Flora

By UrJuliaOi

꧁ Love may or may not bloom under certain circumstances but when it does, It outweighs everything. This story... More

Author's note
Unveiling of the settings and Lead Characters
꧁Prologue꧂
꧁Chapter 1꧂
꧁Chapter 2꧂
꧁Chapter 3꧂
꧁Chapter 4꧂
꧁Chapter 5꧂
꧁Chapter 6꧂
꧁Chapter 7꧂
꧁Chapter 8꧂
꧁Chapter 9꧂
꧁Chapter 10꧂
꧁Chapter 11꧂
꧁Chapter 12꧂
꧁Chapter 13꧂
꧁Chapter 14꧂
꧁Chapter 15꧂
꧁Chapter 17꧂
꧁Chapter 18꧂
꧁Chapter 19꧂
꧁Chapter 20 ꧂

꧁Chapter 16꧂

134 15 21
By UrJuliaOi

Playing: Grandes études de Paganini, No.6, Quasi Presto a capriccio. "Themes and Variations."

Under the heat of the sunlight, fond gestures are exchanged while the folks that dotted the venue was ever so joyful as they converse with each other. Some comes with good news, some are exchanging compliments whether it'd be sincere and genuine or undisclosed lies and some bringing the ever so potent scandals with them while others just has things to brag about. Some princesses are seen sitting down under the shade of the tents as they sipped on their tea with their own teas being exchanged after every sip. Princes are seen playing golf and whatever sport is applicable in such an event whilst some are just strolling across the scene, taking in what nature has to offer to them.

One particular lad who happens to also be one of the two highlights of the event was enjoying himself way too much near the pantry of food that was displayed for them to consume. He loves bread so dearly that he can't miss the opportunity to munch on different varieties of such that his face was dotted with bread crumbs and fillings that stuck on it. Whilst he was occupied by the leisure of eating, his fiancé however was at her wit's end. Chastising him endlessly as she held a handkerchief, wiping off the mess he made on his face as she 'attempts' to halt him from consuming all the bread that laid on the table, afraid that there'd be nothing more for others to consume later.

"Would you stop eating as if you haven't eaten in a millennia? You are seriously humiliating me right now." She whisper-yelled, standing on her tippy toes as she reached for his ears whilst eyeing the numerous pairs of eyes that stared at them.

"How do you expect me to stop? Bread is literally the best thing in the world! Am I right Terry?" He queried the lad in front of him whilst his cheeks appeared swollen as he continued to stuff bread onto his mouth while he speaks. Terry only nodded as he chuckled at the Prince's antics. At first sight, he never would've thought that the Prince who screamed power, authority and cold-heartedness actually has the capability to have his demeanor do a 180. He presumed it was because of two reasons, one being his fiancé and second being bread. He was even startled at first when he saw the freshly dressed Prince dash towards his direction with his hair still dampened by the lake's water.

"I never regretted hiring you, Mr. Terry! I always knew you'd be the baker who has the capability of satisfying my picky palates! My nose certainly never betrays me!" He complimented as he kept chewing. Julia beside him however heaved a sigh of defeat as she turned to look away from the sight of sore eyes that continues to unfold beside her. Where did the intimidating Prince Steve go when she needed him the most?

Irked by the thoughts that ran through her mind, she clicked her tongue and walked out of the scene, trying to suppress the groan she has been keeping inside her. Steve noticed this and put down the food that rested on the palm of his hands, guilt was now beginning to eat him up. This was the first time Princess Julia truly became mad at him and although he doesn't have the faintest clue as to why she was trying to halt him from eating aside from what she stated earlier about her being humiliated but whatever the reason may be, she is in need of pacifying.

He decided to make a sprint for it and pursue his sulking partner. For him, it was a shallow reason to be upset but what he doesn't realize was that she was in her period and in addition to that, she basically has him in a tight-leash. With his towering height, he managed to catch up to the lass pretty swiftly as he grabbed one of her wrist, careful to put gentle pressure into it enough to secure her under his grip. The lass turned to his direction and shot him a death glare in a nanosecond, effectively making him shiver under her gaze and presence.

"Look, I am terribly sorry for being so stubborn. I-I can't find the words to stress this enough....I am just so sorry." He apologized, his eyelashes were trembling as his body continues to shiver under her hostile presence. It was at the very least, unbearable. But he has to bear it if he strives to earn her forgiveness.

Noticing his tensed state, Julia's face slowly softened as she held his chin and made him look into her eyes. He was looking down as he stood in front of her timidly, he had the authority, power and all yet he appeared like a dampened rabbit in front of his fiancé. He'd win every duality competition out there if there is.

"Forgiveness granted, now let's make haste. We shall call for the ton's attention and announce the commencement of the Royal Sports Tournament." Julia did not see the need for her to be dwelling too much unto this matter and so she disregarded it all off and diverted her focus on the more important matter at hand. That is, the event that shall transpire in a week.

Steve let out a sigh of relief as he flashed the girl a heart-melting smile. It was indeed a relief that she was in control of her demeanor in a snap. He could never be like that. He easily lose his temper and will take a while for him to regain it so her being by his side would make it a whole lot better for him. He tends to snap at workers when they are doing a rubbish job the same way he snapped at Kai Lefsued Huening upon the news of Prince Ben's disappearance.

Julia went near a table and grabbed a wine glass along with a teaspoon and went up the platform so she can overlook the crowds that dotted the said place. She cleared her throat and raised the empty wine glass. She hit it with the teaspoon three times, earning the tangled attentions of the ton, diverting it into her.

"A pleasant day to each and everyone. I, Princess Julia Colette Choi of Azalea is here standing in front of you to announce the commencement of this year's Royal Sports Tournament. This eventful tradition that has been taking place for centuries is to be hosted and facilitated by this very nation, Azalea. Prince and Princesses that are present are encouraged to take part and represent their respective nations in various sports. We are wishing for your participation, merci beaucoup." She announced, earning applauses from the ton. She had always been rumored to have a singing voice so beautiful it could put you into a reverie yet no one outside the royal family had heard of it.

Prince Steve had heard of this rumor. If Princess Julia is to be talked about, the first topic that will surely ignite would be about that rumor. And he can't help but to dwell into deep thinking over this matter. He stood there motionlessly, staring into nothingness as Princess Julia entertained questions from the crowd. For what reason did Princess Julia call for his presence? For him to be standing behind her doing nothing? This question will certainly be left unanswered yet this was none of his concerns as he ponders over the thing he's anticipating the most. Making her sing for him.

Perhaps a lullaby from her would be great. As he grins over the thought, his eyes caught the sight of Daniel, looking back at him whilst crossing his arms giving him a teasing look. His façade that once showed an array of emotions quickly became deprived of such in a snap. He glared at the lad and rolled his eyes ever so slightly as for the ton to not notice this displeasing action. Daniel only chuckled at this as he shook his head and sauntered back to where Lucy was sitting, he can't risk leaving her alone for too long anyway. He just came to pay attention to what Princess Julia was announcing which turned out to be none of his concern now that he has a family to be busy with.

He used to ace fencing and horse racing back when he still was participating in the said competition, bringing utmost pride to his home country. A small smile crept on his lips, if there is someone to represent their kingdom this year, it'd surely be none other than Ben. Steve was never really the sporty person as he was only able to show interest in fencing and horseback riding. He was more fond into visual arts, he paints still life and self portrait in certain occasions but he never really did make it as his passion, not when he always occupies himself with his studies and the workload of his position.

Ben on the other hand always loved anything related to combats. He was quite proficient with a number of fighting styles too yet Daniel learned a whole lot more than him being the eldest among them who frequently travels to different parts of the world. He puts up quite a fight with him whenever they spar and he can actually say that he has serious potential. All those pondering had Daniel scanning his eyes unto the crowd, searching for his youngest brother's figure which he eventually found trailing behind Princess Joanne. He heaved a sigh of disappointment and shook his head pinching the bridge of his nose, he never does anything well other than combating and it shows with how he approaches Joanne and how he handles his feelings for her. Imbecile is a rather harsh term to describe him but none can ever fit like a puzzle piece other than that word.

Joanne on the other hand has been enduring the pain of being present in the said event. So far, the foods were the only thing she enjoyed although she'd prefer her classic dear meat, wild boar or salmon. Spending her precious time in this "irrelevant" event was one thing but having to deal with Ben's presence was a hundred and she couldn't help but to wanna wipe the grin off of his face. Throwing him her deadliest glare proved to be futile as it didn't even made him flinch nor feel scared at all. She felt so loved and for some reasons, she liked the feeling yet she also hated that she was liking the feeling at the same time. Talk about self conflict.

She hastened her pace and walked towards the more peaceful part of the Royal Garden. There were no one at sight except for her and the irksome lad that trailed behind her. He kept shouting her name and Joanne wasn't having it given that they were just literally 3 meters away from each other. Back at the event, he called for her name unendingly earning numerous stares from other royalties. Some were just watching Ben's antics unfold whilst some were having hard feelings over the scenario they are witnessing.

Whispers were faintly heard and Joanne could only scoff and roll her eyes as she navigated through the suffocating place. Everything in this place irked her and it was best to leave as she doesn't even have any important business nor role to fulfill. She hastened her pace even more in hopes of making the lad who's trailing behind lose track of her. As she entered the Palace, she pants heavily as she sauntered across the halls on the way to her room.

A considerable amount of time later and she was finally facing the door of her room. She heaved a sigh of relief and twisted the doorknob. The door was then closed after entering and she immediately loosened the suffocatingly tight corset that wrapped her waist. She began undressing herself and walked towards her closet, opening it to grab the clothes she'll be wearing.

After picking the right garments, she placed it on the edge of the bed. For some unknown reasons, the bed looks odd. As curiosity got the best of her, she went closer to the headboard slowly. She pinched the blanket and lift it up only to unveil the lad she's been running from.

"Oh you're here-AHHHHH!!!" Joanne, for the first time since the start of this story finally screamed. No vicious and intimidating wild animal nor any degree of physical pain could ever make her scream more than a lad seeing her entirety.

The lad couldn't utter a single word and he was unmoving, his mind was trying its hardest to process this situation and conclude a plausible response yet he sat there still at the bed with eyes widened staring into something that isn't supposed to be stared at. Before he could utter a syllable, he was rendered unconscious.

By Joanne's mighty fists. He was punched.

The other side of the lake was filled with laughter, gossips, music and any other sounds a mere human could make. It was at the very least, noisy. It didn't match the vibe Princess Catherine was looking for given that she wanted peace and has always had it whenever she strolls at the Royal Garden up until now so she and Kai decided to saunter into the more serene parts of the garden. Despite the noise, somehow the swans still manage to maintain the grace they've been known for and the view of them in the lake water that was glistening upon contact with the sunlight was a very familiar sight for her.

She's seen it, seen it all. She felt it right in the deepest depths of her heart. The dream she had that night was unfolding right before her eyes, turning into reality. The Deja Vu.

"Everything about this, feels awfully familiar." She mutteringly stated, eyes still glued on the scenic view before her eyes.

Kai snaked his arms around his waist and hugged her figure from the back, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"It does? How so?" He queried, mischief painted in his face and lacing in his words. Catherine raised her eyebrows as she diverted her gaze towards the lad, she's clearly enervated by this as he just ruined the mood.

"Okay, I suppose it's a shame that I did not arrive riding the white horses in our dream though, isn't it?" He finally succumbed, leaning in the stone-carved railing.

"I don't need no white horse though, did you perhaps think I needed those more than you? There are thousands of those here in Azalea." She faced the lad beside her completely as she stepped closer to him ever so slowly never breaking the eye contact they drowned themselves in. As they were close enough to touch, Catherine rested her head on his chest and caressing his arms. She could feel his heartbeat somersault yet as odd as it may sound, she found it comforting to listen to.

"Everything means nothing if I don't have you." She whispered soft and slow, she could drop everything now if it meant being with him.

She looked up to meet his enticing gaze that showed nothing but love and affection. Just his gaze was strong enough to make her feel right. The lad broke their eye contact and looked at her lips. She noticed it and her heartbeat somersaulted with both the  deja vu and anticipation she's feeling.

He raised his eyebrows slightly as if to ask for permission and Catherine gave him a small and gentle smile.  With the cue, he finally leaned in closer and crashed their lips gently for a long and passionate kiss. He made sure to express his love for her through this kiss. The love that never withered through the years and miles they've been apart. Time and distance were their ultimate hurdles yet it miserably failed to shatter the love they shared.

In the midst of their kiss, a lad from a distance was fuming with anger. He clenched his fist and glared at them with utmost sharpness that it could pierce through a titanium. With mind clouded with fury, he charged at them and broke off the kiss, catching the lovers off-guard as Catherine could only gasp in pure shock when Sunghoon punched Kai in the face, the punch was so strong that Kai fell to the ground.

Kai was equally shocked at his childhood bestfriend's action. They used to always bond together when they were mere children, figure skating and ice hockey were some of their favorite things to do together as both of  them resides in the icy regions of the world. They always get so riled up with friendly competitions but it never crossed their minds that they'd have to compete over a girl for real.

"You tainted her dignity! You deserve death!" He angrily shouted, gripping on Kai's collar tightly.

"What are you talking about Prince Sunghoon? I am with him! We are in a relationship!" Catherine exclaimed, too scared to step any closer.

"I am just trying to protect you, Princess. You don't deserve to be molested by this low-life lad!" He explained, still gripping on Kai's collar ever so tightly.

Kai was too shocked with the words Sunghoon uttered. He talked as if he didn't knew who he was, he didn't even saw any joy in Sunghoon's eyes as if he didn't just found his childhood bestfriend who have gone missing for the last five years. All Sunghoon cared was to take Catherine all to himself and now that Kai connected the dots, utmost fury came rushing through his veins.

"Now Ma cherie, if you wouldn't mind, please go and report this lad to the guards for them to sentence him with death penalt-" Sunghoon's words were cut off when Kai broke free from his grasp and punched him even stronger. He panted heavily as he briefly glared at Sunghoon who was laying flat on the ground, attempting to stand up.

He rushed and bent down to tightly grip on his collar and lifted him up in the air.

"For what, Sunghoon?" Kai queried with a pissed tone.

Kai used to always tell Sunghoon of stories about Catherine and he used to doze off when Kai unendingly talk his speeches. He never showed interest towards Catherine but upon Kai and Prince Daniel's disappearance, something seemed to have awakened in him.

"Just accept it low-life peasant, you will never be with someone as graceful and as beautiful as someone like Princess Catherine. I am the only one who's worthy of such splendid grace and beauty!" He stated, seemingly taunting Kai to give him a strong blow once again.

Kai however didn't oblige, he let go of his collar and dropped Sunghoon to the ground. It was a wrong move for him to hold on to the past friendship they had as Sunghoon charged towards him with breakneck speed, rendering them to fall into the lake with a huge splash.

Thankfully, the venue of the Royal Tea Party was quite a distance away from them and the music was at its loudest so not a single soul had heard or seen it transpire except for Catherine who was too shocked at what she was witnessing. She sat on the grass as her heart held uncountable overwhelming emotions. She was trembling and tears were brimming her eyes.

She was the polar opposite of her older sister. If her older sister loved chaos, combats and wilderness, she was the exact opposite which placed her as a Princess who has chosen to abide with the absolute rule of being a royalty. And to witness such thing, she can't help but weep.

Kai and Sunghoon got out of the water and just as then glared at each other. They fixed their stance, their senses heightened and attention fully focused on each other. This has happened too many times in the past that they've lost count but this one is the real deal. They pulled out their sword and the sound of it made Catherine weep even harder alarming Sunghoon and Kai's attention.

Catherine shut her eyes and held her head low, she covered her ears with her hands as she cried uncontrollably. Kai sent a final death glare towards Sunghoon as he put his sword back before rushing to Catherine in an attempt to calm her down.

As Kai was caressing her back, Sunghoon stepped closer towards them.

"Duel, tommorow 6 a.m in the outskirts of the forsaken district." Sunghoon said bluntly with jaw clenched. He didn't wait for Kai's answer and walked away, leaving the two behind.

Kai couldn't believe what Sunghoon has turned into. Did he changed? Or was he actually like this all along?

___________________________

I'm back lmao (not sure) maybe this is just a quick visit to y'all. These ideas have been bugging me lately that I couldn't help but to finally write it away in this story. No taeryeong for this update cuz Yunkai's tea was so hot it needs to be spilled. There were lyrics from Taylor Swift songs too. My favorite Taylor Swift album is "Speak Now" y'all better listen to all of its tracks. Anyways, please please tell me your thoughts in the comments and vote! Also follow me if you'd be willing to. Ciao! ☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 2.3K 31
❝crazy right? the things you do for love?❞ ✎ in which time is reversed and she had another chance 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗶�...
5.2K 296 16
"Do you believe in fairytales?" - C.YJ. "Not really." - C.BG. "Want me to change your mind?" - C.YJ. When Beomgyu happens to make new friends in his...
198K 9.5K 48
⊱┊in which two best friends are both oblivious to their feelings towards each other + THE DREAM SERIES: BOOK FIVE ➴ txt | hueningkai ➴ written on mar...
50.3K 2.1K 31
❝Your existence changes my world like magic. I'm not in pain anymore❞ ㅡ CROWN👑 ☕ : lyrical story. ☕ : soobin x reader. ☕ : my first ff book. ☕ : low...