Walking Dead Wizard

By DanitzaV23

The Dixons and Harry Potter try to get to Atlanta but fail miserably when they realize the entire town is cra... More

Chapter 1: the walking dead
Chapter 2: the walking dead
Chapter 3: the walking dead
Chapter 4: the walking dead
Chapter 5: the walking dead
Chapter 6: the walking dead
Chapter 7: the walking dead
Chapter 8: the walking dead
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83

Chapter 63

1.1K 60 15
By DanitzaV23

"Why are you making porridge?" Mira queried as she helped Carol with the food, noticing that she and Carol were making two different meals, the cut potatoes were already on boiling away in a pot of oil, the oil Mira had brought back with her, Carol stood next to her stirring the pot of porridge in question. Mira added the last of the cut potatoes into the boiling oil. Scooping up the peelings and putting them in the bin, occasionally looking over at the newcomers, for some reason they weren't what she had imagined. She'd heard about most of them, and most of it wasn't good not that they had been vicious and cutting, just telling the truth as they saw it.

"Harry says to give them porridge," Carol answered quietly, they had some cinnamon they could put into it as well, give it a bit of taste, unfortunately no milk. "Will you look after it for me? I have something I want to collect from the library,"

"Of course, I'll keep an eye on Sophia too," Mira confirmed, knowing that Carol would have asked that next, she always did. Ever since she'd almost lost her daughter she kept a very close eye on her. Not that she'd been there, but she knew about it and what Harry had done - which didn't surprise her the least. He was every definition of a hero that she'd always imagined him to be, but also extremely concerned about revealing magic, for all the opposite reasons she'd thought. He didn't care about the rules, he cared about the people he had under his care, worried that they wouldn't react well to the revelation so had hidden something that would have made everything easier. She couldn't imagine how difficult it was to desire to use magic but not doing so. Yet he did it with ease, it was the opposite of her, wishing so badly that she was magical when she was younger.

She hoped for his sake that they accepted that part of him, she didn't want to imagine what would happen if Harry decided to leave them to it, they had no idea how much magic had kept their lives more than just tolerable in this new world.

Noticing the chips were nearly ready, Mira put on the garden peas and warmed up the corned beef which had been previously removed from its tin earlier. She noticed that Oscar, Big Tiny and Axel looked very uncomfortable, which was very unlike them, she made a mental not to speak with them later, find out what it was.

"How long have you been here?" Beth asked Amy, it was warm in here, probably from the cooking and of course of the coffee she'd been given. She'd always imagined prisons to look bleak and depressing, and wondered if they had made changes to it. She honestly didn't care at this point; she was safe, safe for the first time in months.

"The entire time," Amy explained, "We found it within a few days after the group split up." she was ever so glad her sister had decided to follow Harry.

"So soon?" Amy gasped, wide eyed.

"We had a map of the area," Andrea was the one to speak, "The morning after Merle, Daryl and Harry began to look for somewhere we could stay. They narrowed it down to a few locations, and ten minutes later we began to make our way here by the most direct route, dealing with about a dozen pile ups, but it was worth it." exhausting but worth it.

Despite the fact they'd been talking, Harry's group quietened down when they heard doors opening, judging by the quietness of the footsteps they could accurately gauge that it was most likely Daryl. To their surprise it was Carol, who came through, but uncharacteristically she had a frown on her face, it became apparent why, when Daryl AND Harry stepped into the room. Even Daryl had a scowl on his face at the fact Harry was refusing to slow down even after being hurt.

"Dinner will be ready in five minutes," Mira told Harry absently, they probably hadn't eaten since this morning and were no doubt extremely hungry.

"Thank you, Mira," Harry said, his voice lower than normal, a grimace of pain appeared on his face as he sat down.

"Harry, son, you really should be resting," Dale said, if it weren't for he pain he could clearly see written across Harry's face, you wouldn't think anything had happened. Yet they knew he had a significantly bad burn across his chest, which was now hidden by dressing and a new t-shirt. He knew even as he spoke Harry would do whatever he had to, he constantly worked himself to the bone and no matter how many times he told him to slow down he didn't - not until he burnt himself out and actually slept more than six hours. On those days they left him to sleep, not even going near the cell block lest they wake him up.

"We will all be just as soon as we've eaten," Harry informed Dale, in too much pain to even think of staying up.

"You are letting us stay here aren't you?" Beth asked, the thought of being forced back out there was terrifying, she'd recently had a big dose of reality, of the world they were in now being confronted with cannibals. She had almost been killed to be eaten like cattle.

"I cannot say," Harry replied grimly, "There is always a vote on whether to let people in or not,"

"But you know us!" Jimmy protested immediately, "Hershel let you on his farm! Let everyone on the farm!"

"We more than paid back our debt," Harry retorted sharply, "We bought in game for you after Otis was killed by Shane, and we never took food from you except for a single night. We saved everyone's life and got them off that farm."

"You'd really see us out?" Jimmy paled looking stricken.

"Do not forget they just saved our lives again," Hershel added, placing a calming hand on Jimmy, he was still a teenager in so many ways, quick to talk without thinking and making a tense situation worse. Hopefully Harry would understand that and go easy on him.

"As I said its group decision, we can't make it on the fact we knew each other for a fortnight!" Harry said calmly, giving a nod of respect to Hershel, part of him felt guilty for saying it but he couldn't bring himself to lie. If the group didn't want Rick here then he would have to go.

"If anything it works against you," Luna pointed out, still sitting on Merle.

"What does that mean?" Rick demanded to know, upon seeing the looks the four gave him he hastened on. "Look...look...look, we can work it out, even if it's just until Lori gives birth." going from demanding to desperate in a nanosecond.

"Same shit officer friendly, you should try a new record," Merle grunted, scoffing at him. He'd tried that crap at Hershel's farm, just until his son recovered his arse; he'd spent the rest of the time trying to convince Hershel to let him stay. Mira, Chloe, Patrick, Michonne, Oscar, Axel and Big Tiny glanced sideways at Merle wondering what he meant by that.

"Have you all eaten?" Harry asked his group, ignoring the fact Rick had opened his mouth to respond before it became clear to him that it wasn't him Harry was talking to.

"Yes," it was Carol who spoke for them as she handed over a plate to Daryl and Harry, as Mira passed one over to Merle and Luna.

Harry narrowed his eyes, "Want to try that again without lying?" either they hadn't eaten or it was just Carol.

"We had some stew at four o'clock," Carol admitted, they were too worried to cook a meal for them all.

"Where are Andre and Luke?" Harry asked Michonne, noticing the two missing.

"They're sleeping in my room," Michonne replied, "I've just checked on them."

"Have any of you slept at all?" Harry then asked, glancing at everyone.

In sync they all wordlessly shook their heads.

"Then get some food down your necks and sleep in turns, we can dispense with the usual routine for today," Harry said, "We as well as Oscar, Axel, Patrick, Dale, and Mira will take the first sleep, the others afterwards." at least by then they would be awake and the rest of their best fighters could sleep.

Rick's eyes flared with irritation at being ignored and completely useless, just sitting there waiting on them saying whether they could stay or not. He'd been observing everything since they entered the prison, getting a glimpse of the rather packed pantry; they had a lot of food. They had cars, a routine by the sounds of it, safety; it really irked him something rotten that they'd been able to do what he had longed to do for so long.

"Which cell block?" Andrea queried, much to the newcomers confusion, as she stood up to help Carol and Mira distribute the food.

"Any empty one," Harry replied, obviously understanding what she meant. "Thank you, Carol," he murmured at she placed a plate of food in front of him. He was absolutely starving, probably not as much as the other group, but he hadn't been responsible for them; they had made their own choices.

"Thank you," Glenn said in gratitude to the woman he didn't know, but she seemed well in sync with Carol and Andrea. He didn't care that it was only porridge, it was food, it was warm, and he was grateful. He dug in using actual plates and utensils, something they hadn't done since the farm.

T-Dog smiled gratefully at Andrea, his brow furrowed, he honestly didn't understand it. How could these people get on with Merle? How could they do what he asked of them without so much as a glare? He could see they respected the Dixon brothers, it and it was an odd sight to say the least. He hadn't gone with them because he'd assumed life would be unbearable with the prejudice brothers - or rather brother Daryl had saved his life after all. His eyes widened suddenly as one of them spoke too quietly for him to hear to Merle and both men burst into laughter. What the hell had happened? He didn't get it; prejudice ingrained in someone such as Merle didn't disappear overnight.

Lori staring down at the bland bowl of porridge, while the others scoffed down chips, peas and corned beef. She eyed their food with primitive hunger, she hadn't eaten anything proper in months yet they were given porridge while others ate a proper meal in front of them, she really, really hated them. How could they be so cruel?

Rick squeezed Lori's arm in warning, sensing she was ready to say something. They needed to stay here, he would work on them, turn it around in his favour. He could see just how handy this place could be, feverishly thinking how they could prepare themselves for anything that came their way. Could they really all be happy living with Harry as a leader, they were all older than him except perhaps one, he thought eyeing Patrick as he quickly consumed the large bowl of porridge. How could they stand taking orders from a young guy or worse from two prejudice rednecks that caused more harm than good?

He noticed the rest were eating porridge as well, as if they didn't matter as much as Luna, Harry, Merle and Daryl. He would need to observe them, find what buttons to push, he felt sure he could be a better leader here than Harry. He was the sheriff after all, and was used to leading civilians. Even if they did like Harry, there was no way they really tolerated the Dixons. He would prove himself the better leader and take over running this place.

Harry watched as Axel and Oscar made themselves scarce, murmuring a quiet goodbye before leaving, they were definitely not their usual self. He looked around the rest of his people finding nothing out of the ordinary, had they just gotten a fright? Or was there something else going on. He narrowed in on Big Tiny, he was being acting weird as well, and they hadn't acted like that since they'd been wholeheartedly welcomed into the group. Did they think for some reason that Harry was going to tell them to leave? Which was just ludicrous really. Still if that was what he was worrying about he had to nip that in the bud before the three decided to leave before 'Harry' could tell them to or some such nonsense.

"Big, come here," Harry said, gesturing with his finger, the frown still on his face. Big was still sitting next to Merle so he didn't need to move much to get close to Harry. He just sat up a bit and scooped his chair closer; he knew people hated having to look up at him to talk to him especially when they were sitting down so that was why he remained sitting.

"You alright?" Big Tiny said, his eyes roaming over Harry, he honestly expected Harry to collapse any given moment. He'd realized a long time ago that Harry was one touch son of a bitch; he did more than anyone else in the prison and brought back stuff they didn't essentially need but did it for the kids. Seeing what he had earlier, he realized Harry was tougher than even he had realized.

"Did something happen earlier?" Harry asked, his eyes narrowing in on Big Tiny, that look usually appeared if they were trying to lie to Harry for whatever reason. Like earlier they hadn't eaten and lied and said they had, but Harry seemed to know each and every time they did.

"No," Big Tiny gazed back in honest confusion, wondering what Harry meant.

"You, Oscar and Axel are acting odd, why?" Harry continued they were far too quiet for the other group to hear, not that they were trying to. Amy and Beth were chatting like best friends who'd been apart for a few weeks not nearing a year. Glenn, T-Dog, Maggie and Jimmy were talking animatedly with Carol, Andrea and Dale. Carl had snuck off to pet Anubis and Hela; sitting near Sophia looking at her longingly as if he wanted to talk to her but didn't want to wake her up

Big Tiny shifted in embarrassment, he hadn't been aware that their emotions was so obviously displayed. He knew Axel and Oscar would be just as embarrassed when they found out Harry could read them so easily. When you spent most of your life inside a prison you learn to close yourself off, otherwise you were just vulnerable. Some were better at it than others admittedly, but those who hadn't been as good at hiding their feelings had people to protect them.

"Tell me," Harry urged, "I really don't want you, any of you, doing something stupid."

"Is he going to be one of the leaders?" Big Tiny blurted out, asking the question that had been plaguing him, Axel and Oscar since the others had come in.

"He?" Harry questioned, having a good idea but honestly preferring that Big Tiny get it all out, so there was no chances of misunderstandings.

Merle glanced at Harry, snorting, very much aware that Harry already knew what Big Tiny meant, even he did and that was without his ability to read folks minds. He heard everything, it was hard not to since they were literally having the conversation at his back, Luna too was alternatively looking at Harry's conversation or watching the rest of their original group subtly.

"Rick, the old leader," Big Tiny admitted, his brown eyes shadowed.

"What exactly have you heard about him that's making you so worried?" Harry asked perplexed, sure he hadn't got on with Rick because of his actions. Like not looking after his kid properly, preferring to put the needs of the entire group before him, and the entire drama between Shane, Lori and him. He'd been doing alright up until he'd decided to be a dickhead and dictator, laying the blame at their feet for Shane's death as if it was their fault. He couldn't think of anything anyone would say that would make three of his people want to run from the damn prison. "Merle, what exactly have you been telling them?" he asked the most obvious person that would say bad things about Rick Grimes.

"I ain't told nobody nothing," Merle glared at Harry for his presumptions, although he couldn't quite blame him for that. He was curious himself, if he ain't said nothing then why were they worried? "He was a cop, do the math." he added grunting when Luna elbowed him for his troubles.

"Is that why?" Harry asked turning back to Big Tiny questioningly, noticing that the man in question was listening intently to the conversation or trying to at any rate. He and Lori were the only ones that weren't talking as if they had some sort of reservations about staying, which couldn't be the case since Rick had just moments ago begged to be allowed to stay.

"He left Merle cuffed to a pipe and left him there, he obviously doesn't care about convicts, or ex-convicts," he pointed out cautiously, they all knew Merle had served time, probably his way of letting him, Axel and Oscar know that their past wouldn't be held against them in his usual way. He would never trust Rick Grimes to have his back, not like he trusted everyone else here.

Harry arched an eyebrow, noticing that Merle glanced at Big Tiny his blue eyes clouded in confusion; evidently it wasn't Merle who had spoken about it. "Who told you about it?" he asked in genuine curiosity, ignoring the painful thumping of his leg as it was repaired.

"Oscar and I overheard Andrea and Amy talking to Michonne," Big Tiny admitted, noticing the woman in question standing up.

"And they were talking about Merle?" curiously, honestly women! What was he going to do with them? They liked gossiping way too much for his taste, although he was just glad and grateful that they weren't more like Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil.

"Actually we were discussing Amy's pendant, and we got onto the subject of how Andrea got it," Michonne informed them as she passed them by, her hands full of empty bowls.

"Ah, yeah, that was a close call," Harry nodded wryly, he hadn't been there himself but he'd heard what happened in full detail.

"HARRY!" Sophia shrieked at the top of her lungs, kicking herself out of the sleeping bag she was in and barrelling towards him before anyone could stop her she wrapped herself around him, clinging on for dear life. All the while Harry was thanking Merlin that she'd been on this side of him otherwise he would have probably passed out.

"Easy, Sophia," Harry grunted, grabbing a hold of her arm that was too close to the burns for comfort. Healing or not it was still bloody painfully sore. "I'm fine, I'm sorry I ruined your party,"

"You didn't," She said vehemently, she'd known he'd come back, even when it got dark she'd just known it. "We saved a bit of cake for all of you." she informed him when she finally let go. Only then did she notice the others, her eyes roamed over all of them before she noticed Carl. A wide grin of delight spread across her face as she raced over to him and hugged him as well, she'd missed him so much.

"What happened out there? Why did you all leave?" Carol asked, at the same time Andrea asked, "How did you know something was going to happen?"

"That we'll discuss tomorrow," Harry said with a grimace, it wasn't a conversation he was looking forward to at all. "As for you lot, go with Andrea, Michonne, and Luna they'll get you settled in for now, we will let you know tonight what's happening I think we can all agree that we need some sleep." Harry informed the group glancing at Rick in particular knowing if anyone would be a problem it would be him. He would need to speak to Carl at some point, the boy looked very conflicted, and as if he wanted to come over and speak to him yet something was stopping him. He probably felt betrayed and angry that he'd took off in the night without so much as a goodbye, taking Sophia as well, his only friend. Standing up, using the table to keep him stable, putting his weight on his foot fully for the first time, other than a twinge of pain it was fine.

"You can tell the others to stop worrying, it will never happen," Harry informed Big Tiny, even if he had wanted to the concern they had would have made him change his mind. They came first, they'd helped them get this place into tip top shape and protected the others and looked after the kids. They deserved a bigger say than Rick and the others did right now. Plus Rick's decisions had led them into a damn cannibalistic trap that would have led to their deaths if not for the spell he kept on Carl's wellbeing when it became obvious his own bloody parents couldn't keep an eye on him.

Merle snorted, "Ain't that the truth," He knew Harry didn't trust the man either, for the very same reason he or the other three ex-prisoners didn't either.

"Some porridge will be sent to you in a few hours, you need to learn to eat three meals a day again," Harry informed them as they were escorted out the room. "Starting with porridge and stews, if we were to give you greasy food after such a long time of starvation the consequences could be severe, it could even lead to heart failure, we'll also give you vitamins to help your body replace what its lost, especially for you, even if it's a bit late, every little helps." here he looked at Lori with a pointed look. He had seen her ingratitude at the food, and quite frankly it annoyed him that she was still the same person she had been nearly a year ago. You would think that after so long she'd realize how damn lucky she was to be in this situation now. Especially given her situation before they drove back to the prison. He noticed that Hershel was nodding, he might have become a veterinarian but he knew what Harry was saying was the truth and now understood why he'd chosen to give them Porridge for their meal.

Lori clutched her stomach; her gasp was missed amongst the general noise everyone was making. Panicking slightly at the twinges she felt, no, it couldn't be happening so soon, it wasn't time, it was far too early. She grasped a hold of her son as he came back beside the rest of the group with a gesture from Harry. One hand still on her stomach, relief sweeping through her when nothing else happened; she most certainly wasn't going into labour so soon. It was difficult enough to have a baby even with modern medicine without having complications or early births in a world without a doctor, medical supplies and safety.

Before long the group understood Andrea's earlier words, as they were escorted to a cell, Andrea telling them to pick whatever cell they liked since they were all free.

"Thank you, Andrea," Glenn said looking around in wonder, he couldn't care less that it was a prison.

"Here, some proper covers, the ones on the bed aren't all that comfortable we use them to throw over the door to give us privacy," Luna said, entering the block, her arms filled with folded patchwork quilts. Each of them took one, with gratitude, before long her hands were once again free. A small smile appearing on her face as Maggie and Glenn took the closest one to the door; it started off everyone doing the same thing. Hershel took it upon himself to guide his daughter into one, motioning for Jimmy to pick one; he wasn't under any circumstances going to let them share. For now he decided to join his daughter - sleep was more important, there was just no point to getting too comfortable if they were going to be asked to leave, and he honestly couldn't predict the answer to the outcome. T-Dog went upstairs as everyone else settled in, Rick and Lori taking separate cells, Carl going in beside his father without so much as a glance back at his devastated mother.

Lori had just sat down on the bed when she gasped again this time more in horror than pain, as she felt herself become wet, her water had just broken, she was in labour. Panting suddenly, her old fears rearing its ugly head, what if she became a walker? What if her and the baby did? What about the others? "HERSHEL!" she cried out, holding onto her stomach as if she could somehow enforce her body to postpone the labour.

The old man groaned silently but swiftly removed himself from the covers he'd just literally put around himself, making a beeline for Lori's cell. Nobody so much as glanced out in curiosity, they were used to Lori calling out for him, and a few weeks ago she'd done the same thing convinced the baby was stillborn since she hadn't felt it move. A very valid fear, they felt for her but they just fucking too exhausted right now to move or care.

Five miles away, the Governor and a group of fifteen of his men left the Woodbury compound, making their way directly to the prison in an army truck with a machine gun on it, a tank followed behind it and then a truck with the men on the back with guns and swords at the ready, salivating at the prospect of more violence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

536K 11.6K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
303K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
310K 10.1K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
1.1M 48K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC