Mending Her Soul

By Swarmayi

• Winner - The Rose Awards 2022 • 1st Runner Up - The Hawa Mahal Awards 2022 • Cover credit - @_littlebitcraz... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Cover
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Cover 2
Hey There!

Epilogue

6.4K 462 176
By Swarmayi

Hello there!

Did you expect me to be this early? No right? *Grinning*

But I am here. Not early but late. *Smiling sheepishly*

Your SURPRISE was supposed to be published by yesterday night but I couldn't. Solly!

But as a compensation, you will get a longest ever epilogue. More than 10K words. I hope you would like it and won't get bored. I have written this story after a long time so.. Apologies in advance if it doesn't reach to your expectations.

Anyways, I will stop my bakbak now. Enjoy. Happy reading!

__________________________________

The door bell of Malhotra Mansion rang and a butler opened the door. Manik entered inside with a tired face. He kept the blazer aside and dropped himself on the couch. A glass of water came infront of him and he opened his eyes without looking at the person.

"Thanks Nandi- Maa?" Manik was surprised looking at his mother who smiled at him warmly.

"Surprise." Said Niyonika. Manik hugged her quickly.

"Aap kab aaye? Why didn't you inform? I would have come to pick you up. Aur Dad kaha hai?" Asked Manik. Niyonika settled beside him breaking the hug. Manik drank his water in between.

"Aaj dopeher ko aayi hu. Raj would come back in couple of the days. Kuch kaam baki hai. But I was missing my babies and couldn't stay away anymore so here I am. Aur tumhe iss liye nahi bataya kyu ki surprise dena tha! Samjhe?" Said Niyonika ruffling his hairs. Manik whined.

"Maa! Don't ruin my hairs na." Niyonika laughed.

Niyonika and Raj were out of country as Raj had to leave Australia for some office work and his stay was long. So Niyonika also accompanied him.

"Nandini kaha hai?"

"Yahan!" Before Niyonika could reply, Manik heard her voice and looked at her. There she stood with a beautiful smile holding a tray of snacks.

"Tadaa! Presenting, Nandini special- garma garam palak pakore and aloo tikki!" Exclaimed Nandini while coming forward and placing the tray on table. Niyonika shook her head smiling while Manik gave her impressed look.

"Woah! That's looking yummy. Let me take some pictures." Saying this Manik took out his phone and captured some images of snacks from various angles.

"Why snaps? Aap khayenge nahi?" Asked Nandini.

"What do you mean? Yeh sab mera hai. Pura ka pura." Said Manik while grabbing the pakore. Nandini raised her brows.

"Arey voh pics, Cabir ke liye. Usey bhej di hai. It's so much fun to tease him. Bhukkad kahika. I swear now he will get hungry and cry like baby just by looking at these photos. Bechari Navya ko tang karega ab." Said Manik laughing. Niyonika hitted his hand.

"Badmash! Kyu ched raha hai usey? He is in the marriage. God knows voh ab Navya ko uski friend ki shaadi mei rukne dega bhi ya nahi." Said Niyonika. Manik was enjoying fully. Nandini shook her head at his antics.

It's been a year since Cabir and Navya got married. They were attending the marriage of Navya's close friend in Kolkata.

"Manik! Aap bhi na! Bachhe ho bilkul." Said Nandini serving herself and Niyonika.

"Aur nahi toh kya? Ab khudke bachhe hone ka time aagaya hai. Still behaves like this." Said Niyonika looking at them with a teasing smile. Nandini's cheeks heated while Manik just looked at Nandini and then at his mother who was giving him mischievous smile. He smiled sheepishly before digging his head in his plate.

"Kyu Nandu? Sahi kaha na maine?" Nandini didn't look at her just shook her head before running inside to get the water. Niyonika giggled.

"Maa! Aap bhi na!"

"Main bhi kya? Tum batao mujhe! Kab dadi bana rahe ho? I want to play with little manik or nandini." Manik wiped his face and drank water. He got up from his place and looked at Niyonika seriously.

"Woh.. Actually... Process is going on, Maa. I will try and try and try my best until we get the result." Said Manik dramatically. Niyonika widened her eyes hearing him.

"Manik! Besharam!" Niyonika was about to hit him but he laughed loudly while running towards his room.

Shaking her head in disbelief, she continued eating her snacks while watching tv.

__________________________________

"Cabir ka phone aaya tha. Oh god! He was such a kid. Keh raha tha, ki usey vaha tak khushboo aa rahi hai. Stupid. Navya must be had hard time I tell you. Wedding functions are over. Kal dopeher ko unki flight hai. They will reach home by night." Said Manik while settling on bed beside Nandini. She circled her arms around his waist and kept her head on his chest. He took her in his embrace. Nandini closed her eyes snuggling more into him.

Manik looked down at her and pecked her head.

"Honey?"

"Hmm.."

"What happened?"

"Nothing Manik."

"Here, look at me." Said Manik while raising her face by his hand. Nandini looked at him but kept silent. He caressed her cheek by his thumb gently.

"What's wrong, baby? You okay?" Nandini nodded in yes but looked down. Manik cupped her face.

"I know something is bothering you. Batao kya hua?" Nandini looked at him and said after few seconds.

"Maa ka phone aaya tha kuch der pehle." Manik looked alert hearing her.

"What did she say?" Asked Manik. Nandini was playing with his fingers.

"Rishu is coming back. Day after tomorrow." Said Nandini. Manik who was tensed few minutes before, smiled hearing her.

"What? Really? That's a great news. We will go to receive him on airport. What's say?" Said Manik getting excited. Nandini nodded silently. Manik frowned.

"Nandini? Kya hua hai? Tum khush nahi ho? Your brother is coming after two long years." He asked looking at her confused. She looked at him with moist eyes.

"I am happy. But.."

"But what?"

"What if Maa forgets me again after his return? Will- will she change like before? Do I loose my maa again, Manik?" Asked Nandini sobbing a bit. Manik sighed understanding her insecurities. He took her in his embrace who clutched him tightly.

"Nandini! Honey! Why do you think like that? It was all the past and it is over. Maa loves you, baby. She won't ever forget you. Even if Rishab returned." Said Manik consoling her but somewhere he was also tensed.

After long time, Nandini has recovered fully. He didn't want any stress or heartbreaks for her. They were leading a happy life and he wished to stay happy with his wife forever.

"Pakka na, Manik?"

"Yes honey. Pakka. Don't you trust me? I won't let anyone hurt my Nandini again."

"I trust you the most, Manik. Humesha." Said Nandini and kissed his cheek. Manik's lips curved into the bright smile. He kissed on her forehead and took her in his embrace.

"Sleep baby. Everything will be fine. I promise." Said Manik and both drifted into the deep slumber.

______________________________________

"Ritesh! Kya kar rahe hai aap? Hurry up. We need to leave. His flight will land. God! You take time to get ready more than ladies." Said Ishani running in whole house while doing preparations for her loving son. Ritesh shook his head.

"I am all ready. It's you only who's running in house every now and then. Ab late nahi ho raha?" Asked Ritesh. Ishani glared at him.

"Haan haan. Main hi late karti hu. Duniya bhar ka time aap make up karne mei lagate hai toh mujhe hi saare kaam karne padte hai na. Let Nandu come. I am gonna complain about you. Her dearest papa never ever help me. How much I will do alone? Hadd hoti-" before she could complete her rants Ritesh made her sit on couch and forwarded a glass of water. Ishani raised her brows.

"Pee lo. Baat tum kar rahi ho, par BP mera badh raha hai. Shaanti milegi thori." Teased Ritesh. Ishani huffed and had some water.

"Better?" He asked. Ishani nodded.

"Good. Now let's leave. Tumhari complaints ka baad mei dekhenge pehle humare laad saab ko receive karle." Said Ritesh walking towards the door along with her. She glared at him.

"Don't say anything to my baby."

"Yeah yeah right. Your baby engineer. Chalo ab." And both get inside the car driving towards airport.

"Ritesh! Nandu ko phone hi nei kiya maine. Aapse koi baat hui?" Ishani asked worriedly.

"Haan. Manik ka call aaya tha. They will be coming to receive Rishu as well." Said Ritesh. Ishani nodded and dialled her number. Nandini received her call.

"Hello Betu! Kaisi ho tum? Aur ghar mei baki sab."

"Maa! I am good and everyone else too. Aap batao? Have you left from home?"

"Yes. We are good. Will reach in few minutes. What about you?"

"Hum bas nikal hi rahe hai, Maa. Manik had an important meeting. He just came finishing it. After freshening up, we will leave."

"Okay. No problem. Be safe. We will be waiting."

"Ji Maa."

"Nandu?"

"Haan Maa?"

"Tu theek hai na bachha?"

"Yes Maa. I am perfectly fine. Don't worry."

"Are you sure?"

"Haan maa. Pakka. Ab main rakhu phone? Manik ready hogaye hai. We will leave now."

"Okay. Bye. Take care." Said Ishani.

"Bye Maa."

"Aur suno.." Ishani spoke before Nandini could end the call.

"Ji Maa?"

"Maa loves you." She said softly. There was a silence. After few seconds Nandini replied.

"I love you too, Maa. Bye." And call ended. Ishani looked at phone for sometime. Ritesh observed that.

"What happened, Ishani? Princess is fine na?" Ishani nodded looking at him.

"Yeah. She is fine. That's what she said." Said Ishani last part audible to herself.

______________________________________

"Maa!" Nandini exclaimed looking at Ishani on the airport. Ishani turned hearing her voice and smiled while opening her arms. Nandini ran towards her while Manik shook his head walking towards them. He greeted both of Nandini's parents and stood aside adoring his little wife. Little? Yeah. She is. He chuckled thinking about her antics.

Nandini hugged her mother tightly which was reciprocated by Ishani. Breaking the hug, Ishani kissed her forehead. Nandini felt her eyes moistening. It can be the last time she was feeling her mother's warmth. Her love. Who knows?

Her thoughts broke when she was pulled in an another tight hug. It was Ritesh.

"Saara pyaar Maa ke liye bas? I am here too, princess." Said Ritesh while hugging her. Nandini giggled.

"Always the jealous one." Ishani said while making faces. Ritesh glared at her.

"How can I forget you, papa? But I missed Maa the most. Aapse toh mili thi kuch din pehle. Unse kitne dino baad mil rahi hu. Right Maa?" Breaking the hug, Nandini went towards Ishani and took her in a side hug while looking at Ritesh. He faked a glare.

"Right betu!"

"Haan haan. Maa-Betu stood against me, let my son come then I will show you." Nandini and Ishani hi-fied when they heard a voice.

"Maaaaaaaaaa!" Everyone turned and looked at the source. There stood Rishab Murty grinning at them widely. Ishani's eyes turned moist and she ran towards him leaving Nandini's hand. Rishab hugged his mother while Ritesh also joined them.

Manik looked at Nandini who kept standing there looking at the hand which was held by her mother. Her face pale. Manik went near her and shook her gently.

"Nandini?" She snapped her head towards him.

"Huh?"

"Rishab aagaya. Let's meet him." Said Manik carefully observing her. She nodded and immediately smiled.

Ishani was caressing Rishab's face while crying.

"Maa! I am here no? Why are you crying now?"

"Tu nahi samjhega. How does a mother feels when her child is away from her." Said Ishani. Nandini and Manik joined them.

"I missed you too, Maa. Especially your handmade food. I hate the food over there. Uggh. No taste." Said Rishab. Ritesh laughed.

"Now you understood? That's why I used to scold you when you showed tantrums eating homemade food." Said Ritesh. Rishab raised his hands in surrender and held his one ear muttering a quick sorry. His sight went towards manan and he got excited.

"Diiiiiiiiii/ Jijuuuuu!!!" Nandini moved ahead and hugged him. She then kissed his cheek on which he made faces.

"Diiiii! Don't kiss me no! I am not a baby." Nandini and everyone laughed.

"Yes you are. How are you?" Rishab ruffled his hairs in a style and flaunted.

"Hot and handsome." Everyone again laughed while Nandini hits his head.

"In your dreams." Rishab laughed and took her in his embrace.

"But you do look bold and beautiful than before. Isn't it jiju? What's the secret." Winked Rishab. Nandini glared at him.

"Tere jiju ka pyaar is the secret." Said Ritesh while both hi-fied. Nandini's cheeks flushed red. Ishani adored her family. Manik chuckled.

"Okay that's enough. Stop teasing us and tell about you. How many?" Asked Manik. Rishab got confused.

"What?"

"Come on, dude. You can tell me."

"About what?"

"Your girlfriends."

"GIRLFRIENDS????????" Rishab shouted in shock. Manik looked at Nandini and winked she giggled but faked a shock.

"Hawww! Girlfriends? Girlfriendsssss? Ssssss? Matlab kitne? 2, 4, 8, 10, 12...?"

"What? 12? Nooo diii aap-"

"Don't tell me usse jyada hai, Rishab." Manik intervened in between faking a shock. Ishani and Ritesh were enjoying the fun.

"Maaaaa!" Rishab whined.

"Achha enough. Don't trouble my son. Only his girlfriends can do that. Hai na beta?" Everyone laughed hearing Ishani while Rishab looked at her with an open mouth.

"Maaaa! You too? No one loves me here." Rishab exclaimed stomping his feet.

"We all love youuuu." Shouted the all four and they had a family hug while laughing.

_____________________________________

"Maaa! Enough. Bas hogaya. Pure do saal ka khana aaj hi khilwaogi kya? I am full." Rishab was horrified looking at his overloaded plate. All his favorite items were made by Ishani.

"I don't wanna hear anything. Look at yourself. Kitna dubla hogaya hai. Now I will make you eat all healthy food daily. Chup chap khaa le varna pitega." Said Ishani filling his plate. Manik, Nandini and Ritesh was also seated and having their dinner. Nandini was silent all the time which didn't go unnoticed by them.

"Arey Nandu! Tu kuch khaa kyu nahi rahi princess?" Ritesh asked. Everyone looked at her. She faked a smile.

"N-No papa. I am having. See." Said Nandini dipping her naan in a curry but Ishani stopped her.

"Betu! Tu mashrooms kab se khane lagi. You don't like it na?" She asked holding her hand. Nandini smiled faintly.

"I-Its okay, Maa. I can have the curry."

"Offo! Koi jarurat nahi hai. Here, take this. I have made your favorite puri aloo and chole. Dessert mei Aamras bhi banaya hai. Tujhe pasand hai na?" Asked Ishani while caressing her hairs lovingly. Nandini's chin wobbled and next second she hugged her mother from her waist sobbing badly. This made everyone worried and in no time she was surrounded by them.

"Diii! What happened?"

"Nandini! You okay, baby?"

"Princess, hua kya hai? Kyu ro rahe ho?" Rishab, Manik and Ritesh bombarded their questions. Ishani who was holding her in her embrace, signed them and they backed off.

Breaking the hug, Ishani wiped her whole face lovingly and kissed her forehead.

"Kya hua meri betu ko? Emotional?" Nandini nodded her head while sniffing. Ishani smiled and sat beside her.

"Koi baat nahi. Maa hain na. Achha, today I will feed my baby with my own hands. Chalega?" Nandini immediately bobbed her head in yes making everyone smile. Rishab tried to change the environment.

"Kyaa yaar dii! Attention seeker ho aap. 2 saal baad main ghar aaya hu aur pampering aapka ho raha hai. So much injustice." Nandini showed him her tongue and continued eating with her mother's hand. Manik let out a sigh of relief seeing her back to normal while everyone again continued their dinner.

After dinner, Manan left for Malhotra Mansion while everyone else retired to their rooms.

"Nandu was looking different. She cried suddenly. Sab kuch thik toh hoga na? Is there any problem going on in their home?" Ritesh expressed his worry near his wife who was ready to sleep. Ishani shook her head smiling a bit.

"She was scared."

"Scared of what?"

"Loosing her mother again. She thought I would ignore her presence like before since Rishu returned. Usey laga I won't love her anymore. Darr gayi thi meri bachhi. That's why when I gave her favorites to her she couldn't control her emotions. Bol nahi pati hai voh, Ritesh. But this time, I understood her unsaid words." Said Ishani as few tears escaped from her eyes. Ritesh took her in a side hug.

"It is okay. Everything is fine."

"It has to be. Main ab kuch galat hone hi nahi dungi. Never." Said Ishani with a determination. Ritesh smiled and nodded. Soon enough they drifted into the sleep.

_____________________________________

Nandini was hugging Manik and he was holding her in his embrace while sleeping.

"Honey?"

"Hmm?"

"You okay na?"

Nandini looked at Manik and give her innocent sweet smile making him chuckle. He hits his head with hers playfully.

"Mad girl. You scared me."

"Sorry. But I was scared thinking that Maa... Maa would forget me as Rishu returned but she didn't. I... I.. wasn't ready for that."

"I told you right! But no! Madam has to be negative and stress herself."

"I didn't stre-"

"Shut up. I better know that. So don't you dare." Nandini pouted looking at who looked at her seriously.

"Solly naa." She whined. Manik flickered her nose with his finger.

"I call you right. Baby. You're a baby. My baby wife." Nandini frowned cutely.

"No. I am not baby."

"Ofcourse you are. Ab dekho aankhe badi badi karke mujhe dekhogi aur then.. bachho ki tarah rona shuru. You're a baby."

"Ji nahi. Neither I am a baby nor I will cry."

"Achha? Tum pakka nahi rogi? But I can already see your tears which are gonna fall on your cute cheeks."

"Manik! I am not crying. I said na. I will not cry. I am not a baby." Nandini threw her hands in air while shouting loudly. Manik laughed.

"See! Now you're even behaving like the one. Bachho ki tarah chikhna-chillana. Good. Carry on. You're close to cry. Abhi 2 min mei rone wali ho I bet."

"Manik! Aap bahot bure ho! I am not talking to you." Shouted Nandini getting hell irritated. Manik laughed.

"Dekha. Ab bachhon ki tarah katti bhi karli. Now just a minute and you are all ready to cry."

Nandini turned her face away. He shifted closer to her on which she shifted away. Manik could hear few sniffles. He chuckled.

"And here I prove my theorem right! My wife is a baby." Said Manik pulling Nandini over him who's nose turned red due to sniffing. Manik wiped the corner of her eyes.

"Haan toh kyu ho baby ke sath? Go away." Said Nandini wriggling in his hold but Manik wasn't ready to let her go.

"Vahi toh nahi kar sakta. Now ask me why?"

"Why?" She snapped at him. Manik chuckled and whispered before taking her lips in his.

"Because I love my baby alot." And Nandini melted in his arms. The room filled with their moans and groans as they had a passionate night.

_____________________________________

5 Years Later -

Niyonika was sitting on a couch with Raj when someone came from behind and closed her eyes. She smiled.

"Ohho! Raj! Kisine toh meri aakhen band karli. How will I see now? Who's this naughty bug?"

"Meeee ishh Ammu, nolt aughtie bug, dadi." ( Me is Ammu, not naughty bug dadi.) Said a little baby girl of 4 years. Raj laughed and picked her up in his arms.

"Meri Ammu darling! What are you doing?" Asked Raj. Suddenly she widened her cute little eyes and put palm on mouth.

"Mumma ishh coming with ganda milt. Dadu chupao!" Little Ammu said while getting down from his lap. Niyonika shook her head.

"Bilkul apne papa pe gayi hai. I had to forcefully make him drink the milk and now-"

"Ammu! Ammuuuuu! Come out, baby. Kaha chupe ho?" Came a voice and Ammu hide behind the sofa where Raj was sitting.

"Daduuu. Pleaach donlt tell mumma."

"Ammuuu! Baby, mumma thak gayi hai ab. Please aajao Mumma paas."

"Nandu, kya hua?" Nandini who was holding a glass of milk let out a tiring sigh.

"Mumma she isn't drinking the milk. Kal bhi nahi piya tha usne. Manik and she tricked me. But not today. It is important for her health.

"Bachhi hai Nandu. Jane do." Raj said. Niyonika glared at him.

"Don't listen to him, Nandu. He has spoilt those two kids of mine too. Mujhe bhi yeh log aise hi bhagate the. But I know my Ammu is a good girl. She will always listen to dadi. Hai na?" Nandini smiled as Niyonika swiftly pulled out little Ammu behind the sofa. She pouted at her mother cutely. Nandini chuckled and made her sit on her lap.

"Yeh tricks nahi chalegi meri jaan. Milk is good for health. You're mumma's good girl na? See, I have added your favorite choco in it. Please baby? Pee lo." Said Nandini on which Ammu nodded in no and crossed her arms around her chest. Nandini looked at her sternly.

"Amaya Manik Malhotra! If you won't finish this milk in next five minutes then no chocolates and no favorite food for next whole week. And I am very serious. Did you see how Abeer drinks milk like a good boy? I will give all your new teddies to him if you behave like this." Said Nandini.

Abeer is a two year old baby boy of Cabir and Navya. Cabir and Navya live in Pune from few months as important project of Cabir is going on there and he had to look after it.

Also, Rishab married recently and shifted permanently to Canada with his wife, Aarna. Ishani and Ritesh stays with them.

Ammu's lower lip came out as she was close to crying. She was picked up immediately by her possessive father who came there as her saviour. Ammu hided her face in his chest and sniffled.

"Nandini! It is okay. If she doesn't want to drink milk then why do you force her always? See, she is crying because of you. Don't cry baby. Papa is here no? Sssh. Hum ghumi ghumi karne jayenge okay? And papa will give you your favorite ice cream. Now my Ammu will smile. Smile smile smile.." And Manik tickled her making her laugh. Nandini banged the glass of milk on the table.

"Fine. Don't make her drink. I don't like to force her but it is necessary for her. Last time remember what doctor said? She has calcium deficiency. Milk is important for her. But no! Both father and daughter made me the villain. I am mad here na who is behind her to make her cry. Great. Take her out and feed her ice creams. That will definitely improve her health, Manik. Carry on." Nandini burst out and left from there towards their room. Manik looked at the way she went and sighed. Niyonika looked at him angrily.

"Manik! What was that? You sounded like she willingly make Ammu cry. Instead of making her work easy you make it worst. We know Ammu is small and you're possessive for her. But she's also her mother. If she is saying something means kuch toh hoga na? Whole day she gets tired in the studio and after coming back this little bug throw her tantrums. Uska chehra dekha hai tune? She's so tired and pale. I doubt she's even feeling well. Pampering your child isn't wrong but spoiling them is." Said Niyonika shaking her head in disappointment. She left from there taking Ammu in her arms. Raj sighed.

"Talk to her and sort out." Manik nodded hearing Raj.

___________________________________

Nandini was lying on her bed while keeping her hand on her eyes. Manik entered inside the room slowly and sat down beside her.

"Honey.."

No response.

"I know you're awake. Get up. I brought some snacks for you. Mom said you didn't had your lunch. Why did you skip?" Asked Manik.

No response.

"Nandini..."

"Manik please go from here. I want to sleep."

"You can sleep as much as you want I won't disturb but first have something." Said Manik pulling her up when she jerked away his hand.

"I told you na I want to sleep then why are you forcing me? Nahi chaiye mujhe kuch bhi. I am not hungry." She snapped at him suddenly. Her eyes had tears. Manik sighed and kept the plate away. He then held her and made her sit in his lap.

"Manik! What are you doing? Leave me. Manik!"

"Sssh! Quiet. Don't you dare." Nandini stopped hearing his stern tone. She sat silently.

"What's wrong?"

She gave no response.

"Nandini! Don't make me loose it." Manik's tone get loud and Nandini stiffened. Manik sighed.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I just can't see Ammu crying." Manik apologized. Nandini sniffed.

"Y-you always do this. W-whenever I try to make her do something for her betterment, y-you say I force her and make her cry. I-I also love her. She is my baby. My heartbeat. But for her good only sometimes I have to be little strict. Y-you make me feel bad. Always. Like-like I am some villain in her life and you are her hero who saves her from me. S-she would start hating me this way." Said Nandini in between her cries. Manik wiped her tears.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel like this but.. I- I really didn't realise it before. It's just that Ammu is so small and..uhh! I know you wouldn't do anything wrong for her. I trust you. And honey, Ammu is a baby. Hate is a too strong word. She can never hate her mumma. She loves you even more than me." Said Manik while caressing her hairs. Nandini looked at him while wiping her nose.

"Jhooth!"

"Arey sachhi! You can ask her."

"No need. I know it better." Said Nandini and sat silently. Manik held her hand and kissed on it.

"Is that all? You were angry or upset only for this reason? Nothing else, baby?" Nandini looked at him and nodded.

"What is it?"

"I-I don't feel good. I feel frustrated. I feel too tired, Manik. I wasn't even able to stand today so I returned home early." Nandini sobbed as she hugged him hiding herself in his chest. Manik patted her head worriedly.

"Why didn't you tell me before? Uparse you skipped your lunch. So careless. Let's go to the doctor." He said. Nandini shook her head wiping her face.

"N-no. It is okay. I am fine now. It's because of back to back recordings. I had a tight schedule. I took a break for two days. I will take rest and will be fine." Said Nandini. Manik cupped her face.

"You sure? Or we will just see the doctor na?"

"No need, Manik. I will be fine. Trust me. And if not, then I will myself tell you to take me. I promise." Said Nandini. Manik nodded and kissed her forehead.

"I am sorry."

"Manik! Bas! Hogaya ab. It is okay." Manik smiled and held her close.

"Still. I should have understood it before. Ammu ke liye main kuch jyada hi protective ban jata hu. Unknowingly I hurted you."

"Even I am sorry. I was very rude." Said Nandini and kissed on his heart softly.

"Hmmm. It is okay since mistake was mine." Said Manik dramatically on which Nandini giggled.

"Mummaa!" Came Ammu's voice which made them apart. Nandini sat straight and saw Ammu coming to her holding her little doll. Nandini opened her arms and she ran into her. She made her sit on her lap and kissed her cheeks.

"Ammuu ish sholly, mummaa." She said and kissed Nandini's cheeks. Nandini smiled.

"It is okay, baby." Said Nandini rubbing her nose with hers. Manik adored them.

"Mumma no anglyy on Ammu?" She asked innocently. Nandini pecked her pout.

"Mumma can never be angry on her Ammu. My Ammu is a very good girl." Said Nandini. Ammu giggled as Nandini peppered kisses on her face making her feel ticklish.

"Ammuuu lobes you, mumma."

"Mumma loves Ammu the most."

"And I love you both the most." Said Manik taking both of them in his embrace.

______________________________________

Manik was in a meeting and explaining his points to the clients when his phone rang. He excused himself and received it.

"Hello?" And what he heard was enough to scare him to the hell.

Ending the call, he apologized to the clients and left from the office informing about the emergency.

Driving the car to it's maximum speed, he reached infront of Lifecare Hospital and ran inside immediately.

"N-Nandini Manik Malhotra!" He panted as he asked receptionist.

"Second floor, Room number 4." Said the receptionist checking in her register. Manik ran away muttering a quick thanks.

When he reached there, he saw Raj standing there. Ammu was home with Niyonika.

"What happened? Where's Nandini? What did doctor said?"

"She was making something for Ammu and fainted in the kitchen. We tried but couldn't wake her up at home. So I took her here. Doctor is checking her." Raj said worriedly. Manik ran fingers through his hairs.

"Ammu? Did she-"

"Yeah. She saw. Poor girl was scared. But Niyonika is there with her. She is fine now." Manik let out a sigh and nodded. They waited for the doctor. Soon he came out.

"Doctor, how's Nandini? What happened to her?" Manik asked impatiently. His palm sweaty. He felt so angry on himself that he couldn't take care of her when he knew she wasn't doing well.

"Don't worry. She's fine. But she's too exhausted. It is not good for her in this condition." Said the doctor. Manik felt his heart beating fast.

"W-What condition? What do you mean? Kya hua hai usey?" Asked Manik with a thumping heart.

"Kuch hua nahi, hone wala hai. Congratulations Mr. Malhotra. Your wife is pregnant." Informed the doctor making Raj happy. Manik was too shocked to react.

"W-What?" He whispered and a wide smile spread across his face. Raj hugged him happily and congratulated him.

Manik entered inside the room and saw Nandini awake. She smiled at him with tears while he took her in a bone crushing hug.

"Thank you. Thank you so much for making me papa once again. I love you, honey."

"I love you too, Manik." Said Nandini and Manik took her lips in a soulful kiss showering his love.

______________________________________

7 months passed and everyone took care of Nandini the most. She was quite delicate for this delivery and this thing was making Manik worried for her always. He would never ever leave her alone or made sure someone was there with her whole day. Ammu was also excited to welcome the new baby sibling of hers. Navya and Cabir shifted back to the Malhotra Mansion as Cabir's project got over. Navya along with Niyonika took a charge of everything in the house and never let Nandini touch a thing. All she would do whole day was sitting at one place and have lots of food.

It was another morning and Ammu was sitting with her Mumma as she was feeding her a breakfast. Ammu, as per her father's instructions, become a good girl and didn't run here and there. But something was off with her today. She was silent. Nandini observed it.

"What happened to my baby? Why so silent?" Ammu didn't say anything just wrapped her little hands around her neck. Nandini could feel her neck wet. She was crying.

"Ammu? Shona what happened? Tell mumma?"

"Mumma loves chotu baby. Mumma no more love Ammu." Said the little one making Nandini's heartbeat skip.

"Ammu?" She whispered in a shock. Composing herself she break the hug and cupped her face.

"W-who said this to you, shona? Haan?"

"My fliend. She said Ammu's mumma don't love Ammu so she doesn't come with Ammu to sctool and don't mate yummy yummy tiffin fol ammu. She said mumma only loves chotu baby. Really mumma? You no love ammu?" Asked the little one innocently breaking Nandini's heart. Shaking her head in no vigorously, Nandini held Ammu close to her heart and cried.

"No baby. You're mumma's heart. Mumma loves you the most. No one can change this fact, baby. Mumma will love you always. Humeshaa. Ammu is mumma's baby. How will mumma no love ammu? Hmm?" Said Nandini as her heart twisted in pain. Somewhere she felt her ownself in Ammu. This thought made her shiver.

"Only Ammu's mumma." Ammu whispered cuddling in her. Nandini pecked her head.

"Only Ammu's." She whispered back.

___________________________________

"Bhabhi? What are you doing here? Leave it. I will make it." Said Navya as she saw Nandini making noodles in the kitchen. Nandini shook her head smiling.

"No Navya. It is okay. I can manage. It is almost done." Said Nandini.

"If you were craving for noodles you could have told me na bhabhi? Why did you make? It's your 7th month. It is not good to stand for long time." Navya said worriedly.

"Whole day you have to handle everything Navya. Also I was bored sitting at one place. Ammu wanted to eat my handmade noodles. It's been so long I made something for her." Said Nandini. Suddenly the hot spoon she was holding to fry noodles, fell from her hand and landed on her feet.

"Aaah!" She hissed as it was quite hot since she was stirring it in the pan.

Navya immediately took her out and made her sit on the sofa. She brought a cold water and dipped her leg in it. Manik, who just came from office saw her hissing and ran towards her.

"Nandini! What happened? Shit!" He looked at her feet which turned red. Navya came out taking an ointment while little Ammu was standing beside Nandini. Abeer was busy with his toys.

"Mumma got ooi ooi. Mumma aapko dald ho laha?" Asked the little one. Nandini nodded no with a smile and took her in a side hug. Manik looked at her worriedly as he applied the ointment taking it from Navya.

"How this happened?" He asked.

"Bhabhi was making noodles for Ammu. Hot spoon fell from her hand and it landed on her feet." Navya informed him. Manik looked at Nandini and glared hard. Nandini looked away.

"Are you crazy? For how many times I have told you not to step in kitchen. Look at your condition, damn it! How can you stand there for so much time? Aur uparse yeh. Kuch ho jata toh? You're not alone, Nandini. Atleast think about the baby." Manik yelled in frustration. Little Ammu flinched looking at her papa so angry and hided more into Nandini. Nandini glared at Manik.

"Don't shout, Manik. Ammu is getting scared. And you are worrying unnecessarily. I am fine. Nothing happened. It's just a little burn." She said calmly.

"Yeah right. Nothing happened. So you mean I should wait for something to happen? Really Nandini?"

"Manik! Why are you making it a big issue? Main pehli baar thodi kitchen mei gayi hu? If I make something for my child then what's wrong?" She was irritated.

"There's nothing wrong to make something for your child. But it is wrong to ignore your health for the stupid reason."

"It is not a stupid reason, Manik." Nandini snapped immediately.

"It is. Ammu said she wants noodles toh you could have asked Navya to make it. Why did you take it on yourself?"

"She wanted to eat my handmade. Can't I fulfill my baby's wish?" Manik looked at Ammu who was in Nandini's hold and pulled her to himself slowly.

"Ammu? Baby, what is this? Papa told you na not to trouble mumma? See, she is hurt now. Mumma is having chotu baby in her tummy na? It will pain him. You could have asked Navya chachi to make noodles for you." Said Manik. Ammu was sad and nodded.

"Solly papa." Nandini was furious. She stood up from her place slowly while holding her belly and pulled Ammu to herself hiding in her embrace.

"Enough Manik. She didn't trouble me. Why are you saying all this to her? Can't you see she's sad? Come shona, let's go to your room. Mumma and Ammu will play play." Said Nandini cupping her face while smiling. Ammu's eyes twinkled in happiness.

"Otay mumma. Chachi Abuuu?" Little one asked Navya looking at Abeer.

"You go with Mumma, baby. Chachi will come taking Abu." She said. Ammu nodded while Nandini went towards her room holding her hand. Manik kept looking at them. Navya sighed.

"Bhai.." Manik looked at her.

"You should talk to bhabhi. She looks very stressed since yesterday. It is not good for her in this condition. She is sticking to Ammu all the time and behaving different." Stated Navya. Manik nodded.

"I saw it, Navya. I will talk to her once she calm down." He said. Navya nodded agreeing with him and left taking Abeer with her towards Ammu's room. Manik threw himself on the couch being tired.

__________________________________

Post dinner, Nandini was lying down beside Ammu holding her close. Ammu was busy blabbering everything to her Mumma but Nandini was lost in her thoughts. Suddenly Ammu shouted seeing Manik at the door.

"Papaaaaa!!!" This broke Nandini's trance. Manik smiled at his daughter and settled beside her other side. Nandini kept quiet.

"What is my princess doing?" He asked pecking her head. Ammu smiled.

"I am talking with mumma. You know papa tolay mumma ishh shleeping with Ammu! Yayyy!" She clapped her hands getting excited. Nandini smiled looking at her and caressed her hairs. Manik looked at them with frowns.

"But baby, Mumma can't-"

"Yes baby. Mumma is sleeping with her Ammu." Said Nandini not letting Manik complete his sentence. He looked at her.

"Nandini you better know you can't. Ammu throws her arms and legs in sleep. She can hurt you." Manik tried to make her understand.

"My baby can never hurt me. I will take care. If my Ammu wants her mumma to sleep with her, her mumma will sleep." Said Nandini holding Ammu's hand and kissing on it softly.

"What's wrong with you, Nandini?"

"What's wrong with you, Manik? Can't you see my baby needs me? I can not just ignore her for stupid reasons." Snapped Nandini. Manik tried to calm his nerves.

"Stupid reasons? Are you even hearing yourself? Nandini, you're pregnant and it can hurt our junior." Manik said.

"What about Ammu, haan? Isn't she our baby? Won't it hurt her? For how many more months you will keep her away from me? She is craving for her mother can't you see that?" Bursted Nandini. Ammu was already sleepy so she slept in her mother's arms. Nandini patted her head slowly.

"Nandini? What are you saying? From where it is coming? And when did I keep her away from you?" Asked Manik who wasn't ready for her outburst.

"You did. From last 6 months she can't sleep with me. Why? Because it will hurt our junior. I can't play with her. Why? Because it will hurt our junior. I can't make her favorite food. Why? Because it will hurt our junior. I can't drop or pick her up from her school. Why? Because it will hurt our junior. All we are caring is about junior. What about, Ammu, Manik? Don't you think all these things are new to her and hurting her little heart?" Asked Nandini as her tears fell down. Manik sighed.

"Nandini, honey, I understand. But we really need to take care na? Ammu is a big girl now. We can make her understand calmly. It's just few months more and then-"

"Why do always she needs to understand, Manik? And no. She is not a big girl. She is freaking 4 years old. How can we even expect her to understand?" Nandini cried out.

"Nandini, it is not that we are ignoring her or something. She is our baby and we love her. We are just taking precautions as you are pregnant. Like her, we have another responsibility of our baby to look after. We can't avoid it na?" Manik tried to make her understand. But Nandini was adamant.

"I don't want to think about anything else. I know what I am doing. My baby needs me and I will not make her feel ignored. I will take care of both my babies together. I won't let any injustice happen here." Said Nandini as she snuggled with Ammu.

"Nandini.."

"Manik, please I am tired. I want to sleep." Said Nandini closing her eyes. Manik held his head.

_________________________________

"Papa!" Amaya came to Manik who was sitting on the bed while reading some mails. He smiled and picked her in his arms.

"Ready for school?" She nodded in yes. She looked around for Nandini.

"Mumma kaha hai?"

"Mumma is in washroom, princess. What happened? Kuch chaiye aapko?"

"Yeshh. Mumma said she will come to dlop me in sctool." Said the little one. Manik frowned.

"Ammu.. baby, Mumma can't travel for long. Her back hurts. Our chotu baby is in her tummy na? What if it hurts him? Let's do one thing. I will come to drop you. Okay?" Said Manik while flickering her nose. Ammu stomped her feet.

"No. I need mumma. Mujhe mumma ke sath jaana hai." She said puffing her cheeks.

"Ammu.. aisi zid nahi karte baby. You know, papa will give you your favorite ice cream today. Our secret, okay?" He tried to convince her. But Ammu was in no mood to listen today.

"No! I don't walnt ice cleam. I want mumma. She is only Ammu's mumma. Chotu baby is ganda." She said. Manik got angry.

"Amayaaa!" He shouted and she flinched back. Same time Nandini came out of washroom wiping her face and was shocked.

"Manik!" She said his name loudly and came towards Ammu carefully who hugged her from her waist while sobbing. Manik closed his eyes in regret.

"Ammu.. papa is sorry. Princess, look here." Manik sat on his knees and tried to take Ammu but she clinged to Nandini more. Nandini patted her back.

"Shonaa.. see papa is sorry. Look... What is papa saying. My good baby na? Don't cry, come on." Nandini said and tried to break the hug and wiped her tears. Ammu hiccuped looking at her. Manik felt bad. He turned her towards himself.

"Papa is sorry for shouting at you, princess. Now give puchii to papa. Come." Said Manik but Ammu side his hand while crying.

"Papa no love Ammu. No one loves Ammu. All love chotu baby. Neetu said right. All ignol Ammu fol chotu baby. All stold Ammu. Ammu dont want chotu baby..." Cried Ammu and ran outside.

"Ammuuu, no baby.." Manik tried to stop her.

"Ammu.. wait. Aaah." Nandini who was about to go behind her feels pain in her stomach and her head spinned. Manik immediately held her.

"Nandini! Are you okay? What happened? Nandini? Nandini.. shit!" Manik held Nandini in his arms who was now unconscious.

"Ammu.. Ammu.." she was muttering her name in her unconscious state. Manik immediately made her lie down and called the doctor.

______________________________________

Everyone was waiting outside as doctor was checking Nandini. Ammu and Abeer were in their playroom as Cabir stayed with them. Manik was hell worried. Niyonika tried to calm him down.

"Manik.. calm down beta. She will be fine."

"How Mom? She was already weak. I should have been careful. It's all my fault." He said as he paced around restlessly. Soon doctor came out and everyone gathered near him.

"Doctor, how's Nandu? Is she fine?"

"What about baby? Is everything okay?"

"Is she conscious? Can we go inside?" All shooted their questions. Doctor sighed.

"Calm down everyone. Yes, she is fine now but not conscious yet. She is sleeping. I have prescribed some medicines and gave her an injection. She will be up in an hour or two. But Mr. Malhotra, I haven't expected this from you. You knew her condition still this much stress? Her BP shooted up drastically. It could have been dangerous." Scolded the doctor. Manik apologized.

"Sorry doctor. But is she okay now? Baby?"

"Yeah. Both are fine. But I am warning you to keep her away from any stress. By the way, who is Ammu?" He asked.

"Our daughter." Replied Manik. Doctor nodded.

"She was taking her name in her unconscious state. Isn't she home?"

"She is downstairs with her chachu." Navya replied. Doctor nodded.

"Call her. Nandini needs her right now. Whatever bothering her is related to Ammu I guess. I hope you will take care, Mr. Malhotra."

"Sure doctor. Thank you." Said Manik. Raj went to drop him till the door.

"Bhai, main Ammu ko leke aati hu." Said Navya and went away. Manik along with Niyonika entered inside the room and sat beside her. Manik held her hand in his and kissed on her knuckles. He wiped the tears which fell from his eyes. He was scared looking at her condition. Niyonika caressed her hairs.

"She looks so pale. Kyu itna stress leti hai meri bachhi." Niyonika said as she kissed her forehead. Navya came inside with little Ammu. She ran towards Nandini.

"Mummaa? Mummaaa.. wate up." Little one patted her hand. Getting no response from her mother she looked at her father ready to cry.

"Papaaaa. Mumma no wakey wakey." She sniffled as Manik picked her in his arms. He wiped her tears.

"Mumma is resting baby. She was not well na? Doctor uncle give her medicine. Now she will be fine." Said Manik. Ammu nodded silently and held the hand of her mumma. Manik looked at Niyonika who nodded and left the room along with Navya. Manik kissed on Ammu's head.

"Is Ammu still angry on papa?" He asked softly. Ammu shook her head in no while looking down.

"Papa is sorry for shouting at Ammu. But even Ammu said wrong. Isn't it?" Manik asked making her look at him. She just nodded her head and then looked at her mumma.

"Ammu, mumma and papa loves you so much. Everyone loves Ammu. Don't listen to anyone. They don't know anything. They say to tease Ammu. Okay? You are our good girl na?" Ammu nodded in yes. Manik kissed her cheek. She kissed his cheek back. Manik smiled.

"Achha, you know, chotu baby was crying in mumma's tummy." Said Manik. Ammu looked at him worriedly.

"Chotu baby cried? Why? Did you stold him too?" She asked innocently. Manik nodded in no.

"No. I didn't scold him. But he cried because his dii said bad words to him." Said Manik on which she got silent.

"You said he is ganda. You don't want him. All should love Ammu and not chotu baby. So he felt very bad. So he is crying." Said Manik. Ammu looked at him.

"Is he still crying?" She asked slowly. Manik nodded in yes. Ammu looked worried.

"Ammu, like you are our baby, chotu baby is also our baby. So we will love you both. You see, how dadi loves me and cabir chachu? We are also her babies na? Same way, mumma and papa will love both Ammu and chotu baby equally. As you both are our babies. If we won't love him he will be alone na. He will be so sad. You know, chotu baby loves you. You should also love him na? You are his big sister. Hai na?" She nodded.

"I love chotu baby, papa." Said Ammu. Manik smiled.

"Really? So you will share mumma and papa with him? You won't get angry on him and say you don't want him. Mumma and papa are his too like Ammu. Right?" Asked Manik on which she nodded in yes. She then got down from Manik's lap and slowly placed her hand on Nandini's tummy caressing it.

"Don't cry, chotu baby. Ammu dii is shollyyyy. I love you. Mumma papa alshoo loves you. I will not stold you again, otay? Now smileee.." said the little one making Manik emotional. He kissed her cheeks tightly.

"Meri Princess. My baby. Mera achha bachha! See, now chotu baby is smiling." Said Manik and Ammu smiled widely.

"Yayyy!" She clapped her hands. Nandini blinked her eyes and called out for Ammu. Manik was beside her immediately along with Ammu. He held her hand.

"Nandini.. open your eyes slowly." He said.

"Ammuu.. my baby.." she whispered.

"Ammu is right here, honey. Open your eyes. See.." Said Manik as he caressed her hairs.

Nandini opened her eyes and first person she saw was Ammu.

"Ammuuu.."

"Mummmmaaaa!" Ammu got excited seeing her awake and hugged her. Nandini cried feeling her close.

"Mumma loves you, Ammu. Mumma loves you so much." She whispered. Manik held her hand and shook his head indicating not to cry. He wiped her tears.

"Ammu loves you tooo, Mumma. Ammu loves chotu baby also. Mumma, mumma.. You know chotu baby was crying because of Ammu. But Ammu said solly and he smiled. Hai na papa?" Said the little one clapping his hand. Manik nodded smiling at her. Nandini looked at her amused.

"Ammu..." She whispered.

"Papa said, Mumma-papa loves both Ammu and chotu baby like dadi loves cabil chachu and papa. And you know mumma chotu baby loves Ammu too. So Ammu will be good girl and no stolding chotu baby. He is in my team now. Hai na papa?" Asked little Ammu with twinkling eyes.

"Yes Princess." He replied. Nandini looked at him with tears.

"Ammu.. go, see what is Abu doing. He had your doll sometime back." Said Manik driving her attention. She widened her eyes and hit her forehead.

"Oh no! My doll. I will come later, mumma. Bye Bye. Bye papa. Bye chotu baby.." Said Ammu as she ran outside the room. Nandini sobbed loudly as soon as Amaya was out of her sight. Manik took her in his embrace.

"Ssssh! Calm down baby. You're not well." Nandini clutched his shirt in her fist.

"M-Manik.. she.. she.."

"It is okay. Everything is fine now. I made her understand. You first relax. Nandini... Enough baba. Calm down. Bas hogaya ab." Said Manik as he wiped her tears. She looked at him.

"Nandini, Amaya is a kid. She doesn't understand right or wrong. She is innocent. But making her understand is our job. We can not be weak. You could have made her understand when she told you first." Said Manik caressing her hairs. Nandini shook her head.

"I am sorry, Manik. I know, I should have. But I just.. just couldn't. Y-You know.. Manik.. usney jis tarah se bola na.. I.. I thought I saw my ownself in her. The little Nandini.. who.. who was deprived of motherly love at tender age. I saw myself in her. I.. I.. felt.. I.. am doing.. same like Maa. I didn't want to.. Manik. I-I hated myself for making her feel insecure. I hated myself for pushing her away from me even unintentionally. I thought.. I.. would do injustice with Ammu.. I- I didn't want Ammu to hate me.. I was scared.. scared to loose her.. mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha tha, Manik. I-I felt.. so.. miserable.. I..." She couldn't speak further as her voice choked. Manik wiped his corner of eyes and immediately gave her water to drink. Some scars never fade. He thought.

"It is okay. Calm down. I understand where it came from. And trust me, you would never ever do injustice with Ammu or our junior. I trust my Nandini. She is the best. She can not hurt even an ant toh khud ke bachhe dur ki baat. Don't let your past, affect you, honey. It is all gone. You are over it. So don't think about it and hurt yourself. Are you getting me?" Said Manik as he took her in his embrace. Nandini snuggled and he pecked her head.

"Sorry.." she mewed.

"You should be. You like to scare me, don't you?" He scolded her. She pouted cutely and looked at him. He chuckled and pecked her pout.

"Are you feeling any pain?"

"No. I am fine. What did doctor said? Junior is fine?"

"Yes. He is fine. Your BP shooted up. So no more stressing your stupid brain." Said Manik slapping her head playfully. Nandini made face.

"Hawww! You called my brain stupid! So mean, Manik."

"What's there to be mean? I stated the fact."

"If I am stupid then you're an idiot. Huh!" Said Nandini getting angry. Harmones! Manik chuckled.

"See, atlast you agreed you're a stupid."

"Ugggh! Manik! You're making me angry."

"Ah, I kinnda enjoy it you know. You look super hot in anger." Said Manik winking at her. Nandini started hitting him. Manik laughed.

"You! Manik you're so bad. I hate you!" She shouted.

"Ayeeee! I love you too." He teased. She threw the pillow on him.

"Manik!" She warned.

"Okay enough. Now lay down quietly. I will bring something to eat."

"Manik.."

"Haan?"

"I want to eat cheesyy macaroni. Pweaaseee..." Manik faked a glare at her who in return just grinned.

"What about salad?"

"Chiiii! Yuck!"

"No salad then no pasta!" Manik announced while moving out of the room. Nandini whined like a baby.

"Manikkkk! This is a cheatingggg.."

_________________________________

"Manik.."

"Haan baby?"

"I am missing Maa-Papa." She said playing with his buttons. He sighed.

It was her last month and her due date was near. She was feeling nervous and he could feel it. That is why he had taken a leave for a month. He wanted to be with her before and after her delivery.

"Honey, they can not come right now. You know Aarna is pregnant, right?" Nandini nodded sadly.

Ritesh and Ishani didn't shift to canada permanently. They used to come India in between to spend time with Nandini. They came and stayed with her for two months when they got to know about her pregnancy. But later, they had to go. Recently, they got the news of Aarna being pregnant. Ishani and Ritesh wanted to be with Nandini since it is her last month of pregnancy but they had to stay back as Aarna doesn't have parents. She was their responsibility. Also, Rishab couldn't manage with both job and Aarna alone.

"Why are you getting sad? You can always video chat with them no?" Said Manik trying to cheer her. Nandini nodded silently. He then tried to distract her with baby's talks.

Next Morning -

Nandini along with Manik came to breakfast. Manik made Nandini sit on her chair carefully. There was special chair for her so that she would feel comfortable.

"Good Morning Bhabhi!"

"Morning bhai! Morning everyone!" Nandini greeted all.

"Good morning, bachha. How are you feeling?"

"I am fine, Mumma."

"Tachiiiiiiiiii" It was little Abeer who came near her and hugged her legs showing his toy while grinning.

"Woww! My Abuu got a new toy." She exclaimed in baby tone pulling his cheek. He laughed.

"Ammu.. here take this juice." Niyonika made her granddaughter drank an orange juice.

"Dadi bassss!"

"Haan haan hogaya. Now finish your breakfast. See, all your favorite." Said Niyonika. Ammu nodded while jumping on her place. Nandini smiled looking at her.

"Bhabhi, what would you eat?" Asked Navya as she was serving.

"I will have a hot chocolate, Navya. I don't feel like eating." She said. Niyonika looked at her concerned.

"Arey aise kaise? You have to eat something, Nandu. Navya.. give her."

"Mumma please.."

"No bhabhi! Trust me.. you should just try this. Today's breakfast is another level." Said Cabir munching his food. Manik shook his head.

"Nandini, have it a little. It's not good to stay empty stomach."

"But Manik I really don't have an appetite." She said being tired. Suddenly a delicious aroma hit her nose and she looked at her plate. Her eyes twinkled seeing puri aloo.

"Kya ab bhi meri betu ko bhuk nahi hai?" Came the voice and Nandini immediately looked up from her plate. Her eyes moistened.

"Maaa!"

Ishani smiled looking at her while Nandini hugged her from her waist while crying.

"I missed you so much, Maa. I was craving for you." Said Nandini. Ishani caressed her hairs.

"Only Maa? No one missed papa?" Came a voice of Ritesh and Nandini shook her head while crying.

"I missed you too, Papa. I love you." Said Nandini as she hugged Ritesh who pecked her head.

"I love you too. How's my princess?"

"Seeing you two, I am superfine. Par aaplog yaha?"

"Kaise na aate? My baby needed me and I won't come?" Said Ishani as she feed her with her hands. Nandini smiled.

"When did you guys come?" She asked. Ritesh laughed.

"Yesterday night only. But we thought to surprise you today in the morning." Said him. Nandini giggled.

"I am not surprised but stunned." Everyone laughed hearing her. Manik was content seeing her happy.

They were laughing and chatting happily when suddenly Nandini felt uneasiness. A sharp pain shoot through her stomach.

"Aaaaaaah!" She hissed. Manik was beside her immediately.

"Nandini? What- what's wrong?" He asked being panicked.

"Ma-Manik.. it's.. it's paining.. Aaaahaaaa!!" Cried Nandini as the contractions hit her. Ishani held her hand.

"I think it's time." She said worriedly. Niyonika nodded agreeing with her.

"Manik, take out the car. Me and Ishani ji will come with Nandu." Manik nodded and was about to ran out when Cabir stopped him.

"Bhai, you stay with bhabhi. I will drive." Manik nodded hearing him as he rushed outside. Manik picked Nandini in his arms and went out. Everyone followed them.

Soon enough they reached hospital and Nandini was wheeled towards the operation theatre. She was screaming badly by then. Manik was trying to console her but he himself was all sweating.

Doctor checked her and put an IV. She then checked if her water broke or not. She asked nurse to prepare an injection and came towards the family.

"Doctor.. Nandini?" Manik asked.

"Mr. Malhotra. I have checked her. And as I predicted before only, normal delivery is very risky in Nandini's case. She's too weak and can not handle it. We have to go for C-section." Said the doctor making everyone worried. Manik nodded next second.

"Y-You can go ahead. I just want Nandini and baby safe." He said. Doctor sighed.

"Let's hope for the best. Please complete the formalities. You can meet her till we prepare." Doctor informed and Manik immediately ran inside.

Nandini was lying there and throwing her head left to right in pain. Manik held her hand in his and kissed her head.

"Manik!" She breathed while greeting her teeths hard. Manik felt his eyes tearing.

"Nandini.. Hey, it will be fine. Don't worry okay? I am here only. Think about our junior, me, Ammu... You're going to be fine." He said as lump formed in his throat. Nandini shook her head.

"I.. I doubt that.. Manik."

"Nandini don't." Manik warned her. She hissed.

"Aah.. I- I know it is complicated. P-Please take care of Ammu and junior if anything happens to me.. tell them I love.. aaah! I love them so much.." Manik's tears fell hearing her.

"Shut up. Nothing will happen to you. Do you get it? You have to come back to us fit and fine." He said as his voice shook. Nandini wiped his tears with a shaking hand.

"I-I love you, Manik."

"I love you more, honey." He said and pecked her lips. Nandini smiled and caressed his cheek a little. Their moment was broken by the doctor.

"Mr. Malhotra, we have to start her surgery. Please go out and wait." She said. Manik looked at Nandini who smiled at him and blew a flying kiss. He chuckled with tears and act like holding it and keeping in heart. Nandini throw her head back as another contraction hit her. Manik came out with a heavy heart.

Little Ammu hugged his legs and he took her in arms.

"Papa, mumma ko pain ho laha?" She asked. Manik nodded wiping his tears.

"Yes baby. A little. Chotu baby is coming na. That's why." Hearing him she was delighted.

"Chotu baby is coming today? Yayyyy! Then I will play with him alottt." She said getting excited. Manik sat on nearby chair holding her close to him. Everyone looked worried as operation started. Niyonika sat beside Manik and squeezed his hand. He looked at her.

"She will be fine. Bhagwan pe bharosa rakho." She said. Manik nodded silently. Ishani and Ritesh stood worried at one side. Navya was handling Ammu and Abeer while Cabir was completing the formalities.

After the long wait of 3 hours, door opened and doctor came out holding a little baby. Everyone gathered around her.

"Congratulations! It's a baby boy. Both mother and baby are fine. We will shift Nandini to her ward then you can meet her once she gets conscious." Informed doctor making everyone relived. They hugged each other happily while doctor handed the little boy to Manik. He cried holding him close to his heart.

"My junior." He whispered. Everyone gathered around him. Ammu was the first.

"Papaa! Show mee naa. My chotu babyy.." she whined. Manik showed her while she slowly touched his cheek. He smiled.

"Papaa! He issh sooo cute. So shoftt. Just like Ammu. See he is smiling to meee." Said Ammu making everyone smile.

"Mr. Malhotra, we have shifted Nandini in her ward. You can meet her." Said doctor seeking his attention. Manik nodded with a smile. He passed little one in his mother's hand and rushed to see Nandini.

Entering inside her ward, he sat near her which made her awake. She looked at him and smiled.

"Manik.." He broke into the sobs hearing her and hugged her. Nandini hugged him slowly.

"Sssh.. I am okay. Baby...?"

"He is with maa."

"He???" Manik smiled and nodded.

"He. Our son. Our junior." Nandini smiled but hissed feeling pain. Manik panicked.

"What's wrong? Should I call the doctor?"

"No Manik. I am fine. Just a little pain." She said.

"Yeah. I better know. I literally died hearing your words back then. Do you have any idea?" He scolded her breaking the hug. Nandini made a sorry face.

"I was just saying.." Manik glared at her.

"You're not allowed to say anything like that. Let alone saying, you're not even allowed to think like that ever. Manan is humesha and forever. You're bound to me for infinity and I will not let you go. Never ever." Said Manik caressing her knuckles. Nandini smiled emotionally hearing him.

"I ishq you, Manik." Manik looked at her amused hearing this. He chuckled and kissed her nose before replying.

"I pyaar you more, honey." Nandini giggled.

"And we all mohobbaaatttt you, dherrrr saraaa." Came a loud voice from the door and they saw their family standing there grinning at them.

Soon, all of them entered inside and congratulated Manan. Nandini held her baby boy in her hand and kissed his forehead with love.

"Welcome to the family, Naman Manik Malhotra." She said. Everyone hooted while Manik took her in a side hug smiling happily.

"Nurse, one family pic please..." Said Cabir as he handed his camera to her. Everyone stood around Manan.

"Say cheeeeeeeeseeeee." Shouted Cabir. Everyone shouted cheeese.

And click!

Picture perfect!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 5.6K 38
Two people completely in love and inseparable but ......one big incident changed their life and they got separated.... what will happen when dest...
303K 20.8K 54
The journey of a careless play boy and fragile doll. Love is not his cup of coffee but for her husband is everything in her life. Both of them happy...
478K 30.2K 50
This story continues after musicana where manik left nandini because of dhruv. So tune in to read to know where destiny will take these two & there s...
843K 62.9K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...