Chapter 10

I feel like I'm still in dreamland as I stare at Chase's small portrait hanging on the wall of my room. The sun is already peeking over the pink curtains from the window, telling me that it's time for me to get up from bed but I don't have the energy to do it.

I didn't have enough sleep. I slept late for I had a hard time sleeping because of what happened last night. I had no idea how to sleep in peace when the thoughts that were running inside my head were all about last night. I didn't know how his simple touch and embrace could light up a flame inside of me, that I'm suddenly lost with his touch.

I can't even fathom myself to believe that I've just met him a few days ago but then I've let him touch and hug me like I've been yearning for it for quite a long time. I didn't even feel angry that he touched me that way. It seemed to be fine. I like the way how every stroke he did gave me the excitement... the hunger... the fire... and the thrill I didn't know I had inside of me.

I anchored my eyes on the envelope on top of my dresser. It's the money he gave me last night. He said that's the payment for my painting as he also asked for it. I refused to accept it first because it seems more than its actual value, considering I did it without his approval. As much as I tried to refuse the money, he still insisted it.

So now, I'm actually thinking of buying additional stuff for Reil. I also thought of buying stocks in the grocery before we run out of it. I haven't told my mom about the money. Probably later in the afternoon.

My phone beeped signaling a message was received. I got it under my bed lazily and walked slowly to avoid making any noises as Reil is still sleeping.

The screen light was on when I saw a message from someone.

Unknown number:

Morning.

My sleepy eyes grew wide as my heart raced fast. I remember Michelle telling me that she gave Chase my personal number. No wonder this is him.

Even is his message, I can still feel the spark of electricity running through my veins. I feel like the butterflies in my stomach are rumbling just by reading his message.

A smile was etched on my lips as I typed my reply.

Me:

Good morning, Chase.

As soon as I sent that message, my phone rang. I didn't waste another seconds and accepted his call.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Did I wake you up?"

I hardly slept at all, I wanted to voice out but opted not to. "No. I'm already awake when you called."

"Let me rephrase my question then. Have you slept?"

I chuckled nervously at the other line. Why do I have a feeling he knows I hardly had any sleep because of him?

"O-Of course! W-Why do you think I wouldn't be able to sleep?"

He chuckled. "My baby's stuttering, huh?"

I closed my eyes remembering last night. I brought my hand just across my heart and feel the fast beating of it. I glanced at Reil and saw that he's still sleeping soundly like a little baby.

"Chase, what happened l-last night—"

"I'm not sorry for what I did, Allison. You have to know that I'm the type of man who always express how I feel," he chuckled like it's not a good thing for him. "But it sometimes goes overboard."

What exactly does he mean about that?

"Were you scared?" he added.

"N-Not really..."