"Steven Universe and the Baby...

By colinthecartoonist

Join Baby Steven Universe and his squad of adorable friends, the Baby Crystal Gems, along with his father Gre... More

MINI-SHORT: "Baby Peridot's Video Blog"
MINI-SHORT: "A SleepyTime Situation"
MINI-SHORT: "Baby Lion Loves to Fit in a Box"
MINI-SHORT: "Baby Gem Karaoke!"
MINI-SHORT: "The Classroom Baby Gems: Where do Baby Gems Come From?"
Opening Theme Song
MINI-SHORT: "The Bedtime Dilemma"
(NON-CANON) MINI-SHORT: "Toys! TOYS!! TOYS!!!"
TEASER-SHORT: "The Great Discovery"
S1 Ep 1: "Baby's FIRST Gem Glow" (A NEW Version of "Gem Glow")
S1 Ep 2: "A Tiny T-Shirt"
S1 Ep 3: "To Tell the TOOTH!"
S1 Ep 4: "The Crib Fiasco"
S1 Ep 5: "Party Pug" (A NEW Version of "Laser Light Cannon")
S1 Ep 6: "How a Friendship Was Born"
S1 Ep 7: "Steven's FIRST Playdate"
S1 Ep 8: "Happiness is a Warm Kitten"
Bonus Scene: "The Five Little Kittens Who Purred"
S1 Ep 9: "Cheeseburger Backpack" (NEW Version)
S1 Ep10: "Movie Night!"
MINI-SHORT "A Baby Gem Mobile!"
MINI-SHORT "Baby Gem Stack"
S1 Ep11: "The Great Candy Caper"
S1 Ep12: "Frybo" (NEW Version)
S1 Ep13: "Shape-shifting Shenanigans!"
S1 Ep14: "Steven... the CAT?!?!" (A NEW Version of "Cat Fingers")
S1 Ep15: "Bubble Buddies" (NEW Version)
S1 Ep17: "Purple Puma!" (A NEW Version of "Tiger Millionaire")
S1 Ep18: "GIANT Toddler" (A NEW Version of "Giant Woman")

S1 Ep 16: "Bug Hunt"

55 3 0
By colinthecartoonist

Whenever the day would be so beautiful and the temperature would be so right, one of Baby Steven and Connie’s favorite places to go is the brand new park in Beach City! It had everything that allowed them for some fun time to play, like a swing set, a tube-slide, a sandbox, and even some grassy terrain to happily walk or crawl around! But today, they were in the park for a different reason. They were both curiously exploring around their park… and looking at some colorful creatures! One of them was a little ladybug, crawling around a flower it was exploring in!

“Ooh! Check out this one!” Baby Steven smiled.

“A ladybug!” Baby Connie gasped in surprise. “Look at how small that guy is!”

“Don’t you mean… girl?” Baby Steven snickered as they shared a giggle.

They then noticed something else in a flower that was nearby… being a tiny bumblebee, which was collecting some pollen from another flower, to carry it and spread it to other flowers!

“Whoa!” Baby Connie smiled. “Did you see that?!”

“Yeah!” Baby Steven gasped in amazement. “A little bee just collected something and carried it!”

However, their fun would be cut short. “Oh, hey. Look at those little love birds.”

And as they both looked… it was their infamous rival. Baby Kevin was back, but now, he was chilling in his very own toy cruiser.

“You again?!” Baby Steven gasped.

“Kevin?!” Baby Connie gasped. “What are you doing here too?!”

“Haven’t ya heard?” Baby Kevin smiled with his smirk. “There’s this bug hunt goin’ around and I’M gonna be the best one out there.”

“A bug hunt?!” Baby Steven gasped. “I don’t wanna hurt them!”

“Oh! No, Steven!” Baby Connie remembered. “It’s a game where you collect some bugs. And, if you get 5 in a row on a sheet they give you, you’ll win a prize!”

“Ooh!” Baby Steven smiled. “That actually sounds like a fun game to play!”

“Yeah, right.” Baby Kevin smirked. “We’ll see who’s cryin’ when I get that prize. I’m going to be the champ of this and NOBODY is going to stop me.”

"We're NOT gonna let you get away with this, Kevin!" Baby Steven disagreed in slight frustration. "Especially since you're being mean, rude, and disrespectful to us!"

"WE are gonna win this game!" Baby Connie agreed. "No matter how many times you mess it up with your schemes, or what you say to us!"

"Whatever, you dumb dumbs." Baby Kevin scoffed, while he rolled his eyes in annoyance before mischievously smiling at them. "Because when I win this stupid bingo game, I'm gonna enjoy seeing you two cry so hard that you'll need a new diaper to absorb all your tears! All while I enjoy the giant caterpillar!"

"Why, you big meanie!" Baby Steven growled in fury as he tried to throw his hands with Baby Connie holding him back.

Baby Kevin just cackled in his toy cruiser as he sped away to search for more bugs to hunt for the game, while leaving the two Baby Jam Buds behind to eat his dust.

“What is he even thinking?!” Baby Connie said in frustration.

“And a giant caterpillar?!” Baby Steven gasped. “I have a little one!”

But as he started to think… he started imagining it being a good little present for Baby Pearl’s new pet, being Cater-Pearl!

“Nuh uh. He ain't gonna win this!” Baby Steven proclaimed. “We’re gonna get that doll, so Cater-Pearl can have fun with it!”

“Is that your new pet that you were talking about?” Baby Connie asked curiously.

“Yep. And we’re not afraid to win this!” Baby Steven exclaimed. “We are brave enough!”

A few minutes later, they both looked at their sheets as they held little nets to catch the bugs that they could get to win the game. But the catch was… there were all sorts of bugs to find! However, Baby Steven noticed something unusual in the middle.

“What’s this spot here?” he asked with wonder.

“Some people have been trying to find a very rare bug.” Baby Connie explained. “But, it’s a very hard creature to find. In fact, many don’t even know what it is!”

Baby Steven’s intrigue grew even more as he started to figure out what the rare mysterious creature it could be. But the possibilities were quite endless… as Baby Kevin looked.

“So, you both decided to play!” he gasped. “You both are gonna do tremendous… while I will be the king of this hunt!”

As he just snickered and walked off, Baby Steven just mimicked him by using his tiny hand as a puppet while making faces.

“Meh, meh, meh!” he pretended with frustration.

“Don’t worry, Steven.” Baby Connie smiled. “As long as we work together, we will win this game! Whatever it takes!”

And so, by keeping their infamous rival OUT of their focus and minds, both Baby Steven and Baby Connie commenced their OWN kind of bug hunt, in hopes of claiming their titles as the winners. Baby Steven soon remembered a couple of discoveries.

“Oh, wait!” he gasped… as he placed a couple of marks on the ladybug and bumblebee from earlier.

“Oh yeah!” Baby Connie remembered. “Good point, Steven!”

Fortunately for them, there was another little discovery to come! Baby Steven soon found… yet another little caterpillar! This time, it was all green!

“Connie! I found a caterpillar!” Baby Steven smiled, letting the caterpillar crawl up his finger.

“Perfect!” Baby Connie approved as they both marked that off their sheets.

But instead of catching it with a net, Baby Steven allowed it to crawl on his arm!

“Come on!” he smiled. “Don’t be shy!”

But it felt quite ticklish as Baby Steven giggled. And fortunately, the little caterpillar went with them! As for Baby Connie, she soon found a little fly that kept on buzzing around! Since it was quite tricky to catch it, she decided to hold out her hands… and caught it with ease and placed it in their net!

“Good catch with that fly!” Baby Steven said in surprise.

“Thank you!” Baby Connie appreciated his complement with a cute smile on her face.

But as time went by, as Baby Steven found a friendly little spider in a web up in the trees… Baby Connie started to think about something.

“Hmm…” she wondered. “Is it just me or… are the bugs all missing?”

“I’m not really sure!” Baby Steven curiously replied. “Isn’t there supposed to be more than these?”

He mainly asked, because it was his very first time playing. But, before they met, Baby Connie started to think about how common the bugs would be.

“I thought I saw more!” she wondered to herself… before noticing another bee… that was laying on the ground. “Uhh… Steven…???”

And much to his surprise, he found Baby Connie’s shocking discovery.

“Aww!” Baby Steven frowned. “That little bee can’t fly!”

Little did they know that something was lurking. Or someONE, in this case. Because as they sadly looked at the bee who couldn’t fly…

“BOO!” they both suddenly heard.

And then, it was accompanied by a big WHACK! Much to their horror, as they looked up, Baby Kevin… was completely SABOTAGING the game. By using fly swatters, bug spray, and even scaring them away, he was making it completely unfair and impossible for the others to play.

“Hey!” Baby Steven gasped. “He’s cheating!”

But Baby Connie grew scared. “Why would he want to hurt those little bugs?!”

“They didn’t do anything wrong!” Baby Steven sadly disagreed.

“Now, where are those two little fellas?” Baby Kevin snickered. “I have a few surprises for them…”

“OH NO.” Baby Steven and Connie gasped as they both hid behind the bush for cover.

“I knew there was something odd!” Baby Connie exclaimed. “But we better keep moving. Because if he finds us, it’s over.”

And so, to prevent being caught by Baby Kevin, they both continued onward with their quest. But since they now know who is making it harder, their mission just got a lot harder… and a lot more dangerous. While Baby Steven collected the friendly spider, he and Baby Connie searched high and low, with Baby Kevin secretly chasing them. Fortunately, without being caught, they managed to find a couple of worms, a tiny beetle, some ants, and even a couple of crickets and grasshoppers! Soon after, they had one more left to find. A butterfly. But there’s a twist to that. A butterfly is very hard to find in the park.

“Hmm…” Baby Steven wondered. “Do you see a butterfly anywhere?”

“Not yet.” Baby Connie replied as they both looked around.

However, as a sign of hope, they both spotted something. A cocoon!

“Connie?!” he gasped. “Is that a sign?!”

“Let’s hope!” Baby Connie smiled. “Butterfly and victory…”

“...here we come!” Baby Steven cheered… before they noticed a problem.

The cocoon… was empty. There was no butterfly inside it. However, to make matters worse, Baby Kevin… was right next to them.

“Ah!” he laughed. “So, you both are trying to find a butterfly too, huh?! And lucky for me… I have my next victims… for my title!”

And just like that… the end was inevitable. Now with no butterfly in sight, and with Baby Kevin close to extinguishing all of their bugs… Baby Steven and Connie were in the line of completely losing the game all together.

However… Baby Steven noticed an unusual sight on Baby Connie’s little bowtie. “Connie? What’s that?”

“What’s what?” Baby Connie nervously asked.

“There’s something on your bowtie.” Baby Steven replied.

However… as they looked… it was a miracle. Magically, they found… a very rare and colorful butterfly!

“THERE you are…” Baby Kevin snickered.

But the problem for all three of them… was they all had the same spot. And so, by looking at each other, they all placed their marks on it like a quickdraw segment from the wild west. But Baby Steven remembered something that Baby Connie said.

Some people have been trying to find a very rare bug.But, it’s a very hard creature to find. In fact, many don’t even know what it is!

And miraculously… that was the sign that not ONLY did they claim the butterfly slot… but they also claimed the spot in the middle.

“Connie!” he cheered. “That butterfly is rare!”

And upon them both realizing their miracle… the Jam Buds have won the game! And with that, Nanefua came to see them!

“Won’t you look at this!” she gasped. “Steven Universe and Connie Maheswaran have found the rare butterfly on the hunt! And with this, I declare Steven and Connie as the WINNERS of the Bug Hunt!”

“We… We… We won!” Baby Steven smiled as their cute smiles grew wider.

“WE WON!” Baby Steven and Connie happily cheered as they embraced each other in a very sweet hug.

Baby Kevin just dropped his sheet in horror, knowing that his plan failed.

“And I believe YOU were doing something to them.” Nanefua added to him.

“Uhh… N… No…?” he nervously replied.

“No! He’s lying!” Baby Steven proclaimed. “Connie and I were trying to find some bugs, but he scared them away!”

“And he swatted and sprayed some of them!” Baby Connie added.

And just like that… Baby Kevin was caught in the act of cheating!

“Very well, then.” Nanefua said to him. “As a result of you lying, and for cheating the game, I must announce that you are being disqualified!”

“D… Disqualified?!” Baby Kevin gasped. “But I was…”

But Nanefua didn’t listen to him. Instead, she proudly handed the REAL winners, Baby Steven and Connie, their reward, being the caterpillar plush, to which they proudly and adorably held together as a cute dynamic duo! But Baby Kevin was as FURIOUS as a volcano.

"NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!! IT'S NOT FAIR!" Baby Kevin erupted as he began throwing a pathetic temper tantrum on the grass, kicking his feet and slamming his fists. "I SHOULD'VE WON, NOT THOSE STUPID BABIES!"

As he cried his blackhole of a heart out, he started whacking the heck out of a closeby tree with his bug net, unknowing of what was above him. After one last hard whack, a pale-yellow structure fell down. It was… A BEEHIVE! To make matters even WORSE for him, the residents in that hive started to grow... VERY ANGRY!!!

Baby Kevin SCREAMED in absolute terror as he frighteningly scrambled into his toy car and drove away in a panic, but the bees all angrily chased and swarmed after him! "HELP ME!!!"

And as he drove away in an absolute frenzy, they could hear him faintly shout...

"MOMMY!!!" Baby Kevin cried as he began getting stung all over while speeding away.

Baby Steven and Connie just chuckled together upon seeing Baby Kevin in such a fate.

“Serves you right!” Baby Steven giggled. “You cheater!”

“Yeah!” Baby Connie agreed. “Don’t mess with the beautiful bugs of the world!”

Fortunately, this meant that now, Baby Pearl had an extra plushie to play with along with her brand new pet, which was thanks to the true Jam Buds of the game. The true players of the game. The true winners of the game. Baby Steven and Baby Connie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

564K 15.6K 149
how peculiar! how will that sit with the crystal gems? -------- yeah, this seems like a fun concept to play with. if a cluster can have sentience w...
114K 2.6K 15
( This story follows the movie plot, so if you didn't watch don't read it. !!Spoiler alert!! ) 2 years later, everything was perfect. Steven has gott...
5.2K 433 24
Imagine Beach City. A normal city, normal people, normal society, a normal school. Or, at least, one can only assume so. Some might say that their sc...
47.7K 1.3K 37
Steven, Homeworld, Danger... Diamonds... Those words don't sound too comforting together, right? Who said this was a comforting story? For Steven and...