Shades of Chase (English Vers...

Od Warranj

A pair of caramel eyes, a sharp and pointed noise, a strong and defined jaw, and carnation pink lips-those we... Více

Disclaimer
Shades of Chase
Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 5

9.4K 458 158
Od Warranj

Chapter 5

"Why are you spacing out, Aunt Tanya? Did something happen while you're away?"

From looking at one of Chase's painting which is scattered all over my room, I averted my eyes to Azriel. I have been spacing out ever since I came back home from our meeting. His innocent eyes were staring at me like he badly need to hear my answer.

Then, I remember looking at the same set of eyes earlier. Only difference is that his set of almond eyes hold a different emotion than of this kid. His eyes hold darkness and sarcasm instead.

"It's nothing, Reil. I'm just a bit tired."

I don't want to tell him about my encounter with Chase. I know that he will be able to grasp the situation knowing how smart he is, but I'd rather keep him out of it. He's too young to dwell on things such as soulmates.

He nodded. "Why are you staring at the man in your dreams, po?"

He's not the man in my dreams anymore, Reil. He's truly existing.

"I don't think I have a choice, Reil. His face are scattered around my room." I said with a smile.

He giggled too. I can't help to noticed how his cheeks reddened at that gesture. I'm sure he got that from his parents, especially his father who has a foreign blood.

Speaking of his parents, I haven't received any call from them. It's nearly a week from when I found him at the shore but I have not received any message or call which would clinch myself from believing that they are looking for him. If they come back to the spot where they left him, they would probably see the message I wrote there.

But there is none. It's just a relief that he does not asked about it yet. I don't want to see his disappointed face whenever he hears something unpleasant coming from me.

"That's your fault. You filled your room with that man's portrait. Good thing he's handsome. I won't feel afraid looking around." he giggled even more.

Even I laughed at his remark. He's right though. If it's even a consolation. Good thing Chase is a very handsome man that even if I'm surrounded by his face I'm not bothered at all. I even think that he has a foreign blood.

Apart from his caramel orbs that really stands out, his features are also vicious like that, of a Spanish descent, and a slight brown hair color. His height was like those international models I've seen in the internet.

☽☾

"Did you talk to the man in your dreams.'c Tanya? I saw he followed you after you left our stall." Mom asked curiously after we are finished washing the dishes.

Azriel is in the living room watching TV. I asked him to stay there right after dinner.

"We talked, Mama. I told him the truth. Everything. How we met and the paintings. That I'm just seeing him in my dreams. He doesn't seem convinced at first but he doesn't have any choice but to believe me."

"He seems like a decent guy, not to mention good-looking. Maybe he is really your soulm—"

"Mama..." I said frowning. I glanced at her from my shoulder while I finish washing my hands.

She smiled at me. "Call it advance thinking. I just can't help to notice how he looked at you earlier. He can't get his eyes of you, like you will vanish if he even blinked."

I anchored my eyes at her from washing the dishes.

"I don't see anything wrong with that though, it seems normal to me. I would probably do the same if I'm in his shoes."

"Maybe. So what have you agreed on?"

"He wanted to buy the painting, Mama. I told him that I'm willing to give it to him for free—"

"What? He's willing to pay for it but you rejected the money? Why don't you make use of your talent so we could earn from it as well? Just don't give an exact price for the painting, accept whatever amount he can offer. We can also use that money if we would end up having Azriel in our care."

I did not answer. Mama has a point after all. We don't make that much money in selling in the market. Regardless of how much Chase pays me, that will be a great help to our expenses, more so because of Azriel's presence.

After washing the dishes, I took Reil to the bedroom and prepare him to sleep. I was in bed when my cellphone rang. It's an incoming call from Michelle. She might be upset that I didn't say good-bye to her and left the art exhibition.

I gathered a deep breath and glanced at Reil. His eyes were already close even though I know that he's not sleeping yet. I stood up, reached for my phone and answer her call.

"Hello..." I said.

"Tanya! What happened? Where did you go after the art exhibition?"

I bit my lower lip, feeling ashamed of leaving the place without even saying goodbye. She might think that I don't feel grateful that she let me and my masterpiece be part of her exhibition but it's never going to be the case.

"Sorry, Michelle. S-Something came up."

I heard her sigh over the line. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm really sorry."

"No, it's alright. I'm just worried to you. Thought something bad happened. Anyway, your painting... I think I already know who that man is."

I swallowed, my saliva suddenly feels thick. I think I know where this conversation is heading.

"Chase Saavedra, Tanya. He approached me earlier to ask me who owns that painting. That's why he seems familiar. He's the man in your dreams, right? I mean, literally speaking... it's Chase?"

"Yeah. Pretty much. You're right, Michelle."

"And you said that you don't know him—"

"That's true. I really do not have any idea of him until a while ago. He just so happen to show up in my dreams, every time. Imagine my shock when I saw him in person... alive, and... real... I was dumbfounded."

Michelle was silent over the line for the past seconds until she finally decided to break it.

"Wow. I, uh... I can't believe that really happens in reality. But anyhow, he asked me about you. I told him where you live and I'm sorry about that. I know it's not my right to tell about your private details."

I nodded and scratched my brows with a small smile on my lips.

"That's fine."

As if I have a choice. It's done.

"And I also gave him your number. He also asked for it because he wanted to talk to you about the painting. I hope it's okay, Tanya."

I released a deep sigh. I don't understand why she had to give him even my personal number? And why would Chase asked for it in the first place? If it's about the painting, I believe we have come to an agreement already about that earlier. I even told him that I'll give it to him for free.

Oh, yeah right. I changed my mind about that. I'll accept whatever amount he will give me in exchange of that painting because we will be using it for Reil, so we could support him and his needs.

"No worries at all. T-Thanks again, Michelle."

"I'm sorry if I invaded your privacy. To make it up with you, I want to invite you over coffee tomorrow afternoon? I hope you could come."

I grimaced. "I'm not sure. I still have to help Mama in the market—"

"After your work then. I can wait!" she giggled.

Honestly, I'm just really making up excuses for her, and it's really not my mom I'm worried but Azriel. No one would look after him and I cannot just drag him with me wherever I go. But then again, since Michelle said that she would wait for me until my mom finished from the market, then I might be able to drop by.

"My treat, Tanya. It's my way of thanking you for participating my art exhibition." she added in the middle of my silence.

I sighed under my breath. "Alright. Just inform me where we'll meet."

"Great!"

The next day when afternoon came, I told my mom that I will be leaving earlier as she is almost done anyway. She agreed and said that she would take care of Reil. Good thing the coffee shop Michelle told me was just near so I can always take off if necessary.

After minutes of traveling, I was already entering the glass door of the shop. The wind chimes made a clinking sound as the aromatic smell of coffee lingered in my nose. I saw Michelle sitting at one corner, waving at me. I waved back and smiled at her, too.

She immediately stood up and kissed me on the cheek. Her vanilla scent perfume smells like marshmallow. I somehow got conscious about my smell, I did not even bother putting any cologne. I showered so I don't think I stink but probably not as good as she smells.

"I'm sorry I took a while..." I said while sitting down.

"No, it's fine. I'm just really a little early. Anyhow, thank you for accepting my invitation."

"It's nothing. Why would I reject your invitation? We were schoolmates then and I've known you for too long."

My smile disappeared. I looked down slightly embarrassed at myself. Sometimes I can't help feeling sad at the fact that I wasn't able to finish my studies. It's really my insecurity.

"Don't be sad, Tanya. You can still continue your study anytime. There is no age limit on education, especially those who really wants to achieve their dreams."

I looked at her with determination. "I will continue my studies. I just need to strive harder and save for my fees."

She nodded her head and smiled. "Ready to order? Don't be shy. You can order anything you want."

I nodded once before she finally handed me the menu. Even if we are close before, I can't help but feel shy towards her. She's on the high level. She's an elite and belongs to a wealthy family. Unlike me. She's just really generous that I couldn't say no to her whims.

When I stopped studying, I lost my communication with her. Last I heard was she left to go abroad.

Before I could even tell her what I want, I noticed a familiar built of a man standing in front of me. When I looked at him, I saw it was Rich.

He looks surprised when he saw me. So am I. Then I remembered he's Michelle's boyfriend. It's just that I didn't think I would see him here. I thought it would be just Michelle and I.

"You're just in time, babe. We're just about to order our food. What do you want?" Michelle asked him.

Rich's eyes are still focused on me when Michelle asked him. I was the one who avoided his eyes first and just looked at the menu instead.

"Just black coffee..."

I cleared my throat and just picked one of the frappe in the list.

"I'll have one Dark Mocha please." I said before looking back on the menu.

I can feel an immense stare darted to me so I averted my direction to where it was only to find it was Rich. He's still looking at me while Mich is busy on her menu board.

"Just that? How about some pasta?" she asked.

"I'm good with that, thanks."

I tried to look somewhere, at the entrance of the coffee shop to be exact. I immediately sat straight when I saw Chase enter the store. He's looking straight ahead while hands inside the pocket of his black slacks.

Wait, why is he here? What is he doing here?

Silly. This is public place, Tanya.

Another man followed him, but he's not the same company he was with the other day. They're about to walk across us when Michelle's voice played in my ears.

"Chase!" she called out.

My heart raced when Chase and his friend both glanced at our way. I had to muster the strength to look away from him because I feel the familiar tension by his mere presence. I accidentally glanced at Rich and our eyes met. He raised his brow at my reaction. I just smiled at him.

"Come and join us!" she said. "Is it okay if I invited them, babe?"

"No worries," said Rich.

I had to swallow hard as my heart continues to beat wildly. Why does she even have to call him and asked to join us? She said it would be just the two of us but we ended up having coffee alongside with these men.

"Is it fine?" That familiar voice from Chase made my chest feel tight. I then felt goosebumps on my body.

"Of course. No problem! It's just the three of us anyway." Michelle said.

The only vacant seat was the one next to me, which leaves him no choice. So when I saw a hand hold the chair, I sighed.

"Would you mind me sitting beside you?"

I ascended my gaze to look at him for I know that I'm the one who he's asking that question. And as soon as our eyes locked with each other, my insides tremble.

I nodded. "I-It's fine..."

He pulled the chair and sat the beside me while the other man sat at the center. After Chase settled himself on the chair beside me, he slightly leaned over me that made me hold my breath for a while.

"Breathe, baby..." he whispered huskily on my ear that only the two of us can hear. "I'm not going to eat you."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

470 53 56
Mask on... No identity. "Who are you?" I asked after the enchanting dance we just had. "You'll never know" he said. It was a party where everyone wa...
119 3 38
Jack "So why here? You wolves are city people." She says. My heart stopped, that voice, I know that voice. I've been hearing it for the last two d...
13.7K 462 44
Her behaviour when in his presence was amusing; Her nervous babbling and obvious blushing Causing those around her to roll their eyes knowingly. His...
76.3K 1K 21
No one expected the two people who hated each other most to fall in love. After never ending arguments, fights, and unexpected events they slowly fel...