Verde Crows: Lost In Another...

By Mr_Rinzuri

Reincarnated in another world as a administrative AI *This is a high fantasy based novel with some cracks *In... More

Bio
Prologue
Vol. 1 Chapter 1: Reincarnation
Vol. 1 Chapter 2: The Another World
Vol. 1 Chapter 3: Departure
Vol. 1 Chapter 4: First Contact
Vol. 1 Chapter 5: Spartan VS High Orc King
Vol. 1 Chapter 6: Encounter
Vol. 1 Chapter 7: Trial
Vol. 1 Chapter 8: Noel
Vol.1 Chapter 9: Mercenary Guild
Vol. 1 Chapter 10: Decision
Vol. 1 Chapter 11: Farewell
Vol. 1 Chapter 12: Unlikely Agreement
Vol. 1 Chapter 13: Rear Echelon
Vol. 1 Chapter 14: Overdoing My Job
Vol. 1 Chapter 15: Intelligence gathering
Vol. 1 Chapter 16: One Man Army
Vol. 1 Chapter 17: Lack of Common Sense
Vol. 1 Chapter 18: Encounter with Dangerous Beings
Vol. 1 Chapter 19: How Heroes Fight
Vol. 1 Chapter 20: Dinner with what?!
Vol. 1 Chapter 21: That moment, I Fucked up.
Vol. 1 Chapter 22: Who's the fastest?
Vol. 1 Chapter 23: Errands of Kuudere Android
Vol. 1 Chapter 24: Extermination
Vol. 1 Chapter 25: Port City of Olandia
Vol. 1 Epilogue: Side Story 1
Vol. 2 Prologue
Vol. 2 Chapter 1: Dangerous Woman #2?
Vol. 2 Chapter 2: Dwarves
Vol. 2 Chapter 3: Next priority
Vol. 2 Chapter 4: The Suspect Is?
Vol. 2 Chapter 6: Brewing Catastrophe
Vol. 2 Chapter 7: Blasphemous Act
Vol. 2 Chapter 8: Disaster
Vol. 2 Chapter 9: Trap
Vol. 2 Chapter 10: Party
Vol. 2 Chapter 11: Other worlders
Vol. 2 Chapter 12: Information
Vol. 2 Chapter 13: Glimpse of Power
Side Story 2: Excerpt of History + A Leisure Observation
Vol. 2 Chapter 14: Lurking shadow
Vol.2 Chapter 15: Internal Trouble
Vol. 2 Chapter 16: Appeasement
Vol. 2 Chapter 17: Imperium's Darkness
Vol. 2 Chapter 18: Through the Sky
Vol. 2 Chapter 19: Demons And Gods (1)
Vol. 2 Chapter 20: Demons and Gods (2)

Vol. 2 Chapter 5: Sources of Trouble

537 32 15
By Mr_Rinzuri

"Let's breakdown what really happened." (Liam)

To avoid the inquisitive eyes of the people here, I instead commanded Serene to recount what really happened 2 days ago.

"After my errands in buying your bondservants. I, including my subordinates, decided to check out our rented building personally, the Oriental Laffan. On our way, we encountered some rubbish along the way who wanted to steal the valuables inside the carriages. We fought off and annihilated them, then handed them over to the guards. However, some weirdo interrupted our conversation with the chief guard during that time."

Rubbish? That's so mean. Don't call people so casually like that, even if they are criminals. Call them appropriately as scum or unrecyclable trash. But still, there are some unfortunate idiots who picked a fight with my terminator-like army in another world, huh? What a bunch of poor souls getting wrecked by machines.

And one of those unfortunate idiots is the hero that tried to hit Serene?

"Okay, that weirdo is the hero? What happened next?." (Liam)

"He grabbed my skirt without permission and tried to lift it off, but I punched him, sending him flying 18.58 meters away, then he landed in a nearby eatery, destroying it in the process." (Serene)

He tried to what? I'm confused by this hero ... Isn't he's just a straight-out pervert?

Also, are the people here rather disturbed by that hero's behavior? The fuck was that? Is it a common occurrence here to the point they aren't surprised? Hey, sistiene, say something here because this silence was suffocating me but she just averted her gaze.

"Furthermore, the moment I send him flying, the female escorts and even his whores tried to attack me." (Serene)

Well, that's obviously going to happen if you attack the hero. But I'm curious about how Serene handled them.

"Conclusion?." (Liam)

"I annihilated them within 5 seconds; 6 knights and 3 sex workers, and as a souvenir of the consequences of attacking me, I broke all of their ribs and arms." (Serene)

I'm speechless. Also, the people here have begun to look more wary of Serene than before. Gosh, I wouldn't be surprised if someone ran away in terror from my custom maid.

"They are still alive right?." (Liam)

It would be troubling if Serene murdered a companion of a hero.

"Yes, or do you want me to eliminate them?." (Serene)

"No, let's focus on the current issue, so tell me straight up what is the leading cause of your decision to cut down the heroes' arms 2 days ago." (Liam)

"Alright... He got up from the ruins of that establishment and walked towards me, saying he wanted me to pay because I attacked him. He threatened you, my young master, to be held accountable. If not, I should be turned over as a slave to that rubbish. But if none of the conditions are met, I, will be forcibly turned into slavery and the young master will be hanged due to the transgression I committed against him...Because of those threats, I made myself appear weak and powerless to run him in the nose to accept one of my conditions to forgive my transgressions. Then I provoked him, as he was easy to deal with due to his ego and disappointingly, or should I say, pitifully comparable intelligence to an elementary-level school kid, followed by asking him to line up his arms, due to his pointless pride, I cut off his arms in an opportunity to exploit his stupidity." (Serene)

So that's it? He dared to start it? I see. I see. Once I finish my stuff and errands with Sistiene, I'll settle the score with him. I'll never let him slip from my clutches. I'll make sure that he'll regret picking a fight with me and that shitty attempt to lay a hand on Char and Sistiene.

"Hmm, good job. You should murder that bitch or beat him more." (Liam)

While happily thinking about the expression of that son of a bitch after Serene cut off his arms, Dina shouted at me.

"Sir Liam! What's the meaning of this?!." (Dina)

"...? Isn't it obvious that Serene is my maid and the one who severed that shithead's arm, right? " (Liam)

"No! That's not it! Why do you have her as a maid! She's a hero candidate right?!." (Dina)

"Absolutely not, she ain't a hero candidate." (Liam)

Obviously not, she's an android and not a human or flesh and blood. She's just a mere block of machinery and electronics under synthetic skin. Her face and body were artificially produced by factories and not from a human womb.

Unless she is blessed to become a hero, however, I guarantee that's not the case. As the creator of this maid, I knew her body size, preferences, and behavioral patterns because I made her. When I run a high-speed diagnostic, it reveals her abilities didn't increase that much. If she tried to push herself to the absolute limits, she would either be forced to shut down or be obliterated by sheer stress being put on her machinery, which is impossible to hold on considering it's fragility.

"Then how do you explain how she was able to lift a holy relic that only the chosen one or heroes are permitted to carry!." (Dina)

"Maybe it's fake?." (Liam)

I mean by fake, no one would go out to harm the hero because of the tight security inside the Olandia, so he would probably only carry a decorative sword with no special properties because of a non-existential threat, and he is on patrol to ensnare some girl to play with, so he probably only carries a mock sword to brag about it, which it can't be as exclusive as those so-called holy relics of your country, and it doesn't make sense that there would be people willing to fight off those monsters like him. I will doubt the sanity of the people who would dare to pick a fight with them... With the exception of Serene and me, yeah, because we are not living things in the first place.

"Clearly that's not the case! As a hero, he wouldn't be carrying any fake swords on duty!." (Dina)

Oh? That's a surprise, so in this world, womanizing is a duty of a hero? What the hell?

"So if that's the case, she could lift a sword or weapons used by heroes. So what do you want to say? Just brazenly handover my maid to you?." (Liam)

"No... I'm not in the authority." (Dina)

Dina began to look meek in the face of me, who was smiling while calmly saying those words. She might think I might go on a rampage if they ever tried to forcefully grab serene in my sight. Being cautious huh?

Come to think of it, wouldn't be heroes' is too tough just to be cut off by some short swords?

<<Serene, what equipment did you use?>>

<<19.5 (I) class, Custom Highly Compact with Retractable Blades, Bulava Type 713 High Frequency Blade>>

<<I see... Do you always carry those?>>

<<Yes, Administrator. Whenever I'm on a regular mission outside the intense combat zones, or doing chores in our FOB in this world, I usually keep one Type 713 HFB in my specialized hidden hard points on my custom maid attire.>>

Is that so?

I thought she was carrying some laser swords or plasma type cutters. My expectations got busted, nonetheless, high frequency blades could cut them off.

<<Is there armor when you cut him?>>

I don't have high frequency blades other than plasma type bayonets, so I can't be sure if they have the same potency in cutting down heroes.

<<Bare flesh only, Administrator>>

Alright? If the heroes we confronted had no armor, then we could thrash them with missiles or fuck tons of bullets and cannon shells to exterminate them, if only that's it. Come to think of it, that person in Palt, apparently a former A-Rank adventurer, managed to survive a close-up 25mm grenade launcher fire and heavy machine gun class bullets of 14.7mm in diameter from me. On top of that, his enchanted equipment could resist plasma blades, which should be enough to cut a rod of 600 mm of high tensile steel in a single swing. If the heroes have enchanted weapons and armor, it might prove troublesome.

"Umm, let's go." (Liam)

There's no point staying here. I doubt the knights here would fight me and Serene, and sistiene people wouldn't care about such trivial matters anyway.

"Wait." (Dina)

"We're done right? " (Liam)

Dina, you're so... Ahem, my evaluation of you has begun to decline. You see,

"Um, Sir Liam, yes, but won't you consider having your maid try to lift a holy relic once again?" (Dina)

Are you retarded? Why so persistent?

"For what?." (Liam)

"Actually... this morning, a command from the cathedral reached here. We've been ordered to find the maid, who may possibly be a hero candidate, and bring her at all cost." (Dina)

.... What an extra headache is this?

"Shouldn't the heroes be announced via prophecy or oracle? Did the goddess Alumina say something?." (Liam)

I think the creator of this world, as said by the archbishop and likely the person who sent me here in this world, only announces something important like disasters or bestowal of heroic titles in this world, so it should be a heads-up to anyone in the church if there's no oracle or whatnot, then my android maid here is not a hero.

"Yes, there is and please do not disseminate this vital information. However, both of the parties here may have suspicions about whether Sir Liam's maid is a candidate or not, so it is an exception to disclose it here. There are two heroes who have yet to be revealed; a Berserker Hero and a Lightning Hero." (Dina)

That Berserker is definitely Lynette, but what's up with this Lightning hero? I didn't remember another hero being bestowed with that kind of title in our talk with the archbishop. It might have been more recently before our conversation in Burduex, so it might been overlooked.

"So what happens if we don't turn over her?." (Liam)

"The Holy Knights would be dispatched to take care of the matters." (Dina)

With a gloomy face, by her looks, Dina doesn't want me to get hurt or collide with the holy knights. Are they that scary? I don't think they are that kind of scary.

"Who is leading them?." (Liam)

"Knight Commander Adel, of the 2nd Holy Knight Division of Alumina Imperium." (Dina)

..... Adel? That guy? Is this luck or perhaps fate destined it? I might get out of this predicament if he's the one I'll be dealing with here and I could also check out Lynette's condition.

"Is that it? I'm going." (Liam)

"Sir Liam! Lord Adel is too strong!." (Dina)

"I know he is strong." (Liam)

"Eh?." (Dina)

I mean, I already fought him once. He is quite fast and formidable, though only one level inferior in terms of power compared to that Orc King that I exterminated when I saved Lynette. Still, that made him commendable. Even slightly weaker in comparison, I think he could defeat that monster singlehandedly like me.

"Oya Sistiene! I'm going out for a while." (Liam)

While Dina froze once more, but I ignored her. Then I shouted and waved to Sistiene to inform her that I was leaving, but she only responded with a wry smile and waved back.

We finally left the luxurious apartment of Sistiene and headed out to the next destination-Yeah Desti... Hmm? I'm confused as to where the heck I should go next. I only intended to go to the mercenary guild and talk to Sistiene. I didn't plan to stroll through this city... What should I do next? eat food? But I'm an android, so I don't really need to eat...Watch movies? Sightseeing? Arghh! What the hell should I do?!

"Serene." (Liam)

"Yes Young Master?." (Serene)

"Umm, what is you plan today?." (Liam)

"Some paperwork and visiting Young Master's bondservants." (Serene)

Yeah... The slaves that Serene brought, should I take a look also?

"I'm going to F.O.B 2, escort me there." (Liam)

"Yes." (Serene)

I entered the carriages and we headed to the second forward operating base of my territories in another world.

Millese POV

A few months ago, I was just a normal commoner in the frontier and living a peaceful and normal life, but one day, my family was invited to go in a pilgrimage to the Cathedral, capital city of Imperium. The journey was nearly 2 months long. Along the way, we met many people and learned about various things that I had only seen for the first time.

Only 3 weeks remained, as we were only halfway through the cathedral, the heart of the Imperium. It is even described as the economic, religious, spiritual, military, and cultural capital of the Imperium, and the cathedral is one of the most populous cities in the country.

Nothing happened that could be counted as serious other than encountering a small group of monsters or fraudsters, but on a certain night while we were resting on a side road. That night was the beginning of hell for me and those who survived.

"Bandit! Bandits! Wake up! Call for arms!." (Guards)

"Get down arrows and magic attacks!." (Guards)

The rain of arrows and magic bolts fell down from the skies. It is an indiscriminate attack, killing unarmed civilians, including children, and it is relentless. Explosions here and there, arrows peppers the carriages, everyone is running away from the bandits. The defensive lines of the escorts immediately crumbled from the fierce attacks of the bandits. One after another, the escorts fell and many of us in the caravan were captured.

"Mom...." (Millese)

I saw my mother on the side of a carriage, laying around. My eyes were a bit dizzy because of the smoke and chaos that happened when I came near her. I saw she was dripping with water? Her clothes were wet when I came closer to call her out.

"Mom? Are you alright? Mom....." (Millese)

She didn't respond to my words. I couldn't read her expression because I only saw her back.

I called her to confirm her condition before the bandits could see us. We are in the woods, after all, so the bandits may have missed us here. However, she remained unresponsive and when I decided to roll her over, I saw her face was half missing and one of her eyes was poking out of the side. It was an utter horror to me.

"MOOOOOMMMM!." (Millese).

I couldn't help but shout in the horrifying sight of my mother's death. I grabbed the corpse of my mother and hugged it tightly. That moment also, is my greatest mistake.

"Oh? What do we have here?."

I felt someone calling from behind, but apparently due to the shock, I didn't hear it all.

"Bitch! Don't ignore me!."

Then I was forcibly separated from my mother and dragged away. Then a realization dawned on me, the people who dragged me were bandits.

"Heh? How unfortunate, Hey boss! this bitch should have a nice body! Damn, she's dead." (Bandit)

"Hmm?." (Bandit Leader)

The one who dragged me away was a tall bandit with a very large war axe, with glittering ornaments. It's an enchanted weapon comparable to his height, towering over 2 meters tall, or nearly two times taller than me.

"You looked the same. So you're the daughter, huh? I see. Let's play on the front of your mother's corpse." (Bandit Leader)

He grinned, then choked me.

"What a disappointing body. Better than nothing? Bahahaha! " (Bandit Leader)

"Bufu! Please stop! No! Kwahek?!." (Millese)

Then my hellish day began. My deplorable experience lasted for 2 weeks before the bandits decidedly sold us--survivors to a brothel in Olandia, where I'm going to experience another hell. However, it will not last long due to the strict law of not allowing such low and immoral jobs in Olandia. The brothels we're working at were raided by the Knights. It's like a dream that we are finally liberated from hell just to be thrown off into a slave trading house to be sold to other people as slaves.

I want to take revenge on the people who have given me hellish experiences, but I doubt I could pull it off myself, so I gave up and tried to live through and survive my predicament. After all, it seems like revenge against those people is impossible.

Days have passed since we've been thrown here to be sold as low-value slaves, but none of us has been bought because of our physique being so poor and not valued by the customers of this house at all.

Weeks and finally, a month have passed before we were mysteriously ordered to be moved to the auction stage. The client this time, according to the gossips, is buying bulk (slaves).

Then we lined up as if goods, whether to be picked up or not.

Then someone entered the room, together with the housemaster. She was a maid, and from the looks of it, she was a high-ranking servant of the nobles or wealthy people.

How lucky she is, I was thrown off to hell and she was fortunate to have an easy life like this. Ordered to buy people like they were things to be expendable? Does she have no conscience?

"Line up now! Don't fall in line! Our client is here. Don't embarrass this trading house!." (Housemaster)

Then, afterwards, he gazed back at that person, our client, as they began to talk. However, when I looked at her closely, she looked like a delicate lady, weak and having yet to experience hard work. Ha... lucky for her, she doesn't taste hell like me.

Moments later, it caught me by surprise when she walked brazenly in front of us. Is she an idiot? The slaves are not obligated to fully obey the master's orders; however, they can't attack their masters either because they would likely black out for some unknown reason, making them unconscious. Also, the only way to control us-slaves-is through pain; the collars we have cause us intense pain in order to be submissive to our masters, but slaves can still attack people other than our masters, so it was dangerous to approach.

The housemaster seems to have the same concern, but the maid turns her gaze to him with a hand gesture to calm him down as if it's okay.

Seconds later, she began to choose the people in the row. She didn't hesititate to choose both demi-humans and humans as if they were equal. I don't know what she was thinking. We were probably going to experience another hell. But strangely enough, she always chooses women. Many men were skipped in succession. Is this intentional?

That maid was closing in on me when she paused in front of my face. She scrutinized my face and my body for a brief while, then said

"You too." 

The world slowed down the moment she choosed me, but she left me behind as she continues to choose other people to pick up.

After it was decided to have us sent out We thought we would be sent as is, a dirty and ragtag bunch. However, and surprisingly, we have been fed generously, given baths, new clothes, and even tended to some of our wounds.

Most of us think this might be a trap that made us suffer like what evil nobles would do. However, later on, we concluded that reality is really different from our expectations.

We've been given fairly luxurious ride. Not all of us were put in carriages by this noble? We can't discern because all we can just see are several silver carriages with a distinctive black dragon emblem. Nevertheless, the people who hadn't been put in luxurious carriages were instead carried by freight carriages that were only exclusive to nobles or wealthy people. Too much luxury for mere slaves like us.

The ride was peaceful until someone blocked the road and the roofs had many people in black clothes. They are probably a crime syndicate. Could it be they are trying to sell us to these people? However, it doesn't seem to be the case. And as usual, the naive, delicate, and weak maid brazenly walked out.

"Buzz off ruffians, we don't have time to play around with vermins." (Maid)

Is she really okay in her head?! The slaves like me began to be agitated too. The escort of this convoy is only numbered around 30 and nearly half of them are women, which makes them unsuitable for combat.

"Fufu! The audacity of you damn whore! If you don't want to die! Give us everything you have!." (Criminal)

"Fuck off." (Maid)

She lazily provokes the criminals and they began to popping out from alley and roofs.

"Treze, Quattro, Singco, Flora, Bella, Amethyst, Rose, go on an offensive, Incapacitate." (Maid)

Then 3 male butlers and 4 maids step forward. The butlers are equipped with A blocky thing that transforms with a handle? The maids, meanwhile, draw a short sword and they begin to go offensive, and they are unbelievably fast.

One of the maids with yellow hair severed several limbs at the same time. Five men immediately lost either arms or legs and started bleeding profusely. They needed a healer or doctor because if they didn't do anything, they were probably going to die. Not only her, other maid is also extremely dangerous, they cutting down thugs one after another without any mercy.

The butlers, meanwhile, didn't proactively close the distance. Instead, they use their blocky things with a small flame that goes out with low popping sounds. But the bandits just mysteriously began to fall while bleeding. Are they mages?

Within 10 minutes, roughly 70 thugs fell from them, and the other thugs began to withdraw. It's not a battle but a one-sided massacre.

The leader of the thugs also began to run, but that naive maid jumped to the roof and captured him! That's a 3-story building?! You're not an ordinary maid?!

Things also began to calm down. The ruckus that happened seemed to reach the guards and they responded immediately. The maid and chief of the guards talked for a while. Finally, the storm has passed, or so we thought.

Then a group of knights began to disrupt the conversation, and the fancy head knight appeared to try to lift the maid's skirt, only to be punched and sent several meters away. At that moment, the maid was attacked by the companion of that pervert but promptly defeated the company of that perverted knight.

"How dare you! You mere servant dare to challenge the Hero of Cold Cut Lord Zyrian!." (Knight)

Is that person a hero?! Everyone immediately paled upon hearing that our superior had just picked a fight with a hero. But the maid remained unfazed. The hero immediately got up and started talking while smiling at the maid. He appears to be blackmailing her, but for some reason, the hero lines up his arms and then, in a split second, the maid draws a sword and savagely cuts the hero's arms.

The hero was floored, and he appeared to be wringing in pain. The people were too frozen stiff to move, and the maid had just done something impossible. You can't just cut a hero's arms unless you have an enchanted weapon, blessings, or you are a very powerful person, because their skins are tougher than a diamond, rendering regular arrow, sword, and spear attacks useless against them.

"Heal me! Heal me! Anyone!" (Hero)

Hero was pathetically shouted, but no one moved. The maid manifested lightning on her body, intimidatingly, and then she grabbed the hero's sword that had been thrown off due to his panic after getting unexpectedly cut down. She unsheathed it and wave it once producing a powerful gust of wind then muttered.

"What a curious sword." (Maid)

She sheathed it and threw it back to return it to one of the companions of the hero. However, that person had also been floored, and she appeared hurt, as if she had been crushed by a heavy weight.

The knights and the unarmed women, including the guards, looked pale before the maid. None of them tried to attack her, who just hurt the hero nor tried to reprimand her. We safely left the area and arrived at a large building that would become our home in Olandia. On the next day, we meet our master, only a glimpse though. He doesn't look anything special, but considering his maid and butlers are not ordinary, our master is probably out of proportion too. Then, when he left, our training to become a proper servant began. I've been chosen to become a secretary, a quite high-ranking job here. We aren't discriminated against or abused, and our life here is absolutely comfortable. Our food is also comparable to that of the noble district, or so some people say here.

A peaceful and comfortable life? Finally, the training is rigorous. However, the maid and butlers are indeed strict but aren't physically hurting us or depriving us of anything else even if we accidentally do something wrong. Also, I finally knew the name of that maid, she was in fact the Head Maid, Serene.

On the next day, afternoon. We are in the middle of training to run while having a cup of coffee in both hands. Moving from room to room and evading any servants or people on the way, while completing it in the shortest amount of time. We are being careful not to spill the drinks, nevertheless, I accidentally bumped into someone the moment I got out of one of the rooms. He is a tall man with expensive clothing, but that's not the issue here. The coffee was spilled on his clothes!

 "I'm sorry!." (Millese)

"It's alright."

He immediately used a napkin to wipe and dry it out.

"But the clothes is?! Sorry! I'll do anything please forgave me!." (Millese)

I begged. And I didn't look at the face because I was too scared and ashamed to see his face. Some people also saw us and redirected their gaze as if leaving me behind. I'm completely dead here. Then, a familiar voice resounded throughout the place.

"What is this mess? This is embarrassing."

"Head Maid! I'm so sorry.... " (Millese)

I powerlessly apologized.

"You dolt, convey your apologies to the Young Master." (Serene)

 "....eh? Young Master?." (Millese)

I slowly look upwards to the person, and his face is certainly familiar, this is the person we saw when he introduce himself as our master yesterday.

"Don't be worked up on these clothes. I am Liam, head of Iserlohn family. Nice to meet ya." (Liam)

Our young master playfully talk to the frozen stiff me and my sight went blank due to the shock I got.

_______________________________________________

Longest chapter that actually exceeds 4,500 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Kairos By leigh heasley

Science Fiction

841K 23K 28
Time travel is legal and Ada Blum is looking for love. But what happens when one of her charming bachelors from the past makes his way to the present...