Chapter 33

It's been an hour when Chase left and just a few minutes since he bid his goodbye to me before he went back to his office. He's gone and all but I still can't forget what Theo said that he's starting to feel something towards me.

Sometimes, I'd like to think that it's still Chase so there's no point of overthinking, but then I remember Theo has a different persona. They are only sharing the same body but they have different personalities.

I shouldn't be bothered. I'm sure Theo was just teasing me because as what Chase said they were always fighting as they contradict each other. He's always against his life decisions. So he must have said that to make Chase angry.

Chase was even mad because Theo keeps on fronting for no reason. That he didn't know what triggers him. But I notice every time I say how much I love Chase he would suddenly come out and growl at me like a mad lion.

"Tanya, can you go to the market first and buy these vegetables? I asked Chase earlier if he would come back again. When he said he would stay here again I thought of cooking him a delicious dish. You think he would like Kare-Kare?"

From sweeping the ground, I raised my head and looked at my mother who's putting a white towel on Reil's back. He's been playing for a while and my mother doesn't like it every time he dries up with sweat, especially on the back.

"You're good at cooking, Mama. I'm sure Chase will definitely like whatever you serve."

"Oh, hush, you're such a flatterer. All right, you go to the market after that. Finish what you're sweeping first."

I just gave him a nod and a smile before I resume on sweeping the ground. My eyes accidentally bore into the open trash bin. The toy full of blood that Chase and I saw last night was no longer there. He must have thrown it out somewhere else so Reil won't be able to see it. He would be scared for sure once he found out he was holding the same toy he got outside our door.

I immediately went to the market. When I returned, Mama met me as she got out from the kitchen.

"What took you so long? Are there a lot of people in the market?" she asked.

"Yeah. Where is Reil, Ma?"

I put the bag down on the table before washing my hands.

"He's in your room. He just finished taking a bath. By the way, Chase has been here twice now. He seems angry and seem to be not in his usual self. He didn't even get out of his car, he was just peeking when I noticed him as I was in the backyard. he just keeps coming back. What happened, is there something wrong?"

I was distracted by Mama's continuous litany. She was looking through the vegetables I bought from the bag.

"Back and forth? He didn't leave anything, Ma?"

"He didn't even step down his car. He just glanced through the window, with a frown on his face."

I leaned over the sink, stunned as I stared ahead of me.

I wonder if there is a problem at work.

I immediately turned my attention to the window when I heard the sound of a car. Mama and I looked at each other as if she was telling me she was certain it was Chase.

I stepped away from leaning on the sink and walked briskly out of the house. I frowned when I confirmed that it was Chase's car.

"Why isn't he coming out?" I said to myself.

I went straight to the passenger side and opened the door. Thankfully, it's not locked. Chase's serious and furrowed eyebrows as he looks ahead welcomed me.

His eyes anchored on me as soon as I went inside. I sat down next to him and I could clearly see the rapid change in the expression on his face. From being serious, the edge of his lips quickly quirked upward.

"Finally. Where have—"

"Mama said you've been coming back for quite a few times today? Is there any problem, Chase? You said you have an urgent meeting that you have to attend today."

He rolled his eyes on me and looked ahead of us — and Chase never do that to me ever since I can remember. He never once rolled his eyes at me like as if he was irritated with me.

"Theo..." I said in a cold voice.

He sighed. "I don't want to be in that meeting. It's boring and I want to stay here instead... with you."

I closed my eyes tightly and leaned my head back on the car seat without a word. I massaged the side of my head and unlocked my eyes. I caught up with Theo who was still staring straight ahead. He's biting his lower lip that made it become redder.

"Theo, that meeting is important for Chase. You have to let him go and attend there." I said with my brows furrowed at him.

He glanced at me. "Are you mad?"

According to Chase, alters are somehow sensitive. If I say right in front of Theo that I'm a little annoyed because he always shows up and contradicts all of Chase's plans and decisions in life, he might just do things like this even more.

I sighed and held his hand. "I'm not mad. I just want you to let Chase do his responsibilities at work. Can you at least, just this once, be considerate of him and learn to compromise instead. Can you please be in agreement with him?"

He smirked and shook his head. "I can't promise you that..." He leaned forward and slouched a bit to give my lips a feathery kiss. It was just quick and he immediately move away. He brought his lip close to my ear. "But I'll try... for you."

He gently leaned his forehead on my shoulder and sighed. He stayed on that position for almost a minute before I heard his voice again.

"What time is it?"

The moment he asked that, I already knew that Chase is back.

"A few minutes before eleven."

He spits a curse. "I don't know why Theo keeps on fronting these days. I am fucking late in my meeting."

I put my hands behind his back while gently tapping him when I heard him say that.

"Go ahead, Chase. You might still be able to catch up."

He rose from leaning his forehead on my shoulder. Our gazes met, his eyes were gloomy and looking tired. I brought my palm to his cheek and gently caressed it.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He breathed exasperatedly before nodding his head. "I have to go. I'll call you when I'm free."

I nodded. He returned to his seat and started the engine. I keep on thinking what if Theo decided to switch with Chase again and go back here? If that happens, Chase will definitely have more problems with that.

My eyes accidentally landed on a sticky note on the dashboard. Maybe, I can use this to communicate with Theo. If he ever thinks about switching with Chase again, he can read the note and think about what I told him.

I reached for the sticky note and the ball pen stuck in there.

"What are you doing?" Chase asked.

I ignored him and started writing a message for Theo.

I pinned it in front of the player of his car and then turned to face Chase. His forehead was a bit crinkled while looking at it like it's just a piece of trash. He gave me a questioning look and I only answered it with a little smile.

Theo,

Chase needs to attend the meeting. Please let him.

Tanya

"Maybe it will help as his reminder and he'll remember you have to do something important. Hope it works."

The wrinkle on his forehead disappeared. His eyes suddenly become dreamy as he held my hand.

"He listens to you..."

I shook my head. "No. That twin of yours is really a bit stubborn."

He brought my hand to his lips and gave it a tender kiss.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with him. He's really a pain in the ass."

I laughed. I wanted to ask him about what Theo said to me this morning that he was starting to develop feelings for me but I then remember he cannot remember anything whenever they're switching. He doesn't and cannot hold Theo's memory and vice versa.

"It's okay. I can handle them all, Chase. For you."

I'm not sure when it comes to Alistair. Since the incident happened concerning him and some random women he has not shown up to me yet. Chase said he doesn't front that much. It's Theo and Richard who fronts frequently these days.

☽☾

Chase: The sticky note helps. I'll see you later, baby.

From lying on the sofa while watching TV I read that message from Chase. I smiled. If Theo ever insisted on going out again and read that message, then I'm glad he listened to me somehow.

I didn't bother responding to Chase's message. I placed my phone above the center table and closed my eyes. These past few days I see myself always wanting to sleep more often. I feel like I'm always exhausted even if I'm not doing anything strenuous at all. I probably just really lack some sleep because of the recent events.

I woke up to the sudden whirl inside my stomach. I feel there is something bitter that climbed up in my throat I suddenly want to vomit. I got up and quickly ran to the sink. I bent down, turned on the faucet and forced to vomit the bitter liquid inside of me.

I can feel my bones slowly weakening like it's losing its strength. I washed my face as I leaned against the sink. Still catching my breath, I saw Mama at the kitchen entrance, looking at me seriously, eyes questioning.

"Are you pregnant, Tanya?"