V i p e r || J. Seresin

By Wolf_queen24

Being a ghost is simple, being related to a legend? Much harder. More

Intro
Soundtrack
A Dumbass
Mitchell
Mission
Bradshaw
Free Falling
Day Drinking
Phase One
Nothing But A Gentlemen
Wake Up Call
Lover
Episode
Departure
Always
Step One
Step Two
A Plan
Oh Shit
Epilouge
AN

Tormenting Hangman

4K 106 2
By Wolf_queen24

I already knew today was going to suck and now I can confirm. Talking to my dad he has a plan and personally I find it appalling. First day of meeting everyone and he decided this is how he wants to start it? Shoot me now.

We're currently standing in the shadows watching all the idiots in desks waiting for the speech of the infamous Admiral Bates. The only thing I find satisfying at this moment is finding out what Hangman's reaction will be to both of us pulling up to train these guys.

"Attention on deck!" A woman shouts from afar drawing my attention.

The Admirals take their places standing in their respected spots along with the remaining soldiers including... Hondo? What the fuck?

Admiral Bates takes the stand speaking in front of all the Top Gun candidates. "Good morning. Welcome to your special training detachment. Be seated," everyone takes their seats slouching as they listen to one of the bossman. "I'm Admiral Bates, Air Commander. You're all Top Gun graduates, the elite, the best of the best. That was yesterday. The enemy's new fifth generation fighter has leveled the playing field. Details are few, but you can be sure we no longer possess the technological advantage. Success, now more than ever, comes down to the man or woman in the box," he pauses for a second watching the graduates fill themselves with confidence, determination, and apparently for Hangman, a larger ego. "Half of you will make the cut, one of you will be named mission leader, the other half will remain and reserve. Your instructor is a Top Gun graduate with real world experience in every mission aspect you will be expected to master. His associate, if you will, will be aiding and attending your practice. She too has real world experience and was a former member of Top Gun and is named one of the youngest graduates within this program."

At that the two of us begin to walk down the smooth tiles gradually passing all the members as we go. Hangman smiles for a second as he turns back to look at us but he swiftly turns in his seat, face pale and a disbelieving look as he pinches the bridge of his nose. I beam from ear to ear seeing his childish behavior like he got caught in four k.

"Their exploits are legendary and they are considered to be one of the most finest pilots this program has ever produced. What they have to teach you may very well mean the difference between life and death. I give you Captain Pete Mitchell, call sign, Maverick and former Top Gun graduate, call sign, Viper."

The corners of my lips tug up as I greet them with a friendly 'good morning.' I turn it over to Maverick who holds up a thick stack of booklets.

"FAT NATOPS. It contains everything they want you to know about your aircraft. I'm assuming you know the book inside and out."

"Damn right!" Payback exclaims, cutting him off from continuing.

"You got it!"

"Damn straight."

Maverick and I meet eye to eye, shrugging. I take the pile from him, tossing it into the trash. Using my right arm I lean against the podium crossing my left leg over my right. "So does your enemy," I reply smoothly.

Maverick leans over the podium lifting a finger slightly, "but what the enemy doesn't know... is your limits. I intend to find them."

"Test them. Push beyond. So today we'll start with what you only think you know."

We stay silent for a moment carefully watching as most of them squirm in their seats. Maverick nods his head and with a serious tone he says, "you show me what you're made of."

Right after that we split. Dad goes his own way and I go mine. Gearing up for flying was the easy part of the whole transition, getting past Hangman without numerous questions and his constant flirting, much more difficult.

Being as our planes are right next to each other I know I can't escape the inevitable. Hangman walks over to the opposing side of his plane ducking under the wing as I double check my own.

"One of the youngest Top Gun graduates, huh? Hot and has skills. Winner winner chicken dinner."

The irritation of his voice gets to me as I flip around to see him. He smiles innocently resting against his plane with his arms crossed. "Don't underestimate me, Hangman. I may be a woman and I may be young but there is no doubt in my mind that I'll be able to take your ass down."

"I'd like to see you try, sweetheart."

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

Hopping into my F-18 I take my last bit of air before connecting my mask and closing the canopy. As Payback, Fanboy, and Rooster take to the sky in one direction I make known that Phoenix, Bob, and that shithead Hangman come with me in the other direction. And from there the game is on. On a different line I give them the same speech my father will be giving the other three.

Staying below the radar I watch as Phoenix, Bob and hangman stay above me unable to see me this far below them. "Good morning, Aviators, this is your captain speaking. Welcome to basic flight maneuvers. As briefed, today's exercise is dogfighting. Guns only. No missiles. We do not go below the hard deck of 5,000 feet. Working as a team you have to shoot me down or else."

"Or else what, ma'am?"

"Or I will shoot back. If I shoot either one of you down, you both lose."

"This girl needs an ego check," Hangman says over the comms.

The corners of my lips tug up expectedly to that sly comment. "My ego is just fine where it is but because of that sly comment Hangman if I shoot either of you down you'll owe one hundred pushups."

"Like that's going to happen," he says mockingly.

"Make that two hundred."

"Hangman," Phoenix lectures, "shut your trap."

"Phoenix, how about we tell everyone what Bob stands for? Other than Robert, I mean."

"Don't take the bait, Bob. Wanna know why we call him Hangman?"

"Wait, wait, I got it. 'Baby On Board.'" He laughs hysterically making me shake my head. And that's when I decided to pull my move. I swung up park, cutting in between the two and flipping upside down over Hangman, then increasing my speed afterwards scaring the shit out of him

His plane tips to the left knocking him off balance for a moment. "Shit!"

I chuckle through the comms hearing his reaction. "The fight has begun.'

"Break right!"

"I'm breaking right!"

I watch as Hangman ditches, leaving Phoenix and Bob to fend for themselves. "Where is he going?"

"That's why we call him Hangman. He always hangs you out to dry."

"Leaving your wingman already, Hangman?" I taunt, "I was sure you were a team player but I guess I'm wrong."

"Where's Viper, Bob?"

"Jesus, her nose is already coming around."

"Get her off of me, Hangman!"

I scoff, "all right, Hangman. It's time to teach you a lesson.

Diving down with an immediate thrust back upward I am able to target her, "that's a kill, Phoenix."

"Shit!"

"Come on, Viper, come at me!"

"You're asking for it, Hangman. Show me what you got."

For a while we chase each other around fighting for control of the situation. At times I manage to get on top of him and others I'm unable to get behind him and find myself in his target lane. Though I know the one tactic that will screw him over, one I'm sure my father has taught to the others already. Flying high and into the sun.

He starts to flip a little with the sun blinding his vision. "It's sensitive. Phoenix can't see it. How close am I? Phoenix?" Him begging her to be his savior shows me I'm doing the right thing.

Relaxing at the thought of him alone up here with me, Phoenix explains to him with the best response I've ever heard, "I'm dead, dickhead."

"See you in the afterlife, Bagman," Bob tormenting Hangman has me reflecting that evening in the bar.

Straightening his plane I wait for him on his nose, "and that my friend is a kill."

"Fuck!"

A loud laugh is heard over the comms, it's my own. "Go see Hondo about your pushups, Hangman. I'll see you back in the air later. Until then, you're not worth a second of my time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 3.2K 14
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ๐‹๐€๐ƒ๐˜ ๐Œ๐€๐˜, ORIGINAL.ยฐโ˜… )) IN WHICH top guns best aviators are reunited for a suicide mission. unexpected feelings start to form for a sp...
305K 3.2K 42
All Imagines are about Top Gun and are mine you can also find them on Tumblr.
17.5K 237 15
Having a mother who passed away and a certain so called "Pete Maverick Mitchel" as your dad things don't get much more complicated than that. Sarah...
63.1K 1K 23
After a mission in Albania, Nicki Mitchell "phantom"was called to take part in an elite program to train along with other pilots for a mission non of...