Forbidden Attractions (Book #...

By Xx_Life_to_Live_xX

"Sometimes the hardest choice you have to take, is also the right one." ... More

Author's Note
Forbidden Attractions
CAST
CAST (Extras)
00. looking for samantha
01. all is fair in love & war
02. welcome to london
03. family dinners and dilemas
04. meet the morettis
05. remedy for heartbreak
06. fool me once
07. crazy attracts crazy
08. cocktail parties and pretty dresses
09. what are best-friends for
10. delirium
12. la bella angele
13. the wolf's bride
14. there's a villian in every story
15. out of chances
16. gifts and cheesy nicknames won't mend the past
17. who'd you kill this time?
18. fashion shows and shocking news
19. ambush
20. deadly poison
21. an eye for an eye
22. a chaotic mess called drunken lust
23. the fall of the mighty king
24. the mafia queen
25. let's kill this show
26. between sinners and saints
27. compromises
28. just let her go

11. loves me, loves me not

126 6 10
By Xx_Life_to_Live_xX

HIS POV

I let out an agitated groan as I set down the last box which contained all my photography gear. I walked toward the crystal clear window walls. I could see all of New York City from this height. The setting sun glistened over the many glass buildings creating a beautiful scenery.

       "How she would have loved this," I mumbled as my mind drifted to the absent Samantha.

       "You really need to stop thinking about her," Dylan's voice echoed through the walls of the empty living room. He had my two large suitcases which I had forgotten.

       "I am not," I lied trying to act nonchalant.

       "'How she would have loved this'," Dylan mimicked my earlier words with a much more dramatic tone as he placed his palm onto his head and swooned sadly.

        "Shut up," I rolled my eyes as I took out the stuff from the boxes.

        "I have to say this penthouse condo was a really good choice," Dylan admired my new home.

       As much as I wanted to be happy about this accomplishment, the sadness was eating me up. I wished that Samantha had not left me. I would've shared this happiness with her.

       "The memories we could've created here," I unintentionally mumbled as I looked around the penthouse.

        Dylan turned to me with a look of disapproval as he shook his head. However, before he could reprimand me, the doorbell to the penthouse rang.

"Did you order food?" Dylan asked excitedly and I shook my head.

I walked over to the door confused as to who it could be. I checked the security camera and the hairs on my back stood up as I watched the redhead on the other side waiting for me to answer.

"Fuck," I mumbled as I took a few steps back from the door.

"Who is it?" Dylan's eyebrows furrowed together as his eyes looked at me concerned.

"Eloise," I answered as I gripped my hair in frustration.

"Oh shit," Dylan wore the same panicked look as I did.

Despite my extremely drunken state from a few weeks ago, I was able to remember every detail. Specifically the fact that Eloise kissed me while I was close to unconscious. I immediately told Dylan the following morning, but tried to maintain a normal relation with Eloise.

       I never suspected that Eloise held romantic feelings for me. I always thought he had a mutual understanding of our friendly, almost sibling-like relationship. However, as soon as I got the chance, I left the apartment and moved into my penthouse. As far as I knew, she was did not have a clue I was aware of what happened that night.

       "Just open the door," Dylan said and I obliged hesitantly.

       As my hand touched the handle, I backed away again with puckered lips.

       "What If she found out I know about what she doesn't think I know?" I whined.

       "Then—I—Ugh, just move!" Dylan pushed me out of the way and opened the door. "Hey-y-y, Eloise. What you doing girl?"

       I face-palmed myself at Dylan's actions. Eloise raised an eyebrow confused by Dylan's unordinary demeanor. She then turned her gaze toward me and her pink lips lifted into a smile.

       I scratched my neck and looked away, not able to maintain our locked gaze for long.

       "I was, umm—I was cleaning up your room and I found this in your closet, it was really hidden in there," Eloise handed me the blue duffle bag in her hands. It was Samantha's. "I figured you probably forgot it."

       "Oh, umm, thank you," I walked over to the counter and placed the duffle bag on it.

       "I'll see you guys around," Eloise walked out sensing the awkward tension.

       "Yeah, see you around," Dylan chuckled nervously while I just gave her a distracted wave. My eyes were fixated on the bag in front of me.

       "I wonder why she left this behind?" I mused.

        "Is that Samantha's?" Dylan asked as he finally turned toward me.

       "Should I just throw it away?"

       Dylan shook his head. "Have a look inside. Why would she leave just this behind and take everything else?"

       Dylan was right and Eloise had mentioned it was hidden in the closet. Samantha never hid her duffel bag when stayed with me. She always had it out in the open near our drawer.

       I curiously opened the bag and found a few pieces of clothes including the dress she had on when I met her. I looked around the bag and my fingers grazed over a blue velvet box.

        "That looks like it contains something expensive," Dylan commented.

       I looked at the box and found an engraving on the back. 'Villanueva', it read and I felt my heart clench.

        I opened the box up and found it was empty. Except for a tiny folded paper tucked in the corner. I picked it up and was taken aback to find my name written on it in Sam's handwriting.

        "It's a letter," I said as I picked up the piece of paper and unfolded. My eyes began to glide over every letter.

Dear Brian,

My love, if you are reading this it means that my past has caught up to me. You see, I was once engaged to this wealthy man. After, he did something horrible to someone I cared for, I left him and came to New York. Then I met you and I let myself drown in your love, even though I shouldn't have. I know this man is still after me, chasing me, hunting me down.

This letter is a goodbye. I most likely had to flee again to escape this man's wrath. Just know that I did not leave you out of choice, but I was forced to. I love you Brian and you have made my world all the better. Even if we have spend a short time together, it has been the best. I love you Brian, I always will.

       "She didn't leave me," I gasped as I set the note down.

       Dylan drew his eyebrows together as he picked up the note and began to read it himself. His hand clasped his mouth as he finished reading the letter.

       "Wait, wait, wait... so, does this mean that the 'wealthy man' she is referring to is Dante?" Dylan asked and I shrugged. "Maybe he forced her to go with him?"

       "Now that I think of it," I tapped my chin as I tried to remember the day Sam left. It had been a month already. "She was talking on the phone with someone and she looked distressed. God, I am such a fucking idiot! He must have threatened her or something!"

       I rushed into my pants and pulled out my phone.

       "What are you going to do?" Dylan asked.

        "I am going to call Luca," I explained as I looked for Luca's number. "He knew Samantha from before I met her. He should have some information on her."

I was going to find Sam and bring her home.

Author's Note
Happy Friday everybody! Here it is chapter 11 and another Brian POV. He is finally starting to put the pieces together and going to search for Samantha. What do you guys think will happen? Will he find her? Let me know your thoughts in the comments. Thank you all so much for reading.

S/N: Like I mentioned, I have been struggling with my mental health lately so I am gonna take a short break from writing. I will see you guys in a week or two with another update. Ciao my lovelies!
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 6.7K 63
*Some scenes include physical abuse* Hope Ficci is a 19 year old girl from New York. One night away with her best friend reveals secrets that she has...
1M 26.2K 59
Two notorious mafias in Italy one is ruled by Gabriella Sangriento and the other is ruled by Giovanni Carson. Both of their gangs loathe each other...
121K 2.9K 55
His eyes narrowed at me, looking me up from head to toe in a slow almost seductive manner. I tried my best not to shudder from the intensity in his g...
212K 4.4K 54
She's a girl with a powerful family. He's a guy who runs his own mafia. So why do they have anything to do with each other? Why does he have to be he...