16. Suicide Squad

"Derek is outside waiting for Lydia," Scott says as we walk into some office, myself only following Allison. But what was new there? 

Allison and Stiles walk into the room as Scott shuts the door, Allison turning around and looking at Scott. "Waiting to kill her?"

Scott sighs as he glances at the floor. "If he thinks Lydia is the Kanima, then yes. Especially after what happened at the pool-"

"It's not her," Stiles says, confident in his words. I had respect towards him for having faith in Lydia, but all signs were pointing towards her. She had to be the Kanima.

Scott shakes his head. "She didn't pass the test, man. It's gotta be her..."

"It can't be her," Stiles says again sternly. I sigh as I glance back at Allison, who was looking up at the celling.

"It doesn't matter because Derek thinks it's her," Allison says, stress behind her words. "So either we can convince him it's not her, or we've got to figure out a way to protect her."

Scott nods. "I really don't think he'll do anything here; not at school."

"What about after school?" Allison says, deep concern for her friend. I knew that I probably should be out keeping an eye on Lydia now, but I needed to hear what the game plan was. Plus, I wasn't going to break my promise to Lydia.

Scott sighs as Allison's head falls in her hands. The room is quiet before I speak to Allison. "What if we can prove Derek's wrong?"

Allison looks up at me before she repeats my words. "What if we can figure out how to prove Derek is wrong?"

"What before three o'clock?" Stiles says, his sarcasm showing.

Allison seems frustrated. "There might be something in the Bestiary-"

"Oh yeah? The book that's in Archaic Latin and that none of us know how to translate? Good luck with that." Stiles says, his eyes wide.

Allison thinks for a moment. "Actually, I think I might know someone who could translate it."

Scott nods. "I can try and talk to Derek, if he'll listen...but guys, if anything happens, let me handle it. Got it?"

Allison furrows her eyebrows. "What does that mean?"

"You can't heal like I do," Scott says, staring down at Allison. I could tell that his little crush on Allison was beginning to show. "I just don't want you getting hurt."

Allison gives him a pathetic look before she stands up and grabs her bag, unzipping it as we all watched closely. My heart pounds before she pulls out a crossbow, it unfolding as she lowers it by her side. She glances over at me before smirking slightly, turning back to Scott.

"I can protect myself."

I smile faintly at Allison, glad that she knows how to defend herself, but worried of something going wrong. What if Derek were to get to her and bite her this time? What if Isaac or Erica severely hurt her? I couldn't imagine what I would do to anyone if they ever hurt Allison. I might be dead, but I'll make sure they wake up on the other side with me.

"What?" Allison says as Scott stares at her, confused as to why he was looking at her that way. "Did something happen?"

"I just don't want either of you getting hurt," Scott says, the room almost completely silent. "Seriously, if anything happens, call me, okay? I don't care what your parents do to me. Call, text, scream, yell; I'll get there as fast as I can. I couldn't imagine losing either of you two."

Allison seems flustered for a moment, but she quickly nods her head as she stares at the floor. A part of me felt jealous of Scott, but for the most part I was relieved. I was glad that someone like Scott was there to protect Allison when I wasn't. He was a werewolf and was alive, unlike me. I trusted him to keep her safe.