365 Moments

By Dumebiherself

Miracle a twenty year old girl with only a year to live , sought out to fulfill one goal hers , make an impac... More

Author's note
First moment
Second Battle
Third battle
Fifth battle
Sixth battle
seventh battle
Eighth battle v
Nineth battle
Tenth battle
Eleventh Battle
Twelveth battle
thirteenth battle
fourteenth battle
fifteenth battle
sixteenth moment
seventeenth
Eighteenth
Nineteenth
twentieth
twenty-first
twenty second .
Epilogue
thank you note

fourth battle

15 2 2
By Dumebiherself

Wednesdays has always been bright  , one of my favorite day of the week ,  Monday being my worse , Monday is like I don't know a day after the weekend reminding you of the fact you have a job you hate to go back to .

Today I decided to go to a book shop to buy some books it's been a while I read a hard cover book so I hurried to the book shop across my street .

I went in and went to the romance section , I started skimming through the books in the section looking for something that might hold my attention but I saw nothing but I didn't give up almost immediately a book with a red cover titled love and lust , the cover was eye catching so I decided to pick it out , I took and I was about to go back to the front desk to pay for it but I hit something no a person I closed my eyes because I thought I was going to fall but the person caught me by my waist .

"Do you always get in trouble?" The male deep voice asked I shook my head trying to dislodge some of the dizziness I felt ,

" What" I looked up and my eyes met a pair of blue ones and my eyes widened " it's you" I said

" You should be more careful I can't be there to save you all the time " he said that and started to walk away but I followed him

" Excuse me ?" I asked he turned " Thank you for helping me that day and for today as well " 

" Appreciation accepted " he said and turned back   " your eyes are beautiful" I said

" Thank you " he replied and walked away.

I went to the front desk to pay for my book and left the book shop just as I stepped outside the guy came out

" Can I get your name please" I asked

" No" he replied curtly

" I am miracle it's nice meeting you Mr?" I said putting my hand out for a handshake he just started at it and stuffed his hand in his pocket .

" You don't need my name " he replied curtly I narrowed my eyes at his rudeness .

" There's absolutely no reason for you to be rude" I say raising my chin and praying to God that I looked intimidating enough .

" Get out of my face " he said and walked past me while pushing his shoulders against me , I gasped , he had no manners whatsoever , who treats a lady like this , for a moment I considered going after him but changed my mind deciding to go home , I had a good book at hand that needed thorough reading .

A few minutes later I got home , the house was silent which means mom must have left for her seminar , I walked to the kitchen and found a bag of shrimp crackers I took it and a bottle of cold frizzy drink and went up to my room . I took off my jeans and put on my comfortable shorts and a tank top , deciding I was comfortable enough I flopped down on my bed and started on my books .

" Mira?!" I heard my name from the living room

" In my room mom !" I replied coming back to reality the door to my bedroom creaked open and my mom peeked in

" What are doing ?" She asked " I went to o the bookstore and decided to buy a few books "

" What's the title?"

" Love and lust"  she nodded

" Come down in a few dinner will be ready "

" I am not sure I want to eat mom " she sighed and left my room

My head started aching and I felt this pain in my ankle I sat up and took a look at my feet it was swollen , I took my pain killers and decided to soak my feet in warm water  after a while the pain seemed to go down I took my feet out and decided to let sleep take me .

I woke up the next morning with body cramps my joints were sore , my head hurt like hell , my breathing was shallow I was struggling to breath , I heaved trying to get my body the much needed oxygen but it was impossible , I tried to yell for my mom but it came out in a low pathetic whisper , tears leaked from my eyes from frustration , I felt my body becoming weaker , I continued trying to breath but it was becoming impossible , with the little strength in me I knocked off the glass of water by my bed side table , almost immediately my mom came bursting into my room  .

" Oh my gosh , miracle" she said as she tried to pick me up

" M..mom o..xy.." I tried to get out while struggling for breath I held on to my chest , I heaved , my mom scurried to the other side of my room where I had my cupboard and a little wall drawer she pulled out my Oxygen mask and went out to get my reserved oxygen , she hurried up and put my mask on my face while connecting the oxygen to it .

I relaxed when I felt the familiar burst of the life sustaining chemical filled my cancerous lungs , I took in the much needed air until I stopped heaving , I felt tears gather at my eyes , I blinked them away trying my utmost best not to let them spill , incidents like this reminded me of how short my life was .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 31.4K 34
"Oh, do you really like me?" I asked him once again. He did something I didn't imagine him to do again. He kissed me once again, but it was only for...
390 65 30
Morgan Adams never expected to start her senior year in a new state. Her plans for an amazing year with her friends were pulled right out from under...
6.5K 243 89
Ella Walter, the new girl. Searching for love yet afraid to find it. Seeking help yet afraid to tell anyone. Body and mind full of scars convincing...
3K 224 23
He was the bad boy, she was the good girl. They'd never thought they would both cross paths. But they did, with one truth or dare game at a party t...