The Elf King, Gabriella:Rise...

By Sheeeri123

The familiar characters and some background information,are,of course, Tolkien.The new are my own creation,a... More

Chapter 1:Change Is Coming
Chapter 2-In The Arms Of An Angel
Chapter 3-A Dangerous Thing
Chapter 4-A Kings Wrath
Chapter 5-Leap of Faith
Chapter 6-The Kings Persuasion
Chapter 8-A Deadly Kiss
Chapter 9-As My King Commands
Chapter 10-The Dark Prince
Chapter 11-Confessions and Revelations
Chapter 12-Vanishing
Chapter 13-Black Mountain
Chapter 14-Vengance
Chapter 15-Visayas
Chapter 16-The One
Chapter 17-A King Only Bows To His Queen
Chapter 18-Darling Little One
Chapter 19-I Am Yours,You Are Mine
Chapter 20-Story Time
Chapter 21-Im The What???
Chapter 22-Ive Put A Spell On You
Chapter 23-The Son Of Ironfoot
Chapter 24-Dreams Realized
Book 2

Chapter7-Defiance

55 4 0
By Sheeeri123

Chapter 1
Saint or savior?What if the only difference is who's telling the story?-Unknown

Tauriel helped me dress for the dinner,after I dismissed the attendants.I wasn't really comfortable with them.Ive never really been one to wear dresses.

Another one was sent,even though I haven't had the chance to wear the first he had made for me.This one was a crushed velvet,in deep blue.

I wasn't really one for dresses,but Tauriel did a good job,fixing my hair with a flower garland,three thin braids on each side of my head, swooping to meet in the back.She dabbed some perfumed oil behind my ears,on my neck,and the pulse points of my wrists.

"Perfect."she said,standing back to look at me.

I felt my cheeks flush.

"I'm not sure why I have to meet this sorceress."

"She's more than that, Gabriella. Shes the head of the White Council.You should feel honored."

"I just feel...apprehensive."

"We'll have none of that.Just be yourself,smile,and address her as Lady Galadriel."

I was shown to the dining hall where the king waits,sitting at the head of this enormous redwood slab table,rising with a stunned expression upon seeing me.

How breathtaking she is.

Lady Galadriel is announced, Thranduil introduces them and Lady Galadriel takes my hand in hers,instantly having a vision. I feel like she's staring into my soul.

The expression on my face was neither a friendly,nor unfriendly greeting.Just a unspoken warning not to mess with me.

The fierce and wise Galadriel was almost taken aback by it,but instantly felt she knew this young lady,who seemed unaware she was Elfen.

Thranduil knows she sees something.

They are seated and served one spectacular course after another,while they discuss the joining of realm forces to eradicate the orcs,and then the odd new presence of a serpent (dragon).

Galadriel throws a hint,that the Dolderi clan were each presented a dragon at birth,that would go to the ends of the earth to seek out thier elf.

The exchanged look between them,then the kings slight smile to me,made me a little suspicious.

Are they still trying to convince themselves I'm elfen?

Thranduil is very impressed at the change in Gabriella, down to her perfect table manners.

Galadriel finally agreed to call for a white council meeting to unite the clans,after much debate,then told me we would meet again,and turned to the king.

"The truth can only be revealed to he who is ready to receive it."

Okay.She knows.That has to be what that was about!

I had struggled with my decision all night,concerning the kings offer,yet knowing I had to figure out how to return home.

I don't accept failure.

This theory that I arrived in a wormhole seems the only logical answer.

That needs an entrance and an exit. From what I remember reading,its possible, theoretically, to connect a black hole,a region of space where nothing can escape, to a white hole,one where nothing can enter. When they join together, they form a wormhole.

So you can jump into either end of this tunnel and instead of getting crushed, you just walk out the other side,unharmed.

Well,I didn't exactly WALK out.

Could they not only connect two separate regions within the universe, but also two different universes?And some scientists have speculated that if one mouth of a wormhole is moved in a specific manner, it could allow for time travel.

It dawned on me that I also read most wormholes only last for twenty-four hours, but there could be exceptions to this rule.

When a static wormhole collapses a new one with the same properties will spawn somewhere else, in the same system. That's what I'm hoping, anyway.When a non-static wormhole collapses it simply disappears forever.The thought
of that was - unacceptable.

But how can I utilize this
information in a world thats
just beginning to use
experiments and mathematics to
understand scientific mysteries?

In my heart I knew,as of now, I really had no choice.I could not make myself leave this king. Either saint or savior,demon or god,he was MY king.

I berated myself for even thinking like this.

This wasn't me!All my plans!What the dreams were showing me!

But he had creeped into a part of my soul,where no man had been before,and I just couldn't deny it any longer.

One look at him over this majestic table and it was clear.He was the one.So whatever aspect this union took,I would take it.

"Have you reached a decision, Gabriella?"he asked,breaking into my jumbled thoughts.

"Yes,but I need to discuss something with you first.",then I
looked awkwardly at the guards.

"Shall we take a stroll in the gardens?"

I nodded shyly.

What a contradiction you are,little one.

The king is completely thrown, and more than a little intrigued by this.

He comes to hold my chair as I rise,then offers his arm as we leave the guards.

Once out of their earshot,after collecting my thoughts,and building up the courage,I began.

"I've been keeping something from you,"I said softly,not daring to meet his gaze,"because I was afraid you couldn't,or perhaps wouldn't,understand."

"I am aware."

He leads me to a marble bench, gesturing for me to sit,then sits next to me.

I was quiet for a moment,trying to collect her thoughts.

How could I tell him this?

"You look quite lovely tonight."he said,hoping to ease my troubled mind,"-the gown I chose suits you
well."

My heart leapt.

If any other man dared assume he could choose my clothing?
Let's just say,that would not go well.

"Thank you."I said,eyes downcast,feeling a flush creeping into my cheeks.

This seemed to please him greatly.

I took a deep breath.

Just do it.He either accepts it,or he doesn't.And if he doesn't, you'll know where you stand.

"What I'm about to tell you may seem ... unbelievable-"

"How you have blossomed right before my eyes."he crooned, interrupting,taking my hand gently in his,causing that dizzy feeling to come back.

I begin to stumble over my words.

"I just - I need to tell you - the t-truth -"

Then Legolas comes rushing in,telling us the orcs were destroying Lake Town!

Both of us go into fight mode,but the intimate moment was not lost on Legolas.

As the guards,Thanduil,Legolas and I prepare for battle,I am informed by a guard that the king wants me to stay in the mountain instead.

I am beyond livid,so I find and question him,well,I guess I was a wee bit confrontational.

He quickly draws a sword under my chin.

"You are not ready,little one."he says with some trepidation,"-you will stay.I will here no more of it."
I stay silent a moment,and do a complete 180 on him,smiling sweetly.

"Your right,of course.As you wish,my king.I am yours to command."

I gave him a bow and take my leave.

You think I've relented???Think again!

Chapter 2
She is a Paradox.She is faithful,yet detached.She is committed,yet relaxed.She loves everyone,yet no one.She is sociable,yet also a loner.She is gentle,yet tough.She is passionate,yet also can be platonic.In short,she is predictable in her unpredictability.-Unknown

I had no intention of letting him go into battle without me.

Not ready???

I felt I have more than proven myself!

With very few guards left, sneaking out was easy enough to do.I would take one of Legolas's horses,follow at a safe distance.I was still madder than hell that he tried to make me stay!

Being in the guard was his idea!

You could see the burning town after crossing the first hill.

The king didn't discover I was there until deep in battle and,by the look on his face,was beside himself with worry and anger at me for defying him.

"I'll have your head for this, woman!"

I spear- threw my sword right next to his head,killing the Orc coming up behind him.

He is shocked speechless,as I smile,raising a eyebrow at him.

He pulls the sword from the orcs eye,hands it to me,and tells me to stay right with him.

"As you wish,my king."

We begin this devilish dance of destruction.We are quite the duo of death.

"Are you seeing this?"Legolas says to Tauriel.

"How can I not?"

"He forbade her from fighting."

"Yes.This will not end well."

Afterward the defeated Orcs retreat,and the irate king doesn't speak to me.Im kind of grateful for that,given the deadly look on his face.He simply snatches the reins from my hand,leading me behind him.

Yet I see how kind he can be, ordering the wounded be tended to,and taking the remaining villagers to the mountain,seeing that a temporary camp set up in the Woodlands where they are under his protection.

He stays scary silent to me,just barked orders.

When all was settled he had me brought to the throne room,then told the guards, "Leave us."

A concerned Legolas tried to protest,but Thranduil turned on him,seething in a dangerous low tone,
"LEAVE US."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

689 41 9
Once the darkness rises once more, a girl from the stars is bound to fall. Upon her arrival the One will be revealed and the light will slowly start...
4K 102 17
ARAGORN x OC | enemies to lovers | betrayal | revenge | slowburn | knife to throat | dragons | fae | elves | sirens | sea nymphs | blood witches | ru...
5.2K 175 15
In the wake of a dark and grimy cell of Mirkwood, you find yourself in a sticky situation. You are [Y/n], the last daughter of Izalith, the Witch of...
479K 25.8K 52
[A Wattpad FEATURED story!] She's been King Thranduil's close friend for a long time. But when a shocking rumor about his past comes to light, it sha...