π”π§π¬π©π¨π€πžπ§ 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 ➢...

By Cutie_Cabello

To say Toni's life was a disaster would be the understatement of the year. Living in an abandoned factory, i... More

π”π§π¬π©π¨π€πžπ§ 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e

n i n e t e e n

228 9 6
By Cutie_Cabello

To watch her professor in her own world felt like a gift. The way she concentrated so strongly on what the apartment was in need of, constantly glancing over her shoulder to ask Toni a random question or two. It didn't feel like an outing with her college professor, despite the fact that in over two weeks they'll be back facing one another across several desks once more.  Any moment they shared within that time frame was to remain between them. Toni watched as the redhead tossed a second packet of clotted cream fudge into the cart, an eyebrow raising as the woman didn't think twice.

"I've never met anyone who actually enjoys that shit."

A glare was shot Toni's way, Cheryl quickly biting back, "It's the only thing that brings me joy in my life, don't judge."

"The only thing? Should I be offended?" Toni teased almost flirtatiously, a twinge of a smirk on the corner of her lips. It was hard to miss the hint of colour that lit up Cheryl's cheeks. But it was quickly accompanied by a simple eye roll.

"You'll be offended when we leave here empty handed, hurry up and throw some food in." Cheryl grunted as she urged the shopping cart down the aisle, her attention flickering back to her mission. Toni trailing a few steps behind, her brown eyes lingering on the freshly made fudge brownies that lay behind the glass of the bakery. "You look like you're about to start drooling, stop hesitating and put them in the cart, weirdo."

Toni eventually gave up resisting the temptation of the chocolate smothered treats. The low growl vibrating through her stomach telling her they wouldn't go to waste. With a smile, she'd politely asked the woman before the counter for two, one for her and one for Cheryl. Her professor had already made her way towards the end of the aisle, swiping all sorts into the cart. Something told Toni that half of that was more for the pink haired girl than herself.

"So your brother, what is he like?" The brunette asked, filling the silence as the two walked alongside one another, Toni partially out of breath attempting to keep pace with her professor.

Cheryl smiled, an almost nostalgic expression dancing along her face. "He's almost like my guardian angel, you'd never hear a bad word about me fall from his lips. Something the rest of my family would never be able to relate to."

"Sounds like my kind of guy."

Cheryl scoffed, shooting her student a look, "Here I was thinking you were a full blown lesbian, scissor and all."

At the remark the caramel skinned girl burst out in a joyous laugh, enjoying the light banter between the pair. The sudden sound turned a few heads, something that occurred often anytime Cheryl went anywhere.

"You're funny," Toni shook her head with a grin, "You know what I mean - he sounds like a nice guy, are the kids his?"

The photograph flowed into her mind, the image of the taller man and two identical twins before them both told her the resemblance between them were uncanny.

"Juniper and Dagwood, they're my niece and nephew." Cheryl spoke with such fondness, a warm glow behind her chestnut eyes, "They lost their mom when they were born, I don't think Jason could've managed without them. I couldn't bear leaving his side for the first few months."

"I can't imagine losing someone like that, to go through the whole nine months, just to lose the one you took that journey with," A heavy feeling began to tighten in the atmosphere, the talk of death feeling like darkness was looming over them. "I'm really sorry, I have no doubt those children have been brought up exactly how their mother would have wanted."

"Jason's incredible with them, he's a natural father, I only wish he'd find someone for himself - it's been ten years and he's had no interest in another woman."

Toni hesitated, knowing Cheryl was clearly conflicted on her brother's situation. She didn't want to tread on the redheads toes. "I totally understand where he's coming from, I mean, for the last ten years those kids are all he's known. He might not be ready to bring a new woman into their life."

The petite woman assumed Cheryl would take her comment the wrong way, taking offence and snapping at her. But the woman just nodded softly, considering Toni's words, something most people didn't bother to do.

The subtle action ignited a sensation of safety in her chest. A defeated sigh fell past Cheryl's lips,

"I haven't told him about me and Heather yet." The confession was quiet, almost as though it wasn't meant for Toni to hear. "He thought she'd be my chance at happiness, if he's right then I've just let her slip through my fingers."

"Dude, you're twenty-four, you've got more than enough time to explore your options, find the thing or person that could truly be everything you've ever wanted," Toni attempted to assure her professor as they turned onto a new aisle towards the tills. "Jason will do nothing but support you, whether or not he likes Heather or not."

"Why are all of our conversations so depressing? Come on, you secret softie, let's pay for this and head home." Cheryl smiled warmly, "I've got a few ideas on how we can spend our term vacation."

"Thank you, Cherry."

The two women stepped towards one of the self serving checkouts, the anxiety of having a nosey cashier not taking a liking to either of them. Self checkout was the best thing to ever happen to stores in the US. Cheryl's eyes were quick to dart towards the discarded summer items stashed beneath Toni's pile of junk food, brown eyes flickering back to her newfound friend.

"How about you go and wait in the car? No need for us both to linger any longer than need be in this place." Cheryl suggested, in an attempt to divert the woman's attention from the cart.

In suspicion, Toni's eyebrow raised, "And leave you to carry the shopping, as well as buying it? No way, Red."

The professor internally groaned, a small part of her wishing Toni was like every other lesbian she'd met in this town. Self-centred. Heather had hardly bothered to assist her whilst shopping, now here Toni was refusing to leave her to carry her own bags.

"It'll be two bags, three at least." The redhead continued to press, insistent on the student to wait elsewhere. "I promise if I stagger on my way to the car, I'll call for a knight in shining armor to assist me."

The joke was weak, but the pink haired girl offered her a small laugh. It was obvious in her actions that she was determined to be left alone, so all Toni could do was comply. She pondered on whether the redhead was afraid her card would decline, but as she recalled the apartment the woman lived in. There was no way that money would've been an issue. With her hands held up as though she were at gunpoint, Toni rolled her eyes playfully.

"Fine. I'll meet you back at the car but if I see you heading this way in a struggle, know that I'll be irritated that you didn't just accept my help."

For a second, Cheryl hesitated, knowing she'd most likely regret not taking up the younger womans assistance. But for their term break plans to be a surprise, Toni had to be kept in the dark.

"Yes, yes, I'll be fine," In an effortless toss, the keys to her car landed perfectly in Toni's hands with a slight clang. "Do you know how to work the music station?"

"I feel slightly embarrassed to say that I don't."

Cheryl cracked a soft smile, "Stick the keys in the ignition, the radio should light up, there should be a toggle for you to pick which of the stations you'd like to listen to. I shouldn't be too long, and if you're stuck, I'll show you the ropes."

"Right," Toni nodded briefly, allowing her mind to repeat the instructions to memorise like clockwork. "Got it, see you in fifteen, stranger."

[X]

Cheryl had practically refused entry to their apartment when they'd returned from their long winded shopping trip. Merely allowing the brunette to assist her in lugging their more than three bags full of food that had caught their eye. Without much more than a simple,

"I've got some arrangements to handle, I'll see you at seven. I'll get to cooking up something for us when you get back."

The mahogany door was slammed in her face. What Toni hadn't realised was whilst she was busy rummaging the store for food, Cheryl had piled anything that looked like vacation material into her cart. Her student had barely acknowledged the cart as she dropped an armful of food supplies upon the tubes of sunscreen and shades.

Hesitancy rose in Toni's body as she took a step outside the building complex she was now calling home - without her professor by her side, she wasn't even sure they'd let her back in. It wasn't the first time she'd been turned away from a place for not appearing as though she fit in there.

A heavy sigh escaped past her lips, the brunette wondering what she could do to entertain herself for the next couple of hours. Fangs was more than likely with his boyfriend, while Sweet Pea was left abandoned in his trailer. It took a few minutes before she settled on visiting her old friend, praying he hadn't picked up a relationship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65K 2.2K 28
***COMPLETED*** What if both the girls grew up together in 'The Sisters'? What if they were left, waiting to be adopted? What if they became best fri...
45K 870 41
GO READ "BROKEN LOVE" INSTEADDDDD!!!!! Cheryl and Toni will meet in college as roommates.. and Cheryl is def not happy About that. But maybe Toni isn...
27.8K 716 10
Cheryl is nervous about attending her high school reunion in case Toni makes an appearance, they haven't seen each other in ten years but Cheryl is s...
71.3K 1.1K 32
What if choni isn't gay couple and Toni is a boy who has few stitches on his heart from his childhood . Will this end up well ? Ranked number 1 #chon...