Shades of Chase (English Vers...

By Warranj

A pair of caramel eyes, a sharp and pointed noise, a strong and defined jaw, and carnation pink lips-those we... More

Disclaimer
Shades of Chase
Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 10

7.5K 357 207
By Warranj

I feel like I'm still in dreamland as I stare at Chase's small portrait hanging on the wall of my room. The sun is already peeking over the pink curtains from the window, telling me that it's time for me to get up from bed but I don't have the energy to do it.

I didn't have enough sleep. I slept late for I had a hard time sleeping because of what happened last night. I had no idea how to sleep in peace when the thoughts that were running inside my head were all about last night. I didn't know how his simple touch and embrace could light up a flame inside of me, that I'm suddenly lost with his touch.

I can't even fathom myself to believe that I've just met him a few days ago but then I've let him touch and hug me like I've been yearning for it for quite a long time. I didn't even feel angry that he touched me that way. It seemed to be fine. I like the way how every stroke he did gave me the excitement... the hunger... the fire... and the thrill I didn't know I had inside of me.

I anchored my eyes on the envelope on top of my dresser. It's the money he gave me last night. He said that's the payment for my painting as he also asked for it. I refused to accept it first because it seems more than its actual value, considering I did it without his approval. As much as I tried to refuse the money, he still insisted it.

So now, I'm actually thinking of buying additional stuff for Reil. I also thought of buying stocks in the grocery before we run out of it. I haven't told my mom about the money. Probably later in the afternoon.

My phone beeped signaling a message was received. I got it under my bed lazily and walked slowly to avoid making any noises as Reil is still sleeping.

The screen light was on when I saw a message from someone.

Unknown number:

Morning.

My sleepy eyes grew wide as my heart raced fast. I remember Michelle telling me that she gave Chase my personal number. No wonder this is him.

Even is his message, I can still feel the spark of electricity running through my veins. I feel like the butterflies in my stomach are rumbling just by reading his message.

A smile was etched on my lips as I typed my reply.

Me:

Good morning, Chase.

As soon as I sent that message, my phone rang. I didn't waste another seconds and accepted his call.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Did I wake you up?"

I hardly slept at all, I wanted to voice out but opted not to. "No. I'm already awake when you called."

"Let me rephrase my question then. Have you slept?"

I chuckled nervously at the other line. Why do I have a feeling he knows I hardly had any sleep because of him?

"O-Of course! W-Why do you think I wouldn't be able to sleep?"

He chuckled. "My baby's stuttering, huh?"

I closed my eyes remembering last night. I brought my hand just across my heart and feel the fast beating of it. I glanced at Reil and saw that he's still sleeping soundly like a little baby.

"Chase, what happened l-last night—"

"I'm not sorry for what I did, Allison. You have to know that I'm the type of man who always express how I feel," he chuckled like it's not a good thing for him. "But it sometimes goes overboard."

What exactly does he mean about that?

"Were you scared?" he added.

"N-Not really..."

"Just as I thought," he whispered as the tone of his voice became raspy and even sounded dangerous. "You didn't look scared at all."

I wasn't able to respond outright because I felt he still has something to say.

"But you looked aroused."

Waves of nausea hit my stomach with the way he delivers those words. I feel like vomiting as I feel nervous with his every word.

"Liked the way my hands touch your body?"

"Chase..." I whimpered. I wanted to complain and dismiss him because he is starting light up something inside of me with where our conversation is leading.

I heard his throaty chuckle across the line like he can sense my awkwardness.

"I'll see you soon."

I was left dumbfounded on my bed when Chase dropped the call. What the hell just happened? How did Chase and I end up in this situation? The last time I checked, we're nothing but civil to each other. We accidentally met because he saw his portrait hanging on the wall of an art exhibition. He wanted to buy it and so I sold it to him.

That's supposed to be it. Were supposed to end at him buying my painting. Why does it feel like it's not the last time, that there's something else for the both of us? Something deeper than just me being an artist and him as my subject.

Yeah, I remember . We wanted to know the reason behind my dreams. For him, there's a deep connection between us and we intend to find the reason together. But I wouldn't deny I'm starting to develop an intense and strong attraction towards him.

☽☾

"Wow, he really is generous, Tanya. Imagine the amount of money he paid for your painting of him. This is the first time I was able to hold a huge amount such as this. Goodness, half a million pesos for his face?!? I'm just worried he might ask something in return for such an amount, don't you think?"

From arranging the earnings from selling, I anchored my eyes to my mom. I glanced at Reil who is about to leave the stall.

I decided to bring him here because there's no one to look after him. I don't want to impose to Aunt Fely and Rich about him for they've done enough help for us already. It's now lunchtime and we'll be closing in a while anyway.

"Reil, stay here..." I said while looking straight to my Mom. "What would he even ask in return? I don't think he's that kind of guy. He must have just really liked my painting that much."

"I think he's interested on you, Tanya. I remember your father looking at me the same way—"

"There you go again with your crazy ideas, Mama. You're thinking about Papa again then you would cry after." I hissed at her because she always ends up crying when she talks about their past.

She shrugged her shoulders and smiled. "Just take care of yourself, Tanya. You don't have any experience with men and relationships . Always remember to balance everything. Don't use your heart every time because you might end up hurting yourself in the end. Sometimes, we need to use our head."

The way my mom talk seems like she's really worried about my growing relationship with Chase. Even if I'm still uncertain and confused of how to even term what we have, if there's any. I don't want to keep my hopes up and assume he likes me romantically. I find that impossible considering the length of time we know each other; we have met just few days ago.

It was around four in the afternoon when we finished selling. Good thing we didn't have any leftovers that we need to worry about and that made my mom delighted.

"Mama... Chase's payment is on the envelope above my dresser. Let's buy some stocks in the grocery and other things for Reil."

She glanced at me from gathering everything we used and nod her head.

"Alright then. Let's have a day off for tomorrow so we can buy things we need. Let's bring Reil to the mall as well."

I smiled at her. "That's good."

As soon as we get to closed our stall, we left the market walking while I'm holding Reil's hand. Just as we went out of the market, I saw Chase across the street looking at our direction, staring intently at me. I looked at my mom who is now looking at Chase's direction as well.

I swallowed hard at that. "You can go ahead, Mama."

She nodded her head as a response. I looked down to Reil. He's wearing a cap while looking at my mom's way because of the children playing. He is not aware of Chase's presence. If he ever notices him, I'm sure as hell he'll be teasing me non-stop. I can introduce him with each other, but not now.

"We'll go ahead, Tanya."

I nodded and she pulled Reil with her. He's too focused on the children playing he doesn't seem to notice I'm no longer with them.

I took that chance to amble towards Chase. From looking at my mom who's now meters away from us, he darted his eyes on me.

"You're here..." I said when I stopped in front of him.

His eyes were too menacing despite him staring calmly at me.

He removed his foot from crossing to the other one as well as the hands inside his pocket. He turned his back away and suddenly opened the car door. Holding it, he glanced at me as if he's telling me to get inside.

I bit my lip, looked at the ground and then back to his face before I let out a wry smile. I walked towards him and anchored myself inside his car. Our eyes met for a while before he closed the door. He looked sexy while staring down at me and I'm starting to ask myself why I let myself went inside his car without hearing anything from him.

I watched him walked to the other side until he gets in. I heard the door of his car opened. From staring at my hands, I looked up to him. I saw him rest his hand above his long and masculine thigh, drumming his fingers above it.

"W-Why, Chase? Is there a problem?" I asked in a small voice.

His perfect set of teeth were tugging a small part of his lower lip while fixing his eyes on the road ahead. It took him a few seconds before he finally looked back at me.

"I'll offer you a job, Allison..." he started. The kind of tone he's using was serious and authoritative.

My eyes blinked profusely. I don't remember telling him that I'm looking for a job.

"U-Uhm... I'm not really looking for a job—"

"No. I want you to accept this. Don't want anyone to do it aside from you."

My brows furrowed at his sudden response. "W-What kind of job?"

Why am I nervous all of a sudden? Why does he seem so serious about this job? What kind of job is he offering me anyway?

He stared at me... he seems to be frustrated... like he's trying to convince himself that he needs to tell me whatever's going on inside his mind right now.

He placed his dark eyes in front of him, jaw clenched hard as I saw his hand above his thigh balled into fist.

"I want you to paint me..." he said as he hooked his eyes on me. "Personally."

Personally? So he wants me to paint him in person? But why? I don't think I can focus doing that knowing that he's in front of me.

It's going to be an awkward situation for sure. Thinking that we'd be in a silent place, his eyes were on me as I paint him, would surely make me feel uncomfortable.

"Can you do that?" he snapped me out of my thoughts.

I gulped. "W-Why?"

Because of the extreme tension I'm feeling with him beside me, that's the only thing I was able to say to him.

The corner of his lips twitched. He's giving me a self-satisfied smirk. He crouched near me, making me freeze on my position. I held my breath when he moved his face near my ear. My fingers curled when I felt his warm breath on my jaw.

"I just want to," he answered. "I want you to paint me with nothing but a white sheet on my hips as I lie down on my bed..."

Just like last night, he let his lips slid on the side of my neck giving me soft and wet kisses.

"Or how about I let you see me in my all glory, hmm, baby?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707 27 14
Ace Vinci a powerful dominant and reckless CEO of the Vinci enterprises making him one of the most powerful men in the world. He has everything mon...
349K 6.4K 38
❝I was in an utter state of euphoria. All because of one boy, Ponyboy Curtis.❞ In which a damaged boy falls for an even more damaged girl. im so bad...
18.9K 587 91
She was a replica of the son, the minor Marquis Kieran (키에런) Vale. Marchioness of Vale's (베일) failure, a vagrant from the Louvre (루버) district. It wa...
8K 455 16
"It would have been better if I'd not seen you that day," he said, his eyes dropping on her lips. "Which day? Have we met before?" "Yes," he reduce...