The Bullies' Slave 1

By shirldee_

"I'll do it. I'll be your slave." I said to the four of them while glaring at Cecilia who was shaking her hea... More

THE BULLIES' SLAVE
1- FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING UNDERNEATH A BANANA TREE!
2- WHAT ON PLANET JUPITER GOES RIGHT ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL?!
3- SAM, MEET SAM.
4- GLUE!
5- BULLIES DON'T OFFER MUSIC,DO THEY?
6-I'M NEVER GOING TO UNDERSTAND EGOTISTICAL DUDES!
7- WALLS HAVE EARS? I'M GOING TO FREAKING PUNCH THAT NOSY WALL!
8- JERKS! I HOPE Y'ALL ROT IN YOUR MESS!
9- SHE'S LIKE AN ANGEL!
10- A SOCIAL PARIAH!
11- IT'S LIKE A KINDERGARTNER'S SCRIBBLE!
12-SECOND HOME?
13- HOW ABOUT YOU INVOLVE THE FBI?
14-MY NAME'S SHAYNE
15-WHO IS SHE?
16- EVERYTHING'S FINE!
17- AND YOU TOO, AMY.
18- WE'RE HUNGRY, MUMMY.
19(PART ONE)- YOU HURT MY FEELINGS.
19(PART TWO)- HEY SAMUEL!
20- HAVE YOU HEARD?
21-WHAT DOES HIS CORINESS SAY?
22- BRUNETTE BARBIE?!
23- SEEN GHOSTS ONLY DISAPPEAR
24- WE PREPARE FOR WORLD WAR THREE?
25- I PROMISE
26- HOW'S IT THAT YOU'RE ALIVE?
27- YOU KNOW NOTHING!
28- WHERE IS DREW?
29- WHAT ARE YOU EVEN THINKING?!
30- OUT OF THE BLUE!
31- THAT IS A LAME IDEA
32- WHO IS YOUR BULLY?
33- A STORY FOR ANOTHER DAY
34- DON'T THINK! RUN!
35- THERE'S A GOOD SLAVE!
36- STOP BEING GULLIBLE!
37- I TRUST YOU.
38- I SAW THE LOOK IN HER EYES
39- DO YOU GUYS PRAY?
40- THAT IS LYING!
41- SOMEONE'S GRUMPY
42- TWENTY QUESTIONS?
43- WHAT CHARLOTTE DRAMA?
44- A TRUE ANTITHESIS!
45- YOU'RE NOT THAT SPECIAL
46- SHOULD I BE SCARED?
47- WHO ON EARTH DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?
COVER UNVEILING!!!
48- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHAYNE
49- WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THEM
50- IT'S COMPLICATED, SAM
51- MANNERS, CALEB, MANNERS!
52- CHILL OUT, RYAN!
53- THIS IS WAR!
54- FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, CRYSTAL!
55- YOU'RE SAM, RIGHT?
56- I SAID WHAT I SAID.
57- A LIVING NIGHTMARE!
58- WE'RE THE SIMPSONS
59- I'M ALIVE, PRAISE GOD!
60- YOU'RE HURTING ME!
61- I JUST WANT TO GO HOME.
62- DON'T LEAVE.
63- I'M CAPABLE OF EXPRESSING EMOTIONS!
64- I FOUND SOME PAPERS
65- MOST EMBARASSING STORY OF MY LIFE
66- JESUS HELP ME!
67- YOU'RE HER MOUTHPIECE NOW?
68- WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?!
69- YOU'LL BE FINE
70- CAN I PRAY WITH YOU?
71- JUST LET HER BE
72- SOMETHING'S WRONG
73- ONLY GOD CAN STOP THEM!
74- TELL US EVERYTHING, DAD
75- WHAT'S EVEN COMING NEXT?
76- SO, WHAT DO WE DO?
77- (PART ONE) YOU OKAY THERE, SAM?
77- (PART TWO) SAM, STAY CALM
78- THIS IS SO DETECTIVE
79- (PART TWO) GOOD BYE
80- SAM'S YOUR SISTER
Epilogue
THE BULLIES' SLAVE BOOK 2 OUT NOW!

79- (PART ONE) WHAT DID HE DO?

812 36 4
By shirldee_

Hey guys!! How're you all doing?? So I thought to quickly drop this here before the month runs out. See you next month, that is tomorrow for the second part of this chapter! God bless you! Have a lovely and great read and also a great night rest! I love you and God loves you too!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Enjoy!!!

79- (PART ONE) WHAT DID HE DO?

"You're kidding me, right?" Crystal glared.

"Nope. Not at all. You just simply suck at cards." Cecilia smirked, giving me a high five which I duly returned.

It was Saturday, the day the girls and I had planned as our "hangout" day at Cecilia's. It was Cecilia's way of apologizing to us for ditching us for the most part of the week. She had come around yesterday after lunch and we had all reconciled.

I still wasn't comfortable with her hiding the truth from us but as Crystal and I discussed with the guys, we would just make sure to look out for her in any way we can and if eventually the need arose, report what we knew to the school authority. That decision had made me sick to my stomach. I didn't know how long I would hold back what I knew. This was my best friend here.

Immediately, I had sought Carlos, telling him that I had very little time before I would call those bullies out. He had simply nodded in understanding, although I knew deep down that he didn't agree with my method. I didn't care. I couldn't tolerate evil for so long.

So here we were, seated on Cecilia's bed, the boys absent, much to their disappointment. We had promised them a hangout later this evening to which they eventually agreed. I still thought about Shayne's reaction to Cecilia pushing him away. I had never seen him so distraught as he was for the rest of the week. It was only yesterday he had seemed to cheer up. I concluded that he had probably reconciled with Cecilia on personal terms. Although, I still wasn't comfortable with everything. Something gnawed at my chest but I pushed it down.

That was a dangerous line of thought!

"I'm done!" Crystal huffed. I laughed.

"Come on, Crys, don't be such a baby." I teased, taking the cards from her hands. This was the third time in a row she was being beaten by Cecilia. I was starting to jump to the conclusion that Crystal sucked at indoor games. Her phone vibrated.

"Can you imagine?" Crystal spoke up suddenly, after reading her text.

"What's up?" Cecilia and I said simultaneously.

"Principal Bennett just texted me that she is planning with the board to make all seniors attend a boot camp during spring break." Crystal complained

"What? It's a break for crying out loud." Cecilia reacted, eyes wide. I almost laughed.

"What's the boot camp about?" I asked. Crystal shrugged.

"I'm not even interested. They can't just decide for us without the general opinion of the students." Crystal frowned. "They seem to be taking the board thing too seriously. Trying to interfere with every aspect of students lives."

"What do you mean?" I asked. Crystal shrugged again.

"What I do know is that, I'm grateful my family still is the largest shareholder of Crystal High. If not, there are so many people's opinions that would have been the order of the day in school." She said and kept silent afterwards, lost in her thoughts. Cecilia and I shared a look.

Funny how we could all be so caught up in our own problems and forget that of others. Crystal's family was going through a serious financial mess. A mess that couldn't help them take justice for their daughter. A mess that made them lose one of their schools and almost half of the second. Yet, Crystal came out daily with a strong boldness, always hoping to God that all will eventually get better for them.

She was so positive! Even when her parents had marital issues which Glory to God, has been resolved to a reasonable extent. They were no longer getting divorced. They were now focused on working hard and making progress in being better couples and parents to Crystal. I had been very delighted. God had honored and answered our prayers. What more could we say?

In the midst of everything, my friends kept pushing. Including Cecilia. Which was why I promised myself to stay strong for them. I know I couldn't do it all alone. By my strength I got weak but whenever I remembered the fact that God loves us and wants the best for us and has given us His Holy Spirit to help us out in time of need, our very present help, I'm filled with a new strength, courage and hope to face the battle in front of me. Like a warrior, I receive new confidence to conquer all evil. It wasn't always the case. In fact, a lot of times I forgot about this reality of mine and embraced fear, especially from Caleb and Ryan. But even then, when I remember how far God has brought me, I'm hopeful and full of faith that I'd overcome. My friends and I will overcome and evil will be defeated.

"Alright." I clapped, bringing their attention to me. "Who's up for an adventure?"

"Oh no!" Cecilia said immediately

"I second that! An adventure from Sam? Shocking and I do not know what to expect. So I'll pass. No, thank you!" Crystal said, her eyes narrowed.

"Those are many words from you my dear. You do not need to worry! It's not the Pittock mansion."

"Oh?" Cecilia said, her features visibly relaxing. "Where then?"

***

"Seriously?" Crystal said as soon as I pulled up in front of the place I'd been visiting so frequently. Church.

"Um, Sam? What's going on?" Cecilia asked. I chuckled. I understood their reaction. I had never done something like this before.

"Remember when I accused you guys of being so secretive?" They both nodded. "Well, I realized that I haven't been so fair to you both, in fact, you all. I have myself not been so open to you guys. I know you know I'm a Christian and I love God. But it isn't just a mere religious activity for me, this means a whole lot to me, to my family. Not so sure about my dad now, but then. This is a huge part of my life. So I thought I should show you." I gestured towards the tall church building. Slowly, Crystal nodded.

"I get. I totally understand." She said. "It means so much to me too." She muttered the latter, probably believing no one heard. I reached out to squeeze her hand.

"I do understand too. In fact, I think it's beautiful." Cecilia added, reaching out to squeeze my shoulder from behind. I sniffed, suddenly feeling emotional.

"Thanks guys." I said, flashbacks of my family all walking together into our home church back at Boise clouding my vision. I hadn't noticed someone walk up to my car until I heard a tap on the window.

"No!" Crystal said, stopping me from pulling down the glass.

"What?" I arched an eyebrow.

"I-I-" Crystal stuttered. I raised my other brows but no words came. Before I knew it, Crystal sunk into her jacket and ducked her head between her knees. I glanced at Cecilia whose brows were furrowed in confusion.

"Who's that?" Cecilia asked. I then turned my head to see Pastor Dave face hovering outside the glass. I pulled down the glass.

"Hello Sam!" Pastor Dave called immediately.

"Hello sir." I grinned. I was always happy to see him. He had always proved very helpful to me and my family.

"I noticed your car was parked for a while so I thought to check up on you." He said, glancing at Crystal who was still bent in covering rousing my suspicion.

"Thank you sir." I said.

"I see you brought your friends too." It seemed like he was suppressing a grin as half of his upper teeth was displayed.

"Uh yes sir."

"Oh great! Why don't you all come on in and join me and my wife for tea then?" He finally released his grin.

"Um..." I stalled, looking behind to get Cecilia's approval. Cecilia nodded. Only it remained Crystal.

"Crystal?" I called. She stilled, then after what looked like forever and an apologetic look from me to Pastor Dave, Crystal lifted her head up.

Only that she had the deepest scowl I had ever seen in my life. Worse than Caleb's! That should mean a whole lot.

"What's wrong Crystal?" She didn't respond. She simply sighed and got out of the car. Cecilia and I copied her immediately.

"Crystal Hart." Pastor Dave called, making Crystal halt in her steps.

"Don't you call my name again! Ever!" She yelled. "Do you hear me?"

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Let's get out of here, Sam." She said. Cecilia looked lost and so did I. I turned to look at Pastor Dave who wore a very sad look.

"It's alright Sam. I'll see you some other time?" I nodded, still too confused to talk. He then turned at Cecilia "Hopefully some other time too?"

"Cecilia." Cecilia said, politely.

"Cecilia." Pastor Dave repeated with a smile. "Bye girls." He then gave Crystal a serene look.

"Hopefully, we'll see some other time Crystal. Say me well to your parents."
Crystal turned away from him, glaring hard into the space. We all remained in silence as I watched Pastor Dave walk into the vicarage.

"Crystal." Cecilia called.

"Is he gone?" Crystal asked, her voice cracking a bit.

"Yeah." Cecilia whispered. Crystal sniffed, nodded then walked back to the car.

We rode in silence until I pulled up at Cecilia's residence.

"My family and I used to attend that church." Crystal said, referring to the church I attend, which Pastor Dave shepherds. "But he said the most insensitive thing to us after the death of Candice." I gasped in shock. What could that have been? I couldn't marry Pastor Dave and any hurtful thing! I braced myself up for Crystal's response as I asked.

"What did he do?" Crystal shrugged.

"He told my parents that God told him that Crystal's death wasn't by suicide." I stilled. I didn't know how long that took but it was long enough for me to recall all my dreams and especially Drew's and Ethan's reactions to my suggestion that Candice didn't kill herself. I specifically recall Ethan saying that Crystal must not hear this. I hadn't realized how bad this was until the reality dawned on me.

If Crystal was so bitter to Pastor Dave because of what he said, what would happen if she finds out I believe just the same. The thought of Crystal hating me scared me. Crystal was like my sister. My goodness! I thought, feeling sick to my stomach.

"Are you okay, Sam?" Crystal asked.

"Yeah-h" I struggled to speak. "It's just shocking, you know." Crystal nodded.

"I understand. That's why I didn't want to say anything, I'm sorry." She said, sighing and resting her head against the glass.

"No, I'm sorry. I was the one who brought you here."

"Oh silly!" Crystal grinned lightly. "However could you have known what I just told you now? It isn't exactly a public knowledge." Except to  Drew and Ethan. For once, I was grateful that Drew was not a talkative and Ethan could be quite merciful when he chose to. I couldn't imagine Caleb and Ryan knowing this, they would have made sure to spill it. They wouldn't ever hesitate to do anything to destroy our friendship. Our bond damaged a lot of things for them.

But even all these did not make me believe less of what I believe about Candice's case. Day after day as I wrote and cancelled on my "detective" book, I was getting strengthened that there was indeed a loophole in all my friend's testimonies concerning that day. Probably one day, I'd get to the root. I believe if Candice didn't kill herself, then she deserved justice. However, I know I definitely won't be the one to mete out the justice. In fact it's none of my business.

But as I recalled the dream I had of Candice screaming for help and I was the only one who noticed. I believe I most definitely had to do something in my own corner, irrespective of whether or not I arrived at the truth.

To be continued...

Shirley!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

694 55 45
Book #1 in the "T" Series "Good morning." He says. "Morning, Happy Halloween!" "Happy Halloween. Okay, but for real though we gotta wake up now...
193K 5.7K 20
A girl named Selena, 15 years old, is basically like your real life Cinderella. Mean step-mother, and mean step-sisters. She does basically everythi...
15.3K 879 42
18-year-old Ashley Whittemore returns to her hometown from New York after her father's death. She didn't want to but she had to - because the person...
5.1K 1.3K 78
" Olivia, I liked you from the moment you hiccuped your way into my life. It's funny really but it's the truth. I also wasted a lot of time and this...