Second Chances

By amdnjsh

Victoria Patten dies and wakes up in the body of a newly turned Vicki Donovan. Having seen Vampire Diaries, s... More

Prologue
Lost Girls
Haunted
Haunted Part 2
The truth
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Points
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
Let the Right One in
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Gloria
Isobel
Founders Day
New cover!!
Second Chances Part II
The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Soulmate Series
Marcellus
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
By the Light of the Moon
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Dream State
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
Second Chances Part III
Purely Platonic
The Ripper of Nashville
The Birthday
The Hybrid
The End of The Affair
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Numb
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out The Dead
Family Business
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
The Murder Of One
Father Daughter Bonding
Marry Me
Magic From Afar
The Witchy Professor
A View To Kill
The End
Sequel + next books!

There Goes the Neighborhood

14.9K 557 11
By amdnjsh

Season 1 episode 16
Vicki's POV

I'm at Mattys having breakfast with him, catching up.

"Hey mom?" He sets down his orange juice and looks into the living room. "Mom."

He sighs and walks over to her bedroom door, knocking three times. "Hey, mom."

The door opens and she walks out in a robe. "What? I'm trying to sleep."

"Uh, I was just making sure you were alive."

"I'm sorry sweetie. It was a late night. My head is throbbing."

She leaves the room and walks over to the kitchen, right where I'm sitting.

"Yeah, um. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't bring the party home. And I'm pretty sure the neighbors would appreciate it, too."

She sits down next to me. "Hey sweetie." She says to me. I roll my eyes and take another sip of my coffee.

She sighs and looks back at Matt. "It wasn't a party. It was one guy. Don't be so judgy."

"We aren't being judgy. We just thought that you respected your son enough that you wouldn't bring a random guy home and have sex with him in the house." I snark. I stand up, placing my mug in the sink and give Matt a kiss on the cheek before heading out. "Love you, Matty. See you later!"

"Bye Vik!" I hear him say back.

I pass by Caroline on the way to my car.

"Hey Care! Look, my moms in there, don't take her attitude personally."

"Thanks Vicki." I get in my car and drive.

I get to the boarding house and pour myself a drink, waiting for Damon to come downstairs.

Pearl and Anna walk in and sits down. I raise a brow and look at her.

"You're Pearl."

She turns her head to look at me, quite elegantly I might add. "And you are?"

"One of the witches that opened the tomb. I need to discuss something with you. Quite the coincidence that you are here."

"And what matter would you need to speak about?"

"Your little house of vampires. Fredrick to be exact. He's trouble. He's going to go after the Salvatore's and if you don't kill him, we will."

She speeds up to me and slams me against the wall, a tight grip on my neck. "Why do you think that you can order me around?"

I cast an aneurysm spell and she releases her hold of me. "I've seen visions. I've also seen you die. But if you aren't willing to make a deal, well, I guess I'll see you in hell then."

I walk back over to my drink and knock the drink back, the bourbon burning my throat a bit.

"If I promise to keep him reigned in, will you give me information on my death?"

"Yes." I hold out my hand. She hesitates but shakes it. "John Gilbert, Elena Gilbert's uncle. He kills you and your daughter. You'll probably want to stay away from him. He'll do it at your residence in a few days I believe."

"Thank you."

Damon walks in, raising an eyebrow and looking between us two. His eyes ask a silent question.

I smile at him. "I'm okay. I can handle myself."

"I know you can." He smirks.

"I'll wait upstairs." I kiss him and walk up to his bedroom, plopping onto his bed.

I grab the book that I left on his nightstand and start to read while I wait. After about ten minutes, he walks in.

"She can't help you find Katherine. You can't trust her about that."

He comes and lays down next to me. He sighs. "I know."

We stayed in bed just talking for a while until we decided to go to the Mystic Grill for dinner and a few drinks.

We sat down at a booth and ordered our meals. I just got a milkshake and fries while Damon ordered a burger. He said he didn't want fries but he kept stealing mine so I don't know why he didn't just get his own!

A little while later, we finished eating and moved over to the bar.

I've compelled the bartender to always give me drinks without having to see an ID. I'm pretty proud of myself.

"Glass of red wine please."

"Bourbon, neat."

I roll my eyes. "Please."

He turns to me with a look in his eyes.

"What!? At least be a little more polite." I grumbled.

After a lot of glasses, I was thoroughly tipsy. Just as I was about to order another, I see Jenna walk in.

I wave to her. "Jenna! Come over here!"

She chuckles and walks over. "Hey Vicki. Are you drunk?"

"Not yet." I giggle. "Join us!"

"Uh, I shouldn't. I'm supposed to be responsible now."

"Take a night off! It's good for the soul."

Damon leans his head on his hand and looks over. "Great for the soul." He agrees.

She smiles and put her purse on the back of her seat, sitting down.

I secretly ordered tequila shots a bit ago, and the bartender is finally beginning to pour them in front of us.

Jenna looks at them and groans. "This is not gonna end well."

"Can't wait." I say.

We pick up our shots, clinking them together and downing them. I welcome the burning down my throat and sigh. That is some good tequila.

Only after we have gotten very drunk is when I've noticed the double date going on on the other side of the restaurant. Elena, Stefan, Caroline, and my brother!

Awkward!

They are playing pool.

Damon starts to get soppy so I set up more shots for us, all three of us throwing them back smoothly.

Jenna jumps to my side. "Quick, hide. We're not here."

"Huh?" I slur.

"Children under our care at 5:00."

"Oh yeah! I saw them earlier." I giggle. "Double date." I turn to Damon. "We should do one of those, looks like fun."

He gasps. "Are you asking me out Miss Donovan? I'm flattered."

I sigh. "Never mind."

He smirks and hands me another shot. "My lady." He says dramatically.

"Thank you kind sir!" I say in a posh accent and try to curtsy while still sitting in my chair.

He then pulls out a cherry and places it in front of my mouth. I bite it off, the sweet taste filling my mouth. He proceeds to place the stem in his, I presume to tie it with his tongue.

"Ah ah ah. I believe I know something else you can do with your mouth Mr. Salvatore." I smirk.

He smirks back. "Mind refreshing my memory?" I giggle and lean forward.

"And that would be my cue."

I turn away and face Jenna. "Party pooper." I pout.

She chuckles. "See you guys." She grabs her purse and coat and heads out.

I turn back to Damon. "Where were we?"

We end up back at the boarding house. We stumble in, not able to keep our hands off of each other. He places his fingers on my thighs and taps. I jump up and he speeds us to the wall, pressing me against it with our lips still attached.

"Vicki?" We separate and I she Matt and the others.

"Damon?"

He puts me down and I quickly fix my shirt and hair.

"Matty. Um. Well this is awkward." I look back at Damon. "I'll be upstairs." I quickly run up the stairs and flip onto his bed.

A while later, he joins me and we finish what we started. Only this time, without any interruptions.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

711K 13.2K 66
Before you read the summary of this book I would like you all to know that there is a NEW VERSION of this book that has a better plotline, more origi...
7.5K 644 19
𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐁 | ❝If I told you about the darkness inside of me would you still look at me as if I was the sun?❞ Hazel Gilbert...
49K 2.3K 14
Annie was reborn to a life she never thought possible Finn x Oc x Kol Please note I do not own the vampire diaries or the original, and not everythin...
408K 8.7K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...