𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒, shadowhunte...

Autorstwa -haydenromero

❝Oh yeah, can you recite every Nicolas Cage movie by heart? ❞ ❝You know, sometimes I wish I never met you.❞ I... Więcej

EXTENDED SUMMARY
ACT ONE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

1K 64 7
Autorstwa -haydenromero

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN. THE FURY TOUR

"YOU'RE PRETTY GOOD AT COMING UP WITH THOSE."

⟡⟡⟡⟡

DO NOT COMMENT FOR ME TO UPDATE! If you do, even as a joke, I will block you.

Wren had fallen asleep in the backseat of Luke's truck. She hadn't meant to, but she was just so exhausted. Everything happening in the Shadow World these past few days was taking a toll on her body and mind. She wasn't sure how much more of this she could actually take. She hadn't slept for very long and the next thing she knew, she was being shaken awake by Luke.

Her eyes felt extremely heavy but she peeled them open anyway. "Jace and Isabelle are here," he informed and she nodded her head, rubbing her tired eyes before sitting up straight and opening the door. She stepped out of the vehicle, eyeing Jace up and down. Her glare moved over to Isabelle who went to hug Wren. The brunette's arms were around her for maybe two seconds before the blonde pushed her off. Isabelle looked at her with a frown.

Before she had fallen asleep, Luke had filled her in on everything he knew regarding Simon becoming a vampire. Apparently, Jace, Isabelle, and Alec were involved in the whole thing, or at least they knew about it. It only made Wren angrier. People who were practically strangers knew and she hadn't.

"Hey, it's been a while," Jace greeted.

"Not long enough," she retorted. Jace was taken aback by her words, his eyes furrowing in confusion.

"Are you upset with me?" He asked.

"I'm upset with a lot of people, you included," she answered, turning to Isabelle, "And you."

He began to put the pieces together, "This is about Simon."

"Yeah, this is about Simon. But I'm really not in the mood to yell at you right now so I'm just going to save that for later. Let's go." She pushed past him and began walking into the hotel. Jace looked to Luke and Isabelle quickly before the two followed her.

"Hey, I'm sorry about Simon, I really am. I didn't want this to happen," Isabelle said as she moved quickly to catch up to the blonde.

"Yeah but, you didn't really stop it either," Wren retorted.

"I told Clary it was a bad idea," Isabelle defended.

Wren's head whipped around to face her and Isabelle halted. "You could've called me. Or, or picked up one of my many phone calls but you didn't. Why? Because Clary told you not to?" Isabelle looked down ashamed and Wren scoffed.

"And here I was thinking that you thought for yourself," she said before continuing to walk.

"Hey, ease up on her. This isn't her fault," Jace defended his sister.

Wren's head snapped around so fast, that Jace took a startled step back. "Don't tell me what to do. I haven't even started on my fury tour. The next stop is you, Jace. I mean, I'm not really surprised that you did Clary's bidding and kept me in the dark. You've known her for what, two seconds, and you're already whipped. I guess she does have the effect on boys."

"Did you maybe stop to think that none of this is your business?" Jace said in anger.

"Simon is my business!" She seethed.

"That's enough!" Luke said, looking between the two blonds. "We have more important matters right now, okay? Let's focus on why we're here in the first place."

The blonde took a breath before nodding and continuing on her way to the hotel.

Isabelle whispered to Jace, "I've never seen her like this."

"We barely know her, Izzy," he sighed.

"Yeah well, I know she's not usually this angry."

Raphael met them and took them to the back entrance before going to retrieve Clary and Simon. Wren stood with her arms crossed, growing impatient and apprehensive. She just wanted to get Simon and leave. When the three finally came out, she released a relieved breath. Simon looked a lot better than he had before he went into the hotel, which was good.

She walked over to him slowly, quickening her pace when he didn't step back. She stood in front of him and he pulled her into a hug. She sighed, wrapping her arms tightly around his body. "Are you okay?" She whispered.

There was a brief pause. "I will be."

Wren squeezed him tighter and he smiled into her hair before pulling away. "I'm sorry. I feel like I was being an ass—"

"Don't be sorry. I know you were just upset. And you had every right to be. It's okay," she interrupted and he nodded.

Isabelle, seemingly fed up, spoke, "Can we please focus on the matter at hand? Unless no one here cares that the Clave is planning on murdering Meliorn."

"What?" Clary and Simon said simultaneously while Wren wondered who Meliorn even was.

"They think Meliorn has more information on Valentine and the attack than he's saying," Jace explained.

"They're taking him to the Silent Brothers," Isabelle continued.

"We have to stop them!" Clary stated.

"That's the plan, Clary. Rescue and recovery," Jace confirmed.

"We get him from the guards, in and out, no one gets hurt," Isabelle informed.

"You want us to go up against the Silent Brothers, and an elite Shadowhunter guard unit?" Clary asked incredulously.

"Without any backup?" Luke added.

"Pretty much sums it up, yeah," Jace affirmed.

"That sounds like a terrible idea. But I'm not surprised seeing as you're pretty good at coming up with those," Wren said, sending the blond a sarcastic smile. Jace's eyes narrowed at her.

"Is Alec coming?" Clary asked before the two could go at it.

Jace and Isabelle hesitated and shared a glance. Jace then shook his head. "No. Not this time."

"If they're doing this to Seelies, no Downworlder is safe. But we can't go in alone, not if we don't want to be detected," Clary said.

"My pack will track the unit, create a distraction," Luke said.

"I would suggest vampires, but... I doubt they'll cooperate," Simon said.

Wren remained silent, knowing she had nothing to offer them. She was human, couldn't fight, and could barely use a sword. But in all honesty, she didn't want to get involved anyway. She began playing with her necklace as the conversation continued.

"As much as I hate to agree with Simon, vamps aren't exactly team players," Jace agreed.

"Let me talk to Raphael. I think I can persuade him," the redhead said with determination.

••••

Wren had stayed behind with Isabelle whilst Luke, Clary, Simon, and Jace went to talk to Raphael. The two didn't speak as they waited. Isabelle wanted to say something to ease the awkward tension but didn't want to risk being yelled at by the blonde.

Any anger that Wren had was slowly beginning to dissipate. She was tired. Tired of this Shadow World mess, tired of being angry, tired of everything. She would much rather be doing anything else, even working at her mother's restaurant.

When they had come back down, Raphael and his vampires had joined them. The plan came together and Wren was told to sit this one out, which she would've done regardless. Luke quickly dropped her off at her apartment while he was on his way to get his pack.

She was too anxious to sleep. Simon had promised to call when it was all over after she threatened to hunt him down if he hadn't. Now she just waited for his call.

Wren sat on her bed, wringing her fingers together. The only source of light came from the lamp on her bedside table. Other than that, the room was completely dark.

She began to wonder where her mother was. She hadn't seen much of the eldest Holland in a while, the woman so immersed in her restaurant. She had been trying to make some advancements, thinking about potentially expanding the restaurant or opening up a new location. The woman was probably fast asleep on the couch in the office of her restaurant. She was kind of glad that Helena wasn't there. Wren wasn't sure how she would've been able to explain leaving the apartment in the middle of the night to her.

An hour had passed when Wren received a call from the boy.

"I kept my promise. No need to hunt me down," he said. A smile took over her face.

"Lucky you, Lewis. Because I've been angry all day and you did not want to be on my bad side tonight," she responded.

"So I've heard," he replied.

It was silent between the two for a moment.

"I'm really glad you're okay, Simon. I was so scared tonight. I don't think I've ever been that scared," she admitted, playing with the hem of her shirt.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, Wren. I'll try not to do that again," he said.

"Yeah, you better not," she replied before yawning, louder than she had meant to.

"You should get some sleep. I'll talk to you later, okay?" He suggested and she nodded.

"Yeah, okay," she agreed.

"Hey, Wren?"

She hummed in response.

"Don't be mad at Clary. She just... didn't want to lose me. I can understand that and I know you can too," he said.

She sighed, rubbing her eyes. "Yeah, I can," she confirmed. She wasn't sure if she would ever fully forgive Clary for this. She was probably being dramatic. If Simon could forgive the redhead, then she should be able to also. But again, Simon had feelings for Clary so, of course, it was easy for him to forgive her. It wasn't going to be so easy for Wren. But of course, she would try.

"Good night, Simon," she whispered.

"Good night, Wren."

The blonde ended the call and sighed. She crawled into her bed under her comforter and turned off her lamp, closing her eyes. After a few minutes, she was asleep.

°°°°

Hey, it's been a while (like a year 😬). I don't know if people are still interested in reading this book (and y'all probably don't even remember what happened in the last chapter because it's been so long). Sorry for the lack of updates, I've had no motivation to write. That's why I update this book and most of my books so sporadically. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Please be sure to vote and comment. DO NOT COMMENT FOR ME TO UPDATE! If you do, even as a joke, I will block you.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

7.9K 237 13
( Trigger warning - depression, self-harm, bullying, strong language, homophobia, physical assault, suicidal thoughts, suicide. ) "What if the only w...
152K 3.4K 34
Clary Fairchild was to be protected by Mayla Stonehart. Years of hiding her true identity made Mayla live in fear every day and look over her shoulde...
10.1K 301 11
A 'Mortal Instruments' Fanfiction - Takes place after City of Bones and is set in a world where Valentine had died in the first book. After this Clar...
2.6K 229 17
In this fanfiction, Magnus and Alec are going on Vacation to Dubai. While they are not at home, Simon, Isabelle, Maia, Luke, Clary and Jace have to t...