Ever After High: A Wonderful...

By Morning_Blankets

Y/N Ozymandias, son of the Wizard of Oz, and his friends at Ever After High return for more Royal Vs. Rebel s... More

The Neutral's Return
Ever Academy
An Evil Alliance
The Tale of Two Brothers
The Boulevard
Alice
The Way Home
Spring Unsprung Begins
A Bit Of Chaos
A/N
A/N
Tasty Wonder
Cook Off
Save The Wonder!
On A Train With A Hare
The Jabberwock 2: Electric Boogaloo
Card Tricks
Jester's Wild
Shuffle The Deck
A Royal Flush
Back Home
An Interview With A Princess
A Boys Camping Trip
Another (After)Life
The Fellowship of The Waterfall
A Big Family Secret
Shatter The Mirror
Here There Be Dragons
The Ones We Knew
Dragon Games
Into The Woods
Destiny Calls
Battle For Ever After High
Life Goes On

Topsy-Turvy Trouble

987 52 4
By Morning_Blankets

Ginger: "Treat this portal to discover, a bridge from one oven to another."

Y/N: Which, to be clear, does not mean to crawl inside of it while the daughter of the Candy Witch is around.

You sat on the counter, your arms crossed and covered in black spots from the oven. The three of you were still trying to crack the riddle to get a message to Ever After, but you were having no luck.

Y/N: "Treat"......"Treat"......wait. I got it!

The White Knight placed a hand over the oven, making sure you wouldn't crawl into it again.

Y/N: We have to make a Treat, right?

Ginger: "Treat" like a sweet treat! The only way we can send a warming to our friends is to bake one in a Treat!

Y/N: Yeah!

You both high-fived each other, though Ginger looked at you oddly.

Ginger: Weren't you taller before?

White Knight: You do realize, baking in Wonderland is a lot different than back where you're from.

Ginger simply tossed them a pink apron.

Ginger: I figured as much.

She tossed you a green apron and grabbed one for herself.

Ginger: But, I'm a good baker. I think I can handle it!

Ginger looked around the cook books before she pulled one out.

Ginger: Now, let's see.

She opened it, but a month appeared and started speaking.

Book: Well, what are we baking today? Amazing apple pie? Banana Bonanza? Caterpillar cupcakes? Delicious delectable delights? Elgant éclairs?

You took the book, closed it, and threw it aside.

Y/N: I know a recipe. First, we need flour.

The bells tolled as Alistair looked down at the festival from the balcony. The Wonderlandians had gathered together to discuss Alistair and Bunny's claims. Ruby even agreed to join them since you were still missing.

Lizzie: And you're sure it was the Storybook of Legends?

Alistair simply looked at her. She quickly took it back.

Lizzie: Okay, okay.

Alistair: I just don't understand what could have happened!

Bunny: Unless....

Maddie: Unless what?

Ruby: Did something happen?

Bunny: Well, after we found the book, we did run into someone.

Alistair: That's right!

Kitty: Who?

Bunny: Your mom.

Ruby snickered, but kept it to herself.

Kitty: Really? My mom?!

Everyone looked at each other.

Kitty: You think she switched out the Storybook of Legends with the Riddle Book?!

Everyone stayed silent.

Kitty: That is hexcellent!

Lizzie: Kitty?

While Kitty was overjoyed with her mother's prank, everyone else felt a sense of dread over it. This was a serious issue. A lot of people were looking for that book and it was quite powerful. In the wrong hands, it could lead to disaster.

Kitty: I mean, I thought I was good at causing chaos, but she's on another page! That is so spelltacular!

All: Kitty!

Kitty: What?!

She was surpised to see that her friends didn't find humor in this joke.

Bunny: We were just trying to bring you the Storybook of Legends and now, because of your mom, nobody believes us!

Kitty chuckled.

Kitty: Yeah, but..

Alistar: Kitty, I know we've all been friends forever after...but, you've gotta learn that some jokes just aren’t funny.

Ruby: This is a serious situation, Kitty. We need that book back, especially with Oswalt walking around freely.

Kitty crossed her arms, believing that her friends were now turning in her. Oswalt himself watched this from nearby.

Kitty: I would have thought my friends, my Wonderland friends, would understand me. But I guess I was wrong. Charm you later.

Kitty vanished, leaving the five alone on the balcony. Ruby sighed, feeling like you could've handled the situation better if you were here.

Lizzie: Now what do we do?

Ruby: Well, maybe we can go back the way you came?

Alistair: Well, we came in through the Well of Wonder so...ah...

Bunny: How're we gonna find it again? It doesn't exactly stay in one place.

Lizzie: Oh, it's not that hard to find...as long as you have a map!
----------------
Y/N: We need eggs.

Ginger looked up from peaches as the White Knight stirred the bowl of ingredients. You were working on getting the oven working again, throwing out the instructions to them so they could get the pie ready.

Ginger: How many?

Y/N: Two. Does this place have any?

The three of you looked to the fridge. It was sealed shit with a strange green goo. You were also pretty sure that this place had no electricity.

Y/N: Uh.....where do I find eggs in Wonderland?

White Knight: Nests.

Ginger: Oh! I think I saw one tucked away on the roof.

You rose to your feet and dusted your hands off. You then nodded.

Y/N: I will be back with those. Just keep getting everything ready.

You walked out of the shop while the two kept getting the pie ready.

White Knight: Wait a spell. What kind of nest was it you saw?

Ginger thought back to it.

Ginger: It was probably about the size of the stove.

White Knight: I see. So it must be a jubjub bird nest.

Ginger: What's that?

Y/N: AHHHH! BEGONE, YOU FOUL BEAST! I'M TAKING THESE EGGS!

The two listened as clashing and banging came from overhead.

You needed those eggs.
------------
Raven and Holly were walking through the school grounds, looking for help regarding their situation with Apple. Luckily, they found Ashlynn in a bench.

Raven: Ashlynn! We need you!

The two approached Ashlynn, but something wasn't right. She was eating messily and belching. This wasn't like her.

Raven: Something's wrong with Apple. She's totally flipped the script!

Ashlynn: Yeaaaaah, no...

She then burped, uncaring that anyone saw her. She then went back to eating her burger with BBQ sauce like nothing was wrong.

But, it wasn't just her. In town, Briar was walking when she seemingly stumbled upon a crime scene at the hair saloon. Shrieking and horrified screaming came from inside as many of the costumers came running out with messy hair cuts.

Following after them was Poppy. She was smiling and waving her scissors menacingly.

Poppy: Wait, I'm not done!

She turned to Briar, alarming her.

Poppy: Care for a trim, Briar?

Briar slowly started to back away.

Cerise even found odd behavior when she found Humphrey ontop of a wall with rollarskates and a jetpack. He was trying to keep his balance on the wheels as she watched.

Cerise: Humphrey Dunpty? Ah, isn't that kinda dangerous, with, you know, your story?

Humphrey disregarded her concerns.

Humphrey: Check it out! I've got a jetpack! I'm unbreakable!

He activated the jetpack and flew forward, crashing into a wall which made Cerise flinch. Painful groaning came from just out of her view.

However, she did spot Cedar sitting off by herself, eating one of Holly's tea cakes. Cerise smiled and hurried over.

Cerise: Hey, Cedar. Is that one of the tower tea cakes Holly made?

Cedar, with her mouth full, looked away.

Cedar: I'm not eating anything.

Cerise: Uh, yes you are. You're chewing right now...

She gasped.

Cerise: You just told a lie!

Cedar looked around for a second before swallowing.

Cedar: No I didn't.

She took another bite.

In the halls of Ever After High itself, a group of worried students hurried over to Apple and Daring in a panic. Cupid quickly called out to him.

Cupid: Daring! Oh, I'm so glad we found you! There's a totally vicious dragon attacking people at Book End! You have to slay it!

However, Daring did not act in his usual brave manner. Rather, he cowered.

Daring: Oh my crone! Thanks for the warning!

He opened a locker and stepped inside.

Daring: If anyone needs me, I'll be in here until it's safe!

He closed the locker, among Cupid sigh and walk off to find someone else who could help. From the crowd came Raven and Holly who approached Apple.

Raven: Okay, that's it.

Apple: Oh, goofy. It's Raven Mean and Holly O'Square.

Daring attempted to peek his head out, but Apple slammed the locker closed again.

The girls gasped, confirming their suspicions.

Raven: You did cheat, didn't you! At the showdown!

Apple smugly smiled.

Apple: Maybe I did. So what?like anyone is gonna believe you two over me?

Raven: This isn't you, Apple.

Apple ignored her, instead smirking.

Apple: I just got the most wicked idea.

Apple walked off with Daring quickly following out of fear of being left behind. Raven and Holly were both left in shock.

Raven: She's right. No one is gonna believe us.

However, from the shadows came Cerise who heard the whole thing. She walked over to the two with a smile.

Cerise: I will.

Raven/Holly: Cerise!

Cerise: I heard every word. And they're not the only ones acting strange. Something's making everyone act totally upside down.

Holly: Well, we better find out why and fast.
-------------
Y/N: Aha!

You turned the oven on and stepped back to watch the flames come to life. You then turned back to see that Ginger has finished the filling and the White Knight finished the crust.

The pie was almost ready. With it, you'll be able to get your message to your friends.
-------------
Behind the school, Apple pushes Daring to stand in the specific spot. It was directly under Lizzie's balcony.

Daring: So, um, hehe, why-why should I stand right here? Is-Is something bad going to happen?

Apple was exasperated.

Apple: Would you hero up, Daring?! All I need you to do is stay here here and wait for my signal! Can you handle that?

Daring shivered as Apple walked off. He then heard a squirrel chatter which sent him hiding in the bushes.

In the dorms, Apple snuck her way around before reaching Lizzie's room. She slipped inside and closed the door behind her. She snuck around quietly but quickly to find her map.

She looked around Lizzie's side of the room before she looked over to her closet. She opened the doors and peeked inside.

There, she found the book. She grabbed it and took a look inside, finding the map.

Apple: Perfect.

She was suddenly interrupted when a familiar giggle echoed through the halls. Maddie. That would mean the others would be with her.

Apple looked over to the open window and made her escape.

However, her Prince Charming wasn't there. Someone else was.

Apple landed in the arms of her savior, opening her eyes to find Oswalt smirking.

Oswalt: Hello, my dear.

He set her down to her feet, but Apple didn't run or scream. Instead, she smiled.

Apple: At least there's one person here I can count on. Where's Daring?

Oswalt pointed to the still hiding Daring.

Apple: Coward.

Oswalt: No matter. That's the map to the Well of Wonder, is it not?

Apple held up the book. Oswalt smiled.

Oswalt: Well, I'm assuming you're looking to cause some trouble?

Apple: I like trouble.

Oswalt: Then you'll love this. Come along. And bring the moron with you.

Oswalt began to lead Apple along, Daring chasing after, as Raven and her group looked for Apple to stop her plan.

Back in the room, however, Lizzie frantically looked through her closet for the book. Objects were clattering and things were slamming as the others watched.

Lizzie: It's gone!

Ruby: Wait, do you mean that someone stole it?!

Alistar: Who would do such a thing?

Lizzie walked out to her balcony, crying over the fact that she had now lost one of the things that still tied her to Wonderland. Such a gift from her mother was missing now.
---------
In the Encahted Forest, Oswalt lead Apple and Daring to their destination using the map that Apple had taken.

Daring: So, um...I'm kinda scared to ask but, what's this big plan of yours?

Oswalt: The Well.

Daring: Well, what?

Apple: The Well of Wonder, you moron. I heard Maddie say that Lizzie had the only map to it!

Oswalt: The magic, the wonder, the life of this world comes from Wonderland through the Well. We're going to plug that Well for good.

Daring: But that will.....

He gasped.

Daring: Destroy the Fairy Tale World!

Apple: Wow, you catch on fast....not!

Oswalt: It'll only destroy Ever After. The other worlds will remain unaffected. But, plugging the Well won't only stop the wonder, but it'll stop anyone from sneaking back to this world.

Oswalt smirked.
-----------
Ginger out the pie into the oven and closed it. You started it up and the three of you stepped back and watched as the pie baked. Suddenly, a bright consumed the pie, making it vanish. You and Ginger looked at each other, hopful that the message got through.

White Knight: We should get the two of you back to Ever After now. The way back is long, but, if we're lucky, we can have you both back in time for curfew.

Ginger: Really?

White Knight: Yes. Well, kind of. It's complicated, but we will see if the way back is open when we get there.

While Ginger was ecstatic to go back, you were a bit more hesitant. Ginger noticed this.

Ginger: Y/N?

Y/N: You two go ahead without me. I, uh, I have some stuff I still need to do here. I have a promise I need to keep.

The White Knight and Ginger looked at each other, but they didn't say anything to try and convince you. The two headed out while you reached into your pocket and pulled out the letter that Alice gave you.

You needed to find Alistair.
----------
Apple: According to the map it's right...

She looked up from the book, but found nothing. She growled in frustration as she slammed the book close.

Apple: This Wonderland stuff is SO annoying! I mean really, is it that hard to just have a normal map that shows you where-

Oswalt calmed her down by pointing behind her. She turned around just as the Well of Wonder appeared in the canyon.

Apple: Perfect.

Oswalt: Indeed.

Daring: So, um, huh... I don't have to do anything dangerous, do I?

Apple: Nope.

Oswalt: I already called in for some help.

He snapped his fingers and two figured emerged from the forest. The now evil Ashlynn and Hunter. The two messed with each other as Apple rubbed her hands together.

Apple: Time to get, our evil on.

Daring screamed as Hunter grabbed his ax and started to chop away at a nearby tree. Soon enough, it was a round shape that was ready to plug the Well.

Raven and her group, however, were quick on the scene. They found them all standing by the Well, but Oswalt was quick to notice them.

Oswalt: Well, hello, ladies. Nice of you to drop in.

He reached his hand out, creating a green cloud of magic that surrounded the girls. He lifted them up as Ashlynn called out into the woods. Soon enough, a billy goat appeared and Hunter's carving. The round object rolled down into the canyon and ramped up the other side. It then landed perfectly in the Well, plugging it.

On a nearby tree, Kitty and her mother watched as Raven and her group screamed in terror.

Chesire: Oh, such chaos. Are you enjoying this, kitten?

Kitty forced a smile, but she knew that this wasn't right.

Oswalt let the girls go and laughed.

Raven: I can use magic too!

Raven started to conjure up a spell, but Oswalt was much faster and much more skilled than she was.

He quickly threw a spell at her which sent her back into the canyon wall. Before anyone could do anything, the Well of Wonder vanished to it's new location.

Briar: You won't win, Oswalt. When Y/N gets back...

Oswalt: You mean "if". I think you lot have a memory problem. Or, maybe he just never told you.

Cerise: What are you talking about?

Oswalt laughed.

Oswalt: Y/N died during the Fall of Oz. The only reason any of you even knew who he was is because he was possessing my body. But, not that I have control again, where would his soul go?

The girls all gasped in horror. Kitty was even shocked by this claim.

Briar: You mean...Y/N is....

Oswalt: Well, this has been fun and all, but we must get going.

Cerise: We will find the Well of Wonder.

Oswalt held up the map with a wicked grin.

Oswalt: It's gonna be hard without this.

He tossed it up as an owl caught it. The bird flew away as the ground began to turn into an ugly gray.

Holly: The Wonder- it's drying up!

Holly kneeled down and touched the ground slightly, but Cerise pulled her back.

Cerise: Holly, no!

They looked at her hand to see it reacting oddly. It was now gray with a strange vibration to it. It returned to normal shortly, but Holly could still feel it.

Cerise: Without wonder, our world will cease to exist.

Raven: Not if I can help it! And the only way we're going to stop this is to figure out what's wrong with Apple! Come on!
--------------
Back in Bookend, the Wonderlandians and Ruby sat at a table at the Mad Hatter's Tea Shopee. Lizzie was still pretty upset over losing her book.

Maddie: Don't worry, Lizzie, we'll find your book... somehow.

Ruby: It has to pop up eventually, right?

Maddie sighed, but she quickly cheered up when a top hat was placed upon her head.

Maddie: Oh! Dad!

Mad Hatter: Ha-ha!

Alistair: It's nice to see a familiar face.

Maddie stood up and started to do a strange dance with her father as everyone watched.

Maddie/Mad Hatter: Whistle, cradle, up top, down, sideways! Sha-a-ke, and to the moon!

Maddie sat back down as the Mad Hatter reached over and grabbed some food he had prepared.

Mad Hatter: The train runs on tracks, birds on the air, and we believers must always take care!

Alistair: He's right, a little food will totally help us think.

And, since I am the narrator while the other recovers, I'm just giving them the pie.

What are you gonna do about it?

Lizzie cut the pie but a mouth suddenly appeared on it and Ginger's voice spoke.

Ginger: Eh, so, what do I do? Do-do I just start talking? Test.. test... Oh, guys! This is Ginger! Ever After's in danger! There's a riddle book, and it's cursed.

The group gasped.

Ginger: You guys have to find it! Now what? Do I just...that's it?!

The message came to an end and the group looked at each other.

Ruby: What do we do now?

Maddie: Cedar was the last one with the riddle book, let's go! Thanks, dad!

She kissed her father in the cheek as the group ran off to save the day.

Mad Hatter: You're welcome! Eh-eh, what did I do?

The End Is Just The Beginning....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 223 47
After many years of what seemed like a blink of an eye, the legendary fairytales of the fairytale world are back, more spellbinding and diverse. Have...
1.6K 112 32
This is the sequal to The Pirate & The Swan. Ive been a little upset that the Once Upon A Time In Wonderland characters have not come to Storybrooke...
760K 11.9K 200
Y/N a normal boy who likes to watch the anime Space Battleship Yamato and always dream of riding on a real spaceship but one day when he was heading...
1.8K 64 15
Y/n Moves to a New Town leaving his... Past But it comes back again can he save himself from fate again? Tw: Self Harm Abuse Violence Strong words et...