Fury And Darkness: Legends of...

By Jauhara85

"There is no use fighting me, you will only make it harder and painful. You are already MINE!" Alcione has be... More

The Dream and The Devil
A Visit to a Forgotten Time
The Dark Lord
Unfortunate Circumstances with a Blue Gift
Mr. Keep Wing
A Rose in the Field of Thorns
Author's Note :)
The Wakinyan
Blitzkrieg
The Valkyrja
Feast of the Macabre
The Case of the Phantom Islands
A Chink on the Dark Lord's Armor
A Problem with Goo
Author's Note
The Plane of In Between
Hush
Inamorare

Thunder Booms and Lightning Strikes

177 8 2
By Jauhara85

"This storm... it is not good..." an old village woman said, voice shaking with cold fear and of old age as she stared at the ranging storm from her window. A woman, who was cooking dinner, whirled around in surprise, spatula clattering on the linoleum floor as she stared wide eyed at her old mother, standing and speaking as if she was not bedridden for eight years; not speaking, not moving.

"M-mother..." the woman called out softly, as if she is afraid that her mother will break into a million pieces and the illusion of her standing and speaking will be gone if she spoke in a loud voice. Her hands shaking from the pressure of holding back the urge to run to her mother and crush her in a tight embrace.

The old woman turn slowly to look at her daughter. The lady carefully laid her hands on the old woman's shoulder and stirred her slowly towards the narrow bed in the middle of their small, one-room home. "Mam... -the woman swallowed- "I am so happy to see you up but please do not stand near the window, you might catch your death in the cold of this horrific storm."

The old woman grabbed her daughter's arm in a grip that surprise the much younger woman. "My dear, you need to be ready and look out... All of us in this village should ready and look out, the storm!" the old woman said in a quacking, screeching voice.

"Mam? It's just a storm, very strong, but that's just it." the woman said, trying to comfort her old mother.

The old woman, grabbed the arms of her daughter. She gasped as her face, a mere inch away from her mother's. The old woman's glassy, unseeing, cataract riddled eyes is now fiercely focused on her. the tingling sensation that coursed through her body was not because of happiness to see her mother up on her feet, nor the fury of the storm, but from the voice coming from her old mother's mouth; the voice is of a young girl.

"Do you not see, girl! The storm, it is not of Mother Nature's creation, the Dark Lord is coming.... He is coming to wreak havoc on the mortals who dared challenge and take his land! And we are now in the middle of it... we are going to be the blood sacrifice to the gods and we cannot run for we are trapped!" at this, the old woman slumped back in her bed like a deadweight, her eyes wide open and unblinking as it stared up the rotting ceiling.

~***~

Thousands of miles north from the village of Braem, a huge military battalion is trying to set up camp against the raging storm. Soldiers scurry about trying to set up tents and equipments, but with the strong winds and heavy downpour of rain prevented them from accomplishing anything; soldiers tried to run after important papers flying around, while some tried to complete the orders that were screamed at them by their superiors, some losing their foot hold as strong winds tried to blow them away.

In the midst of all this chaos stands a commanding figure. Big hands resting on lean hips, broad muscled chest out that tapered down to a flat stomach, arms bulging from the rolled-up sleeves of his military uniform, long, powerful legs apart and feet firmly planted on the ground, his golden hair whipping back from his handsome face as he stared up to the sky, as if challenging the storm to topple him down as the strong wind and rain battered down his body.

A soldier ran towards the figure, it was no easy feat as the strong wind threatened to blow him away. Eventually he arrived beside the man. "Commander! Sir! The storm is getting stronger! We have already set your tent up for you!" the soldier shouted so as to be heard from the deafening howl of the wind.

The man whom the soldier called commander slowly turned his face towards the soldier. The soldier almost staggered back in fear as the commander fixed his cold, cobalt blue eyes on him. The commander smiled, a sinister smile, and said; "Tell them to assemble, we will have a meeting, to plan the siege of the Realm."

~***~

"Sir, bring the girl and leave now, run as far as you can while we hold up the Dark Lord here! Give you some time..." Pulhu shouted to his back where Keep Wing and Alcione is standing. Adaru, with her bow and arrow pointed towards the entrance, second Pulhu's statement with a nod, as she took cautious steps nearer the door.

"No... no no no no!" Alcione cried. She took a step towards Pulhu but Keep Wing pulled her back , his dark eyes intent on the two warriors, his friends. Adaru turned her gaze to Keep Wing and stared her intense ice blue eyes on his dark ones. Keep Wing suddenly froze, not a single movement can be detected from him. Adaru and Keep Wing stared for a few minutes while the house rocked and shook with the earth as the Dark Lord came fast towards them.

"Keep Wing..." Alcione whispered. Adaru's gaze whipped at Alcione, making her gasp and freeze, Keep Wing let out a gust of breath as if he has held it back beyond his lung's capacity.

Alcione, Alcione heard Adaru call her in her mind, while she fixed her gaze at the unmoving, close-mouthed warrior, go now, follow whatever Mr. Keep Wing will tell you. Do not make it harder for him as he never ever have to run from the Dark Lord. He will do this to protect you.

Alcione mentally shakes her head. No! This is all because of me! I don't want to leave you and Pulhu here to face him! Alcione exclaimed.

Adaru frowned at her and said, if you will be a pain in the ass, I will slap the hell out of you.

Adaru look back at Keep Wing, she nodded. "Keep safe, Sir. We will see each other soon." Adaru said, for a brief moment, her eyes lost its icy fierceness as she looked with affection towards Keep Wing.

"What are you waiting for? They are already upon us, Go! Now!" Pulhu shouted. Keep Wing nodded, grabbed Alcione's arm and ran towards the fireplace.

Alcione, realizing that Keep Wing is running, with him dragging her, towards the huge fireplace and straight towards the flames, screamed at him to stop and let her go, and pounded her hands against Keep Wing's arm. To her horror, Keep Wing threw Alcione into the fire, she shut her eyes tightly and let out an ear splitting scream, bracing for the pain that is sure to come.

Aclione screamed at the top of her lungs, until it finally dawned on her that she is still screaming while drops of water hit her with so much force that she saw herself looking up the dark sky. Big, cold drops of rain hit her face and body, drenching her within seconds.

"What... what..." Alcione muttered as she raised herself in her elbows and saw that she is sprawled in the muddy ground. She ran her hands all over her, bewildered that she is not on fire that she is not inside the house but actually outside of it, at the back of the big house. Keep Wing appeared at her feet out of nowhere as if he just walked out of some place, a deep frown marked his smooth forehead.

"Are you done screaming the storm away?" Keep Wing said, one eyebrow raised.

Alcione stood up, look around. "But you... threw me to the flames... I thought I will be fried to my death... I'm outside, why am I outside..." Alcione muttered.

Keep Wing shrugged. "We cannot go out by the front door, so we just went by the fireplace. I can make a portal anywhere I can." He answered offhand.

Alcione slowly turned her head towards Keep Wing's relaxed form. She went to him in big, angry strides as her hand raised in a big arc. Before Keep Wing could react, Alcione's hand descended and gave a ringing slap on his left cheek, his head whipped back by the force of it.

"What-"another hard slap on his right cheek, abruptly cut off whatever Keep Wing was going to say. Before he can recover, Alcione grabbed him by the lapels of his shirt and roughly dragged his face near hers, that he can clearly see every freckle she has and the shinning gold in her angry eyes.

"Next time you do that, giving me a heart attack with your damn magic or whatever you people "normally" do here in this world, without any warning, I am going to kill you... Got it?" Alcione gritted, face so close to his.

"Capisce." Keep Wing answered. His mind went blank in the unexpectedness of Alcione's actions.

Alcione let go of him and took a few steps back away, when a blast of black mist exploded somewhere in the front yard of Keep Wing's house. Tendrils of the mist swirled up towards the roof of the house and crawled through the ground around the house towards the back, Keep Wing and Alcione stared at it with wide eyes. Soft whispers and moans of longing and seeking can be heard from the dark mist. Seeking for Alcione.

"Run!" Keep Wing shouted at Alcione.

"Oh no, not again!" Alcione exclaimed as she turned her back to the mist and ran, with Keep Wing running almost beside her, towards the trees and tall shrubs into the forest beyond.

Keep Wing and Alcione ran through the forest as the mist, getting the scent of the young girl the Dark Lord is coming for, swiftly chased after them, it's moaning and shrieking echoing through the forest. Alcione breath gushes out with force as she felt her body tire from running in the soft, muddy and uneven terrain of the forest.

She looked back and moaned with fear as shapes and forms of horrible creatures emerged in the mist, running fast, making the ground shake, some jumping from one tree to another, shaking the trees while some were toppled down.

"How... how can a mist, an air, make the ground shake and topple trees?"Alcione furiously exclaimed.

"Don't look, just run!" Keep Wing commanded.

She let out a semblance of a growl as she pushed herself to run beyond her limit.

A part of the mist, which formed into a long legged creature that is jumping from the trees ahead of them, jumped in the air, arms and claws outstretched towards Alcione's shocked face. Keep Wing raised his hand and pointed at the creature-mist. A streak of lightning shot down from the stormy sky and through the creature, making the creature shriek and evaporate in the air before it can grab at Alcione.

Alcione tumbled to the ground from the shock-wave of the lightning, she watched as the lightning coursed through Keep Wing's body, instead to the ground, which prevented her from getting electrified.

Keep Wing, upon seeing Alcione staring wide eyed at him, snarled and with two big strides, was upon her. "What the hell are you staring for, you stupid girl! Run!" Keep Wing shouted as he grabbed Alcione up from the ground and pushed her ahead of him, as he turned and pointed towards the giant mist-creature already upon him, sending another streak of lightning to the thing and evaporating it.

Light illuminates between the trees, briefly swallowing the suffocating darkness of the forest as Keep Wing points at every dark creature that formed from the mist and chasing and grabbing at them, sending streaks of lightning at each of the creatures. The shrieks and painful moans of the creatures drowned, for a moment the sound of the raging storm, as each lightning strike hits its target. But as one creature-mist evaporates, another replaces it, more humongous and terrifying than the last. Alcione can hear the ragged breath of Keep Wing as the running and the summoning of lightning is beginning to tire him and slow him down.

No... this can't be... she thought as she stopped in her tracks when she saw Keep Wing tumble to the ground, as a winged creature-mist slammed at him. He immediately stands up and sent a streak of lightning down, hitting the creature-mist as it flew back towards him.

"Keep Wing..." Alcione began. He whirled around, cursing in another language and ran towards her, grabbing Alcione's hand as he urged her to run.

"Listen to me, girl. Do not stop running, whatever happens or for whatever reason. Do not stop running. Did you hear me?" Keep Wing shouted at her as they ran. Alcione let out a ragged yes as an answer. They both looked back and saw with surprise that the mist is already at their heels. Keep Wing let out a string of curses.

He let go of her hand. Alcione looked back and saw Keep Wing skidded to a halt and watched the wall of mist almost bearing down on him like a tsunami. He raised his hands into the sky and cried out an inhuman roar. Thousands of streaks of lightning connected to his hands.

"No! Keep Wing!" Alcione screamed as the dark mist is about to bear down on Keep Wing. He looked up to the mist and slammed his hands to the ground. The streaks of lightning exploded through the ground and some blasted through the air and into the wall of black mist. Screams of agony came from the mist as it slowly evaporated into the air. Alcione waited for Keep Wing to stand up, but he remained kneeling on the ground, smoke emanated from him

She ran back towards Keep Wing, she laid her hands on his back, a jolt of electricity stung her hands.

"Keep Wing, are you okay?" Alcione asked. No answer came from him. She shook him tentatively, then with more force as he did not respond nor stirred from his position. A shriek made Alcione snap her head up and watch as more of the dark mist weaved its way towards them.

"Keep Wing! Come on! Get up!" Alcione exclaimed at him as the mist is already on them. Alcione put out her arms to shield Keep Wing as the wall of black mist is about to slam down on them.

A piercing screech echoed from somewhere deep in the mist as it stopped inches away from the top of Alcione's head. The mist began to rumble and swirl like water, then a sudden streak of fire burst through the wall of mist, which is immediately followed by another then another.

Screams can be heard at every hole in what seems to be a solid wall of mist. Before Alcione's amazed gaze, a huge hole broke a big portion of the mist which made the mist slowly evaporate, and emerged, with an angry roar, the hulking form of Pulhu, followed by the bow bearing Adaru.

The mist slowly disappeared as Pulhu and Adaru walked briskly towards Keep Wing and Alcione. "Thank goodness, both of you are okay!" Alcione exclaimed, watching Pulhu reached for Keep Wing and slung him over his massive shoulder while Adaru's, slender arms tight with tension from pulling the bowstring and pointing the flaming arrow in the direction they came from, checking if anything will attack them.

"How is he?" Adaru ask, her voice tingling.

"We better hurry up, the Zgbyns are already on us." Pulhu answered as he started running, with Keep Wing still slung on his shoulders. As if on cue, the silhouettes of the dozen of Cail's Zygbns show up from an inclined part of the forest, half a meter away. Sensing their prey, the Zygbns growled and sprinted after them.

Oh my god... Alcione thought as she started running after Pulhu while Adaru followed close behind her, running as fast as they can away from the already nearing Zygbns.

Hearing the creatures' growl, Cail's Dark Guards raced after the Zygbns. Cail stood back, watching his Zygbns and Dark Guards chase after the quartette. With a wide smile, Cail evaporated into a dark mist and went with the strong, storm winds towards the young girl.

"Owww!" Alcione cried as she stumbled down the wet forest floor, her feet and legs screaming with pain and exhaustion. Her already wild curly hair whipping to her face as she tried to stand up. Adaru ran back to her and grabbed her arm.

"Come on, Alcione! Up!" Adaru urged.

"I can't... I can't stand up!" Alcione cried, as she held her legs, crying at the deep gash on her knee, the painful pricks of the cramp that invaded her legs and the bloodied sole of her bare feet.

"Don't do this now, girl. Get up!" Adaru gritted to the young girl.

"Just leave me, he will not come after you if he will see me here alone..." Alcione pleaded.

"If you think that, it only means you do not know the Dark Lord. We crossed his path, challenged him by helping you, he will only be appeased when he has our heads in a pike!" Adaru whispered harshly.

Alcione swallowed at the image that came up in her mind at Adaru's words, as if to emphasize her words, howls and growls of the Zygbns, combined the loud hoof beats of horses can be heard, and it's getting louder and nearer to them, freezing the group in their place.

"Set me down..." was softly spoken from Pulhu's back. Startled, Pulhu whirled around fast, seeing nothing and no one, he whirled back at Adaru and Alcione.

"Stop whirling me around like I'm some sort of hunted creature and let me down!" Keep Wing growled.

Pulhu, realizing that Keep Wing is already conscious, let go of him and carefully set him on his feet. Pulhu and Adaru bowed slightly and looked at Keep Wing with deep frowns on their faces.

"Sir, we need to move on, the Dark Lord has caught up on us" Adaru said as she and pulhu started to run ahead, only to stop when Alcione did not make a move, she stared at Keep Wing, who only looked beyond the trees to where the noise of the Dark Lord's assembled party can be heard.

"Keep Wing?" Alcione softly asked. Keep Wing looked down at her, then at the two warriors.

"We cannot run, we cannot run away from him." -his hand came up as he saw Pulhu is about to protest- "We will only tire ourselves but he would still catch us. It's better that we stand here, face and fight them with our strength still with us, rather than run and be an easy kill for them." Keep Wing stated. He looked at the trio staring at him intently.

Pulhu and Adaru stood straighter and bowed down at Keep Wing, "Whatever you will do, we will follow."

Alcione nodded. She looked at Keep Wing, Pulhu and Adaru as tears slid down from her already wet cheeks. "I am so sorry that you got into this mess... I am not good with swords or bows, I don't know any magic, but I will do my best to help you, I will fight with you."

Keep Wing approached her and put a hand on her cheek, his big hand almost cradling her entire head. "If you wish to help us, my dear, all you need to do is run, as fast as you can, away from here. We will stop the Dark Lord here. Look," -he gestured with his other hand the trees behind them- "do you see that these trees are positioned on a straight horizontal line, and that there is moss in them? These trees marks the border of the Realm and of the mortal world. If you run beyond these trees, you will be inside the Realm, you cannot get out from there. What I want you to do is run parallel of this trees and you will be able to go back to your village."

Alcione looked at the towering trees, then slowly looked at Keep Wing, and then at Pulhu and Adaru. "I-I can't just leave! I can't turn my back and leave you in this mess! It's me that Cail is after, he will not go after you, all of you, if I just turn myself in!"

"But you went here to find something that will stop him from coming after you, I apologize that I do not know how that will happen. But what we can give you is time, time to get away, time for you to find something or someone else who can help you. Go now! Everything that we have done for you, this running and fighting, will be for nothing if he gets you!" Keep Wing said, urgency evident in his voice. Alcione saw Pulhu gave her a reassuring smile while Adaru gave her a curt nod. Alcione cried silently, tears mixing with the raindrops hitting her face. The echoes of the Zygbns' howls and hoof beats almost deafening her as the storm subsides.

"Go. Now." Keep Wing said, softly pushing Alcione away from him. Alcione let out a sob, then nodded, then she turned and run along the line of the moss covered trees, as the other three watched her.

"You cannot take away what is already mine."

Keep Wing, Pulhu and Adaru turned, with a jolt, and saw Cail standing in front of them, his silver white hair flying across his pale face and on his bare, pale muscular torso. The Dark Guards behind him while the Zygbns were being held back with thick vines on their necks. In a blink of an eye, Pulhu has drawn his huge sword and is already on the air with his sword almost on top of Cail's head.

With a flick of his finger and without looking at the hulking warrior, Cail toss Pulhu away from him, slamming him into the trees on his left. The blow Cail dealt the warrior sent a strong wave of air around him enough for everyone to feel the wind on their faces. The trees that Pulhu was slammed into fell over him as he tried to get back on his feet.

As Pulhu was blown away, Adaru drew back a flaming arrow and released, straight to Cail's head. Cail looked at the flaming arrow, and to Adaru's shocked gaze, the arrow turned left and hit the felled trees were Pulhu is trying to get out from. A huge fire instantly erupted from the pile.

"No! Pulhu!" Adaru cried as she started to run towards the blazing pile of trees, but she froze in mid run as vines erupted from the ground and twisted around her body, effectively trapping her.

As this was happening, Keep Wing turned to where Alcione has ran off, to protect her, but was surprised to see her standing, as if frozen, to where the three last saw her before Cail spoke. Keep Wing noticed that something is shining on her left hand and quickly realized it is the sapphire ring, the ring that Alcione told him that Cail has force to her.

The damn thing is controlling her! Keep Wing furiously thought as he started to approach Alcione but felt his feet and legs go heavy, as he felt Cail's eyes on the back of his head, it made moving unbearably hard and draining.

"What are you doing? Why not just give up. The girl is mine." Cail said in an arrogant tone.

"Not. When. I. Am. Still. Alive!" Keep Wing grated. "Alcione! ALCIONE!" he shouted at the figure's back, hands outstretched to take hold of the girl that he has sworn to protect.

No... I failed her. Keep Wing grimly thought.

~***~

"Go. Now." Keep Wing said, softly pushing Alcione away from him. Alcione let out a sob, then nodded, then she turn and run along the line of the moss covered trees, away from the three who had help her.

You cannot run away from me. A voice, Cail's voice, said softly to her, into her head. A voice that Alcione will know anywhere. What! No! He's here... Alcione moaned internally.

"You cannot take away what is already mine." Alcione heard Cail said from behind. Instantly she froze on the spot.

I can't move! He's here! Keep Wing, Pulhu, Adaru! Alcione tried to scream but the words froze in her throat. I can't speak! Please, god no!

Alcione tried to turn, but soon realized that she really is frozen in place. At the same time, she became aware of the light shining and slightly burning sensation on her left hand. She moved her gaze down to her hand and saw the ring that Cail has given her, emitting a bluish light and where the burning sensation is comes from.

She felt a sudden movement somewhere, where she thinks Keep Wing, Pulhu and Adaru stood. A sound of sword being drawn and thump of feet on the damp earth, then nothing, then came a creaking sound coming from a string being drawn too tight. As Alcione strained to hear, she felt the swoosh of air, then a strong wave of air hit her with so much force that it knocked the air out of her and would have thrown her into the ground if she was not frozen into place.

What- Alcione thought at the same time hearing the sharp sound of something fast and slender cutting the air.

Adaru! Alcione exclaimed.

She suddenly heard a muted exclamation then a tremendous crash of breaking wood and falling trees assailed her ears. Then seconds after, an eruption of sorts followed by a blaze of fire light illuminated the trees in front and around Alcione.

"No! Pulhu!" Adaru's scream sent a chill running up and down her spine.

Pulhu? No... It can't be... Strong and big Pulhu... No.... Alcione whimpered, voiceless, tears streamed down her face and into her muddy shirt, as it dawned on her that Pulhu attacked Cail and was the reason for the trees breaking and crashing, and the sound of string being stretch too tight and the swish of something fast cutting through the air was Adaru's flaming arrow, the flaming arrow that is meant for Cail but that is now embedded on the fallen trees and set it on a huge fire.

Turn around, face Cail, and fight him, save them! Alcione urged her body to move, to fight whatever it is that's stopping her from moving.

She heard movement, then dragging steps towards her. Keep Wing. Realized Alcione.

"What are you doing? Why not just give up. The girl is mine." She heard Cail said in an arrogant tone.

"Not. When. I. Am. Still. Alive!" Keep Wing grated. "Alcione! ALCIONE!" Alcione heard Keep Wing shout.

Yes! Keep Wing! Come here! Help me! Alcione silently pleaded as she tried to break the spell freezing her.

~***~

I must get to her... Keep Wing thought as he drag one step at a time towards Alcione. He saw her small hands ball into fist, her body shaking all over. She is fighting it, he banded her into place but she is fighting it! Keep Wing thought, a swell of pride forming in his heart for the vulnerable human girl, fighting the most powerful being of the Realm.

Alcione, painstakingly slow, moved and faced Keep Wing, her whole body shaking and her breathing labored. As soon as she faced everyone, her eyes went wide as she took in everything that has happened while she stood there, her back to them, unmoving; the huge fire from the pile of trees, Adaru's pale, angry face, her body tightly bound by vines, Keep Wing's tired expression, black armor clad men on big black horses with the crazed Zgbyns restrained, then her round brown-gold eyes fell on the handsome frowning face of Cail. He stood with his feet apart, a heavy dark blue robe drapes from his shoulders all the way to the ground, his muscular chest exposed, his gray silver eyes sharp and intent on Alcione's face, curiosity and surprise evident in them. Not a scar, from his encounter with Pulhu and Adaru, as cats, can be seen on any part of his body.

Alcione's eyes became slits with anger as she stared hard at Cail, her breast rising and falling with her ragged breathing. Cail braced for the outburst that he is sure to come from her, everyone waited for her to speak.

Alcione held up her finger, "Wait," -panting- "give me a sec," -breathing heavily- "let me catch my breath!"

Everyone looked at each other. They all jumped as Alcione released a loud, ragged breath and stood straighter, she glared at Cail.

"Cail, let them go. I am here, you already caught me, let them go now." Alcione gritted at the Dark Lord.

The Dark Guards were so surprised at the way the human girl addressed their Lord that they turned their gaze to Cail, bracing for his wrath. But much to their amazement, the Dark Lord smiled longingly at the small girl, instead of killing her. The guards fidget at their seat, Mubbirum, captain of the Dark Guards, sent a withering stare at the other guards, making them sit straighter, hiding their uneasiness.

"My beautiful rose, that I simply cannot do." Cail answered Alcione in an endearing manner.

So, this human girl, is the "rose" the Dark Lord has been hunting for, Mubbirum thought, incredulous, analyzing the defiant expression on the girl's face and the longing look on his lord's.

"And why is that? I am here, you caught up with me, and so what else do you want?" Alcione spat

"They defied me and tried to take you away from me, I want to see them dead." Cail answered, his soft tone sending alarm bells going off in Alcione's head.

A loud sound erupted from the big fire, then something dark and big leaped from the inferno into the air, then landed with a loud and thundering crash into the ground, creating a small crater around it. The thing stood up and everyone saw it was Pulhu, blackened by the flames, smoke wafted from his whole body as he held his huge sword and ran towards Cail.

At this, Cail signaled at the guards, they let go of the Zygbns to attack Pulhu. Cail, sensing a sharp movement in the air took a step back just as a long black arrow flew near enough his face, that it left a slice on his skin, then the arrow hit one of the Dark Guards in the arm. Cail turned his furious gaze at the now freed Adaru, already letting go of the second arrow aimed at him. Cail turned into mist just at the moment that arrow would have embedded in between his eyes.

Cail appeared behind Adaru with his sword about to chop off her head when Pulhu, appeared with lightning speed unusual for his bulk, in front of Cail, blocking his sword with his, protecting Adaru's vulnerable back, while Adaru felled an approaching Zygbn with her arrow.

Cail signaled towards Mubbirum. The big guardsman urged his horse in a gallop towards Alcione, he grabbed her by the waist and slung her on his front.

Seeing Alcione was taken, Keep Wing pointed his forefinger, sending a streak of lightning down from the dark, stormy clouds, into the guardsman, frightening the horse and sending his rider and Alcione flying into the air and hit the ground, as the rain resumed its earlier heavy downpour.

Cail, with an angry roar, balled his free hand into fist and lifted the ground in which Pulhu and Adaru was standing, sending them flying into the trees a few meters away.

"Enough!" Cail roared at them. He flexed his balled fist open, bending a tree nearest Keep Wing.

"Keep Wing, look out!" Alcione yelled

Keep Wing turn his attention to Cail just as the top part of the tree is about to swoop down on him. Keep Wing spread his arms and created a dome of lightning above him, deflecting the blow and burning its branches in the process.

"Alcione, run!" Keep Wing shouted at the crawling form of the young girl.

"I-I can't... move..." Alcione whimpered helplessly. She watch with a sinking heart Pulhu and Adaru being overpowered by the guards and the Zygbns. Pulhu was weighted by the Zygbn biting down his neck while a guard struck his sword deep in his side, Pulhu's scream ringing into the forest. Adaru, defiantly releasing arrow after arrow, was sent sprawling into the ground by a blow from one of the guards, blood from her mouth came pouring forth as she received a crushing bite in the arm by one of the Zgbyns.

"Cail... please, stop. Just take me..." Alcione softly pleaded. Keep Wing yelled and raised both of his hand in the air, face contorted in anger, he sent hundreds of streaks of lightning raining down to the attackers of Pulhu and Adaru, sending them writhing and screaming into the wet ground.

The ground shook then a huge mass of earth which is molded into a huge hand, grasp Keep Wing. With a sneer, Cail closed his hands and the mass of soil that has gripped Keep Wing squeezed, making Keep Wing scream with agony.

Cail looked at Alcione, crying and crawling towards Keep Wing. Lips curling back in anger, he flicked his hand and then the hand, made of earth, slammed Keep Wing to the ground several times, left and right, back and forth, until Alcione can only see blood and mud instead of Keep Wing's features.

"Oh god no! Keep Wing! Adaru! Pulhu! Please no!" Alcione wailed as she watched her friends' bloodied and unmoving body on the ground.

Cail strode towards Alcione, his handsome face marred with confusion and anger. Alcione slowly heaved herself from the ground and into her feet, all the while glaring at Cail.

"What the fuck is wrong with you! Don't you see? I am here, I already told you to just take me and leave them be! You're so fucking evil!" Alcione screamed at Cail.

At this, Cail bounded Alcione with magic, making movement impossible again for her. The silver in his gray eyes, shining as he glared at Alcione. "No one who defies me, lives! It is either they bow down before me or death!" Cail roared at her.

"I swear to the highest power on this world, you can have my body, but you will never have my soul and my heart." Alcione spat.

Keep Wing, his body broken and bloodied, watched and listened to Cail and Alcione. The shinning of the ring caught his eyes. It's the ring! it's the damn ring that is controlling her! Why the hell did I not see it! He thought mentally berated himself. "You... will never... take... her as long... as I can sti-still f-fight!" Keep Wing grated.

Cail whirled at Keep Wing, just as he pointed his forefinger at him, sending a huge streak of lightning went down at the Dark Lord, electrifying him for what seems to be minutes. As the lightning disappeared, Cail swayed, mouth slightly open as if to say something, smoke curling from him, as he dropped down into his knees.

Keep Wing smirked at Cail. "I now know how you control the human girl, now watch me as I destroy that blasted ring and she will be free from you!" he said as he gave a low chuckle. He raised and pointed again his finger, but this time, it's aimed at the ring on Alcione's left hand. "Stand still, my dear, sweet girl." Keep Wing said with a smile at Alcione.

"That, my friend, you are sorely mistaken." Cail jeered at Keep Wing just as a streak of lightning went down from the dark rolling clouds, into the shinning ring. It hit the ring with an ear splitting crash and with a blinding light while Keep Wing smiling triumphantly.

But his smile turn into a frown, then Keep Wing's mouth opened in a silent scream as the lightning, which he thought destroyed the ring, is being deflected towards it's sender, towards Keep Wing. The lightning hit him, frying his already battered body.

Alcione let out a horrible scream as she watched the lightning that Keep Wing sent down to help her, was instead used against him by the ring. As the lightning disappeared, Alcione can only see a blackened thing that keeps on twitching on the ground.

"Nooooo! Keep Wiiiing!" Alcione wailed, then she looked at the smiling face of the Dark Lord, already on his feet as his some parts of his burnt skin peeled back and blood oozed out from the burning he got from Keep Wing's lightning.

"You fucking asshole! I will never, ever forgive you for this! I will find a way to kill you, I'll kill you! I'll kill youuuuu!!!" Alcione raged at Cail.

Cail flicked his fingers, sending Alcione into an instant, deep sleep as she floated in the air. He looked around him and saw his guardsmen standing up unsteadily into their feet, as Mubbirum shouted at them. All of his Zgbyns were killed. He stared at the unmoving bodies of Pulhu and Adaru, and the still smoking body of Keep Wing, a scowl on his face. Then he turned back his gaze at Alcione's troubled face. He reach out and ran a finger along her cheeks, wiping the tears from her face. He brought back his finger and suck on Alcione's tears. He closes his eyes as he felt her every emotion, every memory of this dark, stormy night, on her tears.

"My lord..." Mubbirum began. Cail opened his eyes, look at the young girl's face. He reached out and cradled her body to his and turned to his men.

"I have what I came for. Back into the Fortress." Cail commanded. His guards bowed and rode their horses. As his men galloped away, he went back and strolled over the unmoving, blackened form of Keep Wing.

"We will see each other soon Wakinyan." Cail said before turning into dark mist, taking Alcione with him back to the Dark Fortress.

---------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

sorry to keep you all waiting and hanging with suspense, here it is!

I hope you enjoy reading this chapter.

I know you are wondering what is the meaning of the name Cail called Keep Wing at the end of this chapter. So here is a little information of what a Wakinyan is:

Wakinyan: is a Lakota (A Native American Indian tribe) name for the Thunder Bird, a mythical creature scared to the Native American Indians.

So, now you know what Keep Wing is! ;D

I Hope you enjoy this chapter! I will update Chapter 8 next weekend!

I would like to know your thoughts, so leave comments. Also like, rate and follow!

Cheers!

published: 04/27/2015

>>>Joanna<<<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78 3 26
Celestina, a once-powerful angel with chaotic abilities, loses control of her powers, and casts her memories into oblivion. Centuries later, on Earth...
9.2K 315 59
A family, full of deceitful maniacs... A kingdom ruled by tyranny, yet the people aren't aware... A story full of lies and deceit, woven to manipulat...
61.4K 3.7K 32
I am a ghost. A killer. A savior. A guardian. I am the vampyre prince. They think I was murdered by my uncle, the king - but I've been waiting, plot...
1.5M 75.8K 113
In which, a paranoid schizophrenic vows to avenge his fiancee's death by taking revenge on the woman who Killed her. _____________ A modern day depic...