[Discontinued*] The Darling P...

By Expecto_fandom89

[Various Twisted Wonderland x fem!reader] [*Changed to The Lost Princess of Callisto on my profile. This vers... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
πŸ₯€ Chapter 21
πŸ₯€ Chapter 22
πŸ₯€ Chapter 23
πŸ₯€ Chapter 24
πŸ₯€ Chapter 25
πŸ₯€ Chapter 26
πŸ₯€ Chapter 27
πŸ₯€ Chapter 28
πŸ₯€ Chapter 29
πŸ₯€ Chapter 30
πŸ₯€ Chapter 31
πŸ₯€ Chapter 32
πŸ₯€ Chapter 33
πŸ₯€ Chapter 34
πŸ₯€ Chapter 35
πŸ₯€ Chapter 36
πŸ₯€ Chapter 37
πŸ₯€ Chapter 38
πŸ₯€ Chapter 39
πŸ₯€ Chapter 40
πŸ₯€ Chapter 41
πŸ₯€ Chapter 42
πŸ₯€ Chapter 43
πŸ₯€ Chapter 44
πŸ₯€ Chapter 45
πŸ₯€ Chapter 46
πŸ₯€ Chapter 47
πŸ₯€ Chapter 48
🦁Chapter 49
🦁Chapter 50
🦁 Chapter 51
🦁 Chapter 52
🦁 Chapter 53
🦁 Chapter 54
🦁 Chapter 55
🦁 Chapter 56
🦁 Chapter 57
🦁 Chapter 58
🦁 Chapter 59
🦁 Chapter 60
🦁 Chapter 61
🦁 Chapter 62
🦁 Chapter 63
🦁 Chapter 64
🦁 Chapter 65
🦁 Chapter 66
🦁 Chapter 67
🦁 Chapter 68
🦁 Chapter 69
🦁 Chapter 70
🦁 Chapter 71
🦁 Chapter 72
🦁 Chapter 73
🦁 Chapter 74
🦁 Chapter 75
🦁 Chapter 76
🦁 Chapter 77
🦁 Chapter 78
🦁 Chapter 79
Chapter 80
πŸ™ Chapter 81
πŸ™ Chapter 82
πŸ™ Chapter 83
πŸ™ Chapter 84
πŸ™ Chapter 85
πŸ™ Chapter 86
πŸ™ Chapter 87
πŸ™ Chapter 88
πŸ™ Chapter 89
πŸ™ Chapter 90
πŸ™ Chapter 91
List of Characters
πŸ™ Chapter 92
πŸ™ Chapter 93
πŸ™ Chapter 94
πŸ™ Chapter 96
πŸ™ Chapter 97
πŸ™ Chapter 98

πŸ™ Chapter 95

753 33 4
By Expecto_fandom89

While the boys went to go and work out, Y/N decided to wander the dorm a bit. She had only been here a few times before, and now that she was here, and was to be living here for the next while, she thought it to be a good idea for her to roam a bit. 

As she walked, she suddenly noticed a draft that seemed to be coming from one room in particular. She frowned and walked toward it, rubbing her arms as the temperature seemed to drop the closer she got. The door seemed to be just like everyone else's doors in the dorm and Y/N guessed that it was one of the spare rooms that they had stocked up with random junk. 

'Would Leona be okay with me poking around a bit,' Y/N thought, glancing over her shoulder. She could still hear the dorm thumping around on the field outside as they warmed up, and shrugged. The worst he could do was ban her from Savanaclaw... right? She thought back to their interaction with Edurne in the garden and shook like a leaf as a chill ran down her spine. 

Y/N inhaled sharply and grasped the handle of the door, somewhat surprised to find it unlocked. In a den of thieves and cheats, the door was left unlocked. Clearly, there was nothing of any value in the room, but still, there was an overwhelming sense of curiosity that led Y/N into the depths of the room.

The dark embraced her and Y/N felt her breath catch in her throat as she quietly shut the door behind her. There was no sense in leaving it open if she wasn't supposed to be in there. 

Carefully, she took another step, stretching her hand out in front of her to make sure that she didn't bump into anything. Who knows what junk the boys may have stored here over the many years, tossed aside and left to fall victim to dust and bugs? Y/N shuddered at the thought of the creepy crawlies but continued on.

Her hand eventually brushed a wooden crate and she frowned, wondering what was in it. She clenched her hand and when she released the muscles, a pale yellow light shone out from her palm, illuminating the black ink on the side of the box. Sadly, she was still unable to read it, as years of sitting here had slowly peeled away the pigment, but she carefully clambered up onto another smaller crate at her feet and pushed the top of the box off.

Inside was a strangely ornate box with what appeared to be a moonstone set in the wooden top, surrounded by small silver runes. Y/N glanced toward the door, hoping that no one was about to barge in on her, and took a breath. She leaned over the edge of the box and slowly picked it up, holding it carefully in one hand as she jumped back down to the ground. It felt odd to hold it in her hands, but it wasn't the fact that it was so odd that made Y/N pause in her exploration. Instead, it was the familiarity of the box and the markings on the sides.

"Callisto," Y/N whispered, remembering her kingdom's name. She set the box down on a barrel and gently tried to pry the lid open. She frowned when she realised that it was locked, and when she bent down to inspect the lock, she was even more frustrated to find that it needed a key to be opened. Where was she supposed to find a key to this ancient box? 

She returned to the crate where she had found it and peered in, searching through the hay for any sign of a key that she could use. It came of no surprise when she found no sort of key, but she was pleased to find a few other things that were decorated with her family name.  Soon, she had amassed a large collection of what appeared to be historical artefacts, all with her kingdom's name on them. There were even a few engraved with the name 'Artem', though none of them bore Y/N's name. 

She sat on one of the crates and pulled her legs up to sit cross-legged. Her attention was focused on a large scarlet book that she had found, and feeling daring, she pulled back the cover, curious as to what the book might say. 

The first page bore the coat of arms of the Artem Family. A sword and an arrow made an 'x' on the page, underneath what looked like a dragon and phoenix forming a heart. And finally, ivy wrapped around in the shape of a shield. Y/N gently caressed the golden phoenix, smiling at the smooth feeling of the ink beneath her fingers.

The next few pages held what looked like diary entries, but none of these were particularly interesting to Y/N. Her attention was grabbed by the family tree about five pages into the book. Sure enough, on the lowest rung of names, was her name Y/N Artem. But she frowned when she saw that there were two names next to hers. Not her siblings. More like they were... cousins. But there were small crosses next to the name. 

"Sutara Artem," Y/N whispered, tracing the name, "and Aries Artem..." 

Above Y/N's name were four names, written in elegant golden lettering. It seemed that they were the daughters of the woman listed above. Queen Rema of Callisto. There was a line leading from her to the four below with the note "Missing documentation of several generations". 

"Queen Astra of Luneza, Queen Cassiopeia, Luna, and Nyra..." Y/N couldn't help but smile at the mention of her family. 

But the mention of another kingdom confused Y/N and she followed the small note written beneath Astra's name. 

'For more information on the Kingdom of Luneza, turn to page three hundred and fourteen.' 

Y/N did as instructed and started reading what was written.

'Callisto was not the only ancient kingdom to exist before modern documentation. Few records of the other kingdoms still exist, and all are found within the Royal Library of Callisto, only able to be accessed by the royal family themselves and a few trusted librarians. 

Callisto was the highest ranking of the five kingdoms. It governed the world and the kings and queens of the five nations reported to Queen Rema of Callisto. The Kingdom of Mirafern was to the west, the Kingdom of Terran to the south, the Kingdom of Ignio to the east, the Kingdom of Luneza in the centre, and the Kingdom of Callisto to the North, far beyond the reaches of the other four kingdoms. 

Little is known of the other kingdoms. The royal family of Callisto keep their neighbours a secret from their citizens, knowing that conflict might ensue if others were aware of where to properly locate the other kingdoms. But the people of Callisto know this much. The Kingdom of Mirafern governs the waters and trades in all aquatic goods. The Kingdom of Terran is connected deeply to the earth itself and forge things from stone and minerals, providing elegant wares for the other four kingdoms. The Kingdom of Ignio is the kingdom of merchants and wares, and the Kingdom of Luneza is the kingdom of knowledge. This is all that I have been permitted to record during my brief interview with the current Princess of Callisto. Though she seems young, she speaks with the wisdom of her ancestor, Queen Rema.

Sadly, though we have tried to discover these other lands to make connections, we were soon informed that the kingdoms had fallen. Whether they fell due to an unknown and unseen enemy or to some other unnatural circumstance, we do not know, but we know that when the Kingdom of Luneza fell, they took our dear Queen Astra with it. 

There is much more that I wish to say, but I am not permitted to, and should I disclose any information that I am not worthy of speaking, the princess' enchantment may find me and prevent me from speaking about anything more ever again. For those who wish to learn more, travel to the Kingdom of Callisto and read the many volumes in the restricted section of the royal library. Should you be granted access to their vast expanse of knowledge, I have no doubt that you shall find every shred of information that you seek. 

For those who do not know how to find Callisto, I shall write it in the form of a riddle dictated to me by the princess. Though they are wise and kind, and just, the royal family is reserved and secretive, wanting to preserve the way of life that we have held dear for so many centuries and ages long past.

Seek that which is older than the rivers that stream down the mountain. Find the second star to the right and follow it through the morning. Find where the North wind meets the sea, and in her waters, deep and true, lies a path for you.'

Y/N sighed and turned back to the family tree, tracing her aunt's name. There was a cross drawn next to her name, just like her son, Aries. There was a cross drawn next to the names of everyone else on the family tree, save two. Y/N had failed to notice it before, but a dotted like connected her name with another. Lemar. 

Thankfully, there was a footnote. 'Princess Y/N was promised to the son of a noble named Lemar, but after concerning accusations against his brother arose, it is unclear as to whether or not the Princess will indeed marry Lemar.'

Y/N balanced and yet, she felt her neck heat up as if someone had lit a fire behind it. It was so strange to think of being engaged to someone, especially when she still felt as though she had her whole life yet to live. She didn't look any older than twenty in the last vision that she had seen. 

Y/N shut the book and set it down, turning her attention back to the box that had started this strange snooping of the junk room. Her thumb gently traced the lock and just as Y/N was about to try and open it with some magic, the door swung open.

"Well, well, well, I was wondering where the little herbivore had run off to." 

"Leona," Y/N yelped, nearly throwing the box into the air when she saw the man outlined in the light of the hallway. She bit her lip and turned to look at the box in her hands. "I'm sorry for snooping around..."

Leona said nothing and walked into the room, shutting the door behind him and walking to the faintly glowing light. He sat down next to Y/N, gently taking the box from her hands. He noticed the other Callisto artefacts scattered around the room and sighed.

"How long have you been in here?"

Y/N shrugged. "Since you guys went to practice..."

"So a good hour then, if not more," Leona snorted. "Seems like you were quite productive, herbivore."

Y/N bit her lip again and glanced away from the lion sitting next to her. Suddenly she turned and gripped Leona's arm. "Why does Savanaclaw have so many things with my family name on them? How did it get-"

"They're mine."

Y/N frowned. "What do you mean?"

Leona shifted to turn toward Y/N a bit more. "How much do you remember about your past, Y/N?" It felt like the first time that he had said her name and Y/N felt a shiver run down her spine. 

"Not much."

"Well then," Leona said with a smirk. "I suppose I should tell you the whole story then, at least what I can recall from it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 97 16
You were in your room, just relaxing until your mirror starts to glow. All of a sudden, you wake up to find yourself in a completely unfamiliar plac...
68.5K 2.4K 9
Things were going Very well for Orientation. There was only one last Coffin to be open. However when Opened there was no one inside. Until a small Cr...
10.5K 447 6
Famed Singer Yuu had been singing for most of their life. they had always loved singing even as a child. Wanting everyone to Experience that Magical...
39.4K 1.7K 34
[Riddle Rosehearts x fem! reader] Y/N Pinka, the younger twin sister of Alchemi Alchemivich Pinka, born with the same disappearing powers, and the sa...