Red

By Ghost-moo

Beautiful body. Beautiful voice. Beautiful eyes. Everything about Victoria Hill was beautiful. At 4 years old... More

A/N
1.
2.
3.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.

4.

217 2 0
By Ghost-moo

It's only us three in the room. All you can hear is my sobs. Gray and Vincent try their best to comfort me.

"Victoria..."

Rick. I look up and he's standing at the door way. I run into his arms and sob harder.

"Maybe it's time to tell everyone the truth sweetheart."

"I-I can't."

I said between sobs. Rick picked me up like I was a 4 year old girl again.

"Would it be okay if I tell them?"

It takes me a moment, I say yes to him. He calls everyone to the meeting room. He's still standing while holding me.

"Sweetie, I'm going to let Vincent hold you."

Rick says before he sets me down on Vincent's lap. I cling to Vin's shirt, scared to see everyone's reactions to the news.

"Ria has giving me permission to tell you all something, and some of you may know bits and pieces."

He specifically means Gray.

"Micah...he...uh, he found Ria one night, 7 years ago, beat up on the side of the road. Took her in, took care of her, he did a DNA test to see if she had family near by...she did. Him. And Vincent. You all know she goes by Tori or Ria, her full name is Victoria if you haven't put that together yet...you boys all think she was sent to a boarding school when she was 4...long story short, she wasn't. She was sent to live with one of your father's friends who sent her to a school to become an assassin...When she wasn't there, she was...I'm actually going to let her tell you all when, or if, she's ever comfortable with it...She's been helping us with our Mafia since Micah took her in...the only reason he didn't take her back to you lot was because she was scared...the first year she never let any of us get close to her or touch her without her coming to us first...She's gotten a whole lot better then 7 years ago...He was planning on letting you lot know this week, but...life happens...Sweetheart, is there anything more?"

Rick asked me. I shook my head no. Besides the abuse that he is letting me decide whether I want to tell them or not, and I'm the ghost. There's nothing else.

"Okay...well. I'll let that all sink into your minds. Ask any questions, but to me."

"Right so, uh, why didn't our uncle care to tell us he had our sister for the past 7 years?"

One of those 3 that were at my school ask.

"She didn't want him to. She didn't want to go back to the family who ignored her then let her be sent away. Which I think is reasonable."

"Does this mean she's my cousin?"

Mateo asked. His older brother said, 'yes, she's our cousin.'

"Ria-"

"Ask me Vincent. Don't ask her. She's going through enough. Actually, Grayson can you and Ria go to her room?"

Rick asked Grayson more than me. He said yes and we left and went to my room.

"I'm sorry Tori...I'm not going to make you explain why you didn't tell me everything or explain how you're feeling. I just want you to know I'll always be your blue. My door and messages are always open for you."

I am honestly really greatful for Gray. He's so nice and understanding. I just snuggle up to him while we sit on my bed.
□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
Maverick's pov

"You can ask your question Vin."

"Why didn't you guys tell me? How much does Grayson know about this?"

"Because she's your cousin and she didn't want to tell you. You also just lost your mother a year before she came into the picture Vincent. She planned on telling you when she felt ready to. Now I'm not sure how much Grayson knows, but I know he knew more than any of you did before I told you lot. Anymore questions?"

"I'm taking her from here."

Javan spoke up.

"What do you mean?"

"We have a life, and other family, in Italy. It is where she was born and raised-"

"She was raised here, in New York Javan. You'll have to talk to her about it. I'm sure she isn't keen on leaving this place any time soon, especially that kid who's done more for her than you ever have. And I know, she isn't keen with you lot."

"But she should be my responsibility now Maverick. Her legal guardian is dead, she has family. Direct family. Here. Sure we've missed a few years in her life, that was not our fault."

"Really? Cause if I remember correctly you were the ones who ignored the poor girl for the 4 years you knew her. Then you allowed your father to send her to America of all places."

"We didn't know where she was going. We thought she was going to a boarding school."

Javan and I are seething, standing toe to toe. Vincent pulls me into a chair.

"How about we all just give eachother a little bit of space to let everything sink in? Okay? You all go back to your vacation home. I'll deal with everyone here."

Vincent reasoned and everyone listed to him. He walked them out while in sat there. Alone, in the silence.
□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
Victoria's pov

I watched them all leave my house after I heard Maverick arguing with one of them. It sent me into a bit of a panic, bringing back ptsd from the abuse. Micah alway made sure to keep a level voice and remind others he wasn't yelling so they don't need to yell. He did that for me. The last Rivera to leave my house, was Mateo. He left my house. Everything Micah owned was left to either me or Vincent. He talked to us about this multiple times. Vincent always said he only wanted the books and cars. That's what he got, plus Micah's vacation home that he stopped going to when his wife died. I was left with everything else, the money, the house, the Mafia. At the ripe age of 17.
It's only noon. We're having lunch. I don't feel like eating. I stare at my food as if it would suddenly start attacking me and I need to be prepared to attack back.

"Ria, per favore mangia."
(Ria, please eat.)

Rick said to me. I pick up my fork and eat the spaghetti, little bit by little bit. I ate it all but felt sick. I went up to my room and into my bathroom. I ended up throwing up everything I just ate. I decided to shower, maybe it would make me feel better...It didn't. After I put my clothes back on I went to lay in bed but Gray was there.

"Come here you."

He said playfully as I joined him on my bed. He made me smile for the rest of the afternoon we watched movies. I ended up passing out before dinner and nobody woke me up thankfully. When I did wake up it was 5 am. I made my way downstairs to find a small snack since I haven't had any food in me recently. I got a granola bar and ate it while I sat in the kitchen. I heard talking from the guest room. I walked over to it and heard Maverick talking to someone.

"Come over today and talk to her. I'm not making decisions for her. She is 17 now and can fend for herself. I doubt she'll want to even talk to you."

Was he talking about me? I walked away and sat on the couch with my empty granola bar wrapper. My eyes open but looking at nothing in particular. I didn't realize how long I was there for. Eventually I heard talking and people coming my way. I see it's lighter outside than it was when I woke up.

"Ria? What are you doing up?"

I shrugged at Vincent.

"I've been up since 5..."

I tell him. I hear him sigh then sit next to me.

"Do you want to get properly dressed? We have company who'd like to talk to you."

I look up and see Javan along with 2 others. I'm glad I don't remember their names. I hate that they know mine.

"Alright."

I whispered, then stand and walk to my room. Gray is still asleep, again. I grab sweats and a jumper. I change in my bathroom, brush my hair and throw my hair into a ponytail. I go back downstairs to the living room. Javan, the 2 others, Vincent and Rick are all there. I sit next to Vincent, putting my head on his shoulder.

"Ria, your brothers want to talk with you about what happens now."

Rick told me.

"Okay."

They can talk all they want.

"Meaning you have to listen Ria."

"I am."

I sit up and look at Rick. He sighs.

"To them, Victoria."

He gestured to the three guys who are supposed to be my brothers. I roll my eyes then turn to face the three.

"Get on with it then."

I say to no one directly. None of them were saying anything, just looking at one another.

"Victoria, since your legal guar-"

"You can say his name. I won't die."

I cut off Javan.

"Since Micah is now dead and you are still counted as a minor, we were hoping to take you back with us to Italy. I'd adopt you since I'm the oldest, I'd be your legal guardian just like I am to the rest of our brothers."

"What about our parents?"

He said he'd adopt me, but he's my brother?...

"They both died a few years ago."

I snickered than immediately covered my mouth. Serves them right. Mum didn't stop dad either.

"Sorry, sorry, not funny. I'm sorry for your loss."

I said while a smile played on my lips.

"Are you alright with this Ria?"

Vincent asked me.

"Uh...I don't really think so. Let me ask something. So if you're now my guardian, would I have your last name?"

"If that's what you want."
□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
Everett's pov

"If that's what you want."

Javan answered our younger sister with honesty. She shook her head.

"Bloody hell. No thanks."

She had a British accent. I've noticed it slightly when we've been around her. But now, it's very prominent.

"I'll keep the dead man's name saying I'm the one inherenting most of his things. I'd also rather stay home than travel over the ocean. You all do realize I have a life, friends, and a job here."

She said, gesturing to Vincent and Mavrick.

"Of course we do, but you can always talk to friends from your phone. You can get a new job in Italy. Then you'll have a life in New York and Italy."

Zane said in his always calm tone.

"Right, um, don't know your name. I don't really know any of my 'brothers' names exept you, Javan, because you told me your name. And I know our cousin Mateo. But, I don't only have a life in New York. You know I worked under Micah. I have a life in other states, not just this place."

She said brothers with air quotes. That hurt for some reason.

"Okay, our Mafia's are allies saying we're family. You can help while over the ocean Victoria. Now for names. This is Zane and Everett."

"I still don't want to move over an ocean. What about my schooling?"

"I'll enroll you in the school with your brothers and cousins."

"What if I don't want to go to school with them? Or I don't make friends? Or I don't find a job, or can't help my-Micah's Mafia over seas?"

"I assure you, you can help our uncle's Mafia from Italy. You don't to find a job if you don't want one, I wasn't going to make you get one anyway. Friends are very easy to make, and so will liking the rest of our family."

"Rick is this man understanding a word I say? Maybe you can translate it? I don't want to go. Period."

Everyone in the room sighs at our younger sister. Javan will need to work harder to get her to come with us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9M 174K 101
Carlotta Angela Vasiliev is a 17 year old girl living with her adoptive Russian mafia family of 4 brothers and father. Ever since she was a child, sh...
3.4M 83.9K 44
"๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ง ๐š ๐›๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐ฎ๐ง." โ–ช๏ธŽโ–ช๏ธŽโ–ช๏ธŽโ–ช๏ธŽโ–ช...
398K 8.3K 30
After Briana Smith tragic accident, she was never the same. Her older brother Ethan Black tried his hardest to protect Bri, however, it wasn't enough...
267K 10.6K 50
she is a innocent girl who has always lived a simple happy life with her loving mother and stepfather-which she doesn't know is her stepfather. ...