some statehouse stories

By krisFujiyoka

I have no idea what I'm doing but here you go! Feel free to request anything, but I don't write sex. More

Requests
California has an earthquake
California has an earthquake part two
Loui and Florida at the club
The next day
some Texas angst
florida's plan
Preparing for the camping trip
Florida's plan part three
finally camping (florida's plan part four)
More camping trip aka Florida's plan is coming together
the second day of the camping trip (aka florida's plan manifesting)
the end of the camping trip (aka florida's plan realized)
happy pride :)
a little chaos, a lot of disappointment
maryland needs some love
new jersey has a fire
cali gets kidnapped part one
cali gets kidnapped part three
cali gets kidnapped part four
Cali gets kidnapped part five
cali gets kidnapped part six
cali gets kidnapped part seven
cali gets kidnapped part eight
cali gets kidnapped part nine
cali gets kidnapped part ten
cali gets kidnapped part eleven
cali gets kidnapped part twelve
A/N
when the west goes to a brewery
Healing ch 1
healing ch 2
healing ch 3
healing ch 4
healing ch 5
Healing ch 6
healing ch 7
healing ch 8
healing ch 9 - end
the accident part one
the accident part two
the accident part three

cali gets kidnapped part two

284 21 11
By krisFujiyoka

Welp. Today happened. Writing is an escape for me, so enjoy this quick update. Part three will probably be done tomorrow. -kris-

TW: cursing, mention (and usage) of drugs, mention of alcohol, nonspecific medical experimentation mentions

-----

Three weeks had gone by since California had gone missing. Twenty-five days to be exact (not that Texas or New York were keeping track or anything). Gov had texted Florida that he had an update, finally, but wanted to keep the information on the down-low. Florida agreed, sending a message to Texas, Louisiana, New York, and Colorado to come to his room for a quick meeting with Gov.

Utah entered the room with Colorado. Gov went to say something then stopped himself. Colorado had been clinging to Utah ever since it was discovered that his brother was missing. Not that Utah particularly minded since he had his own kids and knew how they got when they were extremely upset. He was pretty fond of the square state, even if he did things Utah found immoral.

"Well?" Texas demanded once everyone was gathered.

"Okay, so the FBI was able to track the car that picked California up," Gov announced. "It's taken so long because the car was swapped multiple times, but they are confident they have the right building. They are going in later today."

Louisiana and Florida grinned. Even Colorado looked excited at the news.

"I'll get a call later on," Gov promised. "As soon as I do, I'll let you all know."

--

California came to, bolting upright as frigid water was dumped over his sore body. He shivered, blinking awake as another round of freezing water was dumped on him. He slowly looked up, making sure not to speak. An older woman, someone he considered a friendly face, was "cleaning" him.

A flurry of activity was going on across the room. California did his best to focus on the movement, trying to decipher the meaning. Hurried words were spoken in hushed tones as boxes were packed haphazardly.

"...inside man gave us enough warning," one of the lab coat wearers was saying just loud enough for California to hear. The person they spoke to replied more quietly so he missed the response. He tried to make sense of what he heard, but his brain was fuzzy from whatever drugs he'd been forced to ingest over the last few days.

"Vamanos," the woman next to California ordered gently, snapping her fingers to get the state's attention. She was probably the nicest person he'd become acquainted with during his captivity. "Tengo ropa para ti."

California frowned, but allowed himself to be led towards another corner of the room. A pair of black cotton sweats and a black t-shirt were laid out for him. Knowing he was meant to wear them, he slowly put the clothes on. They were big on him and felt rather uncomfortable after not having had any clothing on for weeks.

"You've been very well-behaved so far," a voice California had become all too familiar with announced. He shivered, turning around and training his eyes at the boots the man always wore. "We're moving locations. Consider this another test."

California swallowed nervously but nodded in understanding. He wanted nothing other than to escape, but that wasn't a viable option. It had been made abundantly clear that if he were to escape, the kidnappers would go after either Colorado or Florida as well as kill the only person who had been friendly to him so far. None of these options were okay for the golden state. He didn't want his brother nor one of his boyfriends to take his place (or anyone else for that matter - not after seeing and experiencing what these people could and would do), and he certainly didn't want to be the reason someone was killed.

The man turned and headed out of the room. California followed silently. They made their way into an underground garage. A number of black cars with heavily tinted windows came into sight. The man led California to one of these cars and motioned for him to get into the back seat. As soon as he was seated, he felt a prick in his arm. He tried fighting to stay conscious but the drug won out and his vision quickly faded to black.

---

Around a dozen states joined Gov, Texas, Florida, Louisiana, New York, Colorado, and Utah in the living room that evening. It had actually been Nebraska's idea to have a movie night. A way to distract themselves while waiting for the good news from Gov (in a house with fifty people, no secrets were kept quiet long). Everyone was lounging around, confident they would be celebrating California's safe return soon enough.

An hour into the movie, Gov excused himself as his phone started ringing. The movie was paused and the gathered states held their breath, all trying to overhear the conversation.

"What do you mean, empty?" Gov demanded. He paused as whoever he was talking to replied. Florida and Louisiana traded a concerned look. "Yeah, okay... okay, thank you."

Gov reentered the room, a disappointed look on his face.

"They didn't find him?" Colorado asked, his voice small.

Gov shook his head. He took a moment to compose himself before speaking. "They were able to confirm he was there, but the place was cleared out when the FBI went in. They're trying to track where they might have gone."

"Why'd they wait?" Texas demanded angrily.

"They had to make certain," Gov explained patiently. "They can't just barge in somewhere until they're one hundred percent sure."

New York scoffed. "Yeah, right."

Gov sighed. "I want him back safe too, guys. It's just... taking longer than expected."

Texas stood, his eyes hard. "I'm gonna rip every last one of them apart when we find 'im."

Texas stormed outside, the front door slamming shut. The room was deathly silent for a few minutes, only Colorado and Florida's sniffles being heard.

"Can we help in any way?" Ohio finally broke the silence by asking.

"Just remind your people to report any suspicious behavior or people they notice," Gov answered. He sounded defeated. "I'm going to my office if anyone needs me."

Colorado peeled himself from Utah's arms. "Coco?" Utah asked softly, concern in his voice.

"I'm going to my room," Colorado whispered, walking away.

"Please don't smoke," Utah requested.

Colorado froze in the doorway. "My brother's been kidnapped and missing for weeks. I can't do this sober anymore."

Florida and Louisiana stood up simultaneously. "Flo an' I'll join ya," Louisiana offered. He turned towards Utah. "I'll keep an eye on 'im, make sure he don't overdo it."

Utah nodded once, sitting back on the sofa. The three left, stopping at the kitchen for some alcohol before heading up to Colorado's bedroom.

Alabama stood next. He turned to Mississippi and Georgia. "Let's go talk to Texas, y'all," he suggested. Mississippi and Georgia nodded, following Alabama outside.

"I want to shoot something," New York mumbled after the southern states left.

New Jersey grinned. "Let's go to the range."

"It's been wicked long since we did that," Massachusetts noted.

"Penny, you got our guns still?" Connecticut asked.

Pennsylvania nodded. "Yeah, locked up in my room. C'mon, let's go."

The northeast states left. Utah, Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri were left behind in the living room.

"Um, do we finish the movie, or..." Iowa wondered.

Nebraska and Missouri shrugged. Utah nodded. "We might as well. Nothing we can really do anyway..."

---

Bang!

California opened his eyes, heart pounding. Gunshots rang out in a distant part of the warehouse. He could hear faint screaming and people yelling. He pulled himself into a sitting position, shifting the chain that was securing his leg to the wall so he could sit cross-legged.

The sound of gunfire and screaming grew louder. He shivered as his door opened and slam shut. His kidnapper strode into the room, no longer wearing his lab coat. He was dressed in all black and wore a large backpack.

"Guess it's your lucky day," he announced. He rifled through one of the locked drawers across the room from the bed, pulling out a thick envelope. "Honestly thought they would have gotten you sooner. Well, their delay gave me plenty of time to get everything I needed from you, and then some."

The man stepped over to the bed. He stabbed a needle into California's arm and emptied the contents with a quick press. "I appreciate your cooperation this past month. Don't worry, I'll be back."

As the sounds outside the room continued to get closer, the man left through a hidden door in the room. A few moments later, the main door was knocked down. California flinched and shifted his attention to the rescue party.

Seven FBI agents poured into the room, guns out and ready. One of them spotted California sitting on the bed and motioned for his partners to secure the rest of the room. "Eagle spotted," he spoke into a radio.

California remained silent as the agents cleared the room. A dozen or so more could be heard in the hallway, creating a perimeter and clearing the surrounding rooms and halls. The agent who spotted him lowered his gun and walked up to the kidnapped states, hands up and palms facing out.

California's heartbeat sped up anyway as the man stopped a foot from the bed. He struggled to focus on the man and what he was saying.

"I'm Agent Wallace," the man announced. "We - my partners and I - are here to help you. Can you tell me your name?"

Panic started to take hold in his drugged mind. Was this a trick? A test?

"Meyers!" Agent Wallace called out, his tone low so as to not scare California any more than he already was. "I need you and Reyes."

Two women stepped over. California shrunk back, leaning hard into the concrete wall behind him, flinching as his raw skin rubbed against the uneven surface. Agent Wallace stepped away from the bed and spoke into his radio again.

"Hi there," one of the women greeted, her voice gentle. She knelt on the floor so she was at California's level.  California stared past her, not meeting her gaze. "I'm Agent Amy Meyers. And this is Agent Shelby Reyes. You can just call us Amy and Shelby if you want. We're from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. We're here to help."

The other woman, Shelby, nodded. "Can you tell us your name?"

California bit his lip, shaking his head. He hadn't spoken a word in weeks. The repercussions were just too much.

"Are you California?" Amy asked.

California nodded.

"Do you know where you are?" Amy wondered.

California shook his head.

"We're going to get a stretcher in here and get you out," Shelby said. "Can you move?"

California shook his head again.

"Amy, look," Shelby said, pointing to the chain attached to California's ankle.

Amy nodded. "We need a stretcher and bolt cutters in here," she spoke into the radio.

California's vision started swimming. Amy and Shelby started speaking to him again, but he couldn't make sense of their words anymore. His body felt heavy and in just a few minutes darkness took over once again. The last thing he heard was his kidnapper's final words to him repeating in his head: Don't worry, I'll be back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 231 31
Hello! I'm Gray and i am 14, i normally write during school becuase this is my school wattpad account lmao, i dont normally update on weekends unless...
19.5K 545 106
Welcome to the Table Stuffs. Most of it is Head-cannons, with a small storyline going on within. If someone would like me to say what chapters have t...
1.3K 55 25
Based off of Ben Brainard's "The Table" series on yt. I do take requests! <3
6.6K 120 19
I do not apologize if this ends up being mostly injury angst because I love writing injury angst :) Also, this is based off of the yt series by Ben B...