Learn to Live (Vigilante)

By landaho

Izuku was kidnapped by a Mad Doctor who experimented on quirkless kids. Being a complete failure Izuku was s... More

Negotiations
A Day Too Late
A KID?!
Circus Training
The Masked Slave
Foreign
Coffee Boy
After Math (Chapter 8)
I have to (Chapter 9)
Again (Chapter 10)
Ren Suzuki
Home? (chapter something)
Two in one (Chapter 13)
Faking it (Chapter 14)
What does he know? (Chapter 15)
USJ
Lost
There is no more trust
Crutches (Chapter 19)
Izu?
Patience
Training, Fighting, Plotting
Beginning of the sports Festival
Sports Festival, Part 1
Zombies
Sports Festival Part 3.
A Night Out
A Simple Movie
19 or 20?
A Meeting of old Friends.
Stain
Toga
Done With Doing Nothing
Hospitals
Tears and Flames
Information and a Rat

The Other side.

3.5K 170 37
By landaho

"Hitoshi, we messed up." 

"I know."

...

"Don't you dare RUN," Eraserhead yelled. "

"REN! WHY AREN'T YOU RUNNING?" Hitoshi was frantic. 

Eraserhead snapped into full-blown dad mode when Ren WALKED out of his room into the kitchen.

Ren looked back in fear as he started to respond to Hitoshi, "I..." 

His words were lost as his heterochromia eyes glazed over grey. 

Aizawa's previous dad mode tripled enough that he let out a stream of voguer words. 

"HISOSHI! WHAT," He paused trying not to swear, "What were you thinking." 

His voice was cold; harsh, worried. 

"I thought we could help him" 

Hitoshi was now feeling guilt. He had just abused his powers. Even if he had good intentions he abused it. 

Shota walked passed Izuku and grabbed Hitoshi's shoulder.

"You are an Idiot." 

"I, I didn't know what I was thinking." 

"You weren't thinking, that's why." 

Shota brought his hand up to his forehead. 

"What were your intentions, nevermind I already know."

"Can we still do it?"

Letting out a huge sigh Aizawa moved back letting his hand drop, "It's wrong, but I've already thought about doing this many times."

Taking that as confirmation Hitoshi moved to look at Ren. 

"Hitoshi," a short pause, "You need to be careful about your wording. He's a smart kid."

Hitoshi's quirk had drawn more powerful. Since he became an Aizawa, he was able to practice on his dad. 

Over the years they had found out that his quirk could work without the person knowing they had been brainwashed. He couldn't tell someone to do something they didn't know how to do, but he could change their minds. There were two drawbacks; if the person had any inclination the brainwashing would break and Hitoshi had to be near them. The range changed on who he was brainwashing. 

Hitoshi turned to Izuku, "Ren. I'm sorry I did this. You will not remember anything until we get to the car. You will think you are just out of it. Your leg is injured, you don't want to injure it more. You have crutches, you don't like them now, but today they seem useful." 

He paused thinking. He knew that it being useful wasn't going to make Ren use them. 

"They aren't just useful, they are fun. These things are yours. Don't let people take them without permission. Again you will not remember this conversation."

Hitoshi broke the connection down to the last thread. It wasn't that he was still controlling him, but he could still feel the after-effects of his quirk on Ren. 

"You are grounded."

"What? Why? I'm trying to help him."

"Hitoshi, you are the only person I've seen him not twitch around. This would easily make him lose his trust in you."

...

SHOTA POV

The atmosphere in the car was tense. I watched Ren out of the corner of my eye. 

He slowly became more aware until he looked panicked. 

I was panicked he remembered what we did to him, but calmed down.

The kid's wings were always pressed against his back. I wouldn't have believed that they could get flatter until we say the Mida.

...

What the actual living... UGH.

The Mida shows up and Ren is capable of slipping past all of them while injured!

I had to contain Bakugo, as he tried to blast one of the Camera man's cameras. I needed to find that kid. Me and Hitoshi were shocked when he used his crutches to get out of the car. 

Ida had shown up and started walking with us. He started doing my job by reprimanding Bakugo. I didn't stop him. But then Bakugo threatened him and now he has cleaning duty, and he continues to scream with my capture tap over his mouth. 

*Sigh*

Where was the kid?

I was scanning the area and spotted him under a tree.

He stood up and went to move then, thought twice, and gabbed his crutches. 

Wow, I can't believe it's working. This part of Hitoshi's quirk changes from person to person. It was worrying that it worked so well on Ren. It was a clear sign he was subjected to control for years. 

"Suzuki! My respect for you cannot be calculated." Ida said 

The class knew that Ren had fought the Monsters and they all wanted to talk to him about it.

I went in to interfere, but Ren answered. 

"Ida, anyone would have done the same thing. We all played our parts." 

As if, we would have been a lot worse without him. 

"Suzuki I am sorry I wasn't able to visit you. No one in class 1-A has your phone number or knows where you live."

That's right. I've never seen the kid on a phone. I think he has one, but how is he paying for it? How much money does he have? Where did the kid live?

"Oh, sorry that's my bad." 

The problem child started swinging back and forth on the crutches. He seemed to be enjoying himself. 

I looked away for a second and he addresses me. 

"Aizawa?"

Surprised, I let Bakugo go.

"What's up kid?"

"This is a one-time deal. Only for right now. I will show you one of my skills, but you can't stop me ok?"

Why would he show me a skill?

"Is it dangerous?"

"What is this all about?" Ida asked.

"Don't ask it too long of a story" Hitoshi said. He was already on thin ice, that comment just let it crack

Hitoshi apple juice was now on the line. 

"If you can do it, it's not dangerous, or against any law go ahead."

"Ok do you see that tree?" It was the tree he was sitting under. "Just watch."

I was shocked. Utterly shocked. I knew he had skills but that cast was heavy. I even asked Recovery girl to make it heavier so it would make it harder for him to walk around. It didn't work though. 

Everything aside that cast is heavy, but here he is upside down on one hand. 

I wasn't the only one who took in a little gasp when he showed his flexibility. He did a slow-motion backbend and landed on his good foot balancing. I don't know anyone who could have done that. 

"Ren, when did you learn how to do this?" Ida asked amazed.

Something just clicked in my head. Ren was having fun. He was having fun because of Hitoshi. He told him that the crutches were fun. 

We needed to stop this. This was wrong. I was wrong. 

What have we done?

"OH, Ida I ran away to the circus when I was young." 

I choked on my spit.

He probably is the only kid who could joke about that.

"But this isn't the cool thing, look at that tree ok?"

"Okay," Ida said. 

I couldn't describe it. In a flash, one of his crutches was embedded into the tree and he was on the ground with the other one under his arm. 

We were all amazed. 

Hitoshi walked over to pull it out of the tree when Ren flung himself at Hitoshi kicking him, sending him flying. 

"THESE ARE MINE." 

A dark death ora filled the air. 

"YOU HAVE TO FIGHT ME FOR THESE!" 

What is happening, and why? I have never seen him try to protect an object. 

Oh no. 

OH NO!

HITOSHI TOLD HIM TO NOT LET PEOPLE TAKE THEM WITHOUT PERMISSION!

I flashed my quirk at Hitoshi trying to get him to look at me but he was curled up on the ground. 

We messed up.

What can I do... 

The kid was geared to fight. He hesitated, looking down at the crutch. 

He looked shocked. 

He looked like he just betrayed us. 

My memory flashed back to the very first time I saw him. Staring at me, with his mater underneath me.

He has the same flight or fights look. 

He had kicked Hitoshi out of the range of his quirk. 

His look... he's blaming himself. 

He didn't figure it out?

I watched as in a blink of an eye he chose flight. He booked it running on his broken leg.

I was too ashamed to stop him. 

I walked over to Hitoshi, "Hitoshi, we messed up."

"I know."

"What was that all about?" Ida confused. 

"He's lost it," Bakugo whispered. 

"SHUT UP" Hitoshi yelled. 

"You three will keep this a secret, or you will all be expelled."

"WHAT" Bakugo yelled. 

"You hear me. If you tell anyone about this, there are no second chances."

...

The four of us walked into the classroom. 

I walked into the front, as all the students were already sitting down. I made eye contact with Ren. For a second the innocents changed to calculating. As long as he was with his classmates. No one could question him. 

He looked away ashamed of himself. 

I looked away ashamed of what we did. 

Does he know?

I should have stopped Hitoshi. I was blinded by wanting to see this kid take care of himself. What I did was wrong. 

I coughed even though the class was already silent.

"Nezu and the teachers are cracking down on the Media. If they come close to you or follow you, you have the right to sue them."

Pinky raised her hand, "We can do that?"

I sighed about to give them a life lesson, "Yes you can do that as long as you are a student. All of you gave up your privacy when you chose to become a Hero. Heroes are followed constantly by the press. They will spread false rumors, and they will also uncover your darkest secret."

I was watching all of my students. Of course, I looked at Ren, but the person who spiked my interest was Bakugo. He looked stressed. He met my gaze and looked out the window. 

"What about you?" Denki asked. 

"What about me?"

"I think what Denki is saying is you aren't well known," Jiro whispered. 

"That's because I take the worst of the worst jobs. What you see on the news is not what I do. I am an underground Hero. I work with people's nightmares. They don't want to put my work on the news. They don't want to hear how evil people can be. Plus... I hate the press."

I sighed at the end. 

"I never thought about that, I mean the Media. I mean ever since I was young I've watched the heroes on TV, but I've never thought was what that means to them."

Momo Yaoyorozu was a smart girl.

"You are right Momo, but the most popular Heroes get the most money. Popularity matters even though that's wrong. All of you will have to fight each other for popularity unless you chose to become an underground Hero."

Something seemed off with Bakugo. Even Todoroki seemed out of it, more than usual.

What was going on? 

"All of you! What is going on?"

Everyone seemed down. No one answered.

"I get it you all missed our daily exercises. Good thing you did, because today we are working on flexibility."

The whole class groaned, as three eye's landed on Ren. Bakugo, Hitoshi, and Ida. 

_________

We love these quirks. 

BTW Izuku can talk to animals if you forgot. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 9.8K 51
DISCLAIMER: MHA doesn't belong to me but Kohei Horikoshi This books contains strong language, blood, abuse, depressing topics(self harm, suicide atte...
782K 29.2K 43
Everyone said he was untamable and not human like! His mother couldn't handle the pressure of a son that had such a unique quirk and gave him up. No...
87.7K 3.6K 18
Izuku Midoriya was bullied all his life. He was quirkless and there was nothing he could do. It was simply the fate of quirkless kids to die young. "...
75.6K 2.9K 25
Izuku Midoriya was one of the students that were participate into civil war game that Nezu came up with. However Izuku was chosen to be the villain...