Shades of Chase (English Vers...

By Warranj

A pair of caramel eyes, a sharp and pointed noise, a strong and defined jaw, and carnation pink lips-those we... More

Disclaimer
Shades of Chase
Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 7

7.6K 390 60
By Warranj

Miss Teresa had no choice but to leave when Chase asked her to. I find his way of asking her to leave a bit rude but I'd say that she deserved it. Rude things happen to rude people.

"T-Thanks but you shouldn't have done that. I plan to settle our debt to her tomorrow." I said while looking at him.

Chase was already staring at me like I'm sort of a problem he needs to solve. He is leaning on a post on our stall, so casually, while hands crossed against his chest . I can't help but feel ashamed because he's so well dressed I'm worrying about his clothes getting stained.

He's in the market after all but he doesn't seem to mind at all.

"No big deal. That woman doesn't know how to respect. How long have you been dealing with her?"

"A couple of months I think. It was my mom who borrowed money from her so we can add it on our investment for renting this stall."

He nodded his head while looking at the pork and chicken hanging on our stall. I already had an idea he's a wealthy man based on his looks and how he dressed up. He might be a member of the elite class for all I know. He's like those business men I watched on the television. The type of man who always wear business attires, fixing his coat while body guards are behind him as he walks along the elegant lobby of his empire.

Chase must be one of them. He surely is.

And to see him standing in front of me, looking fine and seems to be not disgusted with these fresh meats made me feel awe.

"Thanks again for settling our debt. I promise to pay you."

He nodded his head. "As much as I want to insist that it's fine, I know women like you won't be okay with that. I'll just get it from the payment of your painting."

I wasn't able to respond immediately. So he is really interested in buying that painting after all.

"Name the price, Allison. I'm willing to pay."

I looked down and shook my head. "To be honest, this is my first time being featured in an art exhibition so I really don't have any idea how much that'll cost. I guess, you can pay me whatever amount suits you."

His lips stretched out for a smile. "Finally agreed to sell it, huh?"

"I really wanted to just give it to you for free just like what I've told you before. It's just that something came up which made me change my decision and accepted your offer."

He nodded, the smile on his face was still there. "Good decision."

I smiled awkwardly at him. I'm not really a shy person but of course it still depends on who I am dealing with. It's just that with Chase, I feel like I'm always being drawn with him. He's presence really makes my heart flutter, especially when he looks at me. I feel lost just by looking at his caramel orbs.

I pretended to be busy in fixing the pork and chicken even if it's already arranged orderly. No one has bought anything yet, should have been Miss Teresa but then Chase shooed her away.

"Did you come here for the painting?" I asked him, not bothering to look at him.

"The painting..." he said. "And you."

I was stunned, automatically looked up to glance at him.

"W-Why?"

"We're supposed to find out the reason why you're dreaming of me, aren't we?"

My lips separated in surprise. Did he really mean that?

"In what away? Do you have any idea how we will find out about the reason? Plus we're really uncertain there is a definite answer. It might just be something random."

He shook his head in disapproval, dismissing what I've said.

"No. I think there's a reason, Allison. A connection," he said confidently. "A deep connection that involves the two of us."

My brows furrowed at his conviction. "And what would that be? I don't think we would even find the answer easily; it might take time. Only time can tell."

"I have time. I can always have time for this..." he said sincerely, looking straight into my eyes. "For you."

Words didn't rush down my lips. I was suddenly caught off guard, surprised of the things he said. For sure it's just normal — that he doesn't mean anything serious about it. But why did my heart flutter at that?

"Do you mind if I demand you to give me some time, too? Because I'm serious when I said that I want to us to find the reason why you're dreaming about a man you haven't met before."

I bit my lower lip, unconsciously. His eyes followed it.

"Is it that big of a deal for you?"

He returned his gaze on my eyes and sighed.

"It is. I've never been this curious about anything all throughout my life," he chuckled like it's a crazy thing to feel. "You make me so fucking curious about you... about us."

I felt a sudden spark of electricity running through my veins with what he said. I even feel my heart suddenly stop in beating that I have no choice but to hold my breath. See? That's how much his affect is towards me.

I bowed my head down, calmed myself and raised my head up to look at him.

"Alright then... We both don't have any idea how and what to do to get the answers in this situation... So, let's find it together." I smiled at him. "The painting is in our house l, Chase, but as of the moment I won't be able to give it to you because I have to finish and sell all these before I can go home."

He smiled. He made me see how perfect and bright his teeth are together with his pinkish cupid bow lips.

"I don't mind staying here with you."

I blinked at his response. "Don't you have anything important to do? I couldn't take the entire day here. I'm going to get scolded by my mom if I wouldn't be able to sell all these. I don't have the luxury of time to talk and entertain you the whole day."

He chuckled. "I'll help you sell these meat, Allison."

"W-What?" I laughed at him. "You must be out of your mind—"

"Is staying here with you even if I have my own job to take care of makes me crazy?" He shrugged his shoulders. "Then maybe I am."

Before I can even find the words to respond to him, he had already entered the small entrance of our stall. I looked at him but he doesn't seem to mind even if I'm watching him. My eyes widened when he slowly unbuttoned his white buttoned down shirt as he set his gaze on me.

"W-Wait! Why are you taking your clothes of?" I asked nervously.

I had a glimpse of some people looking at our direction, at Chase to be more specific. Why not? He's really an attention stealer. With his fair complexion, toned body and model-like height, he's undeniably stealing attentions.

"I think I'm being too formal wearing this while I help you, Allison."

I shook my head. "Chase, you don't even have an idea what to do—"

"I can follow directions, baby. Trust me." he winked and that made me blush.

With that, he totally removed his button down sleeve from his upper body. It's as if God took all the time he needed to sculpt Chase's body and brought it to perfection. I swallowed hard at the scene.

"Can I use this?" he asked that snapped me out from gawking at his body.

"W-What?"

I saw him holding the pink apron of my mom. I blinked my eyes for a couple of times trying to figure out if he's serious about that but with the stoic expression in his face, looks like he is.

"Y-Yeah..." I added.

He nodded and wore the pink apron like it's normal for him to do so. He walked towards my direction while looking straight ahead while I glanced back at him.

He's really serious about helping you today, Tanya. But why is he wasting his time here doing things he's not used to do?

"So how do we start this one? Should I dance to get their attention? Perhaps, a free kiss on the cheek when they buy a kilo of meat?"

I laughed hard at that. He looked at me and raised his brow. The smile on my lips slowly disappeared and looked away from him. He chuckled that made me anchor my eyes on him again. There's already a smirk plastered on his lips again while staring at me intently.

"They will come and buy if they want something." I said.

"Uh-huh, let's wait for them then."

That did not happen though. Not long enough, buyers swarm our stall, most of them were women who would look at him at first but will buy after while giggling . Some of them were middle aged women who did nothing but to stare at Chase the whole time they're in front of us. Even the older women can't help but to gawk at him. I even saw an elderly who did a sign of the cross like seeing Chase is a sin she has committed.

"How many kilos do you need?" he asked the girl who wanted to buy chicken meat.

The girl smiled shyly at him. Her cheeks even blushed.

"U-Uhm... Two kilos, sir."

"Alright, coming up."

I'm more than surprised to see Chase's chopping the chicken like he's been doing it for a long while. I'm just guiding him as to what part the customers were asking and he would chop and slice it by himself with ease. His muscles were even flexing every time he moves. It's just a matter of time before we have all the meat sold and I have to admit that it's all because of him.

"Thank you Chase." I said.

He then looked at me. He only winked at me and smiled for an answer.

"I had fun..."

"I'm sorry because you had your clothes stained for helping me out."

"That's fine, Allison. Besides, I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm just glad that I helped you."

He brought his attention back to the faucet and washed his hands properly. I wanted to treat him for a snack as a gratitude for what he's done for me today. But then, I'm not sure if he would be fine to eat at an eatery.

Never mind.

I cleaned the stall and gathered everything we used including the earnings for the day. Chase helped me close the place until we got out of the public market.

"Why aren't you wearing your shirt?" I asked him while walking.

"I have a spare shirt on my car. I'll change."

I nodded my head. "I wanted to ask you for a snack if that's okay. Take it as a sign of gratitude for helping me out today." I dared asked.

He looked at me with a small smile on his lips.

"It's not really a big deal. But yeah, won't decline your offer."

I smiled at him. "Let me just set your expectations though, it will just be in an eatery nearby."

He chuckled. "It's fine. Next time, I'll be the one to treat you."

Wait... So there's a next time?

"Felt happy doing that with you," he ades as we continued walking.

I smiled not bothering myself to answer. We continued walking until we reached his car. I didn't go nearer as I watched him changes into his spare clothes. He took some black plain shirt and wore it. He then took his shoes off and wore a black slipper. He still looks handsome and attractive just wearing casual clothes.

I turned my back, took a deep breath and looked up at the sky as it turns into orange as the sun sets.

Everything happened so sudden. I was just seeing him in my dreams, wondering who he is or if he's even real. I keep asking myself why is he always in my dreams. Now, here we are, I finally had the confirmation I was looking for.

He is real. So real I had to convince myself he's not just an imagination but a reality.

I bit my lower lip at the realization and released a deep breath. I bowed down for a moment and then looked back when I find myself bumping into Chase's chest. I looked up to him again and found him staring intently at me. His stares was so intense like I'm the only one he sees.

"U-Uhm, let's go?" I asked nervously as I feel the familiar tension again with the kind of stare he's giving me.

His teeth bit a small part of his lower lip and nodded.

"After you, baby." he answered, voice was low, smokey and dead sexy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470 53 56
Mask on... No identity. "Who are you?" I asked after the enchanting dance we just had. "You'll never know" he said. It was a party where everyone wa...
9.9K 209 18
ห—หห‹๐ŸฅคหŽหŠห— ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, sodapop curtis has had a crush oh his best friend, athena laurier for as long as he can remember, one day he decides to mak...
32.4K 471 22
๐˜„๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐˜‚๐—ป ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐˜‚๐—ป ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฐ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜€
62.2K 1.5K 18
Steve may not be willing to accept the feelings he's been hiding for years. Soda may not be able to come to terms with the news about Sandy. Two-bit...