Siren's Writer's Interview

By Stormy_Sirens

"Writing is the best way to talk without being interrupted." If you want to know more about your favorite wri... More

Form
Sreelakshmi_Baburaj
ShetuAhmed10
iksituu
SANA_WRITER
priyapariyaar
khushi631
shagunxanokhi
Worksno1
kiarasfitoor
divinelovexks
Seven_Stars_123
sidnaaz_07
distant_seashores
Writer_Furphy
Scintillio16
soulful_scribbler
anditamylove
Shimmer_Sippy
raks_malfoy
Philitric
Ree_Kiara
YenPerSollaAasaiDhan
Nithya_scribbles
mo041998
Crystal_Saisha_03
HarleenJosey
_sxmriddhi_
reethiksha
ashangilove
Sonali_nefelibata
pea_cock_feather
shreejal_1
_writer_pari_
nishadak
Kajal0101
Abhilasha012
_Lustrous_Angel
AkTkxff
Dindin_writes
bored_dys
Rainaloveforever
jyoti223344
3TheArcane
SHineeSunshine
AnkitaGhosh205
Deardevil123
sonals_03
YoursMagic
writerofspring
Kriti_writer666

Jahanavi002

180 16 23
By Stormy_Sirens

Hey guys !

Today we have got Jahanavi002 with us on board. So let's check out her interview :)

1.) What is your name and age? (if you are comfortable telling us)

my pen name is Jahanavi and I turned 18 this January.

2.) How did you first land on wattpad?

I am very fond of reading and writing since my childhood, especially writing. Well I got to know about Wattpad from Instagram and then I started reading and writing. I had two books but those books got deleted. This is how I landed up here, before this I had no idea about Wattpad.

3.) What made you want to start writing? What was your inspiration?

The first ever story I wrote was when I was in class 3. Honestly there is nothing such "incident" that made me wanna write. Just like a child is born with interest, I was born with it. Even before I was admitted to school, I wanted to write but the problem was I hardly knew alphabets. So yeah, there is nothing such as incident, writing is something I am born with maybe because I love to imagine and make people know what I am imagining.

Inspiration, in the sense, I literally worship JK Rowling as a writer since I am a potterhead. But if you are talking about inspiration to start writing then my biggest inspiration is myself. I am my own inspiration as to why I started writing. As I stated earlier, I was only 3 when I wanted to write stories but couldn't so I used to draw my stories in my drawing copies. From drawing out my ideas at an age when I could hardly write my name, to actually writing something,this is my inspiration.

Also my didun(nani) used to tell me bed time Stories. She is literally a library in herself. So when she used to narrate tales, I always got inspired to write such tales of my own.

4.) From where do you get the ideas of your books?

Ideas just pops out.

Songs help me a lot to think of a chapter but ideas for books just pops out in my head. I believe Ideas arise from anything you see around you if you have an imaginative brain

5.) Which genre book are you currently writing? And what are the other genre that you wish to explore in future?

I am currently writing a book which is kind of thriller and rest two I cannot reveal now. If I reveal the genre, I will be revealing the ending itself so sorry for that.

I have written fantasy, tragedy, chicklit, romance but one thing that I have never attempted to write is horror. Neither can I watch horror nor can I write horror nor can I read horror. I am very weak in this genre but I hope one day I will be able to do so.

6.) What will you advice to the aspiring, new writers?

I am an aspiring author myself so I need my own advice too😅

Anyways

Just read, and read and read. Reading is the key to writing. If you don't read enough books by renowned authors(not Wattpad authors), you will never be able to write and form a book so read it first.

Then execute your plan. I am not a writer who starts a pre-planned book, I always go with the flow so trust in yourself and give it a start. The more you read and the more you write, the more perfection you will attain. Connect yourself with the story first then only you will be able to make your readers connect with your book.

And please do not get demotivated and take constructive criticism as a scope to improve yourself. To all aspiring authors, just let your feelings out on your fingertip

7.) Which 5 books of Wattpad authors, do you love the most?

I really cannot name 5 authors on wattpad because I don't read much books on wattpad

1) with love by Harshita__180103

2) impassionate craving by _Zaimatequila

3)our written destiny by kiarasfitoor

4) broken but can it be beautiful by @Kritika Tripathi182

8.) Do you pre-plan the things that you write or it comes to you as you write the story?

As I said, I never pre-plan things. In fact I have no idea what will happen in the next chapter. Yes few small details I do pre-plan before hand but not the whole plot

9.) What motivated you to start writing?

I have been writing since the third standard so I really don't remember what actually motivated me. Maybe the thought of letting other people know my way of thinking is a motivation. There is no such motivation, I motivate myself (I may sound self obsessed) but this is true.

I am my own inspiration
And
I am my own motivation

10.) What are the challenges that you face while writing?

My biggest challenge is thinking whether my readers will like this chapter or not. Will they like it? So connecting to my readers is my biggest challenge.

And my second biggest challenge which is Little funny is that I am way too lazy and my chapters are usually 5000 words long so I never re read them. Writing properly in first go so that I don't recheck is my challenge (guys plz don't follow this and re check your work. This is where I am flawed)

11.) How do you feel and what do you do when readers criticize you or your work?

I believe a man should possess a sense of judgement. One should know what criticism is better for you and which is not.

When people critisize me for the good and my own betterment I take it sportingly. For example @acripturientsoul always tells me about the grammartical errors i make, the typos I make and I take it sportingly to improve myself because I know she is right.

Harshita__180103 always tells me that I sometimes tend to not properly describe where the scene is taking place and it confuses readers and again I know she is right and I try my best not to repeat the mistakes. These are just two examples but there are many people who have pointed out my flaws for my betterment and I am grateful to those people, my readers

But then there are some critics whose criticism is simply worthless and I know it will turn my story into crap so I ignore them.

So my reaction to criticism depends on how true it is, how important it is for my books. And I think everyone should

12.) Do you write secretly? Or does your family knows? If yes, then how do they feel about it?

My mother knows that I can write since my write ups were earlier published in school magazines and soon a poem of mine will be published in a book so they know that I can write.

But they don't know that I am an active writer on Wattpad. It is nothing about being secretive. I just don't tell them because there is no reason. It's casual. If they get to know, it's well and good, if they don't, there is no problem in it. But they know that I can write and I love to write

13.) Wanna ask or say anything to your readers?

To readers,

Thank you for all the love and support. As I always say, a writer is nothing without a reader. If I am writing something and there is no one to read but me then how does it even help.

I remember my first ever chapter and the support I got from all my readers and I am still getting it. My readers also suggest ideas, make me feel better when I feel low so thank you for being so supportive. Words are less to express my gratitude to you all.

I don't know what more to ask for from people who have always given me so much of love.

___________________

Thank you so much for giving us your time and interview. Really means a lot to us !

Interview taken by Milli

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

357 52 17
What is your favorite trope? Which POV is the best? What's the best genre? These are fun (and non-serious) debate questions we ask in our monthly eve...
25.1K 282 21
My first wattpad book ever! Let's roll@ Alright, so this is an X Reader book, meaning you comment who and I will write a love Story about you and tha...
201 20 23
"Writers Talk" is a comprehensive guidebook for young writers on Wattpad, offering valuable insights and creative ideas to help them navigate their c...
169 85 19
we never realize the word we speak can affect our future and our past,the people close to our heart.Sometimes we get carried away with time and we lo...