To You āžŸ KTH

By TAEndHONEY

Seolli's a quiet classmate Kim Taehyung always noticed but never had the courage to approach. Fate leads them... More

ļ½”ļ½„:*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ
Eyes
Name
Center
One Drink
For you
Bloom
Friend
In your care
Melody
Exchange
Soccer
Not close
Dream
Partners
Experiences
Red
Instagram
Crochet
Mart
Family
Eavesdrop
Away
Nightside
[SPECIAL] Nightglow
Motorcycle Stranger
Sick
Miss me?
Hands
Weak
Glue
Protective
Love Lore
Meet Again
Cherry Blossom
Disco Pang Pang
You and I
Love
Pepero game
The plan
Train Express
Illa Illa
Crushes
šŸŒø Boy Talk
Catch
Involvement Fair
The invitation
The room
Second
Answer
Pink
Baking
Cupcake
Equal
Changes
Birthday Kiss
True
Museum
Dangerous
Harmless
Best wishes
Hope

The promise

992 105 60
By TAEndHONEY

April 16
Friday
Year 1

I nervously clutch my bag as I walk toward the other side of the neighborhood. 

This is the first time in a while that I've been invited to someone's house. 

Matching the house number to the one in the text, I step up toward the door and press the doorbell. A dog barks and I jump back a little. I hope I didn't startle it too much.

The house is lively. The music playing inside can be heard from where I'm standing, vibrations of the bass almost shaking the window. 

The door opens, and I'm greeted by a girl. His sister?

"U-um..." I clear my throat.

 "Seolllliiiii~" I hear from behind her. 

The girl looks over her shoulder. "Of couuuurrrseee. You're here for Jimin."

Jimin's laugh stutters and he looks at her as if to say And?

I hold back a smile. His dog uses the opportunity to wedge itself between his sister's legs to break free.

"Oh," I chase after it with arms stretched out. The dog is too fast and every time I bend over to catch it, it dodges me. 

"Susu!" Jimin yells with a whistle before jumping in front and catching her in his arms. 

I bump into them and apologize. Jimin laughs.

Leading the way back into his house, he does a little spin while giving me a smile. "By the way, I didn't think you'd come over."

I take off my shoes while he closes the door behind us. "S-should-"

Jimin shakes his hand. "No, not like you aren't welcome. I just thought it would take more and even Taehyung for you to come over."

He drops Susu down and she makes her way over to me. 

She jumps up my leg, causing my dress to lift. I blush and try to hold it down while avoiding her.

"Sorry," I whisper. "I haven't been around a dog."

Jimin raises his eyebrows and looks at me. "Wait- but- really?"

I nod and he continues to look at me, perplexed.

His face suddenly lights up. "Ah...Let's head up. It's too loud down here. Jiyeon!!"

She responds by playing the music louder. 

He inhales deeply with closed eyes. "I swear..."

I giggle softly and follow him up the stairs. 

I can't help but look around as we go up, marveled by how the staircase wrapped around, and how tall the ceilings were. Really, I'm amazed that I'm in Jimin's house. He had texted me after my last class, wanting to talk more about the festival and concert. So I was happy to come over.

He opens his door and lets me walk in first. 

"Don't worry, I'll leave it open." 

"T-thanks, but I don't mind..."

He puts a hand over his heart. "You trust me that much?"

I nod and he laughs. "I'm kidding. Does Taehyung close the door to his room with you in it?"

"Taehyung...?" 

I've never been in his house before.

Jimin politely points for me to sit on one of the loungers he has on the floor, by his table.

I thank him and kneel down.

He walks over to open the blinds more before sitting down next to me.

"I thought you've been to his house."

I shake my head.

Jimin nods slowly. "We haven't either. But that's okay. It's whatever."

I pick on my dress, feeling this strange feeling. It's like when Jiyoo was sad in the bathroom. Are Taehyung's friends longing to be closer to him?

"He's nice, isn't he?" He asks me abruptly. 

I nod with a blush. "Really really nice. I'm so thankful."

"But-" Jimin interrupts, leaning in closer. "Not innocent, so don't ever be alone in a room with him."

My eyes go cross eyed as he leans in closer. "H-hmm?"

Jimin chuckles. "Cute. Did you know that I once caught him with another..."

I stare at him, intrigued. 

He rubs his finger across his lips. "Nothing. Seolli, have you ever had a boyfriend?"

I hiccup.

He smirks before standing up. "I'll get you water. Sorry for surprising you."

I follow him with my eyes as he leaves the room. When he's gone, I lean back on the lounger and try to take deep breaths. 

I'm not dense. I know that Jimin's asking me because he likes to tease his friends. Who better to tease than me? 

Placing the back of my hands on my cheeks, I try to cool them down. 

"Here you go." Jimin returns with a cup for him and me, holding both in one hand while the other has a small pitcher.

I help him while thanking him. 

When he returns to his seat, he apologizes. "I overstepped."

"N-no. I know you're curious because I'm close to Taehyung, but... really, Taehyung's a precious friend of mine. For a long time, I had no one to reach out to. And so when he started talking to me, I was happy. I wouldn't want to change anything."

I'm clutching onto my cup of water for dear life. Admitting this is a bit embarrassing, but I mean every word.

Jimin hugs a knee and nods. "I'm glad."

When I look over at him, he brushes his hair back. I hadn't realized how different he looked until now. Usually he styles his hair, but right now he's let it free so it frames his face.

"Friends like you are good to have. I can see why Taehyung sticks close to you..."

I raise an eyebrow.

"I dunno how to describe it, but talking to you is different than talking to other people. I feel like I can tell you something and you won't judge me."

I nod. I won't judge!

"So let me tell you something." Jimin crosses his legs and leans in. "I was worried about you and Taehyung getting so close... because there's someone I know that's in love with him."

My eyes widen. Someone he knows? 

"Am I in the way...?" I whisper, feeling my heart race.

Jimin smiles and shakes his head. "No. But the truth is, I kind of hoped you were...because I like this person... a lot."

I gulp. Someone he likes...likes Taehyung and not him.

"I know deep down that it still wouldn't change anything. It's not like she's suddenly going to look my way. Would the right thing be for me to cheer her on instead?"

We sit quietly.

Jimin scratches his head. "If they were to start dating. I think it would change the friend group. It could even change the way Taehyung is with you."

I set down my cup of water and hold my hands nervously. "But he doesn't owe me anything..." I whisper. A friend doesn't owe you anything. I know that all too well.

Jimin lifts his head up to look at me. 

"I would want him to be the happiest. I think I would be sad only if I didn't understand why he pulled away. But if I know he's happy and busy with someone that makes him happy, I can learn to be happy as well."

Being possessive of a friend...can only suffocate them. It's like holding a flower too tightly in your palm. 

Jimin hums. "Easier said than done... but you're right. Besides, we don't even know what's really going to happen. It's been years and nothing's happened. But things feel different lately. Like something might happen."

"And you're scared..." I accidentally blurt out.

He tilts his head. "Aren't you?"

I bite on my lip before nodding. "I'd be happy, but of course I'm scared."

I'm scared of going back to the place I was in.

He stretches his hand out. I look at it curiously before stretching my own out to place into his.

"We're friends now. So let's promise each other that when we're scared, we'll count on each other."

I smile warmly.

"I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...