just started getting tunnel vision not too long ago."

Ana swallowed, thickly, and glanced at the floor.

"Look, Matt, the last thing I wanna do is reassure you and push you even further away from the idea of seeing a doctor. But, chances are, it's just a concussion." She sighed, glancing out into the street just as a familiar black SUV pulled up. "If you get any other symptoms or the ones that you already have get worse, then call me. I don't care when."

The younger man grinned cheekily and, just like before, did the crossing motion over his heart again. Ana just let out a soft chuckle and pulled him into a hug. They seperated a few seconds later and the brunette gave Matt one last smile before joining her husband in their car.

A/N I hope you all enjoyed! Till Thursday!

~Princess <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403K 6.1K 69
A former Ranger Lieutenant up and left Boston to be with her best friend in Chicago. She falls in love with a gorgeous detective. Everything is going...
16K 416 28
***PLEASE NOTE: I have 8 One Chicago books! Please check them all out!*** [Hank Voight X OC] "They won't see it the same" I try not to cry, but I can...
232K 3.6K 43
Moving from Madrid to Chicago and starting as a paramedic at firehouse 51, all Liz Severide wants is two things: leave her old life behind and stay a...
51.5K 1K 20
"Here we are, don't turn away now. We are the warriors that built this town from dust." In which a paramedic from Firehouse 51, a detective from the...