Must Be Deja Vu (Lumity Colle...

By xX_LightGlyphs_Xx

(Cover art is 100% mine, don't believe me? My insta is @Pixxl_GLYPHY) (Based upon the song 'Deja Vu' by O... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
bonus chapter (senior year)
!IMPORTANT! Author's note(2024) Creator Support!

Chapter Five.

770 21 18
By xX_LightGlyphs_Xx

I was grateful for the nights Boscha and Willow weren't.. you know. Mandarin often slept near my head whether it was on my pillow, on me with his head tucked under my chin, or on the shelf above my head.
He always woke me up by spreading his paws open on my face, filling his dish with the kibbles he happily eats at the food.

Leaving my bedroom door open I begin making myself something quick to eat, sitting down at the couch since we lack a table I watch Mandarin look around.
Laughing gently as I wash off my plate when I finish eating, I use a hand signal to get him to sit, he follows obediently.
Kneeling down I feed him a treat then put his vest on, his lips pull into a happy catlike smile.

He seems so eager to be put on a leash when I walk to the front door, clipping on the red leash to the back loop of his vest his tags jingle.
I was about to walk out when Boscha's voice says tiredly "cute cat.. where'd you find them?" He sits down irritably when I turn around "just at the mall in the city- his name is Mandarin." She chuckles softly and kneels down, walking over he sniffs the shirt Boscha is wearing.
Walking back to me he rubs up against my leg, indicating to me almost immediately that the shirt is Amity's. " I find it ironic that you're a giant yet you can wear your short ass girlfriend's shirts perfectly." She blushes and goes to retaliate, but I'm already heading downstairs with a smirk on my face.

First to class like always Mandarin sniffs at Raine, then sits in front of my feet. Suddenly he lifts up his head and looks straight at the door. Multiple loud student come in, making me jump. Setting his front paws on my legs I lift him up and sit on the chair behind my drum set, nuzzling under my chin he purrs loudly to calm me.
The three students notice him and approach swiftly, Mandarin hisses protectively as I lean back. "That is a legal, registered service animal girls- they are working right now." Raine says starnly, a short brunette whines with an "aww... couldn't I at least pet them? They're so cute.."

I stand up as she goes to reach for him and say with a firm, irritated look "it is basic rule number one to not distract a service animal from his or her work.. petting him will distract him from fixing my current anxiety attack."
Putting up my hand I raise a finger, "so no approaching him without making yourself known." I raise a second finger, "no signals, noises, hoots, hollers or whistles to get his attention." Raising a third finger I sigh heavily "when that vest is on.. only I can command him to do something."

She pouts, walking away with her arms crossed. Skara walks in and smiles at me, "cute cat Luz!" I nod and pet him, he smiles in his unique manner.

Sitting cross legged on the couch I rest fully on the back, Mandarin stretches out and lays on the arm. Boscha approaches me with a five dollar bill, standing up I groan. "We're not.. you know.. having sex, Luz. Just you know how-.. close. We get."
I feel my eyebrows upturn in slight pain, she nibbles on her lip with a blush "I mean.. since I'm- yeah.. I won't break a bone if you kiss her.."

I shake my head "you and Amity.. even if you have a side girl, are a couple. I made a mistake last time and I don't want to repeat it.. if she initiates. Sure I guess.. but I don't think I'll be initiating."
Whistling swiftly Mandarin hops down, he rubs on Boscha's sweatpants then sits so I can clip the leash to his collar. Walking downstairs I take a detour to the vending machine and purchase some snacks, walking down to the end of the single dorm hall I knock on the door. The gold eyed woman smiles as she opens the door, hair up in a long ponytail. Waving me in Mandarin meows loudly to gather her attention, she kneels down to let him jump into her arms.

I smile as she makes her way back to her small kitchen area, her dorm was exactly like my own but with two doors instead of my three.
She had a comfortable expensive looking velour couch and a not too big, not too small flatscreen. An old Nintendo 64 and a Game Cube layed on the tv table, she is a major fan of old consoles and adored the Paper Mario games she got for the GC.
Kissing Mandarin's nose she smiles before giggling, he mews contentedly.
Sitting a respectful distance away from her on the couch I smile, jumping up seeing she distracted herself she hands me Mandarin before shutting off the burner. When she returns she sits down a bit closer than before.

"So.. how's Vee? I heard she lives in a quad dorm a few floors up-" I laugh, remembering her on a call telling her girlfriend to stop playing with her ears.
It's so.. cute. Her and Maya. Vee has a genetic line that actually died thousands of years ago, they were called 'greater basilisks' she is one out of twenty in the whole United states.
I have a lot less than Vee but I have that line too, my skin on occasion will spot with the peach color my basilisk form has, but I never get the ears, tail or full form.
"She's alright.. she's chill with her dorm mates because they traded dorms to be together."

Sighing loudly she giggles, I rest on the arm of her couch and smile. Stretching out she lays her head right on my lap and smirks in a defiant manner, her knees sway in and out as Mandarin lays on her.
I guide the tip of my index finger along her hairline, my smile soft and small. "What about you and Bosch?" I ask softly, to know how Boscha treats her away from Willow. "It's alright.. she spoils me like a dog but, that makes up for the absolute zero sex I get." I snort loudly then laugh wholeheartedly, she giggles and runs her fingertips along my thigh in an innocent manner. It's so platonic.. her mannerism right now. "Sorry we're just friends Am- and sorry for not wanting to be a friend with benefits. Maybe you should press onto her about the subject- I promise I won't beat off to you two."

She covers her face to laugh, a blush appearing as a side effect to her laughter. A sigh ends her laughter, setting her hands underneath her head she gets a sudden shiver. Standing up she approaches the small electric heating unit, after a few loud beeps the air turns to a soothing toasty warm. Regaining her spot on the couch she resumes her position, she smiles in comfort "mmm... much better. The principal keeps the heat too low every time of year."
Seeing her comfortable.. laying there, a bright close lipped smile with her eyes closed. She was totally in her own zone, spacing off to think about whatever.

It was about fifteen minutes later her breathing settled, she'd gotten too comfortable with the heat she just.. fell asleep. It was cute I had to admit. She mumbled something every long while or so, turning to her side my stomach hollows out when I feel her breath hit my skin.
Another long while and she opens her eyes with a whine, she looks up at me with an innocent manner. Nestling closer to me I feel my cheeks get hot with a blush, "it's so dark.. when did the lights turn off?" I run my fingers through her hair and murmur "thirty minutes after you fell asleep and after I put a lid on your pan to keep the flies away.."

Looking at the stove she mumbles something and sits up, her hair a whole matter of frizzy. " I had the most fucked up dream.." she mumbles into her hands, I can't help but laugh "what, did Boscha finally go down on you?"
She groans a mess of noises "sadly, no."

A sigh excapes her, I could swear I could taste her sexual frustration.
I start to laugh but quickly shut myself up, her golden eyes glare at me. Smiling nervously I jump when Mandarin rubs against me, my heart going all wild.

It was probably midnight when I returned to my dorm, I didn't even care to make myself the dinner I missed, my body took me to the empty bathroom.
I let the shower run as I closed the door, stripped off the clothes I had on and looked up at myself in the mirror. Turning my body I lift my arm to study the pink scars on my chest, muscular now but is a comfortable flat. I hated binders anyways..
My body got immediate shivers as I stepped into the warm water, a heavy sigh came out sounding wet as water spilt on my lips. Cursing out myself when my strawberry scented shampoo gets in my eye I grumble, Mandarin meows then paws at the door. With a quick 'no' he trots off.

My body sagged as my muscles relaxed, it was pleasant but I knew I needed to get out soon or risk the water heater shutting off.
Like clockwork five minutes later the water turned instantly cold as ice, my body tensed as I shut it off, cooled air licking at my body. Walking to the mirror I pull out a small bottle of emu oil, putting some on my hands I coat my surgery scars till the oils gleam disappears. It's to help the scars fade.

Pulling on the new pair of loose boxers and charcoal grey sweatpants, I take no mind at walking straight out of the bathroom with my dirty clothes under my arm.
Boscha's deep voice chokes on a liquid that is probably not water, glancing at her I raise an eyebrow. Her face is almost as red as her hair, I look down to see if I have something on me but I just raise my head and ask "what?"
She waves a large circle at my exposed upper half " I uh- fuck- um.. wow I mean literally WOW. I hate to sound pervy but you must be a dream to look up at during.. that." I roll my eyes and head to my room, laying on my stomach I hug my pillow and sigh.

Mandarin hops onto my back and lays close to the wall,  my cheeks coat with a soft blush as I recall what Boscha said.. I haven't had much experience to know if that's true.. Amity was my first and last.. don't get me wrong, I did try to date in DC when we broke up but, I was a lone duck being a small city kid from Connecticut.
It was an experience.. that's the least I could say.
I was just about to fall asleep when my door suddenly opens, turning over I see Amity about ready to flow thick tears "I..I need Mandarin please.." Mandarin's head pops up from beside me, quickly pulling on a shirt I carefully grab her arms and sit her down. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Holding Mandarin close to herself she looks at me with wide eyes, "there's a big fight downstairs and I can't handle it."
Standing up I feel my face fill with anger, pulling my blankets over her I hold out my hands. "I'll  be right back.. do you want your girlfriend or are you fine with Mandi?" She frowns and hugs Mandarin, indicating she doesn't want to be crowded.
Jogging downstairs I understand what Amity was talking about, two girls have woke up the entire floor of single dorms and are practically screaming at each other.

"Shut your LOUD, little miss perfect mouths UP! it's one in the FUCKING morning and I have an exam in six hours!" I say unintentionally yelling as loud as them, huffing out heavy breaths from the trip downstairs. The blonde looks at me as the light brunette freezes, "you have woken up.. this entire floor and the next up. My damn best friend is having an anxiety attack because of you two. Go. To bed. Before someone calls the dean on you."

Taking out a sheet of paper I tap the teleportation glyph and flick my finger up to fully activate it, I appear into my room.
Amity looks up at me with glossy eyes.
Pulling her into a tight embrace I mumble little reassuring compliments to her.

Eyes puffy and red, dark circles under her eyes, tears staining her face in long streaks. She falls asleep against me, face pressed to my collarbone.. she practically cried herself to sleep like a small child.
It was new to see her cry so harshly, I was instantly worried if I caused this by leaving but I knew not to blame myself. This was the stillest she'd ever slept, I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried. She seemed to settle when I kissed her forehead, body sagging into the mattress, face going neutral rather than tense.
I sighed in relief and let my lips stay on her forehead. My best friend.. the cutest girl, the strongest woman.. my.. best.. friend.. just passed out on me over stress and I'm just laying here- not pulling her closer to give her more warmth, not tuck the blanket further around her. I'm frozen.

I want to sleep so I can be rested for the not at all a lie exam.. but, I can't. I want to see her eyes open up at five and to hear her say she's okay.
She shifts a little, making me panic, until she wraps her arm around my waist and presses her body further into my own. My body comes out of it's shell, wrapping my arms comfortably around her she exhales a sigh. I almost laughed at how petite and small Amity was in this current moment, she was like a little teddy bear, her body curled up in a loose ball with her hand just barely being able to touch my back.
I studied her face, no makeup.. just her. Eyes gently closed, eyes under her eyelids roaming from her dream, lips just slightly parted for her to occasionally switch out from the constant breathing from her nose, cheeks slightly flushed rose pink.
Her lips still held the glossy residue of her nude pink lip gloss.

She takes a large, sudden inhale, her golden eyes opening halfway to look at me. Resting my head on my bicep I pull my lips up into a small smile then let them go back to a neutral expression.
The sheets rustle as she scoots closer, noses touching.. eyes starting to close, my lips pressed down on each other twice before she kissed me, euphoria flooding my mind.
My drunk, intoxicated mind let my arm slip to her waist and lean forward, her back was almost pressed to the bed but I didn't let myself go that far. We parted breathless from the far too long kiss, I tried.. emphasis on tried to keep my face straight but all I could do was smile.

Stop smiling like an idiot, Luz..
You should have stopped her, Luz.
Her girlfriend is in the other room, luz.
Where are your morals, LUZ??

...

But, goddamn.. do I love not listening to myself.

"Are you better now?" I murmur discreetly, she nods slowly and goes back to pressing into me. "Thank you for calming me down.."
I frown and cock my head, "you don't need to thank me.. I just hate to see you cry."

Her face goes to approach me but I put my fingers to her lips, "Amity.. please. you.. Boscha. You must know how bad this is."
She bites her lip with a defeated, guilty expression. "I.. I know. I just can't help it if.. if my heart falls from the heavens for you again. Boscha has been kinda distant and it's depressing."

She closes her eyes and sighs shakily, my heart thumps loudly to her reply.. she- she's in- she loves me like that- WAIT WHAT?! Ay that shit ain't cool! Boscha is starting to ignore Amity?

...

That won't do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

598 18 6
This story plays before Season 2 of The Owl House and Luz and Amity are a bit older. Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters nor the artwork! ...
340K 14.4K 171
❗Hey! Quick warning! If you're not comfortable with some gorey scenes, please pick another one of my stories! Just some abuse, but don't be alarmed...
32.1K 423 9
(X-posted from AO3.) In which Luz and Amity struggle to find some much needed and wanted privacy. (I swear the story is better than the summary, but...
5.5K 178 10
P.U.N.K GIRL 'People say she's bad, but they don't see the way she is with me.' Luz Noceda, the typical popular girl or flirt of Hexside. She was alw...