Walking Dead Wizard

By DanitzaV23

The Dixons and Harry Potter try to get to Atlanta but fail miserably when they realize the entire town is cra... More

Chapter 1: the walking dead
Chapter 2: the walking dead
Chapter 3: the walking dead
Chapter 4: the walking dead
Chapter 5: the walking dead
Chapter 6: the walking dead
Chapter 7: the walking dead
Chapter 8: the walking dead
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83

Chapter 61

1.1K 64 1
By DanitzaV23

"Bloody hell, isn't this bad enough, I feel like I'm being carried around by King Kong, talk about embarrassing," Harry murmured quietly, hissing in pain as he was moved as he had been doing for the past five minutes. Surprisingly Daryl had figured out that Luna was pathing the way for them by drawing the symbol he'd asked her to etch into the trees so they could meet back up without ending up lost in the dark which was quickly creeping up on them at an alarming rate. Although really, neither would get lost since both Luna and Harry had magic, they could use a spell to track one another.

"You know King Kong but don't know the Lord of The Rings?" Daryl scoffed out in amusement, trying to keep Harry as still as he could, but it just wasn't possible, they were walking through trees and climbing over protruding rocks, fallen trees or branches it wasn't exactly easy, thankfully Harry wasn't too heavy, he'd carried bucks heaver, but he didn't tell Harry that but he did amuse himself thinking of his reaction to that particular though.

"Was on the telly, my cousin was watching it," Harry admitted, "Watched a bit of it while I was doing chores," the comment sounded innocent enough, what respectable person didn't give their children chores...they were oblivious to anything behind it, except Daryl since Daryl knew quite a lot about what Harry had been through without getting told a lot of specifics. The wizarding world was brought up a hell of a lot more than the Dursley's were.

"How can he still be coherent?" Hershel muttered to himself, staring at Daryl and Harry's back, the pain he was in must be excruciating. A burn like that would incapacitate anyone, not that he wanted that to happen, he was just surprised is all.

"What do you mean?" Maggie asked her father, still badly shaken by what had happened she'd followed the others in silence, clutching Glenn's hand afraid that if she let him go something else would happen. She was so very curious to know how the hell the others had found them...had they been coming to see what Terminus had to offer from the other side and saw the entire thing?

"He's suffering from very severe burns," Hershel explained patiently, as he always did especially when it was his daughters.

"I'm fine, Hershel, don't worry about it," Harry said glancing in the elder man's direction, green eyes reflecting the pain he was in. He'd been in worse pain, well not for this long, as soon as the first task was over he had been taken to Madam Pomfrey and healed. The burn paste worked wonders, dulled the pain completely then healed it. Took twenty-four hours, for it to fully heal leaving him with a red mark that looked like a birthmark until it faded. Giving Daryl a slight amused look, they were being followed, he'd asked Luna to get the damn truck for them so they had a vehicle to get the hell out of here, but Harry suddenly didn't think it would be easy getting rid of them as he assumed.

"Stop here," Harry grunted out, noticing there were no further signs on the trees or recent footprints and they'd veered off into the road from here. Daryl slowly lowered him into the rock planted nearby no doubt observing the same thing. "For some reason, I don't think we're going to get rid of them," he said in a low tone to Daryl, the others all paused as well, hugging at each other shock still prominently displayed on their faces.

Daryl grunted in agreement, his eyes roaming around for any sign of his brother and his girlfriend or walkers. The comforting weight of his crossbow across his back shifted every time Daryl paced around the rock Harry was sitting on. Silently urging his brother to hurry the hell up so they could get to the prison. He had one gun tucked in the waistband of his pants, and his handheld machine pistol was in his hand ready for anything. He did notice that Harry's was missing.

"What happened?" Daryl asked once he noticed everyone was distracted for the moment, probably discussing their next move if they weren't stupid. Although Daryl noticed that Glenn and Maggie had disappeared, but that hadn't been unusual in the farm.

Harry huffed quietly from where he was inspecting the burn; his right hand was prodding at his leg to see if it was just the trauma of falling off a building or if he had broken something. If he had, then he was in deep shit, he didn't have any Skele-Gro, if Luna didn't have any then he'd need to make a new batch. "The explosion happened, blasted me right off the roof," Harry murmured quietly, wincing at the pain his jab elicited, yeah, he definitely had a broken leg, he didn't dare roll his pant leg up, he knew it would be a sorry state of purple already. "Didn't get a chance to gain momentum, my ears were ringing and the pain I couldn't think, although to be honest if I had tried," Harry gestured upwards silently meaning 'flying' "I would have ended up worse off, what the hell caused the explosion anyway, what was it?"

"Large tank of flammable gas," Daryl explained, listening intently to his surroundings but ignoring the others conversing.

"Hey," Harry said, getting Daryl's attention, "Would you be willing to have them with us?"

"Why ask me?" Daryl questioned, brow puckered slightly in confusion.

"They never did anything to me," Harry pointed out, "But they DID leave your brother cuffed to a fucking pipe, and they constantly looked down on you both, especially at the Quarry, I'm not stupid, if you don't want this then we leave them to it, I have no problem with that." even if it meant actually Apparating in front of them, he wouldn't put Daryl and Merle through the shit they'd been through at the Quarry or the farm.

"We weren't at the Quarry," Maggie said, coming out from behind the tree and standing in front of the two hunters. "It's very unfair of you to judge us on others behaviors." she couldn't help but state.

"Point," Harry conceded gracefully, or as graceful as he could look with his side thrumming in agony.

"In fact I think daddy respected you two most out of everyone there," Maggie stated, at Harry's incredulous look she hastened to explain, "You didn't take us for granted or eat our food; you went out to hunt for your own and shared with all of us,"

Harry snorted in amusement, wincing as the move hurt, vividly reminded of the time Lori decided to do a 'thank you' spread for the Greene's which of course, consisted of everyone else cooking, which ninety percent of the food had come from the Greene farm with the meat coming from him and Daryl, while Lori did light cleaning and made lemonade. Leaving him to make sure nothing happened to Carl because his parents were fucking too wrapped up in their own drama to care. What the hell was he thinking even contemplating taking them with him?

The sound of a truck alerted Harry and Daryl that Merle and Luna were on their way back. It didn't take long for them to notice that Merle was backing up the army truck as far as he dared to make it easier for him. The pair leaped out of the truck and wandered over to Harry and Daryl completely ignoring the others.

"Handing em over or they comin'?" Merle asked staring directly at Harry for an answer, but his question had caught the attention of Hershel, Maggie, and Glenn who all tensed.

Harry's lips twitched, Merle wasn't stupid, and he and Luna had probably discussed it on their short trek. "It's up to you and Daryl for now, the rest will need to weigh in later depending on the answer." the others only heard the first half of his statement, since Luna stepped in front of him, thrusting a vial at him arms on her hips, everyone else blind to what it was she'd given him. Harry didn't hesitate; he downed the contents within seconds, before deftly pocketing it. He'd meant it when he said he wanted his people to know first before any of them. He certainly trusted the others more than he would those now currently behind his most trusted.

"Let em," Merle shrugged, he honestly couldn't care less what they said about him, he did, however, want to rub it in their faces that they should have followed Harry though. He was a very good leader, better than Rick proclaimed to be at any rate since they were the one who had two places to live while it looked like they had none. He respected Harry a lot more than he respected his CO even before he pummelled his teeth down his throat.

"Get in the truck if you want to come, now," Harry stated sharply, "All four of us won't fit up front, but it's probably best I don't bend my leg," he was suddenly grateful that Luna had given him the pain reliever, if she hadn't he would have had to endure a long bloody trip to the prison. "I'll have to join the others how long do you reckon it will take?" 'To get back' was left unsaid.

"Thank you, all of you, if it wasn't for you, my daughters..." Hershel swallowed thickly unable to finish.

"Few hours depends on how many pile ups we have to avoid," Merle said after a few seconds of quiet contemplation, getting a few looks from the others still piling into the truck. "Probably more, it's dark." they had to avoid not only cars but walkers as well.

"Go on, the journey's going to be a long one," Harry said, giving the old guy a small smile, "And you're welcome." it was nice to see that they were at least acknowledging the effort they had gone to.

"Thank you," Rick said, coming to stand beside Luna, Merle, Daryl and the sitting Harry, who exuded control and determination even while injured. His son and wife had been helped onto the "I owe you, all of you..." so much, another five minutes and he'd be dead...his wife and son would have eventually followed.

"Not bad for us rednecks who are not worth it, even with guns thrown in eh?" Merle barked bitterly, he still held a lot of resentment for what officer friendly had done to him.

The sound of shuffling, groaning and the sound of metal being hit caught their ears, "We're leaving now!" Luna stated gesturing for both Dixon's to help Harry.

Harry squeaked out in surprise when he was literally carried over to the truck by both of the men. His face going a very unattractive (except Daryl's thoughts) shade of red. "It just crossed over from embarrassing to mortifying," Harry groaned, but there was a slight smile on his face that showed both men he was truly grateful for their help despite the fact it did embarrass him. Honestly, it was as if he didn't weigh anything at all, he probably didn't though compared to the damn bucks they'd caught over the years. The others despite the fact they'd been through a harrowing experience did get a chuckle out of it.

Daryl followed Harry into the back of the truck, sitting down next to him, wrapping his arm around his good side, letting Harry lean against him. Daryl completely ignored everyone's reaction to that, they probably wouldn't figure out the truth behind it anyway. He'd come close to losing Harry, that much he knew despite the fact he didn't know everything yet. Rick was left standing there as Luna and Merle were already slamming the doors to the truck, starting it up, and ready to get the hell out of dodge. Rick cursed quietly, quickly getting himself on board, just in the nick of time since Merle was driving with haste, avoiding hitting Harry's leg as he settled, the sound gears grinding heavily as he changed gear and their breathing was all that was heard for a while before it was surprisingly enough Daryl who opened his mouth and spoke quietly to Harry. "You alright?" his voice echoed around the metal truck.

"I'll be fine, lost my bloody bag when I fell though," Harry grumbled, it had been a decent one too.

"You didn't have anything in it, did ya?" Daryl asked alarmed, was it why Harry hadn't been able to heal himself...had he lost his wand? His trunk?

"Nah, just a couple of tins of food, my gun and knife thankfully though not my favourite." Harry reassured him, knowing exactly what he was thinking he didn't need to read his mind.

"Why were you at Terminus?" Rick asked, interrupting their conversation. "Been looking for somewhere to stay?" a hint of challenge in his voice. At least he still had everyone; it looked as though Harry and the Dixons had probably gotten everyone else killed in a bid to save their own hide. He knew the last part of the statement probably wasn't true, he was just extremely sore at having to be rescued...at having failed his family.

Daryl growled low in his throat, clenching his hand into a fist, Harry was the only reason he wasn't over there and punching him in the face. Harry had been hurt in a bid to save their fucking lives and the asshole had the audacity to try and goad him? What the hell had he been thinking? He should have said no and gotten the hell out of there.

Harry as if sensing his violent thoughts, just squeezed his thigh; he honestly couldn't care less what Rick said to him. Number one, he was just trying to let off steam after feeling useless and cornered. Two he didn't matter enough for Harry to even take offense. He would have thought more, but the pain he was in and the potion had made him woozy.

Maggie had to bite down on her tongue as she looked around at the others, they wanted no part in this, yet Rick it seemed was determined to close every door they had available to them while ignoring everyone's advice as if it they were somehow inferior to him. It looked as though Harry was right to question whether the heck he wanted them to come. She tried to reason with why Rick was doing this. He was on edge, he'd almost lost his life, almost lost his wife and son, he'd led them all into a trap that would make anyone try and lash out. It just so happened that Rick was choosing the wrong person to lash out at, the person who damn well saved all their lives. They were starving, nigh on exhausted, and tired beyond belief and still in some semblance of shock.

Glenn as if sensing her thoughts, brought his girlfriend close to him; he had so much he wanted to say to Harry. Yet his mind and body were slowly drifting to sleep as the huge weight became too much - well that and the slow rumbling and motion of the truck they were in and the sense of safety however temporarily it was. They'd been walking in the direction of sanctuary now for over a week, rarely stopping, with Lori's labor looming closer than ever. He couldn't blame Rick for wanting to get her to safety; he could just see him reacting the same if Maggie had been in that position.

Beth and Jimmy did pretty much the same thing, Hershel watching them without his disapproval for once, he was just too glad his daughters had gotten out of there alive. Definitely too much of a close call, and despite his aching body, his eyes remained alert and awake, watching over his children and also observing the others. Especially Rick, he had to make sure the young man didn't go overboard. For some reason, Rick was beginning to actually listen to him when he gave him little bits of advice. Perhaps due to the fact he would be helping Lori give birth.

"I don't suppose you have any medical supplies in those bags of yours Daryl?" Hershel asked, keeping his voice quiet as not to wake those who were managing to get some sleep.

Daryl shook his head; none that he would want anyway, everything was safely ensconced in the prison walls. Nobody was going to wake Harry up to apply a bloody bandage, not on his watch. The potion had thoroughly knocked him the hell out by the look of it. The ride reversed suddenly before it got ten times bumpier, probably driving off road, and it didn't even make Harry stir. Knowing how light a sleeper he was and that he jerked awake at any noise, confirming he really was out of it, what had been in that potion Luna had given him? He was probably going to be pissed as hell when he did wake up.

"Hey, you sure you're alright with them coming?" Luna asked after flicking her wand casting a silencing spell so their voices didn't end up carrying to the people in the back. She knew what had happened, but it had been mentioned only in passing and while she'd been shocked it hadn't sunk in the ramifications that Merle probably felt to this day after being left for the walkers in such a way. Getting shot at hadn't even made him sound that way he'd just a few minutes ago. The map lay forgotten temporarily on her lap.

Merle just grunted, he didn't want to open that particular door the whole thing not just the fact he'd been left behind. He'd slammed it firmly shut after wakening up and Harry laying it bare at his feet. Literally, since he had been talking to him from the end of his bed. It had been a wake-up call he needed to stop using. Which wouldn't have been possible without Harry giving him those Phoenix tears... things. He wasn't sure what the hell they had done but the urge to use had never returned. He'd actually found something worth living for, well more than just protecting his brother.

Luna rolled her eyes, sighing in exasperation, men! Honestly, why did things have to get really bad before they spilled the beans. At least most men, she amended herself, Ron had been the complete opposite of what Merle and Harry are, Ron had wore his emotions on his sleeve, while Harry and Merle kept their real thoughts hidden. She understood about not wanting to talk about certain things, though, so she decided to leave it at that. She knew Merle probably wouldn't give in to her badgering, not about talking at any rate. He wasn't big on talking about his emotions.

"Do you know what caused that explosion?" Luna asked, changing the subject.

Merle went red in the face, "Me," he admitted gruffly. "I hit a gas tank."

"Well you were asked to create a distraction, and I'll say this for you," Luna said, "You know how to make a decent one."

Merle snorted half amused by her statement, before he slammed on the breaks again, cursing furiously, at this rate it was going to take them at least four hours to get back to the prison if they kept encountering pile ups. Glad for the distraction, he didn't want to talk about what happened let alone with Luna. If anything though she'd probably understand most, he'd been cuffed for all of a few hours while Luna had been kidnapped for nearly a year.

"Reverse and take a right, then a left we should leave the pile up behind us," Luna said absently after looking at the map. The dots made it incredibly easier, the dots moved whenever they did, thank Merlin for Hermione. Which meant they always knew where they were, even if they ended up lost - Merlin forbid.

Merle shifted into reverse, shifting slightly, as his bladder protested its fullness, he definitely wasn't going to get out the damn truck and pee anywhere that wasn't home. Having to use the mirrors instead of glancing back like he was used to when he was driving which was utterly useless, it was pitch black out there. This was going to be the longest night of his life since this whole mess started.

"Yeh brought your iPod?" Merle said, as he swiftly reversed the truck to the right and began to drive again, praying that there would be no more pile-ups just for at least five damn minutes.

"I never go anywhere without it," Luna said, rummaging in her bag for it, there weren't many songs Merle liked on it, her fingers brushed against the cold metal and grabbed on. Unwinding the earphones she passed it over, assuming he wanted to listen to it.

Merle shook his head, never once taking his gaze away from the darkness in front of him, there was no way he was gonna crash this thing. "Charge it; we're going to be here for hours."

"Do you know how sweet you can be?" Luna teased as she did just that, removing the charger and letting the iPod fill up.

"Don't tell anyone," Merle muttered sardonically.

Luna laughed, shaking her head at Merle's sense of humor.

"Seriously, don't tell anyone," Merle added.

"Don't worry I won't," Luna answered, "I don't want anyone to have a heart attack." she added snorting at the mental image that created.

"Or maybe you can," a vindictive shark-like grin on his face.

Turning right Merle relaxed as he drove, it looked as if they were getting a break from pile-ups for the moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 42.5K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
302K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
276K 8.3K 63
❝ Shut up,❞ ❝ Make me, 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬.❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...
439K 15.5K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...