Until Death Do Us Part || Hun...

Por bobbcat776

(Y/n) (L/n), the dedicated pupil of a powerful witch and the head student of the beastkeeping track at Hexsid... Más

2 ~ But This Is My Home
3 ~ Little Miss Prodigy
4 ~ Easy A
5 ~ Classic
6 ~ Silver Linings
7 ~ I've Been Having Dreams
8 ~ Splashing In A Summer Stream
9 ~ Trip and I Fall In
10 ~ I Wanted It To Happen
11 ~ My Body Turns To Ice
12 ~ Crushing Weight Of Paradise
13 ~ Solid Block Of Gold
14 ~ Lying In The Cold
15 ~ I Feel Right At Home
16 ~ Nifty Preperations
17 ~ How Enchanting
18 ~ You're Kidding, Right?
19 ~ And I Would Walk 500 Miles
20~ And I Would Walk 500 More...
21 ~ That's Ludicrous!
22 ~ It's You...
23 ~ I Promise
24 ~ Failing Raid
25 ~ The Agony of a Witch
26 ~ She Deserves It
27 ~ Setting Sail
28 ~ Going Behind His Back
29 ~ Hunting Down a Remedy
30 ~ Running Up The Streets
31 ~ Please
32 ~ Thank You
33 ~ Following Down Stream
34 ~ Everyone Has A Use
35 ~ I'll Be Useful
36 ~ A Violent Rematch
37 ~ Healing
38 ~ Fallen Down
39 ~ Lilith
40 ~ Any Sport
41 ~ Feeling Hollow
42 ~ Memories Best Left Forgotten
43 ~ We Need To Go Deeper
44 ~ The Soldier
45 ~ I'm Home
46 ~ Run
47 ~ Where Do We Go?
48 ~ A Labyrinth With No Exit
49 ~ Train of Thought
50 ~ Cloudy Horizons
51 ~ Seven Feet Over Head
52 ~ The Night The Sky Turned Red
53 ~ Home?
54 ~ A Witch Hunter and His Lover
55 ~ Something To Pass The Time
56 ~ What's The Matter, Witch Hunter?
57 ~ Found You
58 ~ Trick or Treat
59 ~ To Lose A Friend
60 ~ Yet To Find Another
61 ~ Safe Haven?
62 ~ It's Okay
63 ~ Nightmarish Visions
64 ~ Their Happily Ever After
65 ~ So He IS Good With Kids...

1 ~ Ruthless Foolery

22K 346 1.1K
Por bobbcat776

It always starts the same way—I'm running with an unknown person through a field of sorts. We're holding hands, but I don't know who they are.
The dream is hazy and I can't make out what they look like.

We're running happily, hand in hand, frolicking in the fields until we abruptly stop for some reason.

And then, I wake up...

————————————————————————

"Come on! I know you can do better than that, (Y/n)!" Her mentor scoffed. The mentor's dark blue hair swayed in the wind as her vibrant cyan eyes watched her apprentice duel in the arena below.

(Y/n) skidded across the dirt, exhausted and out of breath, huffing and puffing. But before she could catch her breath, a sharp, purple abomination spike was sent her way, aiming for her head.
Her eyes widened in surprise as she swiftly drew an orange circle with her index finger, casting a defensive spell to create a shield.

In the midst of her quick motion, the abomination spike cut through the sleeve of her orange Hexside uniform.

But luckily, she was able to conjure the shield just in time.

The abomination spike stabbed at the shield, cracking it, but not penetrating it.

Her opponent, a green haired girl, smirked as she watched (Y/n)'s orange shield crack.

"Agh!" (Y/n) grunted as she tried her hardest to keep the shield up. "Fuck," She mumbled under her breath, straining her magic to keep the shield up. Her arm stung, but only a little.

(Y/n)'s opponent was her equal. She was younger, but worked twice as hard. She met her at her level. The green haired girl was sure to win this witches duel.

But (Y/n) wouldn't give up.

Think (Y/n), think! Come on! Ugh! She screamed to herself.

The shield broke, throwing (Y/n) down and sending her tumbling across the floor of the arena.

"Aahgh," She groaned.

The green haired girl casted a magenta circle spell, "Abomination, rise!" She said.

A goopy purple monster rose from a glowing magenta circle on the ground.

(Y/n) gasped, leaping up from the ground and standing in a defensive position.
She pointed her index fingers out and casted a large orange circle spell using both her hands. She summoned a Peryton, a mythical hybrid of a deer and a bird.

The winged deer flew out of the orange circle and stood in front of its owner.

The Peryton's name was Ruth, a name meaning "compassionate friend" from its origins. But right now, Ruth wasn't going to be compassionate towards the green haired girl.

"Abomination, fight!" The green haired girl commanded, throwing her arms forward and sending the abomination on the offensive.

"Ruth!" Was all (Y/n) had to say.

And thus, Ruth charged at the on coming abomination, immediately stabbing its antlers through the purple monster of goop.

The abomination turned to a puddle and the green haired girl promptly began to cower.
Her abomination had been destroyed! That was really her only means of defense.

Ruth took one step towards the cowering girl, the girl stepped back. With every step Ruth took forward, the green haired girl took one back. She backed up until she hit the wall and fell to her bum. Her amber eyes were wide with fear.

(Y/n) walked up to her opponent, standing beside Ruth. "Any white flags?" She asked smugly, crossing her arms and smirking at the girl.

"Never." She growled, angrily glaring at (Y/n).

The (h/c) girl looked at her mockingly. "Oh, is that so?" She waved her finger, drawing an orange circle.

The circle acted as a command. And with this command, Ruth raised his hoof and stamped it on the ground, cracking the ground beneath it as a warning.

Ruth raised his hoof once again, this time, aiming to stamp on the green haired girl's head.

"AH!" She yelled in fear, "I surrender! I surrender! Please!"

(Y/n) nodded and waved her hand, making Ruth back away from the cowering girl.

Once the witches duel was over, (Y/n) offered her hand to help her former opponent up.

The green haired girl glared at her, bitterly, through shining amber eyes and smacked (Y/n)'s hand away. "I don't need your pity." She scoffed.

"Hey, come on, you fought well! And besides," (Y/n) walked over to Ruth, "Ruth would never hurt you! He's just a big baby-"

Ruth promptly rolled onto his back, indicating he wanted belly rubs.

"Oh who's a little fawn? Who's a little fawn??" (Y/n) cooed, rubbing the Peryton's belly. Ruth's wings flapped happily and his small tail wagged.

"Ahem," Her blue haired mentor spoke. (Y/n) quickly waved her hand and made Ruth disappear. "That was an impressive fight, girls." The mentor said, descending from the lip of the dueling pit.

"Thank you, Ms. Lilith." Both of the young witches said as they bowed before their mentor.

"Now, you're probably wondering why I have brought you two here, to duel against one another. Chances are, you most-likely don't even know each other." The young witches nod in unison. "You are both my strongest protégés. But unfortunately, the Emperor's Coven only has one spot."

Is... is she implying what I think she's implying? (Y/n) thought to herself.

"Miss Blight, you have demonstrated extraordinary strength and expertise in your field of study." Ms. Lilith said, earning a grateful nod from the green haired girl. "And Miss (L/n)," The aforementioned's ears perked up and she listened intently. "You've demonstrated tremendous wit and very swift thinking on your feet. That is the sort of witch we want in the Emperor's Coven."

Miss Blight's face dropped. And (Y/n)'s jaw did the same.

"(Y/n) (L/n), I would be proud to declare you the winner of this witches duel and my new disciple in the Emperor's Coven!" She pronounced grandly.

(Y/n) couldn't believe it. All her life, she'd been wanting to join the Emperor's Coven to serve under the revered Emperor, and now, she would!

"W-wow! I- I can't believe it! You're.. you're serious?" She asked with the biggest grin.

Lilith nodded.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" (Y/n) jumped up and down, struggling to contain her excitement. "Thank you, Miss Lilith! Thank you!"

She ran up to her mentor, wrapping her arms around her and embracing her in a tight hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! Ohh, I'm so excited!" She squealed.

Lilith's face was overcome with a warm smile. Seeing (Y/n) so happy was something she didn't know she needed.
She watched her apprentice jump around, proudly with a maternal sense of pride in her smile.

"(Y/n), would you like to go gather your things from the orphanage while I talk with Amity?"

Amity. Is that her name? (Y/n) asked herself. She'd heard of Amity around school. The top student of Hexside.

Amity began to sweat.

(Y/n) nodded and exited the arena. She waited outside the main doors on the steps.

She felt bad and wanted to talk with Amity. Tell her she fought well.

So she sat on the stairs and waited. She waited until the doors flew open and there stood an enraged Amity.

"You!" She grunted, pointing at (Y/n).

"Me." (Y/n) reaffirmed.

"You don't deserve that spot in the Emperor's Coven!" (Y/n) hated to admit it, but she was hurt by the green haired girl's words. "You made me look like a fool in front of Lilith!"

Her voice was filled with dread and hurt. She was holding back resentful tears.

"First the human, now you! There's no way they'll want me in the Emperor's coven now!"

(Y/n) was about to speak before she interrupted her and continued to yell.

"I have worked my whole life to get to the top!"

(Y/n) glared at her, now offended. "And you think I haven't? Amity, I'm the top student of the Beast Keeping Track for a reason!"

"And I'm the top student of the school! But you and your dirty tactics! Argh!!" She yelled, frustrated.

"Listen, we're both good at what we do. You with your abominations, me with beast keeping. You fought really well. Like Lilith said, we're both strong and we're both smart. I just so happened to find your weakness. And in any other situation, you probably could've found mine." (Y/n) put her hand on her shoulder and offered her a reassuring smile. "We both deserve a spot in the Emperor's coven. This duel proved that."

Amity scoffed and shrugged (Y/n)'s hand off her shoulder.

"Whatever. We'll have a rematch some day and I will beat you." She said with bitterness in her tone. The green haired girl stomped down the stairs and began to walk away.

(Y/n) watched her walk into the distance before she heard the doors behind her open. "Ah, there she is! My new disciple! Have you gathered your things yet?"

"No, not yet. I'll go get them now." (Y/n) said before she began running to her home.

She ran quickly, each step fueled by glee.

The familiar building came into view, her home, the orphanage.

She climbed the steps to the main door and pushed open the heavy oak.

"(Y/n)!" A young boy called out, running up to her and hugging her tightly around the waist. The boy was tall for his age, about up to (Y/n)'s chest. He was 5.
The boy had pale blue skin with matching blue eyes and pointy green tipped horns.

"Emmie!" (Y/n) cheered, hugging the young boy back.

"How was the duel, (Y/n)? Emmett's been dying to hear about it!" An older witch, around 60, walked out of the hallway. She was pale and had grey hair. She was the woman who ran the orphanage, a kind elderly woman who took in any children in need of a home.

"It went amazing, Ms. Adeline! I won and- and now I've been chosen to serve in the Emperor's Coven!" She cheered, shocking both the elderly woman and the young boy.

"Really!" They both asked. Adeline was surprised and happy, Emmett was shocked and upset.

"Does.. this mean you're going to leave us?" He asked, sadly.

"I- oh.. I guess I hadn't thought about that..."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

12.1K 444 19
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/73UnmeSszK5TZLPFArx7sF?si=0913035db1fe46ff "If I joined the Emperor's Coven, could we kiss?" Y/N doesn't consider t...
40.9K 969 16
[DISCONTINUED] You are y/n, a young and mysterious witch, who serves Emperor Belos as a member of the Abomination coven. However, you hold a secret...
4.6K 174 64
This Hunter toh x shy!fem!human!reader headcanons, drabbles and Oneshots I requested! 💖 Credits to favorite and wonderful Tumblr bloggers are who wr...
50.4K 1.3K 44
You play as (Y/N), a young witch in the Emperor's Coven who enjoys practicing magic, looking intimidating, and most importantly, annoying your least...