The Simple Reality

By faltskogulvaeus

Continuing on from It's Just Fiction, the newly engaged couple move forward with life, love, and family as th... More

Fairytale Beginnings
Rules to Giving Up
The Wedding Planners
Bride(zilla) To Be
Surprise Arrangements
Those in the Middle
Good and Bad Decisions
The Undisclosed
Best Behavior
Slightly Unexpected
Surprises to Count
The Day Before
Down to the Last Hour
Twice Upon A Time
The Fifth of September
The Impatient Wife
Time Tweaking
Third Wheeler
Capsaicin
Red Effect
The Gifters and the Gifted
Jealous Eyes
Trilingual Conflicts
Trick of the Sweet
Not A Soul But Two
Finders Keepers
No Doubt About It
Bedtime Stories
Distance, Resistance
Full Eclipse
Can't Stay Away
Signed, Björn Ulvaeus
Everything to Say
Fever
Ex-Barber
Really, Really Good Friends
Overthinker's Club
The Pair Annoyed
Nation's Greatest Secret
Predictably Unpredictable
PRfect Covers
The Candidate
Björn på Cirkus
Never Been More Missed
Baby, Calm Down
The Irreplaceables
Mood Killer
On Hold
Sweetest Bear
The Villa Over Chania
00:00:00
A Pair of Thieves
Dinner Plans in Paradise
Fifty/Fifty
Sounds Like Insomnia
Decision Makers
Little Pains
Swap and Exchange
A + B = C
The Giving Hand
1:1
Where Do We Go From Here?

Voyage Ahead

308 16 33
By faltskogulvaeus

Morning dawned bright and early, beginning with the young girl who was buried beneath a blanket that kept her too warm. She was well rested, and for a moment she forgot where she was entirely.

The room was large, she could see, as she glanced around with heavy eyelids, laying the way she was. Her grandfather was the first sight she'd seen. There was a smile from him as he glanced down from the corner of his eye noticing movement from her, and what she believed could be counted as double chins. He'd only shot her a wink as he resumed to press keys on his MacBook and then she'd sat up to see the rest of the room.

It was grand. Large windows in front of her hugging the room, from floor to ceiling and they were elegantly draped with cream colored curtains at the sides and just sheer ones that diffused the morning light that struck in. Similar windows were on the left and that was all she needed to see before she felt let the drowsiness take her again. She plopped back down towards her grandfather and hugged her pillow until she could truly rise again with better energy. Just like her grandma, he thought.

Well, it didn't take her long. The half awake girl was up and exploring the room in no time. She'd crawled out of the long bed to see what the room had. Her parents had one similar, but not this big. She walked towards the window, and her small height really emphasized how large the room was when Björn had seen her. He had a chuckle to himself, because he found a fascination with her interest. She'd explored the gorgeous sitting area steadily until she looked like she struck gold. Agnetha's iPhone, sitting on the wooden breakfast table. She grabbed it and hurried to bed and crawled beside her grandpa once more.

Of course she knew her grandmother's passcode. She'd learned it by now, paying attention to Agnetha carefully put it in each time. The girl was fit beneath Björn's wing, playing a video from YouTube and felt the morning kiss on the top of her head. He murmured to her to keep the volume low to not disturb the sleeping woman on Nike's other side, but it was too late for that.

"I'm already awake," she smiled.

"Ah. And your grandmother is just fooling us then," he responded. "Good morning." Her eyes opened tiredly and she turned around to face him and little Nike.

"Been awake since I heard you flush the toilet. But they say something about beauty sleep being important and I need that today." The most beautiful woman talking about needing beauty sleep. He'd never understand it.

"You don't even need it," he reminded her. "But it's a long day ahead of us, so I don't blame you."

"What time is it?" Agnetha moved in close to her grandchild and nuzzled in, hugging the girl and kissing her lovingly. "Good morning, grandma's girl. How lucky am I to have you to wake up to? Hm?" She held the girl's face sweetly, and placed a kiss to her temple. She clenched her jaw and pinched those pink cheeks  that had sleep marks, thinking she couldn't ever have enough kisses.

"It's 8:42," he responded over that action.

"Ah. Still early."

"Yes but a lot to take care of today. I'll meet with Benny to see Svana and Ludvig and also arrange security," he rambled his to do list and she only gave it half her attention. He was always this way.

"Won't you go to breakfast? Call Christian. See when they'll go. You'll eat before you do all of that, won't you?"

"And you? Are you going to come down?" She winced a bit to reconsider but she knew she couldn't do it.

"No. I'll just have breakfast here. It's okay. You go." He frowned a bit, but he knew it was probably the best decision. She'd feel more secure.

"Okay," he agreed. "I'll order something for you and have them bring it."

"Yes, and maybe Frida and Mona will join me too. I'll see what they will do."

When she'd been out of the bed and refreshed in the bathroom, Björn and Nike were just headed to leave. Nike gave her grandmother her phone back and Björn double checked that she didn't need anything else.

"I'll leave, Anna. I'll be back later after I'm finished. Do you need anything else before I go? I ordered, you should have plenty to stuff you," he chuckled.

"Thank you, love. No," she responded. "I don't need anything." She reconsidered immediately. "Just a hug from my granddaughter." She smiled, knowing her loved ones were all there with them. She wouldn't feel as homesick with them all beside her.

"And surely you won't let her grandfather leave without the same?"

"Of course not," she breathed, hugging him. "He'll get a kiss too." She pressed a quick kiss to his cheek and felt him tighten the hug. "Love you both." He was smitten and loving with her and couldn't help feeling so content.

"I love you too," he breathed to her cheek. "From front to back." She felt a pat on her rear, casually.

Agnetha rolled her eyes and she pushed him a bit to part. She let the two leave the room and she had picked up the phone to call her sister Mona and Frida. She sighed with both their responses, because now she had a big breakfast to consume on her own. Her sister and Ronny were already in the lobby for breakfast and Frida shared that she had just finished breakfast with Henry in their room.

"So then I have all this food for myself?" she wondered.

"Anna, we've been up since long ago," Frida laughed. "I will come by and sit with you, but don't expect me to eat anything more. If I do, the button on my pants will not close for the premiere." Agnetha snorted at her friends honesty.

"Lucky me that I wear a dress. Come sit with me. I don't want to spend the morning alone."

Breakfast was shared as a family at the kitchen bar on the ground floor for the bigger family. Björn had sat with his children and his grandchildren as they had bites to eat, and for him another cup of coffee felt right, and it paired well with a croissant.

He'd accepted calls and found that he could not sit long. He anticipated a lot and it brought him to walk back and forth between his children until he was ready to leave.

The morning was like a rush, they had a long day planned ahead of them. The boys had more detailed things on the agenda like discussion of the program of the day and ensuring it's organized in means of getting there and to. And as these hard and enthusiastic workers busied themselves, they'd left behind the ladies who had concerns to meet their attention to equally as important matters.

They were together in a large sitting room on the third floor by noon, in the private section of where all their rooms were, just a door away. The ladies were not alone, they had an entire crew to prepare them for an unforgettable evening. Their stylists, make up artists, and hairdressers were with them, as well as guards behind the door to ensure their full privacy and all that they needed.

Music filled the area with ABBA's best and the room was well lit with natural light as these talented workers put their magic to highlight the beauty of the women who'd own the night. They'd worked for months pairing together the best outfits and sampling the best make up looks and hairstyles to fit the occasion. Their gowns for the evening were each hung on a rack, being steamed to perfection and their accessories placed aside for each.

Agnetha and Frida were both dressed in robes having been just out of their baths and showers. They were both seated in chairs, relaxed and excited to begin all that was planned for them. They hadn't been in this much preparation in years. They'd been given wonderful services to prepare themselves for makeovers, like relaxing facials that made them feel brand new and people beside them be sure they had all they needed. It was extravagant, more than necessary, but they didn't complain and let it be. It was all organized for them and this was a part of it all.

Agnetha had watched Frida's hair go from wet tangled strands to beautifully blow dried hair. It was perfect, simple, and elegant and in the meantime Agnetha sipped a mimosa with one hand and let another become painted by the make up artist with the other. Her hair was tied up in a towel as she waited. But conversations couldn't ever dull in times like these, and if they did they had more to talk about because during the time, they had the TV on with Netflix's Bridgerton as Agnetha had begun binge watching it that morning. How else could she have let the hours pass with ease?

And certainly as it was, the rest of the hours that were to pass had seen the ladies glow more by each quarter hour. Hair was completed for both, and Frida was finished with just about everything, and she sat with Agnetha having her turn to watch the make up enhance the face. They'd wondered at what time the guys would return to be styled as well. It wouldn't take as long for the boys to get dressed and ready, as expected, but they were all waiting for them to return. The door had been knocked and all attention was taken to the there. Security at the door opened it to lead Christian in and sometimes he believed he'd never be used to that kind of thing.

"Should I close my eyes and enter?" Christian yelled from the door, closing his eyes anyway.

"Come," his mother called back, snickering at him. "We are finishing, just sitting."

"Ah, good." He walked over, past tables of snacks, and those that carried make up and clothes. "Don't you two look beautiful? Is there something special happening today?"

"No, we just felt we wanted to play dress up," Frida laughed.

"Papa is on the phone," he told his mother. "He's been calling you."

"I don't have my phone on me. What does he need?" She was only presented with the phone he held to her. "Hello?"

"Hey, I've been calling," he began.

"Yes, I know that now," she chuckled. "Where are you? Aren't you coming soon? You have to get ready."

"We're 10 minutes away. Are you still getting ready?"

"No. Yes. I'm finishing, we'll get dressed in a minute. Did you need something?"

"No, I just wanted to check on you. To be sure you're fine," he said quietly. He waited a moment and there was nothing between them but comfortable phone silence. "And to say I can't wait to see you." She looked down at the table in front of her, relaxing and her face lit up with a smile.

"Björn Ulvaeus, don't tell me you busied him coming to me just for that."

"No," he denied, a no lingering for a while. "Yeah, maybe. And to say that I love you." She giggled at him for she wasn't sure what got into him that day.

"Come on and get here fast. I'm going to get off the phone so your son can also prepare himself," she told him.

"Will you not repeat it for me?" he wondered.

"Okay, yes. I love you too."

"From front to back!" exclaimed the toddler out of nowhere.

Agnetha turned her head back, surprised at the words she'd heard. She was sure the whole room heard that declaration. She stared speechlessly amused by her granddaughter, and her head turned back seeing Frida and Christian, unknowing of what to say. Christian laughed because it was a lifetime since he'd last heard it. His mother used to say it to him when he was just a child, with all her love and from what he knew it was something passed on from his father. He was not surprised to know where it came from, but Frida was different.

"Now I'd just like to know, wherever did she hear that one?"

"Just where you think," Agnetha replied. "They pick up things quite fast. Clearly. Are you satisfied, Björn?"

"Entirely," he laughed. "I'll see you two in a few."

Agnetha had closed the line and had given the phone back to her son. She had reassured him they'd call when they're getting ready to go so that they'd be ready to leave with them, and she watched her son and granddaughter exit the room. It remained to be Frida, Agnetha, and the small crew who'd been working with them too.

"I only want to know how you and Björn will behave yourselves this evening," Frida said quietly, raising her glass to drink.

"I am as anxious as you can imagine."

"You get worse at hiding your feelings the more you age, believe it or not."

"So it turns out we have a hidden talent," Agnetha giggled. She inhaled a breath and watched Frida sit up taller. "He insists we walk together," she began. "And he says that it isn't a big deal because the four of us will walk together as ABBA anyway, but even so it will be enough to draw attention to us. Even trying not to be obvious, we will be obvious. Görel tells him too and he never listens."

"Your duty is to keep your hands to yourselves and your attention to the camera." Agnetha laughed at the suggestion.

"Repeat that when he is here. Those words are for Björn," she retorted. "The last premiere I went to with him he put his hand on my ass."

"He did what now?"

"We weren't even back together," Agnetha laughed.

"If he was this way with you when you were not back together, I fear what he'd do now that you are."

"Which is why I need a plan... as soon as possible."

"Hm. So we'll switch up the order. BAAB."

"As much as we change the order the result remains: AB AB... but that is not such a bad idea. I'll ask Benny."

"Ask him what?"

"To stay beside me. Björn can't do it as much as I want him to; it will rub off differently in the press. But if I am with Benny, no one will say a thing about it."

"Only Björn will have something to say," she laughed.

"He'll have to work with it."

"Well at least the woman who we don't name stayed home for a good cause."

"Isn't it so? I should send a card as thanks," she laughed and gave her a playful quick wink.

Styling was ready for the ladies when Christian left. They were both helped into their matching Fendi fits, being dressed from head to toe that all was left was to be decorated with their accessories. Their earrings, necklaces, Frida's accent glasses, and even a cane that she needed for support but swung around for fun and joy. Agnetha turned her rings that anchored her for what they represented, she rarely ever removed them, and still through it all her eyes were to the screen to watch the show she became heavily invested in. It tested her patience, she thought, and still couldn't remove her eyes. What an addicting show.

They were just finished when the guys had entered, they were swift with their entrance and couldn't hold their 'Wows,' as they walked across the room to see them. Görel was there, too, so that she could see that the progress was made and she was delighted with the sight of the women.

"Look at how marvelous you look! Who ages backwards but you two?"

"You?!" They exclaimed in unison. "Talk about yourself. You look stunning!" Frida added. She held Görel's hand and pulled her to kiss her cheeks in greeting, and the same had gone for Agnetha who admired the beautiful colorful dress Görel wore.

Agnetha's eyes had gone to one place where she was bound to be stuck at, equally meeting those who were glued to her. Something in his chest moved, something he couldn't describe. If he'd thought she looked most beautiful at any other occasion, she looked even more beautiful at that moment. His eyes caressed along the gown and even saw the matching white boots.

"What? Say something." His lips quirked into a smile.

"Anything I say doesn't equal to all that I am thinking."

"Björn, better to keep it from our ears, will you?" Benny quickly shot at him before anyone would suffer. And the stylists who were around laughed politely, for they were not disclosed to, but it was quite clear of the relationship presented.

"Save your words, I say, and go get yourself ready. The time is passing," Agnetha said. She bit her lip because he was giving her a look, almost as equal as the one Benny had for Frida.

"We have an hour and a half, so yes, please don't waste the time and get dressed," Görel insisted. Benny and Björn had gone to see their clothes also on a rack awaited to be picked up. As Benny admired his long coat that he'd wear, Björn decided he'd go ahead and take a shower.

The styling had only finished completely when Björn's hair was done as well. He too had sat watching the show with them, sitting from where he was. He listened to them laugh and squeal so girlishly over the handsome Viscount that fell into the water. So what if he is dripping wet, he rolled his eyes.

Agnetha turned back from watching the TV to glance at Björn having his hair blow dried and slicked back as he usually has it. He looked handsome and breathtaking as she'd ever known him. How does he sigh and look that divine to her?

Suddenly, she remembered her purse. She'd left with the one that matched her suit and slipped into the bedroom so that she could move the items she needed into the new one. She'd packed lipstick, her wallet, and her phone, which now she'd found all those missed calls that were three of Björn's and two of her daughter's. Oh, and the tiny roller perfume. There's also that she needed.

Upon returning to the connected room, she'd turned to see Björn had entered. She watched him sit at a chair and slip on his boots, western and sharp to pair with his navy suit, and when he stood he smoothed his pants. She'd given him a pleased smile, and leaned to grab his jacket off the bed where it was prepared for him and she held it up to slip it right onto his shoulders.

"Thank you," he spoke as he turned, not missing one feature of her. He admired her hair, he'd never seen it up that way except his own imagination. She had gold triple hoop earrings that were small but round and wrapping around her lobe, a necklace like a chain and how could he keep his eyes from falling to a chest that drew his attention to the V shape cut. His mischievous smile hadn't died down even as she slapped his hand to remove his finger from trying to teasingly see more.

"Stop staring at me like that," she whispered, cheeks brightening as she had a hand brushing over his suit. Her movements and closeness to him contradicted all that she had to say.

"Like what?" She raised her eyes to meet his strikingly and a grin had came about to him.

"Do me a favor," she said, interrupting the moment.

"Say it."

"Keep your distance."

"An—"

"Not the whole time, because I'll miss you and I still need you next to me. I need to feel you by me. But please, just tonight... keep from over doing it."

"Görel worked the seating, isn't it enough?"

"But majority of the time is not just sitting. Majority of the time, we are in front of a crowd. And you look at me once and I don't know what happens to me." He was pleased with her statement somehow, it took him by surprise.

"That tempts me to discover just what it is that happens." His nose was softly at her jaw, barely brushing back and forth to inhale her sweet perfume. She was relaxed because she never wanted him far from touching her, always on the contrary. "Are you telling me that this scent isn't going to be next to me this evening?" He listened to her laugh. "Such a high price. How will I cope?"

He couldn't resist a peck to her lips, and he continued gently to her until she pulled away, not because she wanted to at all. She couldn't even resist it herself.

"Don't," she stopped him after a moment, putting her fingers to his mouth. "What will you say when they see your lips are pink?" She stroked her thumb across his lips.

"That I got stung by a bee."

"Ah. If you keep your distance, then you won't worry about being stung by a bee," she smirked.

"Is it really what you want?" She had not said a word but stared. Her eyes were beautiful and blue, and he knew there were still second thoughts even among all that she had said.

A knock at the door had separated the two from the discussion they were about to be in. She squeezed his hand once and before they knew it, they were guided though the hotel and out into the beginning of a a very endless and lively night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 1.1K 35
***FEATURED NA ROMANCE*** What happens if your fiction comes true? Eva considers herself realistic person rather than romantic. Her best friend insi...
477 2 44
She's backkkkk. But this time she has a secret. A huge secret. It's 2 years later and Nyah has finally found peace. She has a new job, a new persona...
11.9K 736 33
Two young souls find comfort in each other's presence. This is their story.
184K 5.7K 135
This book contains both the first book Chapters 1-101 and then book two Chapters 102- onwards. I hope you all like this! ⚠MENTIONS OF ABUSE THROUGH...