The Epic : In a different sit...

By Dr_Aim4

The epic Mahabharata thought in a different way... What if Karna and Pandavas got reunited? What if Draupadi... More

Acknowledgement
Character Sketch
Part 1 : The Truth
Part 2 : The Search
Part 3 : Known to younger clan
Part 4 : The unwelcomed welcome in Hastinapur
Part 5 : The Meet with Brothers
Part 6 : The Unfortunate Encounter
Part 7 : The Battle Of Truth
Part 8 : A Day With The Brothers
Part 9 : Love from the parents
Part 10 : Family Reunion
Part 11 : The Celestial Bond Of Friendship
Part 12 : Blooming Love
Part 13 : The Ceremony
Part 14 : The Impact Of War On Minds & Hearts
Part 15 : The War
Part 16 : Auspicious Occasion
Part 17 : The Danger Ahead
Part 18 : The Suspicion
Part 19 : The Danger Of the Forest
Part 20 : The Unparalleled Love
Part 21 : The Realisation And Proposal Of Love
Part 22 : The Unison Of The Lovers
Part 24 : The Swayamvar
Part 25 : The Worst Politics
Part 26 : The Choice And The Decision
Part 27 : The Division Of the Kingdom
Part 28 : The Meet With Duryodhan
Part 29 : The Winner
Part 30 : Marriage Plans
Part 31 : The Impending Danger
Part 32 : The War For Survival
Part 33 : Teased By Family
Part 34 : Pre-marriage Vibes
Part - 35 : Clearing Of Doubts
Part 36 - Entrance Of Narada
Part - 37 : Continuation Of Flashback
Part 38 : Thoughts
Part 39 : Confrontation
Part 40 : Plans For Fight
Part 41 : Emotional Battle
Part 42 : Planning Of War
Part 43 : Useless Banter Of Brothers ๐Ÿคญ
Part 44 : Mother-Son Convo
Part 45 : The Bonds
Sorry
Part 46 : Good News
Part 47 : The Fight
Part 48 : Naughty Childhood Of Krishna
Part 49 : Birth Of Krishna
Part 50 : Killing The Demons (Part 1)
Cover
Part 51 : Killing Of Demons (Part 2)
Part 52 : Krishna's Marriage
Announcement Of Marriage

Part 23 : The Anger

1.5K 63 48
By Dr_Aim4

As Kunti agreed for the stay in the forest till the birth of the 1st child of the younger clan, the subjects of the demon kingdom were very happy... Karna said that he needed to go back to Anga Pradesh for his works as he can't stay back with them...

From that day, a year passed... Karna had went to his kingdom after a few days for his works and the others stayed back... On a fine day, Hidimba started shouting in pain... The pain was unbearable for her... Kunti got worried and asked the Raj Vaidya to check on her... As Hidimba was pregnant, she was getting special care from everyone... The Raj Vaidya was called even for mild reasons as Kunti was really tensed for the child and her mother's health...

As the Raj Vaidya arrived, he advised Kunti to take Hidimba to a room and asked her to call the midwives as it was the time for her to deliver the baby...

Kunti was very happy... Finally the 1st child of the younger clan was going to be born... She was going to be the grandmother... The news of the child's arrival immediately brought a smile on everyone's face...

With the shouts and cries of Hidimba and the constant request of the Midwives to push a little more, suddenly a small cry was heard... The other sounds died... Bheem, who was walking to and fro, looking tensed for his wife and child, looked smilingly towards the closed door of the room... Within a few minutes, the Midwives appeared and showed everyone the child...

A baby boy was born... Kunti couldn't help but smile... Arjun instantly wrote a message to Karna to send him the news about the arrival of his nephew...

After a few moments, Hidimba came with the boy in her arms...

As she arrived, Bheem saw the child clearly... He took him in his arms... The feeling of his first child in his arms made him feel like he had achieved everything...

But on the next moment, the reality hit him hard... This was the last moment he is seeing his child... He won't be able to see them any more... He needs to leave his family here... He needs to leave his son and his wife... And go away to somewhere else...

The feeling tore him up... He didn't want to leave them alone... But couldn't stay there too... Observing his silence, Hidimba silently took her child from the arms of Bheem and requested Bheem to bless their child... After that, Hidimba asked Bheem to cut his hand, and do a tilak on the forehead of his son with the blood of him...

As Bheem did the same, a magic happened... The small son suddenly started to grow in height and took up the resemblance of an elder person...

Bheem couldn't understand what was going on... But Hidimba explained him that when a demon gets the touch of their human father's blood, the demon grows to be a man quickly... By this way, Hidimba said, Bheem can leave and the kingdom will be guided by their son thereafter...

Bheem was happy with the arrangement but the thought of leaving his son and wife still pained him a lot...

As the child grew up, Hidimba ordered him to take blessings from his father, his uncles and his grandmother...

A

s soon as Hidimba ordered, the child followed her orders... The brothers were proud of him... Bheem took his son in his arms and proudly named him

GHATOTKACH

With this, Ghatotkach promised him that whenever his father will remember him and call him, he will immediately come to follow his orders....

Bheem was proud of his son... His son understood him... The child knew why his father was leaving him... But Bheem had faith on hidimba... He knew she will provide him with all the good knowledges and make him a great person...

He reluctantly started leaving the place, the subjects and his family observing him with tears in their eyes... But after his 2 steps forward, he again ran back to his family and hugged them tightly for the last time... Ghatotkach was sad... But was happy too... He knew that it took lots of hard work for Bheem to leave them but still Bheem left them for his duties...

Karna got the message of the Pandavas stating that they were leaving the place and will return back soon in his kingdom... There they will decide their next action...

Karna was happy about their arrival... He instructed the workers to decorate the palace... After few days, the Pandavas reached the kingdom of Panchal... After Arjun's encounter with Drupad and Drupad's capture, the kingdom got divided into two parts... Dakshin Panchal and Kampilya... Dakshin Panchal was maintained and ruled by Ashwatthama, the son of Guru Drona while Kampilya was ruled by Drupad...

Roaming here and there, they reached Kampilya... At that time, Drupad had organised a contest to choose a perfect suitor for his daughter - Draupadi...

The contest was for Archers... Drupad had one thing in mind... He wanted Arjun to be the husband of Draupadi... From the time Arjun had defeated him in war, Drupad had started liking him though he had to face humiliation for him...

Drupad knew that only Arjun had that power in him to conquer the competition... He knew many more Archers but he wanted Arjun to be the one for his daughter...

And that was the reason he had kept a difficult competition for the suitors... He knew that only Arjun had the ability to pass through the difficulties...

When the Pandavas heard about the competition, they thought of attending it for enjoyment...

At the day of the competition, Pandavas saw Krishna, Balaram and Subhadra present in the special seats made for chief guests over the stage beside the royal seat for the king himself...

As the competition began, the princes started coming to try on their luck but everything was in vain... None could pass the exam... Finally, it was the time for Karna to try...

As he proceeded towards the stage and took over the bow and tied the bow string, princess Draupadi rejected him stating him to be of lower caste...

Draupadi : Stop there Suta putra... You have no right to participate in this competition... This competition is meant for princes of royal origin... But you... How can you think of marrying me? Have you forgot about you lineage and its limits?

As soon as the words left Draupadi's mouth, Arjun from the seats of the Rishis stood up... He came towards the stage and took away his disguise... And there came Prince Arjun... Draupadi was seeing Arjun with love and affection in her eyes... The sight of Arjun itself took away her heart... But Arjun... He was fuming in anger...

Arjun : How dare you Princess... How dare you to say that?

Do you even know who is he? And what is his origin?

He's my eldest brother... The eldest son of Pandu and the rightful heir of the throne of Hastinapur... During our childhood, some incidents happened for which we lost him (That's the explanation that Pandu and Kunti had given the brothers when they were asked about their eldest brother's story) and now... After 15 yrs of separation, we had found him...

Who had given you the permission to talk about his lineage? He's a prince and is very much capable of winning this competition... But do you know why he just kept them away? Just because he has got the love of his life... Otherwise, you don't even know what would have happened... And you were talking about his limits? You should know your limits princess... Your father has arranged this competition for suitors and invitation was sent to Anga as well... That meant he was eligible for participation... When you don't know anything you should learn to stay quiet... Maharaj Drupad, we're sorry for this entertainment here...

Jyesth... We should leave now...

With this Arjun held Karna's hand and started leaving the platform...

Now what will happen? Arjun is very angry with Draupadi for insulting his brother... The other Pandavas are fuming with anger too... Will Drupad be able to convince Arjun to marry Draupadi or their marriage won't happen? Stay tuned to know more...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Unwanted Bride By

Historical Fiction

4.6K 247 8
Another Karna and Draupadi's fanfiction. A very different story from the one we already know. This is purely my imagination and doesn't intend to...
10.8K 646 25
While going out from dyut sabha, I was guilt ridden, ashamed, beyond hurt from my inside. I was not angry with anyone but myself. I knew that whateve...
23.9K 1.1K 15
What if Karna was the incarnation of one of the strongest Warriors of Treta Yuga (Second Age)? What if he was an ansh of Mahadev? What if Lord Surya...
20.3K 430 9
A girl who was belonged to kaliyug but suddenly she belongs to dwapar yug? A girl who was the orphan suddenly she get a big family even a twin brothe...