"Embers of Love" Demon Slayer...

By LovieJ34

"Looks like I accidentally married a Rengoku..." "Father will definitely kill me..." Fuyuko Kazahana, a young... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Winter Bloodshed
Chapter 2: Demons Alike
Chapter 3: The Loud Bunch
Chapter 4: New Mission
Chapter 5: Past Memories
Chapter 6: A Wedding Plan!
Chapter 7: Wedding Night!
Chapter 8: Wedding Parade
Chapter 9: Wedding Ceremony!
Chapter 10: Claws v.s. Ice
Chapter 11: Dance of Sacred Ice
Chapter 13: Their Moments Together
Chapter 14: Unexpected Couple
Chapter 15: Missing Piece of Memories
Chapter 16: My Wife
Chapter 17: Fate Entwined Love
Chapter 18: Nightmares and Tears
Chapter 19: The Trial
Chapter 20: Nezuko's Ordeal
Chapter 21: Revelation of the Ice
Chapter 22: Fuyuko's Blacksmith
Chapter 23: Lower Moon Two
Chapter 24: Foreseen in a Dream

Chapter 12: Fuyuko and Kyojuro

1K 37 6
By LovieJ34

"Rengoku-sama! Kazahana-sama!" Chiha called out as she ran towards the couple along with the Shrine priestess.

"Thank goodness you two are alright." She sighed in relief. "Thank you for finally freeing our shrine from the demon, now everything will soon be back to normal."

"You're welcome!" Kyojuro boisterously replied with his usual smile.

While Fuyuko, silently nodded to acknowledge the girl's gratitude.

"Please take this as a token of our appreciation." Saeko, the shrine priestess spoke.

She grabbed both Kyojuro's and Fuyuko's hand, bringing them close to each other as she swiftly slipped two matching bracelets in their wrists, and then entwined the couple's hands together before letting them go.

Fuyuko could feel the warmth of Kyojuro's hand in hers, and that warmth she felt traveled to her senses as a familiar feeling washed throughout her body once again, like a sea of forgotten memories that are yet to be remembered.

"It is only small trinkets but those bracelets are one of our shrine's treasures that should be given to the wedded couple that we blessed and adored the most." Saeko stated. "And you two are the ones that we are very thankful."

"Just think of it as our wedding gift." Chiha chimed.

"Of course!" Kyojuro replied. "Thank you."

While Fuyuko didn't say a word and just stared at the ornament in her fair wrist. The bracelet is adorned with red shiny stones, paired with pearls of crimson jades, and have Kyojuro's name carved in a circular-shaped gold. Their hands are still entwined and Fuyuko could clearly see her name carved in Kyojuro's bracelet.

"We hope for both of your happiness together." Saeko said. "The life of marriage has good and hard times but may the two of you be strong and stay by each other's side until death do you part."

Kyojuro nodded whole heartedly, he promised to never leave her side, he will do his best to be a great husband to his spouse. However, in Fuyuko's case, she doesn't really know what to do or what to say about this marriage stuff, but all the déjà vu's and strange feelings she felt around Kyojuro are too much for a mere coincidence. She knew that she knows him but she couldn't recall.

Fuyuko glanced at the smiling man beside him and she couldn't help but wonder who is he in her past life that her mind had buried, being just around him made her feel warm and at ease. He might be someone special to her, someone who cared about her. She didn't really realize how lonely she was until now.

Although, no matter how hard she tried to dug deep into her memories, the only memory she would remember in her deepest recollection is red - everything was bloody red. Everything stopped there and the rest are sealed by the darkness.

"Oh my~ you two look lovely together." Shinobu remarked as the Hashiras crowded the new wedded couple.

"Tch." Sanemi clicked his tongue in annoyance for not being the one who beheaded the demon.

"Ahhhh!" a certain love pillar suddenly screamed in joy as she run towards them.

"Love that bloomed in the battlefield!" she exclaimed with sparkling eyes that are full of hearts. "How romantic!"

"How flamboyant," Tengen praised, "Your wife is full of surprises, Rengoku."

"I pray for happiness and fortune in your new life of marriage, Rengoku." Gyomei blessed.

"Thank you, everyone." The Flame Hashira's smile grew brighter.

"Caw! Caw! Caw!" A certain crow suddenly let out an ear-piercing screech, catching everyone's attention.

Fuyuko immediately recognized those annoying, raspy, and loud cawing from the black bird. She then raised her head above to see Inei circling above her and Kyojuro. The Hashiras and shrine maidens also took noticed of the crow, as the bird continued to fly above the couple.

"Blessed Fuyuko's marriage! Blessed Fuyuko's marriage!" Inei greeted through his hoarse scream, "May Fuyuko multiply! May Fuyuko and Kyojuro's spawn multiply!"

With Inei's last greetings, Fuyuko internally died, while Kyojuro chuckled.

"Ara ara~ looks like Fuyuko-chan is also a member of the corps."

Kyojuro then felt Fuyuko's hand leave his own as she took a few steps away from him, he saw her swiftly wrapped her broken sword with a handkerchief and tightly tie it. She then let her Kasugai crow land on her outstretched wrist and hand him her broken katana.

"Send this to the swordsmith and have it fix." She commanded.

Inei cawed before clutching the wrapped blade between his claws and flying away to the starry night sky.

Now that her business with her crow is over, she now needs to attend another business that might feel really awkward. She mentally prepared herself as she turned her heels to face the group of Hashiras, whose attention are all towards her.

Especially, the man that resembles the flames, he is still brightly beaming towards her but she just stared at him with dull azure irises.

"Kazahana Fuyuko, current rank: Kinoe." She introduced herself. "I apolo-"

"Not anymore." Mitsuri's sweet voice abruptly cut her off.

She suddenly neared Fuyuko and the love hashira is invading her bubble, she's too close for Fuyuko's comfort.

"Your name is now Rengoku Fuyuko, Fuyuko-chan." Grabbing both Fuyuko's hands, she sweetly smiled. "And by the way I'm Kanroji Mitsuri, just call me Mitsuri."

Despite the love hashira's bubbly behaviour and flowery aura, Fuyuko didn't really feel comforted. She's still in an awkward position and she really wanted to terminate the wedding contract. However, she doubted that the head priestess of the shrine would let her.

"I didn't expect the wedding to be successful, Hanashi-san." Fuyuko averted her eyes towards the priestess. "Perhaps-"

"No." Saeko instantly answered upon reading Fuyuko's attempt, "There will be no divorcement."

"I don't have a choice, don't I?"

Saeko just gently smiled and nodded.

"Come on, why would you want to breakup with the fierce and compassionate Flame Hashira?" Tengen patted Kyojuro's back. "That's very unflamboyant."

"No, no, no, you shouldn't!" Mitsuri yelled. "Rengoku-san is a man with principles, a pure-hearted soul with fierce flames, and a great man. He's a cool brother too!"

The Love Hashira described Rengoku with full honesty as her pale green eyes sparkles with glee, and her fair cheeks are dusted with hues of pink. Whilst, Fuyuko just stared at her in silence, uninterested.

"The night is still young, you should all celebrate the newly wed couple." Saeko suggested.

"A restaurant is open nearby." Chiha informed. "They serve delicious cuisines there, a good place to have a feast."

"That would be delightful." Shinobu commented with a close-eyed smile.

"Then we should have drink for the newly-weds!"

Tengen declared as he placed his arms on Kyojuro and Sanemi's shoulders, pulling them along as they started to walk towards the said eatery with the others following them behind.

"Hey! I didn't say I would come along with you." The wind hashira protested.

"Oh don't be such a knucklehead and join along." Tengen insisted, tightening his grip on Sanemi.

"Let's go!" Mitsuri squealed as she dragged Fuyuko.

Then just like a blink of an eye, Fuyuko found herself sitting beside Kyojuro in front of a long table filled with foods and drinks. The room are filled with loud noises as the hashiras chatter and laugh, while some just eat quietly like Fuyuko and Giyu.

"To Fuyuko and Kyojuro!" They cheered raising their cups towards the two.

Time passes quickly while you are having fun. Well, Fuyuko didn't really have fun but she didn't dislike the company either. As the stars grew brighter and the sky grew darker, the once young night is as late as it could be, and the party finally ended.

After the lively celebration, Fuyuko took her time in the bathroom. The sensation of cold water in her pale skin and the gentle sound of coursing water that filled her ears always made her feel relax. She could always go to the hot spring of the inn, that she is staying, if she wanted to but she would rather be naked alone on a cold bathroom than to bathe with other people.

Being by herself always brought her comfort, that's what she thought but deep inside, there is a sense of loneliness that she continued to ignore.

Finishing her long bath, she dried herself, and slip on a pale blue yukata embroidered with blue dandelion flowers that was provided for the inn's guests. She let her snowy hair cascade down her waist to let it dry and she finally step out from the bathroom to see Kyojuro still awake.

The other pillars are staying in the same inn as Fuyuko, the inn already have a lot of guests, and with the pillars renting individual rooms for themselves is the reason why the inn is now full, and unfortunately or fortunately, she ended up sharing a room and a bed with the Flame Hashira who is very happy about it.

She stared at him for a moment as he remained still while sitting on their bed, his head is hung low as his red golden eyes are pinned on the bracelet on his wrist. He didn't even notice Fuyuko's presence, making her wonder why is he so deep in thought.

The room was dim, only the light of a single lamp brought a fiery glow to the dark space. Nonetheless, its faint radiance is enough to bring light to Kyojuro's gentle expression, as a small smile grace his lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 269 32
Her heart was cold as ice while his was warm like fire. She never believed in love until he showed her otherwise that it is truly beautiful and that...
5.8K 114 27
// Honestly, I finished the manga and I'm trying to remember things as I go so I'm sorry peeps. \\ Rengoku has a past that you are fairly aware of si...
25 3 4
The year is 2023, and Demons still roam the earth as they feast on those who can't fend for themselves. That's why the Hashira and Slayers still live...
39.2K 1.2K 87
His ๐šœ๐š™๐šŠ๐š›๐š”๐š•๐š’๐š—๐š grey ๐šŽ๐šข๐šŽ๐šœ ๐šœ๐š‘๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐š›๐š˜๐šž๐š๐š‘๐š˜๐šž๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šŒ๐š˜๐šž๐š›๐š๐šข๐šŠ๐š›๐š, ๐šŠ ๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š–๐šŠ๐š•๐š’๐šŒ๐šŽ ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š–, "๐ˆ ๐ก๐จ...