Indomitable - Five Hargreeves...

By sailor_moon10

"I didn't think I would lose you twice..." All (Y/N) was trying to do was get home safely with her family aft... More

1.0 - The End Of Something
1.1 - Meet the Family
1.2 - Back to Work
1.3 - World's Biggest Ball of Twine
1.5 - Pocket Full Of Lightning
1.6 - Kugelblitz
1.7 - Marigold
1.8 - Auf Wiedersehen
1.9 - Brainstorm
1.10 - Wedding at the End of the World*
1.11 - Seven Bells
1.12 - Oblivion
1.13 The End Of Everything

1.4 - Not Part of the Plan

419 7 5
By sailor_moon10

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠...

"You know what? No twine, no mother!"

I woke up to the sound of Five screaming and the feeling of the sharp turn the car made. I fell asleep on the car ride to wherever we were going. I sat at the back, while Klaus was driving and Five was the passenger. 

"Okay, what the actual hell guys!" I raised my voice at them both, a little grumpy because I just woke up. And not very nicely either. Five looked back at me a little annoyed, I could see it on his face. "Klaus decided not to tell us what we are really doing. Go on Klaus, tell her." Five crossed his arms.

Klaus looked guilty. "We are going to Pennsylvania to find my birth mother." He looks back, taking his eyes off the road to look at me.

"What? Dude why didn't you tell us, I wouldn't have come if I knew that."  I complained. What the actual hell? I should've just gotten the information out of them another way. This freaking sucks. "You sound just like Five, (Y/N). No wonder you two are married. Sheesh."

Wait what. Married...?

"What do you mean married?" I leaned forward and rested my elbow on the center console. Five smacked Klaus on the back of his head. They both didn't answer. I'm tired of not knowing anything. I'm finally getting answers, whether they like it or not. "So? Tell me."

Five looked back at me and sighed, running his hands through his hair. "In our timeline," Five looked away from me and stared out the window while Klaus continued to drive. "you and I were married." My eyes widened and my face felt hot.

"We went through the apocalypse together. I didn't think I would lose you a second time." Five continued and glanced back at me once again after reluctantly explaining to me how we were apparently married.

How did he answer everything but nothing at the same time? "What do you mean a second time?" I was perplexed, with my face still feeling hot. Klaus finally decided to say something but it wasn't to answer my question. "Alright everyone off, let's see what all the hype is about."

We pulled up right next to "The World's Biggest Ball of Twine" and the three of us got out of the car and walked up to it. My head is still spinning a bit with the whole marriage thing. I can see Five is spacing out too, even if he was the one who wanted to see this odd tourist attraction. "Yeah, you know. I don't know why but, I thought it would be a lot bigger." Klaus broke the silence once again.

"Seems pretty big to me."

"Ehhh."

"Why are we here again?" 

Five turned around to look at Klaus and me. "Here's the real question. How do you know your birth mother is in Pennsylvania?"

Andddd I'm out.

"Right, I'm waiting in the car," I announced before heading off back to my spot in the borrowed car. It didn't take them long before they followed. 

The vibes were good the rest of the drive and when we finally got to where Klaus said his birth mother was, Five and I waited for him in the car. Five moved to the backseat so I wouldn't be alone.

There was an uncomfortable silence, but I still wanted to know more about the conversation I had with Five earlier. "Five?" I broke the tension and shifted in my seat to face him. He answered before he turned his head to look at me in a way that caught me off guard.

"Yes, honey?"

...

My face turned red embarrassingly fast. No one has ever called me that before. Nor have I ever even been in a relationship before considering I haven't aged since 2003. Five didn't seem to realize what he said.

"How did you lose me twice? Why don't I remember this? Or even remember you for that matter." Questions just kept coming out. I hate it when I ramble but I am curious. Five chuckled and lightly smiled. "Calm down, one question at a time."

(Y/N) you're only here for Marcus. Stay on task. You're supposed to be the nonchalant badass here.

But truly, I'm supposed to hate this guy and somehow, I feel safe around him.

Five completely faced me and began to explain everything, not leaving anything out. From the first apocalypse to the second. He told me how we accidentally got trapped in the first apocalypse and spent more than 45 years together, got married, lived as time-traveling assassins, and grew old with one another. When we finally found a way back to our family, Five got the calculations wrong and aged us back to our 17-year-old bodies.

I laughed so hard at just imagining that, which naturally made Five laugh too.

He tried to continue the story but suddenly, we felt a pulse shove the car. It was so strong that it shoved me towards Five. It all happened so fast that I didn't even realize my lips were on his until his hand came to hold my chin up. Frantically, I jolted back and smacked my hand on my mouth, eyes wide.

Before Five could say anything cheeky, he noticed something behind me. "Wait a minute." He said before getting out of the car and looking around. 

The feeling of something being wrong is growing stronger.

"Oh, can't I get one fucking day off?" Five looked around in exasperation. He went around the car to grab the marker that was in the glove compartment and started doing math on the windows of the car.

Wait, I just kissed Five on accident. How is he calm right now?

Well, I guess since we were married he is used to it. Oh my god, does that mean he's seen--

My rambling thoughts were cut off when I heard Klaus yell my name. "Eight! Five! Start the car! Start the car, would ya!" He yelled at us with flailing arms in the air. What the hell is he running from? 

Oh wow.

Amish people. He's running away from Amish people holding weapons.

I look over at Five and the entire car window is already covered in math equations. He didn't seem to notice his surroundings. "Uh, Five I think we need to go." I tapped his shoulder lightly so he would pay attention. 

"Hurry! Hurry! Hurry, hurry, hurry!" Klaus begs us as he gets closer to us. That's when Five finally looked over his shoulder and processed the scene that was playing out in front of him. He opened the passenger side door for me in a rush and ran around the car to get into the driver's seat. "Why can't you just get along with people, huh?" Five exclaimed visibly annoyed as I quickly got into the car.

"I tried! Really, I did. I tried!" Klaus cried as he neared the car but before he could get into the backseat, an Amish lady yelled at him to wait. "Hold on a second." He told us, walking away from the car.

"And he's the one telling us to hurry?" I raised my eyebrow while looking at Klaus talk to the frantic lady.

"Come on! Get in the car, Klaus! It's now or never!" Five yelled at him and weirdly, Klaus reluctantly got into the car. Five sped off and Klaus gasped while looking at the book the Amish lady gave him. "This whole timeline's chock-full of riddles. Get this. My mom died before I was even born!" Klaus shoved himself in the middle of Five and I and pointed at the pages of the book.

Screeeechhhh

Five stopped the car harshly, not caring about the force. He snapped his neck towards Klaus and I, taking his eyes off the road. Five looked very upset. 

"What did you just say?"

"Yeah."

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡...⋙

The car ride back home was long and draining. Five gave me the option to go back home and I completely forgot about my mission to bring back Marcus. I have a little feeling they have nothing to do with my brother's disappearance but just to be sure, I declined Five's offer and told him I wanted to go with him. To which he replied with a soft smile.

Jeez, I give in easily to anyone with a cute face.

When we got to the hotel they were staying at, it was already dark. Five, Klaus, and I all rushed into the lobby and Five gathered his family around.

"Okay, gather around people. Where, where's Luther?" Five looked around confused.

I know where your brother is but where is mine?

"Haven't seen him."

"Who knows?"

I know.

"Anybody know where-- Okay, you know what? We got bigger problems to worry about." Five finally gave up on trying to figure out where their Number One was.

"Like what? And how is (Y/N) here? I thought she didn't remember us." His sister, Allison looked at me with a confused look on her face. I don't blame her, it is kind of weird that I am here.

Ignoring his sister, Five started to explain his discovery, "Everyone look here. These are our mothers. They're all dead. They all died on the exact same day, October 1st, 1989."

Oh hey, that's my birthday.

"That's our birthday," Viktor mentioned out loud.

"Not anymore it isn't. They all died before we were born." Five continued to ramble on.

"That's dumb. If we weren't born how can we exist?"

"Exactly."

Wait.

"So what you're saying is, when you guys jumped here, you created a, what's it called, time paradox?" I finally put the pieces together out loud. This explains the uneasy feeling I've had ever since these people came to my house. I only know about this because it was in a cartoon I used to watch as a kid. I didn't think it was a real thing.

Well, shit. Anything is possible.

"Not just any paradox. This is the grandfather paradox."

"What the hell is a grandfather paradox?"

This was going to take a while to explain, with the anxious feeling slowly growing inside of me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 2.6K 14
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ season 3 updating chapter by episode for example: ep 1 is chap 1 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ╍╍╍╍...
3.1K 34 14
Y/n and her family finally arrive back to 2019 only to find out they've been replaced by the sparrows except for Ben. He is alive, but different, but...
8.4K 223 62
"I need you, Five Hargreeves. Even though the world is ending. The moon is probably going to explode or the sun will fall and the earth won't ever be...
280K 7.7K 38
(Y/n) was one of the lucky 43 children mysteriously born on October 1, 1989. Her parents however, refused to give her up to Hargreeves, but her fathe...