Day after day | Jaeyong

By V4MPYUTA

After losing his parents in a plane crash, Taeyong is left to take care of his little brother all by himself... More

prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 10

47 2 3
By V4MPYUTA

"Ughhh I don't know what to wear." Taeyong whines as he goes through his closet. He's never had this much difficulty picking out an outfit before! ESPECIALLY when he was just going to go out with some friends. But it was different this time.

Doyoung was gonna be there.

He checks the time and starts to rummage through his closet as the time starts nearing towards one, where they were all supposed to meet at the subway station.

Taeyong finally settles for an off white t-shirt and some light blue jeans along with some white high tops and a white beanie with a clothes pin on it. He fluff's up his bangs one last time before turning to Sungchan who was sitting on their bed.

"What do you think Channie?" Taeyong asks and Sungchan looks up from his book before nodding in approval and giving his big brother a thumbs up.

"Good." He says making Taeyong chuckle as he walks over to the bed and pats Sungchan's hair.

"Are you sure you're going to be fine without me?" Taeyong asks as he sits on the bed and Sungchan nods once again.

"Me play with Baekie." Sungchan says and Taeyong nods before checking the time.

"Okay I'm leaving Chan." Taeyong says and Sungchan nods as he continues to flip through his book. Taeyong grabs his things and looks at his younger brother one last time.

"Kiss?" Taeyong asks and Sungchan giggles before standing up from his spot on the bed and walking to the edge of the bed where Taeyong was standing before placing a peck on his cheek making the older smile before he picks up the toddler and twirls them around while placing small kisses all over Sungchan's face making him laugh as he tries to push his older brother's face away.

"Okay okay! I'm going." Taeyong says with a giggle as he finally puts Sungchan down and pats his head before leaving, giving Baekhyun and Ms. Kim a wave on his way out.

He makes it to the station where he sees Yuta and Seulgi already waiting for him. He waved at them before running over to them.

"Where's Ten and Doyoung?" Taeyong asks and Seulgi shrugs.

"They said they were on their way, you know how Ten is with getting ready." Taeyong nods before realizing something.

"Since when did they get so close?" Thinks to himself before shrugging it off.

"Look! There they come!" Seulgi shouts as she points in their direction and all of their jaws drop as they look at the two.

Doyoung was practically clinging to Ten as they made their way to their friends. Everyone was staring at them. And I mean everyone. Ten radiating confidence as a shy Doyoung follows, trying his best not to freak out and run away and hide. He sees everyone's eyes on them making him want to shrivel up into a ball and never come out. But that's when his eyes meet Taeyong's. The way his jaw was slightly ajar as he looked him up and down, a soft pink settles on both of their cheeks as the two near their friends. Doyoung slowly starting to get less self conscious as he slowly comes out from behind Ten.

~earlier that day~

"Mom, dad, I'm going to the library to study, I'll see you later." Doyoung says as he walks down the stairs, barely sparing them a glance making his dad raise a brow.

"It's 10 in the morning." He says and Doyoung shrugs.

"It's a study group, and this was the only time everyone was available." Doyoung half asses as he turns to look at his father who seems to have believed the lie.

"Very well." He says and Doyoung nods softly before walking out the front door and shutting it behind him. He let's out the breath he didn't realize he was holding before pulling out his phone and following the directions to Ten's house.

"You actually showed up!" Ten says excitedly as he pulls his friend into his house.

"Come come! Let's go to my room! We're waisting time." Ten says as he pulls Doyoung to his room almost tripping him in the process. Ten leads the way to his room and Doyoung aw's at it. It had "christmas" lights hanging from the ceiling that swooped into curves across the room creating a ballroom like effect. A white vanity that looked like it was supposed to be in the backstage of a movie set. Green vines hanging down from the wall that fell perfectly around a mounted mirror. His bed had lots of pillows and stuffed animals on it and Doyoung was sure that if he lied down in it he would never get back up.

"Your room is so pretty." Doyoung compliments.

"Thanks. It doesn't usually look like this though." Ten chuckles before walking further into his room and pulling out his outfit that they had bought during the week.

"You brought your outfit?" Ten asks and Doyoung nods as he signals to his book bag that was supposed to be filled with 'textbooks.'

"Great! Come! We'll do our makeup first." Ten says as he pulls out the chair from his vanity and pulls out a stool from the corner of his room for Doyoung to sit on.

Doyoung sits down anxiously as Ten passes him a headband to hold his hair back.

"Have you ever put on makeup?" Ten asks as he pulls out all the supplies he'll need.

"A little bit." Doyoung confesses as Ten nods.

"Okay. I'm gonna do you first." Ten says and Doyoung nods as Ten starts to place a thin layer of foundation on his face. Doyoung takes a second to admire all the piercings Ten's ears had collected. They were all cohesive and suited him really well.

"Do your parents not say anything about your piercings?" Doyoung asks and Ten immediately shakes his head no while his eyebrows furrow slightly.

"My mom's don't really care, one of them has her ears full of piercings along with tattoos all over her body. She was actually the one to convince me to do my lobes." Ten says as he flicks his ears softly. "And then over time I wanted to get more and more." Ten says sheepishly making Doyoung chuckle.

"You have two moms?" Doyoung asks and Ten nods.

"Yeah, I'm adopted." He says and Doyoung ah's with a small nod. The room going silent for a second.

"I know you want to ask more questions, go for it. It doesn't bother me." Ten chuckles and Doyoung blushes a little bit, embarrassed about being read so easily.

"I'll give you a run down. I was born in Thailand, my parents adopted me when I was five. We lived in the U.S for a few years before moving here because my other mom wanted to be closer to family." Ten says calmly as he continues to apply Doyoung's makeup.

"My mom, the one with piercings and tattoos is thai and my other mom is korean-chinese."

"Is that why you speak so many languages?"

"Precisely!" Ten says and they both laugh.

"God it was so frustrating. When I was in the U.S I would go to school and learn english while also learning regular curricular stuff and then go home and have to learn korean and mandarin." Ten groans as he throws his head back as a sign of exhaustion making Doyoung laugh.

"Coming out must have been easy huh?" Doyoung asks and Ten blows raspberries before laughing.

"Oh yeah. They literally threw me a party." Ten says as he shakes his head making Doyoung burst into laughter.

"No way!?"

"You don't believe me? Here." Ten says before grabbing a photo book from his shelf and opening it up to a page that makes Doyoung laugh even harder.

It was a picture of fourteen year old Ten with an awkward expression on his face with a rainbow cake placed in front of him. The banner behind them read "CONGRATULATIONS you're gay!" with the "you're gay" clearly being written on by his parents. They both have a good laugh about it before Ten puts the book away and finishes up Doyoung's makeup.

"Okay i'm done what do you think?" Ten asks as Doyoung looks at himself in the mirror. His mouth drops open. wow, Ten is a miracle worker.

"Wow. I don't even look the same." Doyoung says as he takes off the headband and touches his face lightly.

"What are you talking about? You look exactly the same! I barely put anything on you." Ten laughs as he shows him the four products he had used to do his makeup.

"Just a smidge of makeup to make your pretty features pop. That's the Ten Lee effect." Ten says with a wink as Doyoung rolls his eyes with a small smile.

"I have a straightener if you need it." Ten says as he opens a draw under his vanity and hands it to Doyoung. The younger takes it with a small nod before plugging it in the wall and waits for it to heat up as he watches Ten do his own makeup.

"What about you? Are you out to your parents yet?" Ten asks and Doyoung immediately shakes his head no.

"No way! I'd probably get kicked out if they knew. Very religious." Doyoung says with a light chuckle.

"But even if they weren't, or if I wasn't gay they would probably still be against me dating. 'school is your number one priority.'" Doyoung mimics as Ten hums.

"Well if you ever need a place to crash." Ten starts as he pats his bed. "You can come stay here." He says playfully, a hint of seriousness hidden behind his words.

"Go change while you wait for the straightener to heat up. The bathroom is down the hall, first door to the right." Ten says and Doyoung nods before grabbing his back pack and heading to the bathroom. He changes and stares at himself in the mirror. The reality of the whole situation starting to come down on him.

"Ten I don't think I can do this..." Doyoung says as he walks back to the older's room.

"What are you talking about? You look great! All you need is a little confidence." Ten says as he grabs his outfit from the closet.

"I'm gonna go change i'll be back." Ten says before walking out of his room. Doyoung looks at himself in the mirror and sighs as he stands up. He stares at himself in the mirror. Inspecting every last inch of himself.

"I kind of feel like an idol in the outfit." He thinks to himself as he giggles at the thought of it. Being an idol. He could only dream of that. He stares in the mirror for a second before dancing to the new choreo he had just learned.

"You got me like cray-cray-crazy in love~" He sings softly as he gets more confident in his movements.

"I'm gettin' loco-loco-co~" He sings but jumps when he hears clapping. He turns to the door way and to see Ten leaning against his door frame with a big smile on his face.

"That's one way to gain some confidence." Ten says with a giggle as Doyoung's face burns red.

"Ohh don't be embarrassed. We all do it." Ten says before doing a small part of the choreo as well.

"I fucking love itzy." Ten says and they both start to laugh.

"Holy shit! It's already 12:40 we gotta go." Ten says as he checks the time and the two hurry to get their hair done before running out of the house, their laughs echoing through the neighborhood.

So that's how the two ended up there. Dressed up with all eyes on them.

"Hey guys! Sorry we're a little late." Ten says as he pushes his hair out of his face.

"Never mind that! Y'all look fucking amazing." Seulgi says as she looks them up and down.

"Never thought I would see you in something like that Doyoung." She teases and he only giggles softly.

"Taeyong? You good?" Yuta whispers in his ear with a small smirk on his face. Taeyong snaps his gaze away from Doyoung with an evident blush on his face.

"If you're not gonna make a move, I will." Yuta shrugs as he walks over to Doyoung but Taeyong immediately grabs his wrist and pulls him back.

"Just give me a second." Taeyong says under his breath making Yuta laugh.

"Hey Taeyong." Doyoung says with a small smile as he walks over to the boy.

"H-hi." Taeyong says as he gulps softly. Trying his best to keep his eyes from roaming the rest of Doyoung's body.

"See something you like?" Seulgi teases making the two blush a deeper red.

"Stop teasing. Let's go!" Ten shouts as he grabs Doyoung and Seulgi by the wrist and drags them away making Yuta and Taeyong laugh.

"Oh my god. Let's go to the cat café!!" Ten shrieks as he runs inside, not waiting for the others.

"Table for five please!" Ten says excitedly as he looks around at the cats with a bounce in his step. He looks the waiter in the face and his jaw drops slightly once he sees who's standing in front of him.

"Johnny?! I didn't know you worked here as well!" Taeyong says as he walks up to the counter.

"Yeah, this is my weekend job, mostly just volunteering." Johnny says making Taeyong ah, before turning around to see Ten still staring at him. He nudges him slightly and Ten's head snaps to look at him as a soft blush spreads across his face.

"W-what?" He says making his friends- and Johnny laugh.

"You guys can follow me this way." He says as he leads them to a table, everyone cooing at the cats walking around.

"So I will let you know that the cats with green tags are ready to adopt, yellow means that they are temporarily being boarded, and red means that they aren't up for adoption." Johnny says as he hands them all a menu. "If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask."

"He wants to know if you're single." Yuta says as he points at Ten who goes wide eyed and slaps Yuta's hand as everyone tries to hold back their laughter.

"I-I'm sorry, my friends are just DUMB and ANNOYING." He says as he glares at Yuta making Johnny chuckle.

"We'll... If you really did want to know, the answer is yes." He says and gives Ten a quick wink before walking away. The said boy was left dumbfounded as he looked at his friends, asking if that really just happened.

"Yes that actually happened." Taeyong giggles making everyone laugh.

"He was totally checking you out." Seulgi says and Ten immediately shakes his head no. The four of them start talking about how cute they would look together making Ten blush and try to hit them all to make them stop. Taeyong looks over at Doyoung who was sitting silently, petting the cat that had crawled into his lap with a big smile on his face. The older watches him. The way Doyoung's moves his hand lightly through the cats fur, so delicate like he would break it if it he did it with more force. The way his other hand scratched under the cats chin as the animal leans into his touch.

Everything Doyoung did was endearing.

"Okay, pack it up Taeyong." Seulgi says making Taeyong blush as he snaps his head away from Doyoung and glares at Seulgi.

"Maybe we should actually start looking at the menu." Doyoung says with a giggle and everyone laughs with a nod. They all start brainstorming what they should get and Ten feels something brush against his leg, he looks under the table and coos.

"Well hello friend." He says with a giggle as he picks up the cat who immediately starts purring once Ten places it into his lap and starts petting it.

"What's your name?" He giggles and grabs his tag that reads 'louis.'

"Oh my god you're so cute!" He squeals as he hugs the cat. They hear meows and look down to see another cat staring at Ten and louis. Louis ignores the other cat and lays his head on Ten's shoulder.

"I think i'm in love." Ten says with a pout as he pets the cats head.

"You guys must be friends." Seulgi coos as she picks that one up as well.

"Looks like you guys found my cats." Johnny giggles as he walks up to them with a notepad, and his sleeves rolled up showing off his tattoos.

"Your cats?" Seulgi asks and Johnny nods.

"I'm kind of in between places right now so my boss let me keep them here as boarding cats." He says and As he scratches Leon's head.

"But it's also a plus because I get to hang out with them all day."

"You're lucky, I was about to snatch this one and take him home with me." Ten jokes as he pets the cat he was still holding.

"You can come visit them anytime, and me if you want." Johnny smirks and Ten immediately flushes red and tries he best avoid eye contact with him.

"Never mind that! When were you planning on showing me those!" Taeyong gasps as he grabs Johnny's arm and pulls it towards him to get a better look. Right over Ten. Bringing their faces closer together.

"Oh god he's hot as fuck AND he has tattoos?!" Ten screams inside his head as Yuta and Seulgi start laughing hysterically.

"You have really pretty eyes." Johnny compliments as he scans the younger's face before smirking and pulling away.

"Louis has seemed to take a liking to you too." Johnny says as he pats the cats head and places a soft kiss on it.

"T-too??" Ten asks and Johnny just chuckles before taking their orders and walking back to the kitchen.

"I'm gonna fucking faint." Ten groans making everyone laugh.

"But hey look! Look's like you might not be single for much longerrrr~" Seulgi sings making Ten blush.

"He probably flirts with everyone, maybe he just wants something and will leave me right after." Ten shrugs and Taeyong looks behind them and sees Johnny looking at them with disappointment written all over his face. Is that what he really thought about him?

Taeyong shakes his head no, somehow knowing exactly what Johnny was thinking and gave him a thumbs up of encouragement making the older smile.

"Okay cupid~" Doyoung says into Taeyong's ear playfully making the older chuckle and push him away.

"Hey I'm friends with both of them, I want them to be happy." Taeyong whispers with a small shrug

"Then what about us?" Doyoung whispers, surprised by his own blondness. He almost regrets it, but smirks softly when he sees the younger flush red.

"I-I-" Taeyong starts but is cut off when Johnny comes back with their orders.

"This guy is gonna be the death of me." Taeyong and Ten both think to themselves.

"SOMMMMMEEEEEE BODY TO LOVEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" Yuta shouts into the mic making everyone cheer. They had found a karaoke place not to far from the café and decided to go.

"I LOVE YOU KOREA!!!" Yuta shouts as the song comes to an end.

"My throat is fucking killing me." Seulgi says but still takes the mic from Yuta and starts singing a twice song.

"I WANNA KNOW KNOW KNOW KNOW WHAT IS LOVE!" They all shout as they get up to do the dance and they're laughs echo through the room. After a few more songs, they decided to give their vocal cords a rest and had Doyoung sing the last song.

"God we already did so many what am I gonna sing now?" Doyoung chuckles as he scrolls through the song list, petting Taeyong's head that had at one point fallen into his lap.

"Sing beautiful by crush!!" Taeyong exclaims, remembering how mesmerizing the younger's voice was. "You guys have to hear Doyoung's singing it's literally magical." He says making Doyoung flush red as the others start to become intrigued.

"I-I'm really not that good." Doyoung says making Taeyong tsk.

"We both know that's not true, hurry up and start singing!" Taeyong says and everyone starts giving him cheers of encouragement making the said male sigh, huffing out a small 'fine' before starting the song.

As soon as Doyoung starts singing everyone's jaw drops as Taeyong lays there with a small smile. All of them listening intently as Doyoung sings his heart out but also sounding so effortless. As soon as the song ends everyone cheers and starts clapping enthusiastically.

"Encore encore!!" Yuta shouts making them all laugh as Doyoung shakes his head.

"How about we all sing the last song together?" Seulgi suggests and everyone nods at that.

"I'm thinking... Genie?" She says and everyone starts screaming excitedly for her to put it on. And they all sing their hearts out as they scream the lyrics at the top of their lungs. As the sun started to set they all walked to the subway station and said they're goodbyes as they get off the cart and start heading their separate ways. Ten, Doyoung, and Taeyong stopping by a convenience store to get a snack (and a bathroom break) and Taeyong and Doyoung wait outside the bathroom for Ten to come out.

"Did you have fun today?" Taeyong asks and Doyoung nods excitedly making the older chuckle. "That's good, you should hang out with us more often."

"I definitely will." Doyoung says with a small smile that Taeyong matches. Just then Ten walks out of the bathroom and they pay for their things before heading out.

"Okay well we're this way, See you later Tae!" Ten says as he waves him off and starts walking giving Doyoung a chance to talk to Taeyong.

"Maybe WE should hang out more often." Doyoung says with a small smile and Taeyong nods. "Goodnight Taeyong." Doyoung says before placing a soft kiss on the older's cheek leaving him stunned as he quickly runs after Ten. Taeyong touches his cheek softly, feeling how hot his face had become.

"Fuck." Is all he can bring himself to say.

🗓️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.5K 2.1K 39
renjun x lucas don't like don't read(under editing starting 2024)
115K 2.4K 18
Your Father George Washington wanted to introduce you to someone. Yet you didn't know he would change your life forever.
18.3K 661 9
Jisung being his inoccent Omega self, gets bullied by the well-kown Alpha Zhong Chenle. But why does Chenle even bully the innocent boy? ALL FICTIONA...
118K 4.7K 33
Jaehyun's bestfriend Johnny never shuts up about how cute his younger brother is, one day Jaehyun finally meets the boy and takes a liking to him imm...