Afterlife ↠ Argent [1]

Bởi -voidallison

❛Not all endings are bad. Most times they're just beginnings in disguise.❜ In which Corey Walker dies and liv... Xem Thêm

Disclaimer
01. The Crash
02. Waking Up
03. Roommates
05. Chaos Rising
06. Perks of Being Dead
07. Spies
08. Hero
09. Trigger
10. Comfort Zone
11. Screaming Thoughts
12. Close Calls
13. Seeing Red
14. Messenger
15. Rising Tide
16. Suicide Squad
17. Watchdogs
18. Truth Be Told
19. Unraveling
20. Night Out
21. Defense Team
22. Home Visit
23. Stressed Out
24. Gut Feeling
25. Crumbling
26. Inner Demons
27. Bleeding Gold
28. Hurricane
29. East of Eden
30. Final Stand
31. Sacrifice
Epilogue
important

04. Stuck In The Middle

16.5K 696 464
Bởi -voidallison

Allison explained everything to me on the car ride to the funeral. She started from the very beginning with how Scott, the guy who I saw last night, was a werewolf and that his friend, Stiles, was just some sarcastic guy who wished to be gay. For some reason, I wasn't as shocked about it all as I should have been. Maybe because I died softened the blow I suppose. There was only one question I had left.

"What are you?" I ask Allison as her eyes fix on the road in front of her.

Allison takes a deep breath. "That's the thing. I'm not sure."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Are you telling me you're something supernatural?"

Allison shakes her head. "God, no! I just don't know who I am."

This confuses me even more. "What are you talking about?"

"I mean," Allison begins. I can tell this story was going to be a long one. "My family is all hunters. It's been in our blood for the past few centuries. We have this code that I don't agree with, which is 'we hunt those who hunt us'. Scott is my friend, so how am I supposed to hunt him? That's where I get confused. I'm meant to be a hunter, but I don't fully want to be. Sure, I'm good at archery and have combat skills, but I'm not a killer. The reason my aunt is dead is because she broke that code. She killed innocents and finally karma caught back up with her. I guess one of the reason's I'm scared to be a hunter is that I'll end up like her someday. If I'm going to die a hunter, I want to do it saving someone, not getting my throat sliced open by some crazed alpha werewolf."

I nod my head slowly, still trying to process all of this. "So what you're saying is, is that you're somewhere stuck in the middle?"

Allison nods. "Yeah, pretty much."

I chuckle. "Kind of ironic since I'm technically stuck in the middle..."

Allison laughs. "Wow, Corey."

I smile as I stare at Allison's pearly white teeth. "I just have one more question. What exactly did your Aunt do?"

Allison takes another deep breath. "Well, about five or six years ago, there was a house full of werewolves and humans. Kate burned the whole Hale house down, killing everyone inside except for one person, who's name is Peter, the crazed Alpha. Anyways, other than Peter, the only Hale left was Derek, who was Peter's nephew. But Kate broke the code of killing innocents and Peter came after her for killing his family. That was the night I watched Peter slice open Kate's throat right in front of me."

My eyes soften. "I'm so sorry, Allison."

"Don't be," Allison says before straightening up. "If i'm going to be a hunter, or be in the middle, I need to be strong. I can't be a cry baby who needs someone to protect her."

I nod my head slowly. "So have you already had training?"

Allison shakes her head. "No, but my dad is supposed to start that soon. If I had to guess, it'd be sometime completely random."

I don't get to say anything as we pull up to the grave yard, seeing a whole crowd of news reporters and camera men. I widen my eyes as Allison sighs, not wanting to do this.

"This Kate character must have been pretty popular," I state while Allison smiles.

"I guess you can say that," Allison says before getting out of the car and walking up to the graveyard. I follow after her as I walk through the people, glad of how easy this was. I grew angry as Allison tried pushing her way through the crowd, the people shoving cameras and microphones in her face. If I was alive right now I'd be shoving all of these people back.

Allison finally makes it through the crowd of people before heading towards the other group of people, who I suspected being her family. I walked by and stared them all in the face and tried to picture them as werewolf hunters, but couldn't. They all seemed so nice and kind, not a blood thirsty killer.

There was only one who looked suspicious to me. It was an older man who had little to no hair and looked maybe 70 or 80 years old. I couldn't tell. I've always been terrible at guessing ages.

I scan him closely before I watch him walk over to Allison, sticking his hand out to her. "Allison! I haven't seen you since you were a baby girl."

Allison pulls that fake laugh, trying to show that she thought it was funny but in reality had no clue what he was talking about or who he was. I laugh at her as the two shake hands, the man's hands being as wrinkly as a walrus. Allison gives me a look to shut up before I do so.

"You don't remember me, do you?" the man says as Allison widens her eyes.

She shakes her head, trying to show that she didn't want to make him feel bad. "No-No, I remember you-"

"It's Gerard," he says, smiling at her effort. I raise an eyebrow as Allison nods, still not knowing who he was. I zone out of their conversation as they talk about how long it's been; you know, just the usual awkward family talk.

I cross my arms as I turn around, scanning the woods for a possibilty to see Jade. My mind flicks back to the car wreck the night before, remembering her face and smile. It's only been a day and I'm already missing her like crazy. I just wanted to know where she was.

I widen my eyes when I see movement behind one of the grave stones, causing me to look and see Scott and Stiles sitting there. I raised an eyebrow before leaving Allison and walking over to the two boys, wondering why they were here.

"Scott, scoot over," Stiles says, elbowing Scott in the ribs. Scott hisses in pain before doing it back to Stiles.

"I can't. One gravestone is only so big," Scott snaps before he looks back over at Allison. I roll my eyes before Stiles looks over Scott's shoulder.

"Why are we here again?" Stiles asks, raising his eyebrows.

Scott is quiet for a moment. "We're here to keep an eye on Allison, remember?"

Stiles scoffs. "Sure we are. That's just about as true as me saying that Lydia Martin loves me."

Scott turns and looks at Stiles. "What are you saying?"

Stiles rolls his eyes, his hand slapping the gravestone. "I'm saying that we're only here because you like Allison. You practically love her, even though she doesn't see you in that kind of way, but that doesn't mean you aren't acting like your her boyfriend."

Scott scoffs before looking back at Allison. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Stiles widens his eyes. "Seriously Scott? You literally ran over to my house and rambled on and on about her on the first day of school. Something about you giving her a pen-"

"That was months ago," Scott says, trying to cover up the fact that he did like Allison. "I don't feel that way about her anymore."

I could easily tell that he was lying to himself. I mean, who wouldn't like Allison? "Then why are we here right now Scott?"

"To watch over her and make sure she doesn't get hurt-" Scott starts to say before Stiles cuts him off again.

"There are literally three dozen hunters here who I'm pretty sure could take care of her just fine. I'm also pretty sure she can take care of herself, since that seems to be her favorite catch phrase now," Stiles says, his eye twitching a little. "You like her Scott. Just admit it."

Scott growls before looking at his friend. "Fine, I do still like her."

"Hah-" Stiles starts to say before something comes up from behind the two of them. I look up to see the same sheriff from the bridge last night standing there, an annoyed look on his face. He grabs Scott by the shirt and Stiles by the ear as he drags the two away, disappearing into one of the police cars. Looks to me that they weren't supposed to be here.

I sigh before walking back towards Allison, now seeing that she was sitting there alone, staring at the coffin. She seems dazed for a moment before she looks up when she sees me, motioning for me to sit next to her. I do so as I stare at the coffin with her.

"What was that all about?" Allison asks, talking about Scott and Stiles.

I shrug, deciding to act like I didn't know anything about Scott's crush. I mean, I may not know the guy, but I was always going to honor the bro code. And not telling a girl that their bro has a crush on them is rule number one.

"They were keeping an eye on you," I say. "Well, before the sheriff pulled them both away."

Allison laughs. "Those two are idiots, I swear."

I turn and look at Allison. "When did you guys meet anyways?"

Allison stares at the ground for a moment, thinking back to when they first met. "Well, I first met Scott when he gave me a pen in class, since I forgot one. Ever since then, we've been great friends. I honestly don't know where Stiles came from; he was just thrown into the mix one day. We've all been good friends ever since then."

I nod my head. "You guys seem to be pretty close."

Allison nods before is quiet for a moment. She looks at me suddenly before crossing her legs. "So, how did you and your friend meet? Jade, wasn't it?"

I nod my head, thinking back to Jade. "Well, we've always been friends ever since kindergarten. We were both the weird kids in our grade, so we always just stuck together. Whenever she had a problem, she'd come to me first. Same thing with me. We could tell each other anything."

Allison nods, looking interested. "Did you two ever date?"

I shake my head. "No, but she's always had a crush on me. I mean, I like her a lot, but I'm not sure about having her be my girlfriend. I didn't want to ruin the friendship we had."

Allison stares at the ground for a moment. "I know what you mean. I promised myself no boyfriends until college, mostly because I move too much, and I've been doing good so far."

My heart sinks for some reason. "No boyfriends?"

Allison looks at me. "Nope, well, at least not for the time being."

I nod my head slowly, kind of upset for some reason. I didn't even understand why. Allison notices this as she starts to speak again, but before she can say anything, someone walks over to the two of us, casting a shadow. I look up and see a man standing there, a little bit of scruff around his chin.

"Who are you talking to?" he asks as he stares at Allison.

Allison shakes her head, her eyes widening. "What do you mean? I wasn't talking."

The man looks suspicous for a moment before shrugging it off. "The service is about to start."

Allison nods, her curls bouncing on her shoulders. The man's face turns back to grief before he starts to walk off. Allison calls after him. "Dad, are you okay?"

Allison's father turns around. "Yeah, just grieving, that's all."

Allison nods slowly before her father walks off again, leaving the two of us sitting here alone again. I look over to see most of Allison's family start to walk towards the chairs, noticing that the service was about to start. I stand as Allison gives me a look, wondering where I was going.

"I'll come back after the service is over," I state as people start to take their seats. "That way people won't keep asking you who you're talking to."

Allison smiles, causing a warmth inside of my chest. "Don't go too far."

I wink as I slowly back away. "Trust me, I won't."

"So, how did the funeral go?" I say as Allison heads towards her car. Her mascara seemed to of been smeared like she was crying but she tried to hide it from me.

"It was nice," she says before walking around me, getting into the drivers seat. I furrow my eyebrows, confused at her sudden change in tone. I understood that she did just come from a funeral, but it seemed almost as if she was trying to avoid me.

"Allison?" I say as I sit in the passenger seat, watching her wipe her eyes with the back of her hands. My heart drops as she sniffles, looking away from me.

"I-I'm fine," she manages to say, but I can hear the pain in her voice.

I shake my head. "Allison, are you sure?"

She looks at me then, and that's when I see that she was crying still. Mascara streams down her cheeks as she shakes her head, her forehead crinkling up. My eyes soften as I stare at her, not quite prepared to see her like this. I mean, I did only meet her yesterday, but that didn't mean I wouldn't comfort her in a time like this.

She shakes her head as a few tears fall into her curly hair. "I-I try to be strong but I'm not, Corey. My family and my friends think that I'm tough, but I'm not. I don't know what I'm doing and I can't stand to watch people I love die. I-I won't stand here and let any others die, not like Kate."

Allison talks sternly towards the end, but she soon broke down once again. Sobs leave her throat as I lean across the seat, wrapping my arms around her. It was the only thing I knew what to do. Yeah, I've seen girls cry before, but this time seeing Allison, it really hurt me too. I couldn't explain it.

"Allison," I say as she sobs into my shoulder, her nails slightly digging into my back. "I've only known you for not even a day and I can already tell that you're strong. For crying out loud, you punched me. Not very many girls I know would even dare do that. You're not like any girl I've met, Allison, you're one of a kind."

Allison shakes her head. "But I'm not strong. Strong people don't cry-"

I shake my head. "Allison, even the strongest person on earth has cried at least once in their life. Besides, crying doesn't show that you're weak. It shows that you're human and that you feel for others. That's what being strong really is. Being strong is being able to keep a smile on your face, even when you want to break down into tears. And when you can't keep it together anymore, all of those people you were being strong for will be there to help you through it, I promise you that. I'll always be here for you."

Allison sniffles before she smiles faintly, pulling me closer. thanks, Corey. I-I promise you that I'll find a way to bring you back and to find your friend. I swear my life on it."

I shake my head, Jade and bringing me back to life were the least of my worries right now. Yeah, I wanted to find Jade and be alive again, but that didn't matter to me as much right now than the fact that Allison was upset. I could tell that this was the first time she's broken down about everything that's happened to her in the past year, and it only made me even more upset.

Allison pulls away from me then, wiping the tears away from her eyes. She smiles and nods at me as I smile faintly, realizing how much I really did like this girl. It was something I haven't felt before; different than my friendship with Jade and with my ex girlfriend Katlin. I cared about her feelings and her opinions. I noticed the little things about her, like the fact that she had a little dimple on her cheek when she smiled and that her nose crinkled up when she smiled.

I knew then that I would do anything to protect her.

GUYS WHAT'S COREY AND ALLISON'S SHIP NAME BC THEY'RE TOO CUTE

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

24.8K 753 26
Allison Argent has been gone from Beacon Hills for months, dead, and everything has changed. When Allison keeps appearing, and after a almost fatal a...
16.5K 492 25
Allison had died, her death had shook everyone. But the person it shook the most was Alice. She couldn't deal without her best friend, so she did the...
24.6K 513 12
"If it ment living my life all over again with you Hale I would do it in a heart beat," - Carla Argent "I lost you and my daughter once, I don't pla...
596K 11.9K 31
Season 4 (Book 2) Chelsea Argent has been through it all. Ever since her dad left, she has been living with Scott and Melissa McCall. The death of he...