Red

By Ghost-moo

Beautiful body. Beautiful voice. Beautiful eyes. Everything about Victoria Hill was beautiful. At 4 years old... More

1.
2.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.

3.

92 0 0
By Ghost-moo

As we walk into the cafeteria Mateo stops and looks down the hall way at a group of kids. No, not kids. A group of Rivera's.

"Hey, do you guys want to meet my cousins? I mean Tori, you kinda met them last night Grayson."

"Sure, let's go make more friends Tori."

"Acquaintances. I don't do friends dumbass...exept you."

"Because you love me so much."

Gray put his arm around me like last night.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night weirdo."

I told him and Mateo took us to his cousins. Sure enough, there were 3 boys standing infront of the broken vending machine. They were cursing it out in Italian because it wasn't giving them their money back or what they wanted.

"Um...guys. I have people for you to meet."

Mateo walked up to them. They all looked up and looked at Gray and I.

"This is Grayson, he was who we talked to last night. Well not you Scout. And this is his friend Tori."

I walked over to the vending machine.

"Hi. Let me help you with this dumb fucker."

I hit the side of the vending machine, making the snacks and drink fall. Then I opened it with the key that was literally on the top of it.

"Grab whatever. The school really doesn't care."

"To-"

"Tori Hill. I see you've meet our new students. You've also gotten yourself in trouble younge lady."

The front desk lady, Mrs.Brown, was walking down the hall we to me. The 4 Riveras just looked at me then Mrs. Brown. I looked at Gray and he nodded at me.

"Well it was nice meet you all but I need to go."

I booked it down the hallways and around corners into the art room. My art teacher is my favorite, I call him panda because he loves pandas.

"Good afternoon Victoria."

Oh, and he's the only adult in the school that knows my full name. He also only call me Victoria.

"Afternoon panda."

"What did you do this time?"

"Apparently there's new kids, but I just saw a group of kids struggling to get food out of that broken vending machine. So I helped them out...by opening it and telling them to take whatever. Then Mrs.Brown saw so I ran."

"And left your partner in crime back at the scene? Tsk tsk."

He shook his head at me.

"Okay well he gave me the go ahead so...do you have food in here? I'm hungry."

"I have Milano's, with your name in them."

He took the cookie bag out if his desk and handed them to me.

"Thank you panda."

"Of course."

I was happily eating my cookies when the intercom came on.

"Can Tori Hill come to the office?"

"Ugh. Thanks for the food panda, I'll see you later."

"Bye Victoria."

I left his classroom and made my way to the office. The 4 Rivera boys were there, Grayson was there, and another man was there. He seems fam-He's the oldest brother.

"Now that you are finally here Ms.Hill, I tried to contact Mr.Hill however he didn't respond."

"Did you call him?"

I ask Mrs.Brown.

"Yes Tori, I did."

"Let me try."

I pulled my phone out and called Micah. It went to voice-mail. I shrugged.

"He's probably busy at work."

"Do you have any other guardian I can call?"

"Sure. He probably isn't in the school's records though. I'll call him."

I called Maverick. He answered right away.

"Hi sweetheart. What's up?"

He sounded...off.

"I should be asking you that Rick. Did I call at a bad time?"

"No, no, not at all sweetheart."

"Oh...well can you come to my school? I need a guardian present since I'm in trouble. Mike didn't respond."

Mike so these stupid Rivera's wouldn't be on my tail. I heard footsteps come into the office. It was Gray's mom. I smiled and waved at her, she did the same thing back to me.

"Uh, okay. Yeah. Sure. I'll be there in 10 sweetheart."

"See you then."

I hung up and put my phone in my pocket.

"He said he'll be here in ten Mrs.Brown."

"Alright."

I turned to face Gray's mom.

"Hi hunny. I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you."

"Ma, you're the one who works all the time."

Gray said. I punched him in the shoulder.

"Well maybe you should bring me over more often Grayson. Then I could see my favorite person more often."

I joked around. Shr told me about one of her patients who was just a little kid. It was so wholesome. I told her what Gray got me for my birthday, then showed her.

"Give me your hand kid."

I said to Gray. He gave me his wrist with the bracelet on it.

"Aww, I have such a sweet boy. I'm so sorry I couldn't be at dinner with you two last night."

"Oh that's fine. I had to go home early anyway. My uncle needed me."

I lied to hrr. The Riveras haven't said a word. They're just sitting there. Quietly.

"I'm here, sorry I'm late."

Maverick walked in. I walked over to him and told him what happened. He looked at all these people in the office and shrugged.

"I don't see the problem. Why are you in trouble?"

"Because Mr..."

"Just call me Rick ma'am."

"Because Rick, she somehow got the key and opened it for anyone to grab from it. They could if taken the money."

"Well I feel like that's the school's fault. Fix your vending machines. Now tell me what the consequences are."

"Well since the Riveras are new I'm giving them all a 4 day after school detention. Mr.O'Leary will have a 4 day in school suspension since he stood there and let it happened. For Ms.Hill, she'll be getting 4 day suspension. She is on her third strike of the year. If you mess up again, you will be expelled Tori."

"Damn, right after their break. What a shame. Let's go home sweetheart."

"Bet. Bye dumbass."

"Bye Tori."

Gray rolled his eyes at me while Rick and I left. I went to our truck and followed Rick home in his car. We pulled into the driveway and went inside.

"Hey Rick...Is my uncle okay? It's been an hour since I've called him. He still hasn't responded."

"Yeah. He's fine...He's great sweetheart. Just perf-"

"Maverick."

I glared at him. People hate my glare. It scares people shitless. That's how I've helped in the Mafia, I help with interrogations. And most the time they'll open up right away for me.

"Kid I'm sorry. He told not to tell you."

"Maverick. He is my guardian. He saved me when I was just a kid. And I'm his ghost. Tell me what's wrong."

"Someone attacked the warehouse he was at...we can't find him....but there was blood, lots of it in his office. He sent me a message an hour ago telling me, not to tell you...He said he loved you and Vin very much. You were like his daughter. And he's sorry if he can't make it home."

I shake my head. No. No this can't be happening. I still need him. I hear a knock at the door. Rick gets me to sit down on the couch. Foot steps get closer and closer to me.

"Ria...Ria...I know you can hear me. You're looking at me..."

It's Vincent, but it's not just him. It's all of the Riveras. I shake my head no again.

"Okay, it's okay. Ria, I'm here for you."

"Vinny...is he...is he-"

"I don't know. Come here. Let me hold you."

Vincent holds open his arms for me I fall into his embrace and start crying. He rubs my back and whispers sweet nothings into my ear. I don't remember when, but I passed out only to wake up in Vincent's arms. We're still in the couch, the Riveras and Mavrick are still here. My phone buzzes. Gray's calling me. All eyes turn to me and my phone. Vincent let's me slip out of his arms and walk into the kitchen.

"Thanks for finally answering my calls."

I'm greeted with Gray's sarcasm.

"Sorry Gray...uh...things happened."

"Is everything okay? Are you okay? Please tell me you aren't hurt or leaving. Should I come over?"

"You can come over...um...Micah he...Gray they all think he got killed..."

I start to silently cry again. Gray goes quiet.

"Okay, umm...I'll be there shortly Red. Don't worry about it."

"Gray...the Riveras are also here..."

"What? Why-Nevermind. I'm coming your way right now. I love you Red."

"I love you too..."

He hung up in me as I sat on the kitchen floor crying still. Foot steps approach me.

"I'm sorry for your loss Tori..."

It's Mateo.

"I mean I know he's like my cousins uncle...none of them were really close to him though. If you need anything I'm always here to talk if you want. Here's my phone number."

I took his phone number and then sat there in awkward silence with him. The front door busted open. I hear everyone, and I mean everyone, load a gun. I even put a hand on my gun in my waist line.

"Woah...it's just me. I came to see Tori."

"Don't almost break the down down next time bright one."

I hear Vin and Gray going at eachother. I stand and run to Gray. I put my arms around him, he froze for a moment before hugging me back.

"There, there, Tori. I'm sure we'll hear something from him soon enough."

Gray held me close and spoke in a soft tone. Unknown to any of us, we'd sure hear about Micah soon...

The next day

I wake up with Gray right next to me. Don't think this is weird, Gray and I have slept over at eachothers, in eachothers beds, multiple times. He's still asleep. Technically he has school but I don't think he'll be leaving my side. I quietly make my way downstairs in short shorts and a hoodie that make it look like I'm not wearing shorts. I hear Maverick and Vinny in the kitchen. I walk to Vinny and lean all my body weight on him. He puts an arm around me.

"Morning."

He says sweetly. I notice all the Riveras are at the kitchen table, eating.

"I'm going to work, you and Gray are staying here with everyone else principessa."

I nod in understandment to Rick. He kisses my head then heads out.

"Where is Gray?"

"Asleep."

"Still?"

I nod yes to Vinny. He picks me up as if I am air and sets me on the counter.

"I'm getting you some food. Stay here."

"Vinc-"

"Shush. Let me."

"Fine."

I grumbled. I play with my hands and swing my legs around a little, while waiting for my food.

"I don't think we've properly met. I'm Javan Ri-"

"Rivera. I know. Call me Tori or Ria. I'll answer to either one."

"Ria. No attitude to the guest."

Vincent turned and said to me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Sorry dad."

I mumbled with a smirk. Vincent just shakes his head.

"You left me in your room, alone. I am so offended Tori."

"Morning to you too grump."

"Oo, what are you making Vincent?"

"Eggs and bacon. Now you and you, go sit down somewhere."

Vincent points to me and Gray. We sit at the counter and watch all the Rivera boys come in and rinse their dishes before putting them in the sink. Vin gives Gray and I our food and we eat in silence. The Riveras go sit in the living room, watching TV. Javan and Vincent went somewhere else to talk though. Then Vincent comes to me and Gray.

"Come here you two. We need to talk."

Vin says and we go to the meeting room. The next words that leave his mouth make me want die.

"Rick got a text from an anonymous number...Micah is dead."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 536 40
Nova was only 2 years old when she was kidnapped from her family. She has 5 older brothers and her biological parents are dead. What happens when her...
2M 58.4K 35
❝ You deserve the love you keep giving to everyone else. ❞ - The first emotion to fill Victoria Hunt when she was told about her father and step moth...
6.3M 164K 101
Carlotta Angela Vasiliev is a 17 year old girl living with her adoptive Russian mafia family of 4 brothers and father. Ever since she was a child, sh...
677K 16.7K 37
Adelina Bianco was kidnapped at 5 years old after her home was ambushed. Her once perfect life with her 6 brothers was turned upside down and she now...