Trepidation || Wanda Maximoff

By thewritingmarvel

Riley Walker or The Spider. That's what people know her as. With her superhuman strength, speed and agility... More

1|Not MJ
2|Winter
3|Paranoid
4|A regular day
5|I'm Sorry
6|Macaroni
7|Sleepover
8|Haunted
9|Meeting Riley
10|The Avengers
11|Deal
12|The Spider
13|First Impressions
14|Family
15|Nerves
16|Embarrassment
17|Home
18|New things
19|Teen Movie night
20|Likeable
21|First Mission
22|Mission Report
23|It's Not Fine
24|Advice
25|Courage
26|Preparing
27|First Date
28|Drowning
29|Strongest Soldier
30|You're not alone
31|Feelings
33|Scary Russian
34|Murder List
35|Cute Couple
36|Who's The Pirate?
37|Stressed Steve
38|Car Ride
39|The Amusement Park
40|Chaos Erupts
41|Interrogation
42|Danger
43|Sorrow
44|I Miss My Love
45|Kill Them!
46|Rules
47|A Mess
48|Desperate
49|A Disappointment
50|One More Breath
51| Set Me Free
52|Unlucky
53|Festivity?
54|New Years
55|I Can't
56|The Girl She Loves
57|I Missed This
58|Back Home
59|Safety in Music
60|Intentions
61|Back Again!
62|Hesitation
63|Soulmates
64|Rooftop Conversations
65|Teenagers
66|Party Planning
67|Angel
68|Party
69|Gifts
70|Anger
71|Talented Musician
72|Meeting Information
73|Running
74|Adoption?
75|Sports
76|Guitar lessons
77|Captial Hill
78|It's Official
79|Siblings
80|Bug
81|Absence Of Chaos
82|Two years later

32|Goddess

1.2K 31 0
By thewritingmarvel

Riley's POV
I quickly run to the store, I was supposed to get the fairy lights and food ingredients and the picnic blanket on my way back from school but I forgot. I ONLY HAVE NINETY MINUTES. I buy all of the things I need and just before leaving I double check to make sure I have everything I need. I run back to the compound and put all that I need for the date in a bag, the blankets, pillows, fairy lights, a note reminding me to come back for food, small mini table. I have everything I need currently.

I need to get changed too, I have to be quicker and better prepared, I blame my parents, they made me think about them and made me sad.

I walk away from the compound and towards the hill that is about ten minutes away, there is a really nice tree where I can hand the fairy lights and its the perfect spot. I lay the blanket out and put the small table on top of it, I also put up the fairly lights spreading them out between branches to make sure it doesn't light up just one section but lights up the whole area. I smile at what I have done, it doesn't look to bad.

(A/N kinda like this ^ but a little cosier and without the beach, there would be some warm blankets and a blanket to cover the mud)

I run back to the compound and get the food, cakes, sandwiches, fruit, etc, along with some bottles of water, and some cans of coke.

I quickly run back to the compound and change into something comfy and kinda fancy

I sort out my hair in the mirror and give myself a thumbs up in the direction of my reflection and check my watch, I have five minutes until I will be going to Wanda's room, wow perfect timing. I grab my headphones and my poetry book and begin to read, I have always loved poetry and think its calming to read. While reading I come along a line that stands out to me 'I am in a chaos and yet feel calm for I have found the tool to soothe my mess' I smile and think about every single person in the compound, they help me to survive in this tough world.

I check my watch again, I have time to read another page 'we are all broken thats how the light gets in' I smile, as I read, I put the book down happily and walk towards Wanda's room.

I gently go to knock on the door but it is opened as soon as I do, I smile as I look into the green eyes I was met with. Wanda smiles in return "you should be more careful Darling, I could have knocked and hit you in the face" I say but my eyes go wide as I realise what I called her, Wanda bushes and smiles adorably. I sigh relieved. Wanda looks into my eyes, grey meets green and we both smile.

"You ready? We have a little while to walk but its only ten minutes" I inform her, Wanda smiles and leans against my shoulder smiling happily. I take in her appearance, she is wearing some black jeans and a black top with a green jacket and some rings on her fingers. She looks so hot. How did I manage to even be in the presence of such a goddess?

we walk out of the compound I fiddle with my hands nervously hoping she likes what I have done. Wanda grabs both of my hands, she looks my in the eyes and smiles "Riley, you have nothing to worry about, I really don't mind what we do as long as I'm doing it with you I know that sounds very cliche, i think thats the word, but it's true. As long as its not something stupidly ridiculous but I would do almost anything if you were with me" Wanda tells me gently, I smile and hug her.

"I am a very anxious person, I will always be nervous but thank you" I respond, Wanda smiles brightly, even though we technically live together we don't really get much alone time with how many chaotic people are in the compound.

"Wow, this is amazing, this must have taken you ages" Wanda tells me when we arrive at the picnic setup.

"Well I wanted it to be nice, it didn't take that long but I spent time on it, if I didn't it wouldn't have been perfect and you deserve perfect. I was thinking we could watch the sunset and it seems the sun is setting" I state, Wanda smiles and looks to the sky, its lit up by a bright orange, some gentle pink as well. I sit down on one of the seats and gesture for Wanda to sit next to me which she does.

I take the food out of the basket and put some of it on the table making sure to leave some spares in the basket if anyone wants anymore, Wanda smiles gratefully and takes a sandwich, which I do too. 

"This is so well thought out Riley" Wanda informs me, I nod.

"I wanted it to be right, if I didn't put in much effort than I wouldn't be a very good date to have, I will admit I did forget to buy some of the things so ended up having to run to the store quickly to buy them" I admit, Wanda laughs.

"Don't laugh at me, I was preoccupied in my walking and forgot" I state making Wanda just laugh more, I frown jokingly but end up laughing too, we both eventually stop laughing and sit in silence watching the sun set.

I jump when I hear a loud crunch but turn to Wanda, she has bitten into a crisp loudly while, I sigh in relief as Wanda just smile sheepishly at me. She knows what she has done. I frown at her pretending to be mad but cant keep the act going as looking at her just makes me smile.

An hour passes and the sun has gone down, I turn the fairy lights on and Wanda looks around confused but that confusion fades to happiness when she realises what I did. I pull a planet over us and move the table to the left side as Wanda is on my right. "You know, Kung fu panda has some deep shit, like the quote from the old turtle 'yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that is why it is called the present' how deep is that for the youngsters who will watch that movie" I tell Wanda the random though that popped into my head, Wanda is chuckling lightly at my statement "sorry that was random" I add embarrassed.

"No I think its true, that was deep" Wanda replies, I smile gratefully "I will admit it was a little but random, but I liked the fact and quote. I have never heard of Kung fu panda before though" she adds, I playfully gasp and open my mouth in shock.

"You have never watched Kung fu panda! There are three movies and they are all a part of my childhood, we are watching them sometime" I say, Wanda nods smiling widely.

I decide now is the time to ask the question i have been dreading to "Wanda" I state, looking into her eyes "will you be my girlfriend. I know we haven't been on many dates but we do kinda live together and we know each other well and I really like you, you make me feel alive, you give me purpose, happiness and a fire within me. And Wanda, If i had a single flower for everytime I think of you, I could walk in my garden forever. Wanda to be your friend was all I ever wanted but to be your lover is all I ever dreamed, If you want to wait a little bit longer thats fine and I will do as you which but I wanted to ask-" I ramble.

"Riley, I would love to be your girlfriend, I was hoping you would ask, every time I think of you I end up having a stupid grin on my face, you brighten up my day Riley, with your random thoughts and your smile, no matter how hard I try and think about something else my thoughts go back to you, always, erm and that can be incredibly distracting" Wanda tells me cheerfully, My eyes flicker to her lips and back to her eyes again. We both lean forwards until out lips are inches away from each other's.

"Can i kiss you?" I ask Wanda in a whisper.

"Yes, please do" she responds, I smile and lean forwards and our lips meet. Her lips were soft, warm and gentle, the smell of her beautiful scent was dizzying, butterflies danced in my stomach, this feeling is like nothing I have never felt before ands it's something I cannot put into words, its like dancing on the moon or swinging through the stars. Like an uncontrollable fire, dancing, swaying, sizzling on top of a calm ocean surface defying all odds and knowledge, breaking the rules and doing something wild, extraordinary, powerful. The kiss was gentle and kind but it will stay in my mind for a long time. Me and Wanda break apart smiling, our lips still inches away from each other, I peck Wanda on the lips and lean back, she smiles and cuddles against me and we both look to the stars smiling widely.

"Thank you Riley, You are really amazing" Wanda says

"Tis you m'lady who is a goddess, I don't think I can quite compare to that" I state, Wanda blushes and hides her face in my neck. I smile and chuckle lightly.

"Come on lets head back, its getting late and I don't want you to miss out on your Beauty sleep" I tell Wanda, she nods and takes her hand in mine and interlocking our fingers.

"Thank you for tonight Riley it has been truly magical" Wanda informs me

"I think it is you who has made the night magical Wanda, just by you being here, but thank you. You're my girlfriend" I say with a dizzy smile on my face as I remember, Wanda chuckles.

"Yes and your my girlfriend" Wanda replies, I smile and bring her hand up to my lips and kiss it then continue walking, Wanda with a blush on her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 1.9K 20
ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴛ [ᴄᴏ·ᴠᴇʀᴛ] ᴀᴅᴊᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ 1. ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇᴀʟᴇᴅ; sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ; ᴅɪsɢᴜɪsᴇᴅ 2. ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ; sʜᴇʟᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ (Y/N) (L/N) was always curious about her parents' job. Oftentimes...
16.9K 420 16
BOOK 1 Y/N is a 23 year old super genius, she graduated University at 18 and has been obsessed on recreating wanda's mind reading powers. She was com...
386K 14.1K 40
Cassidy Martin didn't ask for any of this, and she doesn't want it. Her powers came to her by an accident, a fluke, and now they're threatening to r...
271K 5.8K 37
Welcome my Lovely Readers to The Wings of the Broken!❤❤ ###################### The Reader has been on the run from HYDRA for about a year. After esca...