UNKNOWN | D.M (UNRAVEL BOOK 4)

Por ixfixite_

*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNTOLD) UNRAVEL book 4: When darkness envelopes Aine Estoileon's eyes, she sees throug... Mais

[ 01 ]
[ 02 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
[ 08 ]
[ 09 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 22 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]
[ 31 ]
[ 32 ]
[ 33 ]
[ 34 ]
[ 35 ]
[ 36 ]
[ 37 ]
[ 38 ]
[ 39 ]
[ 40 ]
[ 41 ]
[ 42 ]
[ 43 ]
[ 44 ]
[ 45 ]
[ 46 ]
[ 47 ]
[ 48 ]

[ 28 ]

24 2 0
Por ixfixite_

"Working hard is important, but there's something that matters even more: Believing in yourself!" Harry reminded, walking around his peers practising defensive spells that they were taught, adjusting the way they held their stance to how they grip on their wands. It was the last meeting with the members of Dumbledore's Army before the term break arrives. Everyone was giving their best in training for the last time of the year before scattering to enjoy the remaining days of the year.

"Expelliarmus!"

"Levicorpus!"

Winter was passing through December and the holidays were arriving soon, the once empty Room of Requirement had been decorated with a large Christmas Tree and several sparkly glass bauble ornaments and glittery ribbons on it. Rows of garlands of acorns and icicles spread above the mirrors and even the chandeliers were raining down snowflakes. The cold blue room was looking a lot warmer and cosier compared to the other days, brightening the space and spreading the Christmas spirits to the students.

Christmas at Hogwarts was always a sight to see and was utterly beautiful even in the most remote room of the school. Even so, the students in the room did not let the festive moods break their concentration on learning. It was the last time most of them would be seeing each other train and let alone practise before the three-week break came.

Harry sent Aine a nod as she went around those that the boy had passed, further assisting them to practise and perfect their moves. The training room was filled with enthusiastic shouts, spells being cast everywhere the girl had gone. And to see how much her friends and peers had come since the first time they met in the lonely pub in Hogsmeade, she couldn't be prouder.

"Think of it this way. Every great wizard in history has started out as nothing more than what we are now: students. If they can do it..." Aine stated, her lips curling up brightly as she gaze upon her friends who had been making great progress. She met with Hermione's smile and Ron's hopeful grin when he had managed to disarm his older brother's wand, expecting compliments from Hermione who had witnessed his improvements. 

The girl whirled around, her eyes scanning at every single one of her schoolmates before meeting Harry's when he had nudged her beside her. She mirrored his smirk and they said in unison, "Why not us?" 

Students were safely being levitated off the grounds and disarmed left and right and before long, time was passing quicker when they were all occupied.

"Got it! Thanks, Estoileon!" Lee Jordan beams when Aine came to him, restructuring the way he attempts to disarm his opponent. She lifted his arm slightly before he tried again, this time, the spell had worked out successfully and he had managed to make Angelina lose her wand. The girl's wand had flown out of her grasp and she grins at Lee.

"Well done!" Angelina exclaims, clapping in awe. 

"Stupefy!"

"Expelliarmus."

"Expel... Liarmus!"

"REDUCTO!" All heads suddenly whipped to the girl's strong voice, their mouths gawking at the sight of the Deatheater Dummy being completely obliterated into dust. Confidence was oozing out from Ginny that she too had been astounded by her spells, not expecting it to come off as robust as she had thought. Even her older brothers were all too stunned to do anything but clap in amazement, not sure whether to feel scared of their little sister or proud.

Michael, Ginny's boyfriend had even flinched at the sight of the dusted dummy. He gulps, staggering back a few steps. He made a mental note never to cross paths with his girlfriend, knowing how powerful she was. 

"That's amazing, Gin!" Aine clasps her hand, sharing the same joy her best friend was feeling. There was no doubt that Ginny was a gifted witch, if not one of the most powerful witches Aine has ever met.

Ginny blushed, looking shyly to her feet. "Thanks, Ai..." she softly mutters. Though she was once confident, she wasn't one to take compliments well. She then looks up, peeping through her crowding friends and catching a glimpse of Harry's small smile through the cracks. She smiled back happily, not realizing how red her cheeks were becoming.

However, it wasn't just Ginny who had surprised everyone. The next moment of miracle came not long later when Neville waves his wand, shocking everyone that they had all become silent.

"...Expelliarmus

Parvati's wand had flown right into his grasp as he swishes his wrist, casting the disarming spell on one of the Patil's twins. It took a couple of seconds before it hit Neville that he had finally managed to disarm his opponent properly, after many sessions in attempting to disarm successfully. Confusion was still plastered all over his face and his brows had knitted together, unable to comprehend what had just happened. 

"Fantastic, Neville!" Harry complimented, rushing to his friend's side.

"Well done, man!" Ron added, heavily patting Neville's back. He too was equally delighted for his friend.

A shallow gasp escaped from Neville's lips, he blinks once and then twice before he realizes what had happened. The wave of relief made him let out a small grin as his friends congratulated him with applause and pats on his back. Some even ruffled his hair before a big smile appeared on his face. He had finally done it right!

Aine joined the girls in cheering for the bashful boy, she couldn't be more elated to see Neville finally accepting that he wasn't weak, that he too was gifted like the rest of them. Neville Longbottom had gained a tiny ounce of confidence within him, growing stronger and in time, she hopes that he could have more faith in himself.

Soon, the night had drawn to a close and it was time for the session to end. Aine, Harry, Hermione and Ron went to the front of the group, overjoyed by the successful last training before the holidays. "So... that's it for this lesson. Now, we're not going to be meeting again until after the holidays. So, just keep practising on your own as best you can!" Harry announced, well pleased with everyone's never-ending dedication to work hard that it had bore fruits of labour.

There was a mixed reaction from the crowd, some thrilled that their hard work was finally paying off and that the holidays were coming while the others had bitter frowns on their faces, disappointed that they wouldn't be seeing one another soon nor will be training any time soon. They had grown to enjoy learning and practising defensive spells after all. Noting the sheer downcast faces, Hermione took a step forward.

"There's no need to be upset, we'll meet again after the holidays!" the brunette said positively. 

"And well done, everyone. Great— great work! Do enjoy your holidays and have a good rest before the term resumes!" Aine chimes in. 

The room erupted with more cheers and applause, clapping for one another and mostly the group of 'instructors' standing before them. They wouldn't have been able to learn and grow without them after all. 

"WOOHOO~!" The Weasley twins, Lee and Angelina yell together, whistling loudly while the other students clamour with excitement and admiration.

"Well done, mates!" Ron praises in the end, hugging both Harry and Aine from behind before Hermione joins them and they all engulf each other in tight hugs, patting one another's backs; feeling a sense of accomplishment together.

"Thanks, mate." 

"Thanks, Ronald."

One by one, everyone began to leave the Room of Requirement but not before exchanging greetings, thank-yous and goodbyes. Aine exchanged glances with Hermione and Ron as they watched their friend stare at a certain Ravenclaw girl. Her brows raised slightly as she pursed her lips to her friends, signalling their departure so that Harry could have a word with Cho Chang.

Hermione's lips twitched as she saw the smile creeping onto Harry's face at the sight of Cho before whispering to Ron and Aine. "Let's go, shall we?"

The two nodded, slowly backing away to grab their bags and meet with the other students who bade them farewells and appreciations.

"Thanks a lot!"

"Thanks, Harry! Thanks, Aine!"

"Merry Christmas, you lot!"

"Merry Christmas!"

"Happy Christmas, Harry, Aine~"

"Happy Christmas, Luna!"

Aine shot one last worried glance behind as Harry approaches Cho, she had heard rumours of Umbridge giving Cho a hard time when the girl had detention with the professor. The pink lady even went as far as threatening to sack Cho's mother from the ministry during one of the questioning sessions they had all went. Aine couldn't help but feel a little pity for the girl, especially knowing that Cho had lost Cedric a year ago.

Her heart sank and ached a little when she spotted the Ravenclaw girl pausing at the mirror to look at Cedric's moving picture that was pasted on. Her eyes softened and a sad smile etched onto her face when the camera flashed in front of the boy who was brightly grinning from ear to ear. Aine could only imagine how much Cho was suffering and how heartbroken and devastated she still was.

To lose someone that she loved...

Aine could barely imagine the pain and she never wanted to experience that. Ever.

Her thoughts merely came to an abrupt stop when someone tapped on her shoulder. Ginny gave her a questioning look, "Aren't you coming?" she asks her friend who quickly shook the thoughts away. 

"Yeah, comin'," Aine replies, mustering a smile despite her drooping shoulders. She tore her sight away from the Hufflepuff's boy moving picture before sending Harry a smile, encouraging him to go talk to Cho. She then proceeded out of the training room with her friends. 

"See you in the Common Room, Harry," Hermione told the boy before jogging up with Aine and Ginny. 

The large filigree door closes behind Aine as she stepped out of the Room of Requirement. She immediately met a pair of silver eyes emerging from one of the pillars in the corridor. The smile on the boy's face in front of her had melted away all of her worries and negative thoughts and it felt almost all of the sudden, that everything was alright. 

Ginny and Hermione smirked at each other and Ron almost instantly rolls his eyes, ignoring the Malfoy boy who had been waiting for Aine. He shot the Slytherin boy one short glare before running to follow Dean and Seamus back to the Gryffindor common room.

"See you in the Common Room, honey~" Ginny teases behind her, giving her a light shove alongside Hermione to Draco. She gave them a wink before wiggling her eyebrows.

"You seriously have to stop doing that!" Aine complains, shooting the red-headed girl a deadpanned look. 

Hermione giggles at the younger girl, her face was completely flushed with embarrassment. "Not too late, alright?" she reminded Aine.

"Yes, mother," chuckles Aine, eyeing Draco who gave a polite nod to Hermione.

"Come back soon!" Ginny waves to them both and Aine rolls her eyes playfully at her best friend.

"Sure thing, sweetie!" she answers back, playing along with her friend. She watches the group of students slowly disappear away before her golden eyes turn to Draco who she had found her reflection.

The boy smiles at her, just the mere sight of Aine lifted his spirits. "How long have you been waiting outside?" she asks him, concerned that he might have been bored or tired or even cold, knowing that Draco had done a couple of rounds around the school earlier, inspecting and performing his prefect and 'Inquisitorial Squad' duties.

"Not long, I just wanted to come by to make sure no other students saw you guys coming out from an imaginary room," he shrugs away coolly and Aine hums.

"Really?"

"Yeah, and I wanted to see you too," Draco added smoothly, smirking at her.

The girl chuckles, hiding how much she liked it. Though it was pretty evident on her face despite playing it off. One that Draco saw right through. "Well, I hope I didn't keep you waiting, M'lord."

Draco wraps his arms around Aine's petite frame, surprising the girl slightly. It was still difficult to fathom that they were together. However, Aine didn't reject it. She embraced him in return and they swayed side to side, enjoying each other's presence. "Of course not, love. I'll wait for you anytime," Draco mutters to her softly. His mellow voice tickled Aine's ears as she crinkled her nose, feeling butterflies in her stomach again. 

"My, my, Draco. You really have a way of words," Aine snickers and he chuckles.

"Did I make your heart skip?" he asks, noticing the redness of Aine's cheeks when he peeks at her face.

"Of course not," the girl says without hesitation, her response tugging on his heartstrings. Her heart was saying otherwise.

"Liar," Draco whispers to her.

There were goosebumps on Aine's arms after hearing Draco's words, but she wasn't cold or anything. She gulps, praying hard that her heart would stop pounding so damn loudly. She heard a chuckle and she stops swaying around with the boy. "What's so funny?" she questions.

"Your heart is beating really loudly, my love," Draco remarked and Aine's eyes went wide. She cursed into her mind, taking a deep breath in hopes she can control her heart. Yet, just like how quickly her heart was beating, she could feel Draco's heart throbbing fast and loud too.

"Yours is too," she replies back, trying to tease him for it. He pulls away and studies her face.

"That's 'cause it's beating for you," he tells her with a teasing tone. 

Aine scrunched her face up, feeling every nerve cringing in her body. She nearly gagged. It was too corny for her liking and she knew Draco was saying it to make fun of her. "For Godric's sake! Draco!" she exclaimed, nudging his shoulders as he burst out laughing.

"What?" he shot back innocently as if he hadn't said anything cheesy.

The girl gasped at him, unable to believe the audacity of her boyfriend. She took a step back, laughing along with him as he took one step forward toward her. "Don't you say that again!"

"Why not?" Draco asks, enjoying Aine's disbelief. When she continued laughing, his heart skipped a beat at her beautiful smile. He was so in love with her.

"I can't believe you're asking that!" 

"Do you want me to say it again? You know, for good measure?"

"Wh— What?! No! Oh, no. Please don't, love," she pleaded, she couldn't stand anything cheesier.

"That's 'cause it's beating for y—" Aine quickly clamps Draco's lips with her hand, preventing him from finishing his statement. He narrow his eyes at her playfully, repeating his words again and again even though his words were completely muffled. She scoffs at him, not knowing what to do and not wanting to hear those cheesy pick-up lines again, she decided to run away.

But with every step Aine took away from Draco, he only grew closer to her. Reminding her that he was always there for her and that his heart was truly beating for her. Little did Aine know, hers was beating and longing for him as well. At that moment, all Aine knew was that for as long as she was by Draco's side, no matter what anxieties she had felt, it all seemed to go away. Whenever she was with him, her worries didn't matter as much. So, she clung on... Holding onto the thing that made her happy, no matter how selfish as it may seem.

However, just as how there were moments the girl wishes to last forever, the harsh reality had to once again snap her from her sweetest dreams. Reminding her of the approaching conflict that she had longed to forget, or at least tried to...

That night, a door that should not have been opened had opened. The darkness that had been hidden and sealed away was once more, creeping into the tempting light.

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

So close to the holidays in this book! That being said, we will be taking a couple of breaks before the Patronus class (hint hint!). I'm actually pretty excited to be writing the next couple of chapters because as you all know, Harry will be trained by Snape to control his mind and I cannot wait to write that part because I have some ideas about how to write that. I really hope when it gets revealed and published, you guys will enjoy reading that!

On a side note, I've finally watched House of the Dragons! Really excited to start that again, considering how abrupt Game of Thrones ended. Have any of you watched HotD yet? Who are your favourite characters? Mine certainly was Daemon, although he may seem like a huge ass sometimes, I just like how morally grey his character was and seeing the way he changes sides occasionally. 

Do drop some comments if you like and upvote~ Thank you for reading and see you in the next chapter~ ^^

- Zeneria

Continuar a ler

TambΓ©m vai Gostar

3.4K 154 25
*Completed* Aine Estoileon was just an ordinary girl living over the hills of the outskirts of England, Devon. She grew up believing she was normal a...
1.1K 84 34
*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNVEIL) UNRAVEL book 3: Now, as things have started to change, the challenges Aine had faced in her second year at Hogwarts we...
8.8K 806 20
BOOK 3 OF THE GIRL WHO SAW TOMORROW - Make sure you have read the first two. ❝No one, no matter how great, can know of their own Destiny...❞ As the w...
3.9K 114 35
β‰ͺ ☽ ≫ ──── β‰ͺβ€’ ✾ ‒≫ ──── β‰ͺ ☾ ≫ PJOxHP "Who are you supposed to turn to when the only one who can stop the tears is the one who made you cry in the fir...