The Elf King, Gabriella:Rise...

Por Sheeeri123

The familiar characters and some background information,are,of course, Tolkien.The new are my own creation,a... Más

Chapter 1:Change Is Coming
Chapter 2-In The Arms Of An Angel
Chapter 3-A Dangerous Thing
Chapter 4-A Kings Wrath
Chapter 6-The Kings Persuasion
Chapter7-Defiance
Chapter 8-A Deadly Kiss
Chapter 9-As My King Commands
Chapter 10-The Dark Prince
Chapter 11-Confessions and Revelations
Chapter 12-Vanishing
Chapter 13-Black Mountain
Chapter 14-Vengance
Chapter 15-Visayas
Chapter 16-The One
Chapter 17-A King Only Bows To His Queen
Chapter 18-Darling Little One
Chapter 19-I Am Yours,You Are Mine
Chapter 20-Story Time
Chapter 21-Im The What???
Chapter 22-Ive Put A Spell On You
Chapter 23-The Son Of Ironfoot
Chapter 24-Dreams Realized
Book 2

Chapter 5-Leap of Faith

61 4 0
Por Sheeeri123

You cannot always wait for the perfect time, sometimes you must dare to jump.-Anonymous
__________________________________
Part 1
Gabriella

I guess you could say I took a leap of faith,hoping I didn't bash my skull in on a rock!He really left me with no other choice.Ive read how they tortured their prisoners in the middle ages,it bordered on sadistic!

The water was so icy,shocking my body, slowing me down,but I had to fight through it,and keep going.Thank you Grams,for forcing me to take swimming lessons!I came up for air and heard the guards yelling,but the kings voice boomed over everything.

"FIND HER!"

Good luck with that.

I took a deep breath and went down.

Its easy to drown getting pulled down by a under current,but it wasn't too strong. Or suffering from hyperthermia if your in too long.I got lucky.When I saw the split,I knew to the right lead to the trap door where barrels where dropped.Its a good thing I read The Hobbit.Those barrels went down the river to Laketown.

No.Theyd be expecting that.Lying in wait. I'll take my chances to the left.

A few minutes, I'm going through a rock tunnel so tight,I had to float on my back. A claustrophobic feeling tried to creep in.

Is this tunnel getting smaller?No.Dont let panic in.Breath.

My feet hit a wall facing.The flow changed,trying to suck me down.I held on to a jagged rock.I felt above me.More rock.Cant go up.No choice.I took a deep breath and dovedown,keeping my  hands out in front of me,to protect my head.

Relax.Breath out through the nose,slow, steady.

I was just hoping against hope there were some underwater caverns,since water ran under the mountain.

Just give me a air pocket,for Christ sake!
No.Calm.Stay calm.

It was pitch black,for what seemed like forever,but it couldn't have been a little over a minute. Protruding rocks sliced my arms.I wasn't worried about that. They would probably heal before I hit the surface.The whole running out of air thing,a little concerning!I knew I couldn't keep this up for longer than two,three minutes at best.

Then I saw it.

Just a speck of light,as if guiding me to it.I gave it everything I had.As the light grew,the water became a beautiful blue-green.I burst to the surface,gasping for air.I couldn't believe what I was seeing!A amethyst cave!My God!It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen!

Exhausted,I crawled up onto a flat rock. It was so warm to my freezing body.

Don't fall asleep!

I tried to distract myself,and my mind went to Grams.How she was always cutting a deal with Ray for me taking karate.Swimming and piano lessons,girl scouts, dance classes.I even had to take Home Economics in high school.You didn't argue with Grams.I hated alot of it,but learned a great deal.

I guess you saved my life again, Grams.

I missed her and Ray,so much.I couldn't fight the exhaustion anymore.My body had beenthrough alot in the past few days.

I'll just rest a few minutes.Cant move til nightfall anyway.

❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️

Chapter 2
Thranduil

There are two kinds of guilt: the kind that drowns you until you're useless, and the kind that fires your soul to purpose. - Sabaa Tahir

His icy heart filled with regret, and every living moment he had felt such regret,that he could never allow himself to show.

Foolish,foolish child!

Had he not made great strides to reacclimate himself into the world?
As much as a king could?Why must he assume the worst in all?

My behavior was tyrannical, unforgivable.Yet I saw no fear in her  eyes.

All his self condemnation was nothing compared to the look in his only sons eyes.For his opinion was everything.

"Why,father?How could you be be so cruel to her?"Legolas accused,"She wanted nothing!"

She was only a woman,that was all.I have wronged her,most grievously.

"Have the years changed nothing?" Legolas continued ,"I would have hoped
after a decade....",but let his thought trail off.

"Have the guards recovered anything?" the king asked,barely listening but his tone loosing it's edge,feeling plagued by what he allowed to happen.

She cannot have met her demise.I won't allow it!

"No body,nothing."Legolas said, shaking his head,"You could've stopped this, father.Now,I fear,the river has claimed her."

I will not accept this!I cannot!

"We will continue the search.
Incompetent guards!"he said,turning to
the door.

Must I do everything myself?

"Berating the guards will not aide, father.Are you listening?"Legolas called out to him,"Where are you going?"

"To find her before the foul things that wander the night do."he said,storming
out.

Legolas followed,motioning for Tauriel to join them.

❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️

The terrible dreams crept in again.It was like I was floating over my own body,watching.

Grams and Ray were at my bedside,in a hospital.I looked near death.There we're tubes and wires running all over me.I didnt recognize myself.Most of my swollen,blackened head was covered in bandages.They were each holding one of my hands,Grams was shaking uncontrollably.Both their faces ran with tears.The doctor tries to explain, complete paralysis, in a comatose state, life support.The chances of survival are  slim.Ray is yelling.

"No! She'll come out of it!You don't  know her! She'll come out of it!"

❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️

Chapter 3

Don't let your fear of what could happen make nothing happen.-Doe Zantamata

I awoke,like I often do,gasping for life.

I was dying.Im lying in that hospital bed-dying!That son of a bitch paralyzed me!

I have to go home,now!

I quickly glanced around for a exit,then followed the light.About two stories up, straight above my head,a opening, sunlight coming through.The hole just large enough to wiggle out of.

Great.Could this day get any better!?!?

I wasn't raised to be a quitter.To just lay down and die.This is just like rock climbing.I can do this, just don't look down.I looked around for the best possible path.Up I went,careful to be mindful of my next step,next hand hold.
It was easier than I thought it would be,thank God.

I put my hand over the edge of the opening,and something,or someone clasped ahold of my arm,yanking me out.I almost screamed!

"Have you taken leave of your senses?" the king snarled,gripping my upper arms tightly."We thought you dead!"

"Take your hands off me!"I returned, returned,with just as much ferocity, yanking free of his grasp,"I didn't ask for your help!"

"She is mad!You see?"he said to Legolas," Left to her own resources, she'll be dead by dawn!"

Oh,I'm mad alright!Seething!

Tauriel and Legolas were standing there as well,unsure of what to say.She handed me a pooch with water.

I might be dead by morning,anyway!

"I definitely will if you have anything to say about it!"I retorted.

"You are like a child,"he snarled, "impetuous,indulgent."within inches of my face, "-worrying others with your antics!"

My antics???

I swear,as long as I live I'll never understand the inner workings of men's minds!Irrational, egotistical.

I've had about enough of this!

"And you are arrogant, conceited, and have no feelings for others,only yourself!"I spat, stepping to him, refusing to back down.

He seemed shocked by my words.We were now right each others faces.

Does no one EVER stand up to him?

"Hear me well,Halfling!In my kingdom my word is the final word!"he growled down at me.

What???What is a Halfling?You think your intimidating?You don't intimidate
me!

"I am not part of you kingdom, nor do I wish to be,and you are not my KING!"

He glared down at me,I up at him.I felt we would come to blows any second.
Then his gaze went to my lips, making me inhale quickly, unexpectedly,just as he did.Caught completely off guard,we took a step back from each other.

What was that???

"Father,was this your purpose in finding her?"Legolas interjected,obviously
trying to break the tension.

But it was apparent to me quickly. This king does not yield.He glared at me,then glanced at his son,taking a exasperated breath.

"A king does not apologize!"he boomed at me.

Was that his way of saying he might be wrong?

"I don't need,or want his apology."i blurted out,uncomfortable with this whole situation, "I just need to get back to that battle field."

"To what end?"Tauriel asked, finally speaking."What is it you seek?"

"I can't explain,please don't ask me to."I said,"I just need to.I don't belong here."I continued,glaring at the king.

He had a strange look on his face I couldn't understand.Concern, maybe?

"Leading us to our slaughter,
sorceress?"he quipped hatefully."Are we being lead into a ambush?"

"Why would I do that?Are you always this paranoid?"

"Paranoid?What is this?"the king asked asked,then glanced to Legolas,"You see
now?"

"Maybe you are familiar with the word deranged."

"I WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD,WOMAN!"he
bellowed,unsheathing his sword.

"I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY!"I returned,
taking fighting stance.

Legolas and Tauriel got between us,
baffled by our odd exchange.

"This isnt helping.Father,can you not see she is troubled?"Legolas said,"I will take you, Gabriella."

❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️

I rode with Legolas, because I definitely wasn't riding with that insufferable king!

We were all unnervingly quiet.I
couldn't help thinking about how we
reacted to each other, arguing.My
pulse raced at the nearness of him.
him.I must really have issues!A relapse.
Something.

We got to the clearing,and I inspected the area where I landed.Nothing.Not even a hint of a portal,or a spark of that incredible light show.Not a clue of how to take me back.

Ray.Grams.Where are you?

I fell to my knees,head in my hands, more frustrated and disheartened than I'd ever been.All hope tried to drain from me.

Legolas and Tauriel knelt beside me, putting comforting hands on my shoulders.

"Give me your hand,woman."the king said softly,sitting on his elk.

I looked up at him trying to analyze what side of him I was seeing now.I saw no anger,no sarcasm.Compassion?
A hint of empathy,maybe?

Why not?What else could I do now?

I slowly stood,placing my hand timidly in his.He pulled me in front of him with ease.How strong these elves are!

"Will you not tell me your truth now, little one?"he asked next to my ear.

This again.Hes relentless.

I was angry, frustrated,and out of options,which I don't particularly care
for,so....

"I'll never tell you."I said quietly,
defiantly.

We rode back in silence.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

98 1 57
The old and new gods from Olympus and The Realms of the Yggdrasil betstowed their abilities to the people of the world in hopes of the people to fore...
278 96 39
***This book has been stolen by a predatory site without my consent, including the cover I made, this blurb, and all chapter contents within. I will...
231 18 11
{COMPLETED} 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐰! 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 �...