The Epic : In a different sit...

By Dr_Aim4

The epic Mahabharata thought in a different way... What if Karna and Pandavas got reunited? What if Draupadi... More

Acknowledgement
Character Sketch
Part 1 : The Truth
Part 2 : The Search
Part 3 : Known to younger clan
Part 4 : The unwelcomed welcome in Hastinapur
Part 5 : The Meet with Brothers
Part 6 : The Unfortunate Encounter
Part 7 : The Battle Of Truth
Part 8 : A Day With The Brothers
Part 9 : Love from the parents
Part 10 : Family Reunion
Part 11 : The Celestial Bond Of Friendship
Part 12 : Blooming Love
Part 13 : The Ceremony
Part 14 : The Impact Of War On Minds & Hearts
Part 15 : The War
Part 16 : Auspicious Occasion
Part 17 : The Danger Ahead
Part 18 : The Suspicion
Part 19 : The Danger Of the Forest
Part 20 : The Unparalleled Love
Part 21 : The Realisation And Proposal Of Love
Part 22 : The Unison Of The Lovers
Part 23 : The Anger
Part 25 : The Worst Politics
Part 26 : The Choice And The Decision
Part 27 : The Division Of the Kingdom
Part 28 : The Meet With Duryodhan
Part 29 : The Winner
Part 30 : Marriage Plans
Part 31 : The Impending Danger
Part 32 : The War For Survival
Part 33 : Teased By Family
Part 34 : Pre-marriage Vibes
Part - 35 : Clearing Of Doubts
Part 36 - Entrance Of Narada
Part - 37 : Continuation Of Flashback
Part 38 : Thoughts
Part 39 : Confrontation
Part 40 : Plans For Fight
Part 41 : Emotional Battle
Part 42 : Planning Of War
Part 43 : Useless Banter Of Brothers 🤭
Part 44 : Mother-Son Convo
Part 45 : The Bonds
Sorry
Part 46 : Good News
Part 47 : The Fight
Part 48 : Naughty Childhood Of Krishna
Part 49 : Birth Of Krishna
Part 50 : Killing The Demons (Part 1)
Cover
Part 51 : Killing Of Demons (Part 2)
Part 52 : Krishna's Marriage
Announcement Of Marriage

Part 24 : The Swayamvar

2.7K 76 47
By Dr_Aim4

Draupadi

The youngest daughter of Maharaj Drupad... Was born from the fire... Emerged from the pure flames as the result of an offering in the sacred fire...

Drupad : Arjun, my daughter doesn't know anything... She's like a new born child... She got born few months ago... Please forgive her behavior... I'm apologising on behalf of her...

Arjun : Maharaj... Apology isn't needed... She has insulted my eldest brother... I just told her the facts she's unknown about...

Drupad : Arjun... This competition can be won by you both... If you don't participate in this, my daughter will remain a bachelor for her lifetime... Please son... Relieve me from the stress...

Arjun : I'm sorry Maharaj... I can't... She has insulted my eldest brother and his skills... I can't marry her...

Karna : Arjun... Stop there... I know what she did was wrong but do you expect her to know that I'm the eldest son of Maharaj Pandu where the whole world doesn't know this? They know me as the son of a charioteer... My pitashri Adhirath... And I don't have any complaints about that... I accept them as my parents... Though they aren't biological but they were the ones who made me what I'm... I don't have any grudges against her, Arjun...

Arjun : I accept everything Jyesth... But that doesn't give her the right to talk about your rights, lineage and limits...

Drupad : Son, I apologise for all what she said... But if you leave now, my daughter won't be able to marry... Please understand my situation too...

Arjun : Maharaj... I'm really sorry... But I already have someone in my mind and heart... And I love her... I can't marry someone else...

Drupad : Kings or Princes can marry more than once Arjun...

Arjun : I know Maharaj... But it pains the wives too... To see her husband talking or laughing with some other woman... I'm sorry Maharaj... I can't accept that...

Karna : Arjun... This is my order... You have to participate in the competition...

Arjun : As you wish Jyesth... I will participate in the competition... But I'm really sorry... I can't marry her...

Karna : Fine... If you don't want to marry, then just participate... Draupadi would marry any one she likes from the other 4...

Drupad : As you all wish son... But please save my daughter from humiliation...

Arjun : Ok... I will participate... Let the princess choose her husband...

Karna : Go ahead...

With this, Arjun took the bow, attached the bow string and held an arrow in his hand... With perfection, he held the arrow and dragged the arrow attached with the bow string... He then concentrated on the target... With swiftness, he released his arrow and it hit the target... Flowers were showered on him from the above and trumpets started blowing... Krishna came to him and hugged his long lost friend...

Subhadra was amazed when Arjun announced his love... She was at a loss of words... She never knew that Arjun would understand her situation or any other woman's situation... She fell in love all over again for him... She started blushing just at the prospect of marrying him...

On the other hand, the brothers were in a problem... They were angry on Draupadi... They knew what she said was because she didn't knew about the truth... But that doesn't give her the right to question his lineage, rights and limits...

But they couldn't disobey their eldest's order too...

So they had no other option than to wait and see who gets to be the husband of Draupadi...

Leaving the part of her insult, Draupadi was a definition of beauty... Her body curves were perfect and she was the epitome of beauty... The brothers once saw her beauty and were mesmerised... They tried to forget the incident and just concentrate on her...

Draupadi's mind and heart was in a fix... She had loved Arjun at the first site... But just because of Karna Arjun refused to participate... She doesn't understand what wrong she did... She saw Karna participating in the competition... She knew he was of lower caste... And being a lady of higher caste how can she allow a Suta to marry her? But Arjun didn't understand her situation... Her father too didn't understand...

And now she needed to marry one of the other 4 brothers just because of an order by Karna... She couldn't help but blame Karna for everything...

If he weren't present, Arjun would have participated in the competition and would have married her... But her destiny had other plans for her... She couldn't decide whom she should marry... Her love for Arjun disallowing the others to be perfect...

She finally decided to marry Yudhishtir... With this, she could anyways see Arjun everyday... She could atleast take care of him...

She slowly stepped forward and went towards Yudhishtir... The face of the other 4 brothers were worth watching too... They were too angry with whatever Draupadi said... But though they were angry, they realised that Draupadi didn't have any fault too... She was unknown of the fact that Karna was their eldest brother... Also if she had known, she would have accepted him as her husband...

But what they didn't knew was Draupadi was already blaming Karna for the spoiling of her marriage...

After Draupadi made Yudhishtir wear the garland, the people present there broke into applause... Soon enough, the royal priest came and started performing the rituals... Finally, after few hours they were declared as husband and wife...

As the brothers started leaving for their small house with Draupadi, Krishna, Balaram and Subhadra too accompanied them...

As they reached their home, they saw Kunti praying to Lord Shiva... The brothers remembered their mother saying something about a special puja and a vrat for the same... Karna stepped in and informed Kunti about Yudhishtir's marriage...

Karna : Mata... See Yudhishtir has brought a beautiful daughter in law for you...

Kunti : What?? Yudhishtir has married someone?? Let me see my daughter in law...

As Kunti came out, she was astonished with the beauty of Draupadi... She was happy for Yudhishtir... Finally the throne of Hastinapur got its queen...

Kunti also noticed Krishna, Subhadra and Balaram's presence there... She told her sons to sit and talk while she prepared something for them...

During this discussion, Krishna told the brothers that they should now return to Hastinapur... Duryodhan now knows about the survival of the brothers... And he may try to harm them now...

Yudhishtir agreed to Krishna's suggestions... On the other hand, Arjun's mind wasn't present there... He was busy staring at Subhadra who was blushing sensing his gaze... Arjun desperately wanted to talk to Subhadra but knew that it wouldn't look good to stand up in front of the elders and take out Subhadra... So he calmed his urge to do so...

Krishna understood the situation of Arjun... He knew that both of them needed some time to be with each other... He even saw Subhadra... Subhadra's face was bright at the sight of Arjun... She too had that look on her face which told that she too wanted to be with Arjun... Finally Krishna came up with a solution...

Krishna : I want to say something...

Kunti : Son... You're the only person who can perfectly enlighten my sons... Say what do you want to say...

Krishna : Bua... As you have wished about the marriage of Subhadra and Arjun, our parents want to bless them on this auspicious occasion... They have invited him to stay with us in Dwarka...

Kunti : That's really a good news my son... Arjun, go and stay for some time in Dwarka...

Arjun : As you wish Mata...

Arjun will go to Dwarka... Some romantic scenes ahead... Would love if you comment on your views... Tune in for the next update...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 1.1K 15
What if Karna was the incarnation of one of the strongest Warriors of Treta Yuga (Second Age)? What if he was an ansh of Mahadev? What if Lord Surya...
50.9K 2.7K 30
ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇꜱ ᴄᴀɴ ᴇꜰꜰᴇᴄᴛ ꜰᴀᴛᴇ. ᴛʜᴏꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʀᴇꜰᴜꜱᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ʏɪᴇʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ꜰᴀᴛᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴀ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇᴅ ᴘᴀᴛʜ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇʟᴅᴇꜱᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴀꜱʜɪ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇꜱꜱ; ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ ᴡʜᴏ ʀᴇꜰᴜꜱ...
166K 9.9K 51
This is the story of two assassins, who travel back in time to the era of the Mahabharata..... ----------- Dishita and Aditya, two master assassins...
42.7K 2.9K 31
Time, the ruler of all, is a force that cannot be changed by anyone, not even gods or kings. It follows its own rules, and only the supreme power can...